Gunstar Super Heroes Game Boy Advance
  • Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Oct 25, 2005
8.5

1. Feb 28, 2011
    The game would have gotten an 8 if the game made itself different to the original Gunstar Heroes. This is just a remake which, although a good thing for those who missed out on the original, for many of the returners, this game is a waste of time to play. Another negative is the lack of multiplayer (I know about linking up with another player if they have the same game but that isn't goodThe game would have gotten an 8 if the game made itself different to the original Gunstar Heroes. This is just a remake which, although a good thing for those who missed out on the original, for many of the returners, this game is a waste of time to play. Another negative is the lack of multiplayer (I know about linking up with another player if they have the same game but that isn't good enough), the original was a blast to play because the multiplayer was from the get go...

The game itself is great, don't think I gave it a 6 due to the game being bad, it's far from that...I marked it down due to being essentially a remake and a lack of multiplayer (the development's fault for the system decision). People didn't buy this game simply because they've played it before...I regret buying this game as I was lead to believe this game was original/sequel to the original.

Overall, if you haven't played it before and you don't care for MP, buy it...if you are a Treasure Fan or you want to play it with a friend, stick to the Virtual Console/Mega Drive version instead.

1. If you were a fan of the original you need to find this game; if you're not a GBA owner it's worth picking up a new Game Boy Micro just for this game.
    GSH carefully sidesteps out of the shadow of its imposing ancestor and manages to be one of the most addictive and unadulterated blasters on Nintendo's handheld.
  3. It's frantic, satisfying, very challenging and full of the sorts of explosive set-pieces, generous destruction and screen-filling sprites that made the original such an enormous success. [Christmas 2005, p.113]