7.8

1. Mar 17, 2012
    This game... it's pretty much the Kingdom Hearts equivalent of Final Fantasy IX to me. Everything about this game, in my eyes, is straight up perfect. The pacing of the story is perfect. The characters are perfect. The worlds are perfect. And yes, even the battle system, in my eyes, is straight up perfect. The card system was something fresh and new and it never deteriorated from the balls-to-the-walls-battles for me. The addition of the Nobodies as the primary antagonists was also perfect, because it gave some very complex baddies to actually be scared of. And the story is still from the brilliant minds of Square, being able to capture the themes of rememberance, what we need vs. what we want, and deception in one glorious package.

This game garners a perfect ten out of me, and keep in mind that this is my opinion.

1. A really excellent GBA game which pushes the little system to a degree that few games have tried.
  2. The levels are repetitive, boxy mazes with nothing interesting in them aside from battles, and the story's for fans only. Still, it's a technically excellent and fun game that begins to wear only through repetition and ease. [Jan 2005, p.84]
  3. Chain Of Memories' biggest problem is the repetitive nature of most of the rooms. In order to build up anything that even resembles a decent set of cards you'll need to repeat fights countless times to earn Moogle Points and experience, and the relatively limited number of different Heartless in each area can make this something of a chore.