8.2

1. Mar 2, 2012
    Even after Mario Kart 7, MKSC still has a lot of extreme fun. It has 40 tracks, more than any other game in the series. What's not to like in a racing game this good?
  2. Mar 22, 2013
    While it is like the original, the original has not aged the best. The controls are floaty, but it is Mario kart, but only a decent one. The tracks are good but not great, in fact everything about this is only okay.
  3. Oct 29, 2013
    Such an underrated game, It has some of the best courses in Mario Kart history and it has 40 different courses. With that many courses you can play this game for hours.
  4. Oct 27, 2011
    This game gives you 200%: 100% is a game of its own, with its 20 original courses, the other 100% is a remake of Super Mario Kart; fantastic and a timeless game that has high replay value
  5. Sep 3, 2013
    Mario Kart Super Circuit feels like a buggy mess and it goes on for 10 cups making it by far the longest and (at least in my opinion) worst Mario Kart game.
  6. Jun 4, 2011
    Mario Kart Super Circuit is truly a redefining game on the GBA. Pros: Fantastic graphics for the GBA; lots of characters, tracks, and options; lots of single-player and multiplayer value. Cons: The controls are a tad bit tough to adapt to.
  7. May 1, 2011
    It's "almost" all the fun of Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64 right on your GBA. Pros: Excellent visuals and control; some of the best graphics on a GBA ever; single-player and multi-player mode are a blast; variety of characters and tracks. Cons: It can feel a bit repetitious, especially if it's the only GBA game you have.
  8. May 26, 2011
    I was surprised at how much this is like Mario Kart 64, what with the position of the camera. Featuring decent graphics and a boatload of courses, this one will keep you on the road.
  9. Sep 11, 2013
    I really LOVE this game. I played this game every single day and never got tired of it.

Mario Kart Super Circuit is just an amazing game. Score: 4/5.
  10. Feb 4, 2014
    For that time, it was the best racer on the GBA for sure and was hell fun. It was not easy to get the best ranking on all cups and the tracks were good and short, so doing a cup on the go was ok. However the controls were hard to handle and you need time to learn them, so there is a learning curve and beginners should have got a hard time. But the amount of what you can do was really surprising!
  11. May 12, 2014
    This is the worst of the Mario Kart Games. The graphics suck, it's so hard to steer, and I hate that there's a limited number of retries for the Grand Prix.
  12. Jun 20, 2014
    Maybe I just need to get used to the controls, but I found Super Circuit to be probably the worst game in the entire Mario Kart series and it seriously shocks me to see that this game got the highest score on Metacritic out of all the Mario Kart games. I mean the game is not bad, but it just fell flat for me and it kind just feels a bit dated for it's type of game.

Pros: -Atmosphere

Pros:
    -Atmosphere and character selection is fine.
    -The graphics are done well...well probably about as well as the GBA can handle.
    -Item selection is fine, the courses...not bad.
    -I like that they brought the courses from the original Super Mario Kart.

Cons:
    -Steering controls felt gimmicky which was bad for the loads of sharp turns this game had.
    -When you had no coins, there would be this annoying and repetitive beeping noise.
    -There is a delay when you run into a banana peel or a hazard like that where you would just shake a bit continue a little and then spin around out of control which is STUPID!
    -Like MK64, the Time Trails are very strict on how you can save the ghosts, like on Boo Lake if you bump into just one small edge of the stage it will immediately prevent you from saving the Ghost.
    -I didn't like Luigi's voice or his winning pose (I know, very nit-picky of me)
    -Also Nit-Picky but seriously, another giant Cheep-Cheep floating over the celebration stage. I am so glad they too that stupid thing out of Double-Dash and Mario Kart games beyond that.
    -Credits are un-skip-able, which is annoying, especially when the credit music is crap when compared to MK64's amazing credit music.

Overall, This is a Mario Kart i'd probably would say to skip unless you find it for a great deal.
  13. Jul 28, 2014
    This is a pretty enjoyable entry for the series, it sports some nice graphics for the GBA. The control takes some time to get used to, but it's pretty good when you do. The tracks are fun and there are some great ideas. It's a barrel full of fun and while it is one of the hardest Mario Kart games, it's definitely a great one.
  14. Aug 16, 2014
    Game: Mario Kart Super Circuit
    Genre: Racing
    Developer: Intelligent Systems/Nintendo System: Gameboy Advance (GBA) Total Score: 81/100 Value Score: 8.1/10 • Story: */10 • Characters: 9/10 • GamePlay: 8/10 • Graphics: 8/10 • Sound: 6/10 • Music: 7/10 • Length: 7/10 • Replay Value: 9/10 • Player Value: 7/10 Pros +More characters than the original SNES version
    Game: Mario Kart Super Circuit
    Genre: Racing
    Developer: Intelligent Systems/Nintendo
    System: Gameboy Advance (GBA)
    Total Score: 81/100

• Music: 7/10
    • Length: 7/10
    • Replay Value: 9/10
    • Player Value: 7/10

Pros
    +More characters than the original SNES version
    +Includes a whole new set of tracks along with the SNES version's tracks
    +Music has been remixed for the extra tracks
    +New modes such as Quick run which enables customization of races and vehicles and VS mode which allows multiplayer battles
    +Addition of backgrounds in race tracks adds a nice touch to the visuals

Cons
    -Extra tracks missing obstacles makes it seem like it was a rushed idea and very empty in design
    -Due to the GBA sound card, most of the sounds seem a bit off and sometimes some voices do not work at all or some sounds do not work.
    -The lack of the feather ability makes some of the extra track shortcuts seem useless
  15. Dec 3, 2014
    I mean, there are good courses... to remake on newer consoles....

The game's controls are slippery, and the graphics are horrible. The Game Boy Advance sets this game back far. Don't play it unless you're a hardcore Mario Kart fan.
  16. Feb 13, 2015
    My least favourite Mario Kart besides the SNES. But it's an okay game. The graphics are fine. The quality is horrible. The character selection is the same as the N64. The tracks are good but flat. Mario Kart Super Circuit isn't "that" good but it is worth getting to add to your Mario Kart collection.

1. One of the most ingenious games ever to come from the Nintendo stable.
  2. If you play this game over and over like I did, then you will find something new and challenging each and every time you plug it in.
  3. Fortunately, although the naming scheme has strayed from tradition, the gameplay is exactly what you expect of Mario Kart.