Pokemon FireRed Version Game Boy Advance

9.0

1. Aug 31, 2016
    An absolute classic. Having grown up playing Pokemon Yellow on my translucent GBC, the nostalgia factor weighs in heavily for me, but this remake of the original classic can easily stand on it's own as one of the best RPG's if not the best RPG for the GBA. Wherein lies a massive colorful world to explore with charming characters, creatures, and quests. Catchy music (occassionallyAn absolute classic. Having grown up playing Pokemon Yellow on my translucent GBC, the nostalgia factor weighs in heavily for me, but this remake of the original classic can easily stand on it's own as one of the best RPG's if not the best RPG for the GBA. Wherein lies a massive colorful world to explore with charming characters, creatures, and quests. Catchy music (occassionally over-repetitive) accompanies you on an epic journey to become a pokemon master. Hours upon hours of unique gameplay will reward gamers who are up for the challenge. Expand
  2. Aug 29, 2016
    Best Gba Game Ever And The Best Remake For a Pokemon Game Also İt Still Holds Up İn 2016 it fixes Every Thing First Game Done Wrong Speical İs Now Speical Atk And Speical Defense New Moves New Pokemon's New Mission's İt is One Of The Best Pokemon Game Of All Time
  3. Jul 24, 2016
    Best Game Boy Advance Game . Graphics isn't good, but in RPG Graphics is no matter, fights and battles in this game are very shorts, but this isn't bad, many people think short battles is plus, because many people play to walkthrough and many people hate long, not interesting games, but Pokemon Fire Red is long game too, but Pokemon Fire Red is amazing game with interesting storyline, atBest Game Boy Advance Game . Graphics isn't good, but in RPG Graphics is no matter, fights and battles in this game are very shorts, but this isn't bad, many people think short battles is plus, because many people play to walkthrough and many people hate long, not interesting games, but Pokemon Fire Red is long game too, but Pokemon Fire Red is amazing game with interesting storyline, at the moment you must to use your head and I think this is best Pokemon Game, Best GBA Game and one of the best Nintendo Game, but battles are very easy . Amazing Game, but easy . Expand
  4. May 20, 2016
    Such an Amazing game. All the things that i loved in Pokémon Red for the GB, but no with such better graphics. Long game-play time, I played it for 90 hours.
  5. Apr 2, 2016
    This game is truly addicting from the start. Having collected the trading cards, watched the show and the movies as a kid, playing through the game was such a blast for me back in the day. I decided to play this game again since it was the 20th anniversary of Pokemon this year and I had a blast playing through this again.

So much care was put into this game and shows from start to

So much care was put into this game and shows from start to finish. Catching and raising Pokemon is the name of the game and it's of course the best part of it. Building the right team, exploring the world and interacting with the people in the world is just fantastic.

You will have to grind a whole lot to make your Pokemon the strongest but for me I really enjoy the grind and working hard for results.

12 years old and this game is still one of the finest handheld games I have ever played!
  6. Apr 2, 2016
    The game is just as awesome as the originals that came before it. But with the new features of Gen 3, although no annoying double battles. Everything feels right about it and it does most of the stuff good as a remake should. The post game could be a bit longer but that's a minor gripe.
  7. Dec 3, 2015
    If you haven't played a pokemon game yet and the new one's seem overwhelming because of all the pokemon this is the perfect one to start your adventure.
    Just trying to catch all the pokemon and defeating gym leaders, and the pokemon league It's all very addicting and worth your time, and i warn you'll need a lot of hours to catch em all!!!!
  8. Jul 21, 2015
    Welcome to Pokémon, a funny game that is overwhelmingly overrated!
    The story of the game is you, a kid that leaves home to be the best pokémon trainer. Yeah, that's the story. Nothing more than that, and it don't even complete a row! But yeah, I gotta give the credits to Lavender Town, which has a really terrifying atmosphere!
    Gameplay is horrible. For me, it's really horrible. The
    Welcome to Pokémon, a funny game that is overwhelmingly overrated!
    Gameplay is horrible. For me, it's really horrible. The character walks very slow (slow when running) and the walk is even slower when you need to face a couple of annoying Zubats and Paras on a cave (Yeah, I know about repel, but you will miss the experience points for sure). And the battle? It's very, very slow! That's why, on gameplay videos, I always see people using a fast forward feature.
    But yeah, gotta give the credits to the strategic battle system.
    Finally, I gotta say I have reasons to give this score. I played Pokémon FireRed, Blue version, Crystal version, Ruby/Emerald versions, and this review fits almost perfectly to the others (Except Ruby/Emerald. I enjoyed the story). So, I'll be happy if someone with better arguments disagree with me.
  9. May 22, 2015
    This is a really nice game, for the most part. The one monotonous thing about this game is the abundance of trainers that you have to fight in certain areas - it gets old and takes away from the re-playability value. Still, the classic remixes, exotic/classic Pokemon, handsome graphics, and marvelous post-game make this game very enjoyable. This is a very respectable remake.
  10. Jun 22, 2014
    A great remake of the classic Pokemon, and brings back the fun and adventure they had in the first game, and more, with more Pokemon, and better graphics, all implementations that had the 2nd generation and also 3rd, also in this game.
  11. Jul 23, 2013
    The technology may have been obviously surpassed over the years, yet "Pokemon FireRed Version" is still able to delight. Despite its technology, and my review in the current year of 2013, I still truly enjoy this game. With its wonderful region, Pokemon, and themes, the region of Kanto is one of the most fascinating places developed. With a wonderful story and a wonderful gameplay,The technology may have been obviously surpassed over the years, yet "Pokemon FireRed Version" is still able to delight. Despite its technology, and my review in the current year of 2013, I still truly enjoy this game. With its wonderful region, Pokemon, and themes, the region of Kanto is one of the most fascinating places developed. With a wonderful story and a wonderful gameplay, "Pokemon FireRed Version" still delights me despite its visuals. Expand
  12. Feb 2, 2013
    Awesome. It has a nice atmosphere of new but classic. Also the gameplay is one of the most fun in the pokemon series. The graphic is charming and the Sevii Islands add a lot to the gameplay.
  13. May 7, 2012
    Ladies and Gentleman, I present to you THE Pokemon. none of that Black and White gamees BS. This is what Pokemon is and holds. All though the originals is what started it for me, this game brought back many memories and warmed my heart up. Its really a shame were the Pokemon franchise has now gone. Its just milked for money and no different than Call of Duty. This is a great way to reliveLadies and Gentleman, I present to you THE Pokemon. none of that Black and White gamees BS. This is what Pokemon is and holds. All though the originals is what started it for me, this game brought back many memories and warmed my heart up. Its really a shame were the Pokemon franchise has now gone. Its just milked for money and no different than Call of Duty. This is a great way to relive the past with some added bonus. A Must Buy For Any Pokemon Fan. Period Expand
  14. Mar 29, 2012
    This is one of the best RPGs ever made, with amazing graphics and a great storyline. This game is one of the best games for the GBA and one of the best Pokemon games. 10/10
  15. Mar 22, 2012
    ok game........theres nothing majpr to do wjen you finish the game.....except catch mewtwo and find the next to impossible dog....man and its pure luck to find either suicune entie or raikiu....and the battle tower is ok but not as great.....i like the seven islands the game has to offer though.....its sad though how you need special tickets to get ligia ho oh and deoxys....
  16. Nov 30, 2011
    Pokemon Fire Red Version and its alternate Pokemon Leaf Green Version for Nintendo Gameboy Advanced portable gaming system are remakes of the first two Pokemon games released known as Pokemon Red Version and Pokemon Green Version (never officially english localized by Nintendo) for the Nintendo Gameboy portable gaming system. Pokemon Fire Red Version is created to resemble Pokemon YellowPokemon Fire Red Version and its alternate Pokemon Leaf Green Version for Nintendo Gameboy Advanced portable gaming system are remakes of the first two Pokemon games released known as Pokemon Red Version and Pokemon Green Version (never officially english localized by Nintendo) for the Nintendo Gameboy portable gaming system. Pokemon Fire Red Version is created to resemble Pokemon Yellow Version (without anime exclusive events and content) and Pokemon Red Version while Pokemon Leaf Green Version is designed to resemble Pokemon Green Version and Pokemon Blue Version accordingly. Both Pokemon Fire Red Version and Pokemon Leaf Green Version have different Pokemon available and need to traded to get ones exclusive to each version and you can also trade with Pokemon Emerald Version, Pokemon Ruby Version and Pokemon Sapphire Version for even more unique Pokemon. This game is also compatible with linking to Pokemon Coliseum and Pokemon XD: G.O.D for the Nintendo Gamecube Console using a GBA Controller Cable and the Pokemon Diamond Version, Pokemon Pearl Version, Pokemon Platinum Version, Pokemon Heart Gold Version and Pokemon Soul Silver Version using the GBA slot on a Nintendo DS or Nintendo DS Lite portable gaming consoles. This game features the original game using a completely redone "Generation 3" engine which gives it new features such as the inclusion of the Special Defense stat, hold items, Eggs, Breeding, Generation 3 era TM set, berries, and more that where absent in the the original versions as well as a completely rebuilt inventory system with categories and a large capacity instead of the original game where you could carry only 20 types of items at a maximum of 99 in quantity per slot at any given time. The game glitches from the original game are completely fixed and absent from this game, especially the infamous "MissingNo." programming error which could heavily corrupt or destroy save data if handled improperly in the original games. There are new areas completely exclusive to this remake that was absent in the original games that add more play time and exploration to the game. The music in the game is identical to the original (and some of it's sequels for the newer areas) except that they are modernized versions using the GBA's audio system to the best of its ability. The visuals are nothing special but are a notable improvement from the original releases. Multiplayer consists of battling or trading via GBA link cable or the GBA wireless link if you bought the game new as it came inside the box as a free bonus. All in all, the large amount of Pokemon to collect with most exclusive to trading with another person with a different version, fun and addictive multiplayer battle modes, minigames, new areas and compatibility with Gamecube and DS released gives this game a large replay value especially if you enjoy RPGs, are a perfectionist, are a collector, are a competitive multiplayer gamer or a major fan of nostalgic games of the past. Expand
  17. Nov 8, 2011
    It is superior to the original Pokemon Red but I think Sapphire were better. This remake is unique because it includes the Sevii Islands, an extra area that will entertain you after you beat the main part of the game.
  18. Jul 10, 2011
    Completely a reminder of the classical catch and battle monster RPG. Everything is handled with care , also the addition to get more pokemon, for the Ruby, Saphire and Emerald.
  19. Apr 29, 2011
    Though it's a bit of an unnecessary remake, Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen are a nifty reboot of the 8-bit classics, Red and Blue. Pros: Addictive gameplay; aside from the original 150 Pokemon, there are additional features and levels to explore; trading and battling. Cons: A lot of features from the preceding games are missing; replaces a lot of the useful TMs from Red and Blue withThough it's a bit of an unnecessary remake, Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen are a nifty reboot of the 8-bit classics, Red and Blue. Pros: Addictive gameplay; aside from the original 150 Pokemon, there are additional features and levels to explore; trading and battling. Cons: A lot of features from the preceding games are missing; replaces a lot of the useful TMs from Red and Blue with useless ones; overall, visually unimpressive. Expand
  20. Mar 14, 2011
    Pokemon FireRed is one of my favorite Pokemon game's ever developed. Unlike more recent Pokemon games, FireRed has only 389 Pokemon making it more realistic to really "catch them all". The possibilities are virtually endless playing this game, with 389 Pokemon to catch, each with their unique skill set and special abilities. All the missions are fun, albeit the Team Rocket missionsPokemon FireRed is one of my favorite Pokemon game's ever developed. Unlike more recent Pokemon games, FireRed has only 389 Pokemon making it more realistic to really "catch them all". The possibilities are virtually endless playing this game, with 389 Pokemon to catch, each with their unique skill set and special abilities. All the missions are fun, albeit the Team Rocket missions repetitive, and the Elite Four a challenge. Personally, I have played FireRed 6 times, each with a different team of Pokemon, with my most recent game over 80 hours in length. Unbelievably, I have played this single game more than any other individual game out there. For a game that you can currently get at Gamestop for only 29 dollars, its certainly worth the money. Ultimately, there's something nice about starting out with the original starter Pokemon (Squirtle, Baulbasaur, and Charmander). However, if you are bored with the old pokemon, I would recommend Pokemon Black and White. My only complaint with Firered is that some Pokemon you can only catch/evolve from previous games, most commonly LeafGreen. That being said, this is not something that i degrade the game for, and something that I personally don't enjoy. As some parting word's, a little piece of advice for starter's is to begin with Bulbasaur, the grass Pokemon that will let you get passed the first to gym battles with ease. Expand
  21. Feb 20, 2011
    If you like Pokemon games you will love this game, it's one of the best in the series, the graphics are fantastic, and the sound is superb, while it starts off easy it gets challenging later on, this is one of the best GBA games out there, this one comes highly recommended.
  22. Jan 9, 2011
    A unique fun gaming experience, pokemon at it's very best. The battling is fun and breathtaking, whilst the story-line keeps you entertained until the elite four. Thouroughly enjoyable, worth every penny.
  23. FridgeyB.
    May 12, 2007
    This game is a perfect remake of the red and blue versions-the graphics have been remastered , the gameplay is fantastic and it powerfully engages its audience. May i reccomend that you start the game with Charmander and pick up a Pikachu in viridian forest early and evolve it after it learns thunderbolt - beleive me youll need a good electric type. From there , enjoy yourself and burn This game is a perfect remake of the red and blue versions-the graphics have been remastered , the gameplay is fantastic and it powerfully engages its audience. May i reccomend that you start the game with Charmander and pick up a Pikachu in viridian forest early and evolve it after it learns thunderbolt - beleive me youll need a good electric type. From there , enjoy yourself and burn your rival. Expand
  24. AlexM.
    Jul 13, 2006
    Phenomonal game, first pokemon game I ever played, it made a great first impressions.
  25. MatthewH.
    Aug 6, 2005
    Magnificent. The best GBA game created.
  26. Salvador
    Aug 2, 2005
    Its a pretty cool game but its like the old versions.
  27. ArtinY.
    Mar 20, 2005
    Perfect.
  28. HenryR.
    Oct 25, 2004
    Being a pokemon fan I think this is the best pokemon game ever to be released on gameboy advance it is just the best dont you agree.
  29. JerroldD.
    Sep 28, 2004
    It's one the best games they every made plus you can catch all the pokemon and the graphics are awesome everybody with a gameboy advance or sp should get this game.
  30. LukeH.
    Sep 13, 2004
    This game looks, sounds and is a good game.
  31. MeganC.
    Sep 8, 2004
    This game is the best thing that happend to pokemon ever it is better then ruby and sapphire I should know I got to play it for five mins Iloev so much I going to buy it.
  32. MarcioP.
    Aug 26, 2004
    The best pokemon game!
  33. Messajarjar
    May 29, 2004
    Perfect in every way.
  34. PizzaRia
    May 3, 2004
    One of the best RPG's out there! Definitely worth checking out!
  35. TyG.
    Mar 25, 2004
    Amazing.
  38. JuanD.
    Mar 14, 2004
    Dude it rocks>too bad we dont know the release date. Or can any1 tell me?
  39. RickyV.

#1 Most Discussed Game Boy Advance Game of 2004
#1 Most Shared Game Boy Advance Game of 2004

1. Weekly Famitsu
    9 / 8 / 8 / 8 - 33 gold [Vol 798; 30 Jan 2004]
  2. This game was built to appeal to both the veterans of the series and the new folks just itching to give Pokemon a try. It's a fair bet that the fans will get this game without much hesitation.
  3. GMR Magazine
    If you like wasting small bits of time here and there with your GBA - and especially if you're new to the series - this is still the best thing you get get on the portable. [Nov 2004, p.134]