Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis Game Boy Advance

• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Nov 14, 2006

1. JacobM
    Feb 14, 2009
    I don't understand why everybody hates this! Sure, it's laggy and glitchy, but I think the save system and Spin Dash are great additions! You should give it a shot, even if you're not a Sonic fan.
  2. Nov 11, 2011
    This version of Sonic the Hedgehog is too easy and the controls are terrible. I especially didn't like the new sound effects which removed the feel of Sonic that I liked from the original.
  3. Steve
    Oct 11, 2009
    I got Sonic The Hedgehog Genesis after seeing the bad reviews, and I disagree with them. The game does have slow downs and a different feel, but I still got some enjoyment out of playing this game. In my opinion, it is an ok game.

1. AceGamez
    I truly am blown away by how terrible this port turned out to be.
  2. Nintendo Power
    Considering that "Sonic Mega Collection" for GCN already boasts a perfect version of the original Sonic, this game is a bit of a tough sell, but at least the inclusion of the 'hogs trademark Spin Dash adds some appeal. [Jan. 2007, p.112]
  3. Play Magazine
    There are a few minor twists in the Anniversary Mode, such as the ability to use the Spin Dash that was introduced later in the series, but none of it matters when the fundamentals are so thoroughly screwed. [Dec. 2006, p.92]