8.3

1. Jul 22, 2017
    Its a solid game. The graphics are good (but not the best) and the movements are smooth. I like the way of fighting because you have to make strategies to win, the existence of two modes (beast and human) adds an extra challengue.
  2. Apr 29, 2013
    This is one of my favorite games on the Gamecube system.

The first thing that drew my attention to this game were the graphics. They look very good, even today. It has a very polished look, from the interface to the detailed characters. The biggest achievement is that the game manages to capture an anime look for its characters without using a cartoony style. For some reason, though,
    This is one of my favorite games on the Gamecube system.

For some reason, though, the game wasn't very popular at the time of its launch. Part of this was a timing issue, I believe. The Gamecube was still new and everybody was expecting a lot of innovation.

It's true that it can be difficult even for me to find people that are willing to play the game with me. There are primarily two things that cause this reaction.

The first one is that there are big differences between the characters. Characters tend to have their advantages and weaknesses. If you select a character at random, it might behave in particular ways that can cause some confusion. The way the game was meant to be played is to start with the characters in the order they were listed in the menu. Start with Yugo and Alice and so on these "starter" characters tend to have covered all areas, with moves for all situations. Only after you become comfortable with them move onto characters such as Uriko and Ganesha, which are more specialized.

The second issue that seems to confuse new players is that the game is very combo-oriented. If you connect moves in the proper order, you can unleash a chain of 17 hits that seem impossible to stop. So it can be quite frustrating for the other player, as he presses buttons and realizes that he cannot do much during a combo. The game becomes very fun once your adversary learns to string combos too.

All in all, it is a very good product. Especially considering that it wasn't developed by a huge team with fabulous budgets.
  3. Mar 17, 2012
    [Spanish] Bloody Roar es un juego de peleas que nos va a dejar con la boca abierta, tanto por lo destruibles de su escenario como por su simplicidad, es el típico juego que es fácil de aprender pero dificil de dominar.... recomendado para los amantes de la lucha :D
  4. TrustMeK
    Nov 6, 2007
    It's 2007 and I've had this came since it came out on the gamecube. An awesome game..very underrated. It's still my favourite fighting game. I have soul calibur II as well but I personally reckon bloody roar is so much more fun. The gameplay is much more arcade like and there is more satisfaction from connecting moves and hits in this game than in soul calibur II because It's 2007 and I've had this came since it came out on the gamecube. An awesome game..very underrated. It's still my favourite fighting game. I have soul calibur II as well but I personally reckon bloody roar is so much more fun. The gameplay is much more arcade like and there is more satisfaction from connecting moves and hits in this game than in soul calibur II because they're fast, furious and just feel really insanely strong. The character and their moves feel REALLY strong in comparison to soul calibur II which basically involves weapons most of the time. Weapons don't have that same feeling of power that you get from connecting punches and kicks in crazy combos. Beast mode makes the game even more intense because it makes you feel absolutely monster strong. I also like the stages where things smash up and floors in the levels break away to another level. Things like that make the game feel much more arcade like. The music isn't bad...it has that kind of retro 90's rock sound to it. As 'Diehard Critic' stated, this game is by no means a shallow button mashing game. There is a lot of skill involved in connecting combos and dodging your opponents. If anything, Soul Calibur II is EASILY more of a button mashing game. The only complaint I have of Bloody Roar is the box art cover (lol). Out of all people they had to have Jenny (the bat) on the cover. They could have chosen someone cooler or hotter but had to choose her...she looks like a witch. Another fighting game on the Gamecube which doesn't compare to Bloody Roar is Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance. I bought it and sold it cause it was pretty crap. Horrible graphics and character movement/animation and limited (awful) moves. Overall, I honestly and personally still believe that Bloody Roar is the best fighter on the Gamecube. Hope they make a sequel for the Wii. Collapse
  5. MicahelM.
    Jul 18, 2005
    This is a great game! So much fun, and the music is great!
  6. ScottH.
    Apr 22, 2004
    All right first of all i think people need to take a closer look at this game. it may not be the best fighter ever and it may not be horrible... but i don't see why you could go ahead and give it a ten just because it's a game YOU like. look deeper into it and just admire the qualities.. BRPF's unlockables are absolutely some of the greatest. ever. simply put this is a goodAll right first of all i think people need to take a closer look at this game. it may not be the best fighter ever and it may not be horrible... but i don't see why you could go ahead and give it a ten just because it's a game YOU like. look deeper into it and just admire the qualities.. BRPF's unlockables are absolutely some of the greatest. ever. simply put this is a good game and im a picky gamer. Expand
  7. RyanM.
    Dec 30, 2003
    Bloody Roar is a mediocre fighter. Changing into animals is a great idea, but the game just lacked in variety. Tyhere's not enougyh to do, and that's wyhat tyhe ew figyhters need. Something more... but still a decent fighting game.
  8. DiehardCritic
    Nov 23, 2003
    After reading plenty of reviews on this game, which I own myself, I have theorized that sometimes some editors shouldn't even try to review games that they do not comprehend or that they have just played for a few times and then label the game as being "so-so". I know what this game has to offer. Not only that I am a diehard fighting gamer and I have closely followed the Bloody Roar After reading plenty of reviews on this game, which I own myself, I have theorized that sometimes some editors shouldn't even try to review games that they do not comprehend or that they have just played for a few times and then label the game as being "so-so". I know what this game has to offer. Not only that I am a diehard fighting gamer and I have closely followed the Bloody Roar series since its inception into the fighting game genre. And I find it rather shameful that critics are incapable of doing justice to a game after playing it a few moments or so. Button mashing? I have played this game for quite a while and believe me button mashers have nothing against a true expert who makes use of Guard Attack, Narrow Escape and Shadow Walking leaving button mashers whiffing by while smacking them senseless... And in any case combos here work diffrently. Want to make a real long combo? Well you'll definetly have to practice and master the game because juggle combos are the only way to get surehit combos... Which means button mashers can also be easily blocked midway through their so called combos... Why is this? Simple BRPF system allows quick recovery and other assorted nuances to reward the apprehensive master. Believe me I have had many a friends who are only skilled at button mashing and whereas they might get some fighting in they ultimatelt lose to superior tactical use of Narrow Escaping, Guard Attacking, Cancel Guard, Guard Breaks and all the other stuff out there. Don't trust professional critics reviews. It's just a bunch of baloney. Play the game yourself and you'll see what I mean. Expand
  9. SoulCalibur2
    Sep 9, 2003
    Good game, similar to soul calibur 2, but slightly less fun, because of lack of more options.
  10. Giu
    May 6, 2003
    It's one of the most fun and satisfating beat'em up i've ever played... This isn't Soul Calibur 2 but if you like the idea of become a huge tiger and rip off your enemy with a good combo system this game is made for you.
  11. Daher
    Jun 23, 2002
    Superb graphics, crazy combos and a fun multiplayer.
  12. RyanB.
    Mar 30, 2002
    This game rules. It's one of the best fighting games ever.

#26 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2002
#21 Most Shared GameCube Game of 2002

1. A graphically superb experience with solid, although not as detailed fighting controls.
  2. With astonishing new graphics, and a rock solid gameplay style that is mostly untouched from the previous games, Primal Fury was worth the wait.
  3. If you are looking for a standard fighter for your Gamecube, then this is your only option. Keep in mind though that there are far better fighters for other systems.