8.3

1. May 26, 2011
    One of the very few Bomberman games where the single player mode is just as enjoyable as the multiplayer mode. Following the precedent of the three Nintendo 64 titles, Bomberman Generation gives us a wide open area to explore and destroy in adventure mode with solid controls, interesting puzzles, and challenging bosses. The integration of the Charabom system as well as the return of elemental bombs makes single player mode an enjoyable experience. The battle mode remains as addicting as ever. With several modes such as the classic battle mode, Bomberman Generation is a great game to enjoy with friends or alone. Expand
  2. Nov 27, 2011
    This game provides the highest level of entertainment any person's heart can desire; its combination of gameplay, graphics and game modes assemble a thrilling, exciting explosion of a game.

Hudson have continued in their genius series of Bomberman and have reincarnated the renowned old-style gameplay of Bomberman into an explosive ecstasy of great graphics, cinematics and gameplay. The
    story mode in Bomberman Generation is, by far, the most action-packed yet adventurous of all Bomberman games to date with the introduction to the notorious antagonist Mujoe and his army of Hige Hige Bandits. The thrill doesn't stop there though; there are fun yet challenging levels, tough bosses and parts of the game you need to go back to once you obtain certain items and "Charaboms", which are obtainable characters which serve their purpose to Bomberman throughout the game. Charaboms are obtained through battling with your own Charabom, and various items to create different forms of bombs are obtained through exciting mini games which can be played at any time once the Single Player mode is completed.

The multiplayer (Battle) mode on Bomberman Generation provides entertainment on a whole new level. There are five different battles in which you can battle against the computer or your friends: Reversi, Coin, Dodge, Revenge and, last but most certainly not least, Standard. If you are just looking for a game to kill a lot of time, I would highly recommend this brilliant Hudson production; it is by far the most fun you will have guaranteed.
  3. Jun 18, 2013
    Ah, Bomberman. Good old Bomberman.
    Out of all the local multiplayer games I've played Bomberman in general has got to be one of my all time favorites, next to Worms, and Mario Party. The playful chaos of the games always gets me coming back. Unfortunately we haven't seen much of him recently, and the last one I bought was on the Dreamcast, to which I no longer have. I tried to play some
    of the newer ones, but in terms of the multiplayer, I think this one is the most "recent" one that offers the best experience. Now that is the multiplayer.
    The story on the other hand, I don't care for. That said, I didn't care for the ones on N64, but many people liked it, and I can't say it is bad.
    If you've never played Bomberman, definitely start with this one, from what I gather the story is about as good as the other ones, and the multiplayer is one of the best ones to date(Saturn Bomberman still trumps them all, but I don't have a Saturn) and you can still play in on the Wii if you don't have a gamecube(or like me, dump the game to PC and play on Dolphin emulator. Works like a charm for me and the multiplayer works perfect. That said, I'm not condoning Piracy, I own the game).
    In the end, even if you don't like one mode or the other, as far as I can see, Bomberman Generations is probably one of the best choices despite its "age". Pick it up will ya?
  4. Nov 27, 2011

1. A playable release. The multiplayer mode is as excellent as ever, and even though the single player mode lacks the magic of the multiplayer, it isn’t that bad really.
  2. It's dynamite.
    I love the series and the latest installment is worthy of a purchse...While I prefer the Dreamcast version a tad more.