Cars GameCube
  • Release Date: Jun 6, 2006
7.0

1. u658tyty7f
    Jul 11, 2006
    I think this game is awesome! you guys don't know anything about video games!
  2. KarlN.
    Sep 21, 2007
    While this game has good kid-friendly controls for driving around, it is broken in a number of serious ways. Personally, I don't like the mushy controls but I can understand it for a kid's game. My low rating based on other issues. Some of the events are way too hard (i.e. the stealth mini-games) given that the rest of the events are ridiculously easy. The profile and save While this game has good kid-friendly controls for driving around, it is broken in a number of serious ways. Personally, I don't like the mushy controls but I can understand it for a kid's game. My low rating based on other issues. Some of the events are way too hard (i.e. the stealth mini-games) given that the rest of the events are ridiculously easy. The profile and save system is so confusing that it's hard *not* to delete your profile. The save system is extremely counter-intuitive and stupid. I don't know how a menu system this bad could be created. Kids will enjoy puttering around town but there isn't much to this game. I wouldn't bother getting it. As far as kid games go, MarioKart is vastly better. Expand

1. Although by no means perfect, Cars certainly raises the bar, and hopefully the public's expectations of what a video game tie-in should be. For this more than anything, Rainbow Studios should be applauded.
  2. Whichever version you play, Cars is a likable little racing adventure. The gameplay is nothing outstanding, but it's fun enough while it lasts, and overall it looks pretty slick.
    The racing is by no means terrible, and will serve its purpose for those interested in a Cars video game, but had that aspect been nailed, the whole experience would have been elevated a notch or two.