Enter the Matrix GameCube

8.0

1. Sep 6, 2013
    As a 9-year old, I enjoyed playing Enter the Matrix back in Christmas 2003. I was so good at playing action video games like Zelda, Starcraft and this.
  2. May 16, 2015
    I got this game for my Gamecube when I was 14 and I just loved it. Yes, you would like to play as Neo, in the beginning. However, the best feature of it is that it makes you feel vulnerable. This is The Matrix, and you are just an intruder. You are able to dominate some tricks, some simple enemies. But you gotta run from an Agent Smith or you're dead, just like in the movie.
    Some years
    Some years later, I played Matrix: The Path of Neo. I got very disappointed, and I prefer by far Enter the Matrix.
  3. SeanK.
    Jun 4, 2003
    Ok, for all those people who say this game is crap... Back off, the game does well in what it sets out to do. It flavorfully recreates the feel of the movies and puts you in controll of all the sweet moves you saw in the movies and said to your friend "Sweet fornicating feces! That was too brutal!" (at least, thats what I said...) All in all, I think Enter the Matrix is a neccesary game Ok, for all those people who say this game is crap... Back off, the game does well in what it sets out to do. It flavorfully recreates the feel of the movies and puts you in controll of all the sweet moves you saw in the movies and said to your friend "Sweet fornicating feces! That was too brutal!" (at least, thats what I said...) All in all, I think Enter the Matrix is a neccesary game for those of you who loved the movies and wanted more! Ive only played it on PC and Game Cube so I cant say much for the other two systems... However, I think if you want to buy it... Pass on the PC version and get a console one. As the game needs to run fast to be fully appreciated... (subject to change if you PC is crazy awesome) Music is perfect, al the best from the second film, as well as new music to add to it. Best of all, its not that lame music done by "Todays popular artists!" (blah, give me good orchestral any day) In conclusion, the game is good, this is my opinion, and there is a nice little multiplayer feature you can unlock in the cheat mode. If you dont like my opinion, then you dont have to play the game! However, for those of you who want a pretty well made action game that will continually suprise you with what seems like ENDLESS amounts of moves, get this game. It is a wonderful experience. Sincerely, Sean K. Expand
  4. AlexR.
    Jul 3, 2003
    U know whats funny? the critics all dissed the game and said it sucked, and the gamers all say its good. hmm....I think i will trust a gamer over a critic.
  5. MikeG.
    Nov 6, 2003
    This game is awsome!! you get to run though levels shooting and kicking agents in slow motion. Man that's cool. and it supplies a lot of matrixy action (besides that).
  6. CarlosS.
    May 17, 2003
    It's wicked fill in some of the stuff that was in the matrix reloaded.
  7. J.R.
    Jun 7, 2003
    Amazing
  8. J.R.
    Jun 7, 2003
    It's a kick ass game all the way. I wish it was alot longer though. The new moves on it are the best I've seen in a long time.
  9. EdmundR.
    Jun 9, 2003
    Cool.
  10. NanoK.
    Oct 17, 2003
    This game is the greatest stress reliever of all time, a great game for diehard Matrix fans like myself.
  11. ChrisJ.
    May 16, 2003
    The reviews you have read saying that this game is a let down are completely wrong and un-justified. Many of the reviews are of the beta version for P.C. This game is Great. The gameplay is incredible. Slowing down time to fight hand to hand and run on walls is incredible. The scenes from the film are phenomonal. If you have this game turned on to Progressive Scan than be prepared to be The reviews you have read saying that this game is a let down are completely wrong and un-justified. Many of the reviews are of the beta version for P.C. This game is Great. The gameplay is incredible. Slowing down time to fight hand to hand and run on walls is incredible. The scenes from the film are phenomonal. If you have this game turned on to Progressive Scan than be prepared to be blown away. The graphics with or without progressive scan are top notch. I will admit the driving could have been better though. Overall this game is a ton of fun whether you are a fan or not. Check it out. The replay factor is huge, having two characters and numerous hacks to even make the game 2 player. I give it a 9 out of 10, which is high for me because i am a rough grader. Expand
  12. KevinS.
    May 16, 2003
    I have this game, and i now only play this game. Slowmotion is very cool. And there is enough action. It just is a topgame. I am now going back to my NGC to play more :D
  13. RalfyG.
    May 27, 2003
    A complete game.... At first it felt as though it lacked but soon after getting use to the controls... All the pieces game together great concept of side story for Niobe... This is worth the money time and effort and gives you more of a full view of the Matrix story... Just perfect just like the movies...
    Jun 10, 2003
    Screw the critics! Im not a die hard matrix fan but this is a great game. a perfect balance between gunplay and kung fu, this game has everything. i think some of the critics are out of their minds, and there is nothing wrong with the controls!
  15. FilazaferX
    Jun 11, 2003
    The reviewers are right, the controls stink, the driving parts are lame, and with a little more time this could have been much better. With that said, EVEN WITH ALL IT'S FLAWS THIS IS STILL ONE OF THE BEST GAMES I HAVE EVER PLAYED. I recommend playing it on easy. That way you can speed through and you feel like you are really an untouchable bad-ass from the movie. In the Matrix that The reviewers are right, the controls stink, the driving parts are lame, and with a little more time this could have been much better. With that said, EVEN WITH ALL IT'S FLAWS THIS IS STILL ONE OF THE BEST GAMES I HAVE EVER PLAYED. I recommend playing it on easy. That way you can speed through and you feel like you are really an untouchable bad-ass from the movie. In the Matrix that is the way it is supposed to be anyway. P.S. If you see an agent, just run. Seriously. Expand
  16. BillR.
    Jun 12, 2003
    LOVE IT cant stop... It is so much better with out the codes..
  17. JaJa
    Jun 14, 2003
    This game is da the best.Its worth buying this wicked game. Its game of the year.
  18. VideoCritic
    Aug 25, 2007
    This is a grreat matrix game. I liked that you could play 2 different people in different senarios. it was fun intutive and had great controls. even the storyline of the game fit in with the movies.
  19. NevinF.
    Oct 14, 2003
    It is the best game i have everv played. i was very surprised at how well it was made. it captures the movie greatly and makes it fell like you are right in the game.
  20. RyanP.
    May 29, 2003
    This game is really awesome. But I find a lot of hacks that don´t work. Plus, I can only get so far in the hacking. In order to go further I need a high speed modem. Or whatever it´s called. I don´t have one, I don´t know when I can get one. The fighting scenes are ok. But I´ve seen better, and the way Niobe, and Ghost run and climb makes them look like This game is really awesome. But I find a lot of hacks that don´t work. Plus, I can only get so far in the hacking. In order to go further I need a high speed modem. Or whatever it´s called. I don´t have one, I don´t know when I can get one. The fighting scenes are ok. But I´ve seen better, and the way Niobe, and Ghost run and climb makes them look like gaylords. The storyline is awesome and action packed. One more thing to close this up. I find it rather strange when you shoot someone. They don´t have certain points that make them act differently. They have about two or three different shooting points that make them react to the shot differently. For example, I´m in the powerplant, covering Niobe. I decide to play bag tag with a sniper. When I shoot him in the crotch, instead of doubling over, he flies back as if I shot him in the chest. Other than these, the game is awesome. I rate it 8. Expand
  21. ToddM.
    Jun 14, 2003
    This is the best fighting game since 007 Goldeneye. I recommend this to anyone who loves the Matrix or jut plain fighting.
  22. Josh
    Aug 31, 2003
    I saw Andrew's review and it's stupid. He said its "the worst driving game ever" maybe its because ITS NOT a driving game. Its a fighting and shooting game, which its one of the best of. Critic's also say that it handles bad with the controls. I thought it was fine, nothing wrong with the controls. I was amazed with the amount of different fighting moves there were. Truly a I saw Andrew's review and it's stupid. He said its "the worst driving game ever" maybe its because ITS NOT a driving game. Its a fighting and shooting game, which its one of the best of. Critic's also say that it handles bad with the controls. I thought it was fine, nothing wrong with the controls. I was amazed with the amount of different fighting moves there were. Truly a great game. Expand
  23. BrendanO.
    Sep 26, 2003
    This game is great!!! The martial arts are awesome, the controls are pretty simple, and the slow-mo is cool. It does suffer from repetition, but you can hardly notice it. I am a big fan of martial art games. And this is one is great. I highly suggest this game if you like martial arts. P.S. subscribe to Nintendo Power. It is great.
  24. EricL.
    Apr 29, 2004
    This is a fun game for fan's of the movie. it's kinda of renter since you can finish it in under 10 hours. good graphics, nothing great, the best part of the game was the hacking.
  25. Mar 22, 2015
    Enter the matrix gives the perspective of two side characters, Niobe and Ghost. The game takes place during the second installment of the matrix series, matrix reloaded, taking you from the classic "Morpheus falls off the truck and onto the car" to destroying the power plant to help Neo get to the "father of the matrix." This will also explain why the Logos was downed in the thirdEnter the matrix gives the perspective of two side characters, Niobe and Ghost. The game takes place during the second installment of the matrix series, matrix reloaded, taking you from the classic "Morpheus falls off the truck and onto the car" to destroying the power plant to help Neo get to the "father of the matrix." This will also explain why the Logos was downed in the third installment, Matrix Revolution. Expand

#10 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2003
#36 Most Shared GameCube Game of 2003

1. Enter the Matrix isn't a perfect slice of interactive entertainment, but it does provide at least a dozen hours of action-packed fun and serves as a clever vehicle to expand on the events in "The Matrix Reloaded."
  2. Game Informer
    Merely an okay game that benefits greatly from its movie license. [June 2003, p.106]
  3. Nintendo Power
    Its game play suffers from repetition, but this two-disc technomelange has tons of great stuff for "Matrix" fans. [July 2003, p.142]