F-Zero GX GameCube

8.5

1. Apr 9, 2012
    F-Zero has a cool graphical style and a megaton of collectibles to unlock. However, these assets ultimately wilt when faced with ball-breaking difficulty and over-sensitive, twitchy controls. I loved the SNES and N64 F-Zero games. They were fantastic! This one is probably best avoided unless you're either hardcore into the franchise or a sado-masochist.
  2. Jan 8, 2011
    What was meant to bring speed and ultimate graphics to the gamecube was F Zero GX, but with this it failed. The story mode is enhanced over other games, and shows a lot of individuality. The racing is fun at the start, but soon the game runs out of ideas and you begin to realise the true facts of the matter. The grand prix racing is good, however, the profiles are virtually useless, andWhat was meant to bring speed and ultimate graphics to the gamecube was F Zero GX, but with this it failed. The story mode is enhanced over other games, and shows a lot of individuality. The racing is fun at the start, but soon the game runs out of ideas and you begin to realise the true facts of the matter. The grand prix racing is good, however, the profiles are virtually useless, and many of the added features are either not worth having or take up ecsevive blocks of memory. Just get's positive, but dosen't live up to the hype that was surrounding it. Expand
  3. JohnB.
    Dec 23, 2003
    This game is the most well-crafted game I have ever played. Every physics equation, graphic detail, the different factors that make the minute differences in each machine that allow each one to be unique and advantageous in their own way, and everything else in this game is shaped to incredible perfection. However, what broke the mold was that THERE WAS NO LAN PLAY. With the fact that This game is the most well-crafted game I have ever played. Every physics equation, graphic detail, the different factors that make the minute differences in each machine that allow each one to be unique and advantageous in their own way, and everything else in this game is shaped to incredible perfection. However, what broke the mold was that THERE WAS NO LAN PLAY. With the fact that there are 30 unique racers to choose from and that the gamecube can support ALL 30 of those racers at the same time on one race, it would EXTREMELY WISE that nintendo and sega put online gaming. I almost cried when I found out that there was no LAN play. Shame on them from preventing this game from being the most perfect game of the year. F-zero could have easily rivaled games like Zelda and could have easily gotten scores well above 95 if it had LAN play. For such a painful disappointment, I give this game a 7. Expand
  4. May 28, 2014
    Graphics: 8.0 Sound: 7.0 Gameplay: 7.0 Fun/Story: 7.5

A good racing game, with smooth 60fps but the visuals of some tracks didn´t convinced me. Sound isn´t good too, gameplay is difficult, ... Sometimes i played it, but never liked it very much. Perhaps the reason ir more about the style and type of racing game (i prefer simulators).
  5. May 28, 2016
    This is one of the best racing games on GC . In My Top 10 Best Racing Games on GC included . F Zero Series compare with Wipeout Series . F Zero Series is racing on spaceship as in Wipeout, but I more like Wipeout than F Zero and F Zero more children than Wipeout . F Zero quite fit Racing Game .

#5 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2003
#10 Most Shared GameCube Game of 2003

1. The challenge of this game will bring out the best or the worst in a gamer, a true test of ability and skill. All of this is given to us with a great story, memorable characters, vivid settings, all wrapped up in a presentation that's second to none.
  2. So-so bonuses notwithstanding, there's just nothing else like this on the GameCube.
    This version should be rightly deemed as the definitive racing game of this generation, and one of the best ever made. [JPN Import]