Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets GameCube

8.3

1. Nov 12, 2011
    While a lot of the gameplay is uninspired, there are a lot of missions and levels that are not boring. The game has a lot of surprises and secrets that make it addicting to play.
  2. BaileyE.
    Aug 4, 2003
    Its simply awesome. Im playing it right now, and the similarity between the game and the books/movies is surreal. Ive always wished I could go and explore Hogwarts, and the rest of Harry's world, and now I can!! = )
    Jun 4, 2006
    This game is horrible. The dungeons are predictable and repetitive. Spells are pointless; they can only need to be used in the dugeon you get. Not enough fighting with spells. Loved the RPG gameboy version. Day go to class at night do a stupid mission...BORING. Only reason I gave this game a 1 is because of graphics and mini-games. Worst game I have for gamecube. The sad thing is I am a This game is horrible. The dungeons are predictable and repetitive. Spells are pointless; they can only need to be used in the dugeon you get. Not enough fighting with spells. Loved the RPG gameboy version. Day go to class at night do a stupid mission...BORING. Only reason I gave this game a 1 is because of graphics and mini-games. Worst game I have for gamecube. The sad thing is I am a Harry Potter fan. Expand
  4. MichaelP.
    Dec 31, 2002
    I rented this game and beat it in one night.... now no game should be this way.... I am only giving it a 5 because I loved Quiddich! The game is worth renting, but not purchasing!
  5. Nov 12, 2013
    This game has not aged well. It may have been good in 2002, but in 2013 it's a mess. It seems like the developers tried to emulate Zelda like gameplay, but it just doesn't work. The controls are far from precise, especially the frustrating run-and-jump mechanics. The AI enemies are somewhat overpowered and are too frustrating for their own good. With source material like Harry Potter,This game has not aged well. It may have been good in 2002, but in 2013 it's a mess. It seems like the developers tried to emulate Zelda like gameplay, but it just doesn't work. The controls are far from precise, especially the frustrating run-and-jump mechanics. The AI enemies are somewhat overpowered and are too frustrating for their own good. With source material like Harry Potter, you'd think the story would be fantastic, but the whole Chamber of Secrets story is set as more of a backdrop, a missed opportunity.
    You're just better off to stick with the books and films.
  6. SeanD.
    Dec 28, 2002
    Great game, but it's to short.
  7. CarrollA.
    Apr 20, 2003
    I like Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for the Gamecube. Each level basically sends you on a quest that will lead you to learn a new skill of magic which in turn will have to be used to complete the level. There are 'save' areas in appropriate places, quick and easy. The game has great graphics and for the most part follows the book. The parts that don't follow the I like Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for the Gamecube. Each level basically sends you on a quest that will lead you to learn a new skill of magic which in turn will have to be used to complete the level. There are 'save' areas in appropriate places, quick and easy. The game has great graphics and for the most part follows the book. The parts that don't follow the book actually add to the game, because these side quests add a different avenue of exploration not given while reading the book. You get to explore Diagon Alley and Hogwart's, etc... from Harry's point of view and leisure. (A few minor annoying things would be: To talk with someone or to open a chest, the controls make it where you have to stand perfectly in front of them. Another thing, you're constantly losing the 'Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans' you've been collecting when someone attacks you. As you try to pick up the Beans, you're attacted again which leads to even more Beans being lost. UGGHHH.. it's frustrating. For the most part, accept it and just fight the 'bad guys'. There are floors in Hogwart's where you can collect 10-15 Beans each time you enter, so a few minutes there will give you a plentiful amount in a short time before saving the game or buying something with the 'Beans'. I say this not as a 'spoiler' but mostly as a way of enjoying the game where you don't get frustrated and quit, especially for the younger people that might get upset seeing their hard work of collecting Beans all gone to waste.) I give this game a 9 and not a 10 because it is easier and shorter than some would like it. It's not for the 'gamer' that wants to have his ego satisfied by beating a 'hard or long' game. It caters more to the younger audience, although this middle-aged guy still enjoyed it. If you're a Harry Potter fan or have a child that is a fan, then the chance to play as Harry Potter will make it 'funable' and make this game a good purchase. If interested, I have another review of Starfox Adventures. It was the first Gamecube game I finished and enjoyed it a great deal. Expand
  8. ZachR.
    Mar 29, 2003
    It is a totally awesome game to play.
  9. anonymousanonymous
    Dec 21, 2009
    i love this game. it is a nice, kid friendly game with no gore.
  10. NickPickle
    Dec 28, 2002
    It's fun, but we're on a level where we have to get a book for Lockroy, and we're in this room where there are boulder type things flying at us. we keep shooting at them, but they just keep coming back. we die, and we start the level over again. has any one gotten past this level and ca tell us what we have to do?
  11. Dana
    Apr 24, 2004
    I liked playing this game because of the graphics & stuff:) it is a must-buy for harry potter fans!
  12. Jul 21, 2014
    Este fue el único juego de HP que jugué y la verdad es que me gustó. A veces era algo repetitivo pero en general era adictivo y cada vez mas interesante. Lo malo era cuando te lo pasabas, que estaba un poco vacío. Aun así, no es mal juego.
  13. Mar 29, 2015
    I played the inferior ps2 versions which has a worse frame rate, load times, voice acting and graphics so the other versions get an extra point.

Decent adventure with some frustrating platforming and short length. Hogwards seems much bigger than it actually is and exploration isn't satisfying. A few fun levels where you learn and master your spells but they also don't have a final dungeon to fully test you with all your spells. Right when progression his getting it's stride the final disappointing boos happens and it's over.

The shining spots are the house points which actually matter and they can be earned and lost optionally. So winning the house cup at the end of the game is optional and must be earned. The collectibles are also fun with them being 100 hundred wizard cards with a simple illustrations and a small sentences of who they are.

The biggest flaws are the load times. Dear good they are long and consistent. 1/5 of my playtime was probably load times. the stealth sections will also angry some as getting caught actually costs you 5 house points which can quickly go up.

#19 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2002

It reminds me a lot of Zelda, actually, which is a great thing... A shining example of how licenses should be realized in videogame form.
  2. One of the best things about Chamber of Secrets is how close the developers stayed to the story purported in the book and movie without resorting to simple fetch quests and lame puzzles in order to integrate all the popular elements from the original plot.
  3. Nintendo Power
    Drawing strongly from the look and feel of the movie, Chamber of Secrets is a richly designed, wonderfully immersive experience. [Dec 2002, p.211]