7.4

1. RyanM.
    Feb 10, 2003
    The first one was great. the second one was ok. the third one sucked. Mario party 4 is a sick disgrace of a video game. If your able to get through one game without throwing up and getting sick in the stomach, god bless you.
  2. J.Palm
    Nov 9, 2002
    Trust me, the first one for N64 was better.
  3. AprilB.
    Jul 14, 2006
    This game sucks! You can not change the board Its a flat boring board the other parties have much nicer boards. Do not buy this game buy 5 6 or 7 instead.
  4. DianaD.
    Dec 2, 2002
    Get the family together it's a blast! One player could use work, but that's not what's made for though!!!!!!!
  5. SebR.
    Nov 12, 2002
    4 people, 4 liters, 3 large pizzas. This is why gaming was invented.
  6. HenryM.
    Dec 19, 2002
    Come on dont be so synical you pile of boring old farts... its a laugh and if all you can do is sit there and groan about it, I really like the game and HIGHLY reccommend it to others and well done JUSTIN G (FUK!!!FUN!!!FUN!!!) I AGREE!
  7. BarbaraB.
    Apr 26, 2003
    I enjoy this single or multi player mode ... some of the mini-games are awful for the vision impaired but some are just a lot of fun.
  8. NiJones
    Apr 20, 2003
    It's a nice piece of gaming. Unfortunately some of the games are a little tedious. I've been given booksquirm TOO many times on single player games...*dies* The boards are really good fun though and the basement games are really silly and better than most of the N64 version games. People are too critical giving a game like this 0!
  9. SolomonR.
    Oct 4, 2007
    It's not a bad game but doing story mode with all the characters can take very very long, mario party 2 was maybe a better game than this.
    Nov 5, 2002
    Good fun if you've got 4 people. Its just as fun even if the people aren't gamers!
  11. JustinG.
    Oct 27, 2002
    Fun!!!!!!!!!!! Fun!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. Uter
    Feb 7, 2003
    I'm a huge fan of mini games, and everything to do with mario. so perhaps my rating is a little higher than how most people would guage the game. i think it's a good game that could have been great.
  13. ChrisyoV.
    Sep 30, 2006
    Good game... difficult sometimes, but best mario party of 4,5,6,7.
  14. ZiggyStardust
    Nov 2, 2002
    I believe the game could have been a lot better with just a few changes. But as it is, I'm still happy I picked it up.
  15. GamecubeManKillender
    Dec 3, 2002
    I have rated so high because of the multiplayer. Invite three friends over play some Mario party 4 and eat K.F.C all night long.
  16. Allan
    Oct 25, 2002
    Fun, fun, fun. A great game. The multiplayer feature is really the main reason to buy this great game.
  17. BrendanO.
    Mar 24, 2006
    It's not too bad..quite fun..but I'd definitely say that that Mario Party 2 on the N64 is by far the best!
  18. JackH
    May 24, 2008
    Believe it or not (most probably do believe it), the Mario Party series gets progressively worse with each new game. Mario Party 4 was my first Mario Party game, and therefore my favorite. See how it works? If you played the first Mario Party, then you probably think this game sucks, and rightfully so. Personally, I think Mario Party 5 is alright, Mario Party 6 is bad, Mario Party 7 is Believe it or not (most probably do believe it), the Mario Party series gets progressively worse with each new game. Mario Party 4 was my first Mario Party game, and therefore my favorite. See how it works? If you played the first Mario Party, then you probably think this game sucks, and rightfully so. Personally, I think Mario Party 5 is alright, Mario Party 6 is bad, Mario Party 7 is awful, and Mario Party 8 (which I do not own, thank god) probably deserves the scrap heap. The final boss battle in MP4 is great (although it has nothing to do with the concept of the game), and it took me awhile to defeat Bowser on his big cube that's floating in who knows where. Expand
  19. Jun 9, 2013
    At first glance the Mario Party games have changed very little from the 1999 N64 original through to Mario Party 8 on the Nintendo Wii. This title of course follows much the same template as all the others with Mario and his pals moving around an interactive board game in order to collect stars and coins, the winner being the person who collects the most within a set number of turns.

A

A series of free for all, 2 vs. 2 and 3 vs. 1 mini-games take place after each round of turns. Depending on your performance you are awarded coins that can be used to purchase items to aid you in gaining more valuable stars. Most of these mini-games are brand new and the majority are good fun to play. What makes Mario Party 4 the best in the series is that this time around victory depends less on luck than its prequels and sequels. Players skilled at winning mini-games and playing tactically will find that they will win far more often than their opponents and the game is more enjoyable for it.

The only negative is that to get the best from the game you really need to have the maximum of four players. Empty spaces are filled by moronic CPU opponents who are no help whatsoever during the team based mini-games and they quickly drain the fun from the game. Since it is compatible with the Wii I would highly recommend picking up this title.
  20. Nov 16, 2011
    A great family game! Me and my cousins used to always play this together! I just wish it wasn't so boring when playing alone....the mini games were mediocre and the board games could have been longer...
  21. May 22, 2012
    After 3 games, is getting old. Feels boring because of the lack of new game mechanics. One thing sure: if you play with friends, is still very funny. The main problems are the reduced number of mini games (maybe around 70) and the reduced number of playing zones.
  22. Jul 29, 2012
    Mario Party 4 is the king of the mini games with new creative spaces.It has an extra zone.Excellent soundtrack.My favorite mini game is Dungeon Duos.The last boss battle in story mode it's incredible.
  23. Jun 28, 2013
    This is the point in the Mario Party games started getting repetitive. After Mario Party 4, they just all began to get worse and worse. This is the last great Mario Party, however it's not as good as the ones on the N64.
  24. Apr 19, 2013
    Mario Party 4 is a cavalcade of brillantly wacky and fun mini games condensed with excellent 3 Dimensional graphics and hilarious animated characters, such as Mario, luigi, Wario, Yoshi and loads more. The structure of the game has obviously been devoted lots of time and effort as the game boards are realistic and great fun to play, there's so much to do. The best bit about this game isMario Party 4 is a cavalcade of brillantly wacky and fun mini games condensed with excellent 3 Dimensional graphics and hilarious animated characters, such as Mario, luigi, Wario, Yoshi and loads more. The structure of the game has obviously been devoted lots of time and effort as the game boards are realistic and great fun to play, there's so much to do. The best bit about this game is the mini games themselves, almost 100 fantastic mini ganmes that we keep you and your friends entertained for hours on end. You can play in teams, on your own or 3 against 1, all three of which are wonderful. Some of the best mini games include basketball, avalanche, booksquirm, GOAL and Blame it on the Crane.
    My one critism with this game is that it is not half as fun when you are playing on your own but it is a real hoot with friends and family. The party starts as soon as you buy it.
  25. May 5, 2013
    This game is amazing! My second favourite Mario Party storyline, with the exclusion of Mario Party 7. The mini games are still enjoyable and the graphics for a 2002 game are completely amazing. Highly recommended for playing with the family.
  26. Jan 3, 2014
    Looking back on all the Mario Parties made, it's clear to say this one's the dumbest. There's barely no point to the game, and the mini-games are the worst in the franchise. There's a lack power-ups and other needed sets running around the board, and the game will just ruin your experience. There's better party games out there. It lasted me 70 minutes before I decided how dull the gameLooking back on all the Mario Parties made, it's clear to say this one's the dumbest. There's barely no point to the game, and the mini-games are the worst in the franchise. There's a lack power-ups and other needed sets running around the board, and the game will just ruin your experience. There's better party games out there. It lasted me 70 minutes before I decided how dull the game was. If you invite friends over they won't be laughing at your stupid mistakes; they'll be laughing at your stupid game. Expand

1. The mini-games have different faces but they play ostensibly the same, and even with the visuals buffed to a sparkle the overall effect is very much ‘more of the same’.
  2. Does exactly what it sets out to do, and as such it comes highly recommended to anyone with more than one controller to their name.
  3. The minigames are just as goofy as ever, with only one or two clunkers amid dozens of fun challenges. [Nov 2002, p.218]