P.N. 03 GameCube

• Release Date: Sep 9, 2003
6.4

1. PaulR.
    Oct 29, 2003
    You either get it or you don't. If you're expecting something that handles and feels like all those generic 3rd person ps2 games out there, you'll feel v constricted and agree with the 40 ratings. If you're up for timing & sequences of moves and totally unique handing, you'll love it like I did.
  2. FutureAlien
    Sep 10, 2003
    I was really looking forward to this game and I am quite satisfied now that it's here. The action is quite like old-skool shooters but instead of a spaceship you get to control a dancing one-girl-army named Vanessa, who has to progress through 10 or so levels, blasting various mechanical foes and dodging their fire. The gameplay is simple yet challenging enough, rewarding skill with I was really looking forward to this game and I am quite satisfied now that it's here. The action is quite like old-skool shooters but instead of a spaceship you get to control a dancing one-girl-army named Vanessa, who has to progress through 10 or so levels, blasting various mechanical foes and dodging their fire. The gameplay is simple yet challenging enough, rewarding skill with extra points, which can be used to buy Vanessa new clothes... sorry, suits, each with its own characteristics and special moves. The graphics are very good - everything is clear despite the continuous blasting. The only gripe I have is the 30fps screen refresh - it would have been great to have the game run at 60fps, but alas! BTW the PAL version should only be played on the 60Hz setting, since on 50Hz things are a lot jerkier. The sound effects are mediocre but the music is great, if a bit repetitive. The gameplay is great for people who can appreciate it - get this game if you're an old-skool shoot 'em up fan, or if you're bored with all the by-the-book games and looking for something different, but don't expect to be playing it for months on end. Expand
  3. JimiR.
    Oct 10, 2003
    This game rocks, for hardcore shooter fans.
  4. ThomasK.
    Oct 31, 2007
    Its pretty damn good, nice moves nice controls good looking too.
  5. BlancoA.
    May 14, 2003
    I had a great time with this game at E3 this morning. The control is excellent and the graphics really jump out at you. This will be a must-buy game, I'm sure.

#49 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2003

Striking perhaps for all the wrong reasons. It surprises due to the simplicity and appears original because it bucks the current trend of excess. Yet this originality is indeed false, because it has been so heavily based upon the games of old. [JPN Import]
  2. Edge Magazine
    You'll soon learn the groove: shoot, dodge, shoot, dodge. It should get tedious, but it doesn't. P.N.03 rewards skill above all else and mastery brings huge satisfaction. Grace under fire has rarely been done better. [June 2003, p.96]
  3. Although P.N.03 is plainly flawed, with a little perseverance the gameplay still shines through as something relatively new and engaging.