• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Dec 1, 2005
8.1

1. May 16, 2013
    Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones is the best game in the Prince of Persia: Sands of Time series. One thing that stood out is that the dark prince has his own combat system a part from the regular prince. The speed kill was a very good addition to the game and the blur showed you when you should execute a speed kill.
  2. KavikaC.
    Oct 25, 2006
    First off, some of the previous comments about this game being glitch free are highly overrated. I've had a soft-lock in the first 20 minutues of play (the game ran, but wouldn't listen to my controls until I reset), I've found multiple camera glitches, several physics glitches, w/ monsters popping out above me during combat, retarded AI (where they'll just stand and First off, some of the previous comments about this game being glitch free are highly overrated. I've had a soft-lock in the first 20 minutues of play (the game ran, but wouldn't listen to my controls until I reset), I've found multiple camera glitches, several physics glitches, w/ monsters popping out above me during combat, retarded AI (where they'll just stand and look at you if you hang off an edge next to them during combat), and multiple sound cutout/screwy music glitches. Besides these, the voice acting is 50% exceptionally good, 50% deadpan awful, though a lot of the fault exists with the script writers. Half the levels are drop dead awesome works of artistic brilliance, the other half are so monotonous, you'd A) think they're from a playstation 1 game, graphically/environmentally B) play them on "auto-pilot", the first time through, without consulting the camera controls, since the jumping puzzles in said levels are _that_ predictable. The enemy design is generally uninspired, and the battle system is TOO hard with the "light" prince, and too easy with the dark prince. The auto-kill is a pretty neat feature in concept, but the flaky control left me frustrated. You'll get quite annoyed when playing as the dark prince, since he loses health constantly, even when you're trying to sit there and figure out a jumping puzzle. Worst of all in this game is the SEVERE inconsistancy of save points. Sometimes there's 5 when you only needed 1 or 2, and other times, you go HALF THE LEVEL without seeing a save point; get through a jumping puzzle after the third time dying, then get through a fast-kill sequence after the third time dying, through a dark prince segment, through a "hunter hound" (?) battle sequence, only to find our there's YET ANOTHER jumping puzzle before you find a save point. They got so lazy at times, they stopped even requiring the level designers to put in a fountain to save, as they claim they'll do in the beginning of the game, and instead just inserted a save dialog where they'd normally have a death reload type checkpoint. Overall, this game COULD be a timeless classic, along w/, say, Metroid Prime, or Radiant SIlvergun (yes, that much potential!) if Ubisoft took another year to iron out all the bugs, throw out half the monotonous levels, polish the battle system to make it a bit less "sheer death/sheer boredom", get rid of the dark prince health loss, and hire on a writer again to bang on the script. As it is, the game is a cliche of every problem that has plauged 3D platform games since day 1, and is not one I would even recommend playing. Collapse
  3. VivekK.
    Oct 3, 2006
    Extremely super story and excellent music and graphics. The dark prince is really awesome. I wish they make a pop movie.
  4. ZiftK.
    May 9, 2006
    Simply fantastic.
  5. RyanM.
    Mar 5, 2006
    There is absolutely no glitches of any sort, frame rate problems, and/or collision detection. this game has the highest level of presentation I have witnessed of all last year. to be blunt, the presentation is perfect. this includes the absolutely outstanding sound design, where they dropped the heavy metal music from Warrior Within, and added perfectly fitting and blissful orchestarted There is absolutely no glitches of any sort, frame rate problems, and/or collision detection. this game has the highest level of presentation I have witnessed of all last year. to be blunt, the presentation is perfect. this includes the absolutely outstanding sound design, where they dropped the heavy metal music from Warrior Within, and added perfectly fitting and blissful orchestarted music. Where WW was too long, sands of time too short, this game is perfect in length, not excelling anything over 15 hours. this game never falls into the pit of being repetitve, nor is the battle system confusing and unnecessary like the last title in the trilogy. All in all, The Two Thrones is a perfect game; for what it is. the developers set out to revive the highly bashed warrior within, and bring life into a franchise that needed a tad of it. the Prince of Persia series is nearly flawless, and I rarely ever say this towards a game. Any criticism towards this game, comes from people and their sour attitude from the lackuster Warrior Within. You may even be considered to play through The Two Thrones again. Verdict: a flawless adventure romp. My first 10 out of 10 on metacritc as well., and I am proud to offer it up. Expand
  6. Kikokú
    Dec 21, 2005
    Excellent graphics, gameplay, storyline and music, when I first played it I was really amazed with the quality of this game. Why not a 10? Because the excitement is too short. I can't believe i finished this game in 2 days starting in the normal mode. There are some parts that can become a bit repetitive, it could be not important if they were just a complement but it matters when Excellent graphics, gameplay, storyline and music, when I first played it I was really amazed with the quality of this game. Why not a 10? Because the excitement is too short. I can't believe i finished this game in 2 days starting in the normal mode. There are some parts that can become a bit repetitive, it could be not important if they were just a complement but it matters when you discover that it's an important part of the whole little game. I'd give 10 if it has been double sized. maybe it is better get it just for rent. Expand
  7. GailN.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Graphics? Awesome. Gameplay? Awesome? Story? Awesome. What more could you ask for?
  8. JoeK.
    Dec 6, 2005
    I miss the game already... I can't believe it's the end of the series! The storyline of this game is SPECTACULAR. The way the writers brought together all the mysteries and questions we had at the end of WW come together perfectly. It's a great buy, and an unmissable experience. GET IT!!!
  9. Samer
    Oct 26, 2005
    the game is souds fantastic the story is great and its great that there is a darkprince!

1. Whichever version you choose, though, the action is top-notch awesome. With the series' clever design and sense of humor fully restored, The Two Thrones is a stellar return to form forPrince of Persia .
  2. New traps and techniques make for some spectacular exhibitions of skill, and with game being significantly larger than anything previous, there's enough here to challenge even the most dedicated Prince Of Persia fan. [Christmas 2005, p.94]
  3. This is easily the better sequel, a firm improvement on "Warrior Within." So why the long face? For the simple and saddest reason of all: ennui. [Christmas 2005, p.100]