• Publisher: Capcom
  • Release Date: Nov 10, 2002
8.8

1. NaomiM.
    Nov 1, 2004
    YES!! I really like all the RE games and this one blew all the other ones away! The graphics made this game 100 times more scary then the others. The way you can play with Billy and Rebecca is one of a kind and I hope that others will come out just like it. I love this game!!!
  2. SeanK.
    Mar 24, 2003
    The best game ever I LOVE IT!!!!!!
  3. LizzyC.
    Jan 16, 2003
    I think its relly cool that you have to have a time to do any keys and stuff and open doors so you cant do any thing right away.
  4. someguy
    Apr 4, 2009
    Great gameplay and fantastic graphics to boot. The simultaneous control adds a new dimension to Resident Evil, with two person puzzles and gameplay being a breath of fresh air. This game doesn't lose any of the atmosphere of previous Resident Evil games, either, and the brilliant pre-rendered graphics only add to this.
  5. MichaelD.
    Sep 6, 2005
    This game is easy. I recommend it for beginners!
  6. SeanB.
    Jan 5, 2004
    RE 0 is an excellent game that challenges players with the new drop-and-pick-up item system. The graphics are exceptional, the game play is excellent, and the game also engages the players with the many challenges. Controlling 2 people makes the game different from any other RE. The sound and music is also good. The game overall is excellent. Everyone should try it.
  7. IvannaM.
    Mar 17, 2003
    It is sooooooo cool all that blood and gore!!!!!
  8. RandyS.
    Mar 7, 2003
    This game is awesome!!!! i have played overy other game in the resident evil series and i have got to say that this one breaks the limit. it is also very challenging compared to the other resident evil games. so this is whay i give it a ten. if they keep coming out with more of these games it will keep resident evil fans happy for a very long time.
  9. TronchoBill
    May 13, 2003
    Nice, Ace, Cool! Let's rock.
  10. LeighW.
    Oct 5, 2004
    Exceptional, a reason to buy a Gamecube. Initially the two player concept seemed daunting, but it has been excecuted flawlessly.
  11. BradyC.
    Dec 9, 2002
    Incredible fun and of coarse lots of zombie killing action best re ever only one thing thoe i sugest for RE4 for the cube make it twice as long more weapons types and action pact with lots of zombies.
  12. SimonP.
    Jan 10, 2003
    Although I am in UK, I know that this is a phenomenal game, even if I have not played it. I saw clips of this and compared to the RE1 remake, this is as good and much more. To all of the people who call Nintendo Gamecube 'just a console for kids' , here is proof that horror is better pulled off on this than PS2 who are too scared to make a decent horror game with decent graphics.
  13. PeterH.
    Mar 11, 2003
    Best so far.
  14. Mike
    Mar 13, 2003
    Best game in thye series - i've never played anything so good.
  15. IsaacR.
    Mar 24, 2003
    This is an excellent game for gamecube, one of the very best resident evils if not the best. Gore and guns = fun. Although guns aren't quite plentiful they can be once you unlock the leech hunter game. Rent or buy this game ... either way you'll be a satisfied customer!
  16. EvilZero
    Mar 4, 2003
    This is the best game in the world. the gamecritics is a sh.t, all of you is a sh.t, because the rate of this game is 10.
  17. JacobD.
    Mar 6, 2003
    When i first played the game it scared the crap out of me! the graphics, sound quality, lighting, it was all good. I really appreciate the cinema quality too.
  18. CoolCool
    Apr 16, 2003
    COOL!!!!!!!!!!!
  19. A.S
    Jan 7, 2004
    This game is mad. REmake is great but this is even better cause theres just so much more plus the areas change unlike REmake where its just in a mansion. some people say that having 2 characters makes it not as scary, but who said you have to use 2 characters all the time. its just as scary if you leave 1 of the characters somewhere safe and explore with the other. And then just use the This game is mad. REmake is great but this is even better cause theres just so much more plus the areas change unlike REmake where its just in a mansion. some people say that having 2 characters makes it not as scary, but who said you have to use 2 characters all the time. its just as scary if you leave 1 of the characters somewhere safe and explore with the other. And then just use the other character when you need to. the graphics, sound, music and gameplay are excellent. great game. Expand
  20. RyanM.
    Jun 8, 2004
    This game gives you something that no many games mangaged to pull off...a connection with the characters. you feel like you have to care for them, and make sure there alright. That may sound strange, ut it's true...and only a couple of minutes with these characters will leave you connected, an wanting to play more. If these characters were in any other setting, it wouldn't be theThis game gives you something that no many games mangaged to pull off...a connection with the characters. you feel like you have to care for them, and make sure there alright. That may sound strange, ut it's true...and only a couple of minutes with these characters will leave you connected, an wanting to play more. If these characters were in any other setting, it wouldn't be the same way. The incredible pre-rendered graphics are just a bonus. Expand
  21. SimonY.
    Jun 13, 2007
    Although i have only just bought this game i am in love with it. The atmosphere is amazing. I prefer it to the original.
  22. residentevilfanatician
    Mar 21, 2003
    The best game ever played great graphics great characters great gameplay i can go on forever i that is why i gave it a ten.
    Mar 9, 2003
    This game is just too good to pass up.
  24. FanofResidentEvil
    Apr 1, 2003
    Resident Evil Zero is an awesome game. It is one of the best Resident Evil games ever released. The boss battles were awesome, the atmosphere was great, etc. While it may not have as much detail as the Resident Evil remake, it is definately a cool looking game. It plays AMAZINGLY. Resident Evil Zero is one of the best Resident Evil games.
  25. BrandonC.
    Jun 10, 2003
    This game is cool so cool the gameplay on it rocks.
  26. Kmaeve
    Nov 16, 2002
    I like the fact that you can switch between Rebecca and Billy. It looks amazing and it's an awesome game!
  27. GrahamM.
    Dec 29, 2002
    This game is brilliant. I love it!
  28. Dan
    Feb 13, 2003
    Played all Res Series and they improve each series. the new 1 rocks them all. i hope in future where there is 1 zombie there will be 4 , 2 - 8 etc.. alot of ammo and fun :D
  29. Dagget
    Nov 17, 2002
    The controls suck! But the graphics are very cool and the Brand-New storyline with a new mysterious character makes REZero a dynamic expierence.
  30. JasonL.
    Nov 17, 2002
    I think it's a very solid game. The whole package together. And quit complaining about the controls already. If the controls were different, it wouldn't be as difficult to maneuver. And if that weren't so, then it wouldn't be as scary. Capcom's already answered this question, so come off it already.
  31. DaveB.
    Nov 18, 2003
    Not as good as the original Resident Evil for the gamecube, but still just as fun, scary and epic. If you liked the original then you'll love some the cool new updates including controlling 2 characters semi-simultaneously. It gets a 9.
  32. May 28, 2012
    One of my favorite games ever. Another great resident evil game.
  33. Mar 22, 2013
    I absolutely loved it. Fantastic graphics. Great new creature designs, and some of the best leads the series has had together at the same time. Billy and Rebecca work very well together and the new partner system was fun to play with. Many fans didn't really like the partner swapping system, but I though it breathed some fresh air into the series. Overall: One of my favorites of the seriesI absolutely loved it. Fantastic graphics. Great new creature designs, and some of the best leads the series has had together at the same time. Billy and Rebecca work very well together and the new partner system was fun to play with. Many fans didn't really like the partner swapping system, but I though it breathed some fresh air into the series. Overall: One of my favorites of the series and it is a real shame just how under appreciated this games is. Expand
  34. Sep 14, 2014
    "Reviewers really need to play the game more thoroughly before writing" Sometimes these professionals seem like they don't even like video games

I've been gaming for over 20 YEARS and I can appreciate what each of the Resident Evil games in the series has to offer but my favorite is RE Zero. If you like to be CHALLENGED mentally then prepare for a hard core game that's not affected

If you like to be CHALLENGED mentally then prepare for a hard core game that's not affected by recent gaming trends such as regenerating health, unlimited inventory space & glowing arrows that tell you where to go. This takes the authentic Resident Evil with every room being a puzzle & adds in a few features that make it accessible but not easy.

You play each area as an ongoing puzzle that you have to solve and unlock. You're limited in how much both characters can carry at one time which causes you to plan and think & simulates real life better. You can choose to drop any item wherever you're standing and it will stay there until you return. Each area has puzzles that require your two controllable characters to interact to get through. Maybe the guy picked up something you need and so he drops it to you using an elevator as an example.

The dynamic of controlling two characters with different abilities and both with limited inventory space and ammo to solve puzzles makes for a very mentally challenging experience. Zero is better than the first RE remake because you can leave inventory when you need to pick something up. The first one really is ridiculous because you have to find storage containers.

BETTER THAN RE4, RE5 & RE6?
    The new ones are cool for their action & visual flair. They're definitely more about creating a 3D atmosphere but they cater towards people with short attention spans that want exciting set pieces like in a movie. RE5 was for cooperative play, RE6 was trying to be a movie, RE4 is closest to what RE Zero is, focusing on inventory management & puzzles. Be warned though RE Zero is has real puzzles like you see on old school games like Myst.

What makes ZERO awesome is it's scarier because you're never overpowered. You're always on the losing side when fighting monsters so the game always has a pressure that doesn't let up. If you want a casual game with the Resident Evil themes then 4 is the best and many agree. If you want more of the hard core experience RE was originally & like 4 then I recommend trying ZERO. It's a great game for those that find thinking not boring & like a challenge

This game is in my top 30 must have Gamecube games & I save a brand new one unopened because I respect it that much. It's really a great style of game that you're probably not going to experience elsewhere or in the near future so I recommend picking it up
  35. May 20, 2013
    Resident Evil 0 is one of the best games that has been released for the Nintendo GameCube. In terms of graphics, I would put Resident Evil in top 25 best games for GameCube and it should be played at night to see how excellent the graphics are. The controls, music and story are good but I like unlocking the revolver by playing the minigame Leech Hunters.
  36. Sep 30, 2013
    The same old formula make this game brilliant G4TV, with great graphics, sounds, gameplay and with the possibility to control two characters at the same time makes the game more difficult and better.

1. Visually speaking, Resident Evil 0 is the best-looking game in the series to date. Players can expect photo-realistic environments, smoothly animated characters and creepy lighting effects.
  2. This one is actually a brand new game, with significant changes. [Feb 2003, p.96]
  3. Where it scores above other games is simply the emotions it inspires.