• Publisher: Capcom
  • Release Date: Nov 10, 2002
8.8

1. May 28, 2012
    One of my favorite games ever. Another great resident evil game.
  2. Mar 22, 2013
    I absolutely loved it. Fantastic graphics. Great new creature designs, and some of the best leads the series has had together at the same time. Billy and Rebecca work very well together and the new partner system was fun to play with. Many fans didn't really like the partner swapping system, but I though it breathed some fresh air into the series. Overall: One of my favorites of the series and it is a real shame just how under appreciated this games is. Expand
  3. Sep 14, 2014
    "Reviewers really need to play the game more thoroughly before writing" Sometimes these professionals seem like they don't even like video games

I've been gaming for over 20 YEARS and I can appreciate what each of the Resident Evil games in the series has to offer but my favorite is RE Zero.

If you like to be CHALLENGED mentally then prepare for a hard core game that's not affected
    by recent gaming trends such as regenerating health, unlimited inventory space & glowing arrows that tell you where to go. This takes the authentic Resident Evil with every room being a puzzle & adds in a few features that make it accessible but not easy.

You play each area as an ongoing puzzle that you have to solve and unlock. You're limited in how much both characters can carry at one time which causes you to plan and think & simulates real life better. You can choose to drop any item wherever you're standing and it will stay there until you return. Each area has puzzles that require your two controllable characters to interact to get through. Maybe the guy picked up something you need and so he drops it to you using an elevator as an example.

The dynamic of controlling two characters with different abilities and both with limited inventory space and ammo to solve puzzles makes for a very mentally challenging experience. Zero is better than the first RE remake because you can leave inventory when you need to pick something up. The first one really is ridiculous because you have to find storage containers.

BETTER THAN RE4, RE5 & RE6?
    The new ones are cool for their action & visual flair. They're definitely more about creating a 3D atmosphere but they cater towards people with short attention spans that want exciting set pieces like in a movie. RE5 was for cooperative play, RE6 was trying to be a movie, RE4 is closest to what RE Zero is, focusing on inventory management & puzzles. Be warned though RE Zero is has real puzzles like you see on old school games like Myst.

What makes ZERO awesome is it's scarier because you're never overpowered. You're always on the losing side when fighting monsters so the game always has a pressure that doesn't let up. If you want a casual game with the Resident Evil themes then 4 is the best and many agree. If you want more of the hard core experience RE was originally & like 4 then I recommend trying ZERO. It's a great game for those that find thinking not boring & like a challenge

This game is in my top 30 must have Gamecube games & I save a brand new one unopened because I respect it that much. It's really a great style of game that you're probably not going to experience elsewhere or in the near future so I recommend picking it up
  4. May 20, 2013
    Resident Evil 0 is one of the best games that has been released for the Nintendo GameCube. In terms of graphics, I would put Resident Evil in top 25 best games for GameCube and it should be played at night to see how excellent the graphics are. The controls, music and story are good but I like unlocking the revolver by playing the minigame Leech Hunters.
  5. Sep 30, 2013
    The same old formula make this game brilliant G4TV, with great graphics, sounds, gameplay and with the possibility to control two characters at the same time makes the game more difficult and better.

1. Visually speaking, Resident Evil 0 is the best-looking game in the series to date. Players can expect photo-realistic environments, smoothly animated characters and creepy lighting effects.
  2. This one is actually a brand new game, with significant changes. [Feb 2003, p.96]
  3. Where it scores above other games is simply the emotions it inspires.