Resident Evil 4 GameCube

Mar 20, 2006
    Perfect game.
  2. DavidG.
    Mar 20, 2006
    I read about video games much more than I actually play them. The only system I own is the GameCube and I enjoy Puyo Pop from time to time. I had heard an awful lot about RE4, but was wary about spending $40 for a new copy of a game that's a year old. Thank god it came out at $20 last week. This is, quite honestly, the best adventure game I've ever played, taking that title from I read about video games much more than I actually play them. The only system I own is the GameCube and I enjoy Puyo Pop from time to time. I had heard an awful lot about RE4, but was wary about spending $40 for a new copy of a game that's a year old. Thank god it came out at $20 last week. This is, quite honestly, the best adventure game I've ever played, taking that title from Half-Life. In terms of atmosphere, graphics, sounds, and control, I can't think of a more immersive game. My only complaint is Ashley. I hate games where you have to protect someone, but she's kind of important to the storyline. A recommended must-buy. Expand
  3. CristianC.
    Mar 11, 2006
    this game is the best game ever. i can't stop playing it it's that good it kicks ass! The unlockable weapons are so cool and makes the game so fun.I hate the ps2 it sucks and wanted resident evil4 only because it's the best game out there. the only problem is Ashley she dies way! to easily and also leon he also easily. but other than that anyone who thinks this game sucks this game is the best game ever. i can't stop playing it it's that good it kicks ass! The unlockable weapons are so cool and makes the game so fun.I hate the ps2 it sucks and wanted resident evil4 only because it's the best game out there. the only problem is Ashley she dies way! to easily and also leon he also easily. but other than that anyone who thinks this game sucks they're just idiot, like my friend aaron, he thinks it's geeting but that hell of not true the resident evil series is great and a classic. Expand
  4. ArthurJ.
    Mar 4, 2006
    This Is one of the most action-packed Resident evil Games Out there. I love the Bosses and the Weapons and the whole story itself.
  5. SkaterAce
    Feb 24, 2006
    Excellent the game is a mind blowing experience with a clever use of the over the shoulder camera. I love it.
  6. NikolaosL.
    Feb 2, 2006
    I think that of most of these people who rated this game with something less than a zero, no one has a Game Cube. The game is brilliant and it is a shame that capcom does not continue the Nintendo / Capcom inclusive deal. Many games then would be better!
  7. Brett
    Jan 22, 2006
    I think that this game was horrible no offense butjust look the camera angles are horrible,dont know y its over the shoulder,u hardly get any ammo adn there are no other game modes other then story mode, horrible game movie was alright but the game sucked.
  8. TonyG.
    Jan 14, 2006
    100% ... 4 stars ... 2 thumbs up ... what ever you want to say ... to me, its 2 thumbs way up in the air, with 1 disc on each thumb and its resident evil 4 stars 100%. !!! way ahead of it's time ... capcom went in the right direction in this series. stopped a series from dying. this was their last chance, and came back the champ of all. Bravo capcom ... Bravo!! would love to see 5 a.s.a.p.
  9. JohnB.
    Jan 9, 2006
    Well, compared to most videogames nowadays, it was pretty damn good, but I feel this generation is deteriorating. As time goes by, all we demand is better and better graphics, smoother and smoother fps, better and performance when no one seems to realize that with every new system they pump out, gameplay stays the same or gets worse. Yes Resident Evil 4 was good and something fresh, but Well, compared to most videogames nowadays, it was pretty damn good, but I feel this generation is deteriorating. As time goes by, all we demand is better and better graphics, smoother and smoother fps, better and performance when no one seems to realize that with every new system they pump out, gameplay stays the same or gets worse. Yes Resident Evil 4 was good and something fresh, but at the end I still felt unsatisfied. I agree with the review by "Gamer's Hell" criticizing how the game becomes drawn out towards the end, becoming almost mindless killing, making no more than seemingly interactive B-rated Arnold movie. There was minimal thinking involved and one's goal was to speed towards the cutscenes as fast as possible. Strangely enough, I suspect we've turn into nothing but a bunch of zombies ourselves, satisfied with anything that feeds our visual bloodlust. Time will probably cause this game to age away like a rusted machine rather than like fine wine, but hopefully by then, gamers and gamemakers will open their eyes and invest more time into the actual gamePLAYING itself rather than how fast or well the graphics can run. If not, I'd rather just watch a movie. Though this game has alot of flaws, it is a very good start in terms of this generation finally shedding their technogically gluttunous attitudes and appealing to audiences through glimpses of real videogame playing. Expand
  10. ZackO.
    Dec 29, 2005
    THIS is what video games are all about. This game, resident evil 4, is the premier piece of entertainment in the twenty first century. Games these days are about technological prowess and sophistication, and developers usually forget about the most important aspect of video games: FUN. This game returns to the roots of the essence of video games, a stunning adventure into a mystical THIS is what video games are all about. This game, resident evil 4, is the premier piece of entertainment in the twenty first century. Games these days are about technological prowess and sophistication, and developers usually forget about the most important aspect of video games: FUN. This game returns to the roots of the essence of video games, a stunning adventure into a mystical imaginary world where anything can happen. Forget about the amazing graphics. forget about the top-notch control and camera system. What makes this game the best game that i have ever played is the fact that it will not give you a breather, it will not relent in attacking your senses, and it will not stop being astoundingly FUN throughout the entire experience. There has to be at least 50 moments in this game where i say to myself "man, that was awesome" or "man, i gotta see what happens next". The moment you think you can put down your controller and take a deep breath after youve cleared an area and a cutscene comes up, you better think again buddy. Even the cinematics in this game require you to have your trigger finger ready, because you never know when the guy in the cutscene will throw a knife at your head in a split second, or when the giant monster youre talking to will try to eat you. Besides the save points, this game never stops attacking you. And even when you complete the lengthy adventure and you think its over, youve only scratched the surface. A ton of awesome extras appear after you complete the story mode the first time, and they will attract you to do it all over again. Superb. Expand
  11. JohnH.
    Dec 21, 2005
    RE4 is without a doubt the best videogame I have ever played.
  12. OtmerW.
    Dec 19, 2005
    One of the best games of all time, pushes its way right up there with the halo series! Graphics are astounding and the gameplay will keep you on your toes for hours upon end!
  13. Nathdman
    Dec 17, 2005
    This is the best game I have ever had the pleasure of playing. It is a dramiatic improval over past RE games. The guns and bosses are amazing. I've beat it more than ten times. Before this game I just seen the Gamecube as a waste of money because of the poor game selection. But when I first got this i was blown away. This game did to the gamecube like God of War did for PS2 and Halo This is the best game I have ever had the pleasure of playing. It is a dramiatic improval over past RE games. The guns and bosses are amazing. I've beat it more than ten times. Before this game I just seen the Gamecube as a waste of money because of the poor game selection. But when I first got this i was blown away. This game did to the gamecube like God of War did for PS2 and Halo did for XBOX. I would buy a game cube just to get this game. Expand
  14. WillL.
    Dec 14, 2005
    The best game of this generation. It immerses you in a world like no game has since Ocarina of Time.
  15. LuiggiR.
    Dec 13, 2005
    My all time favorite game. It wasabsolutely perfect in every way. Graphics, gameplay, and levels were perfectly done and choreographed. Capcom did excellent work for their fourth installment of this incredible series. Very addictive and insperational. A joy to play.
  16. PhilipJ.
    Dec 11, 2005
    The detail is Insanely good. In fact so is everything else.
  17. BrianS.
    Dec 7, 2005
    I bought a Gamecube just to play this game when it came out and it was well worth the cash :)
  18. BrendenC.
    Nov 30, 2005
    i say this game rules one for allt he enemys you can fight. two for all the weapons you can find buy and upgrade. and last of all it never gets boring nomatter how many times you play it. and every time you beat it and start over you can keep the weapons that you had when you finished.
  19. WalterO.
    Nov 19, 2005
    The reason why I didn't give this game a 10 is two-fold: One, I think that the storyline was a bit weak (yes, it was just a vessel for the gameplay) and second, I hate the rigidity of a 3rd party that needs baby-sitting. Seriously, do not make players take care of annoying, helpless AI characters! Otherwise, buy this title today and you will not regret it. A fairly linear RE, but The reason why I didn't give this game a 10 is two-fold: One, I think that the storyline was a bit weak (yes, it was just a vessel for the gameplay) and second, I hate the rigidity of a 3rd party that needs baby-sitting. Seriously, do not make players take care of annoying, helpless AI characters! Otherwise, buy this title today and you will not regret it. A fairly linear RE, but with a lot of 3d areas to explore and the resultant freedom of combat was a welcome change (imagine using a sniper rifle to thin out a problem area or pushing the enemy off the roof rather than fight them all at once!). Very good, the best in the series. Expand
  20. AlanD.
    Nov 15, 2005
    This is the best game ever, i have never played a Resident Evil game until 4. My friend has a gamecube, and he said that i shoul get it when it comes out on PS2, so i rented it, and i have concludet the this game kicks!
  21. KevinY.
    Nov 14, 2005
    This game is amazing. It literaly scared the crap out of me. I'm not kidding I had to change my underwear twice while playing this game. Great action, great story, great weapons, great game. Buy it now! Go! Buy it insted of reading this usless review by some crazied freak!
  22. NenJ.
    Nov 10, 2005
    PERFECT!!!
  23. TylerA.
    Nov 9, 2005
    This is the best GameCube game I have ever played. I got this game expecting it to be scary, it isn't but that was good because I was worried about how scary it would be. It has good sound, graphics, gameplay and Its difficult varies which is good. Better than Metroid Prime.
  24. AndrewLi
    Nov 8, 2005
    OMG!! This game is one of the best games I have for the Gamecube! This is a MUST HAVE. I pity everyone who doesnt' have it!!!
  25. TomC.
    Nov 6, 2005
    ... One who has a gamecube, and does not have this game within their collection is truly a disgrace to all those who have the system everywhere. This is truly the best game I've played in this console generation in terms of graphics, gameplay, sound, and everything... It's all there. If you are reading this comment and haven't purchase this game, run to the store RIGHT now.
  26. EsaK.
    Nov 4, 2005
    Well it's the best GameCube game that I have played so far(I never finished Metroid Prime). Only game of the Resident Evil series that I have finished. Maybe the best game ever. Absolutely fantastic.
  27. DavidJ.
    Oct 28, 2005
    One of the greatest games of all time and the best of 05, a timeless classic.
  28. SethJ.
    Oct 27, 2005
    RE4 was by far one of the best games i've evr played. All the other RE games are great, but none match up to RE4. This is the game that made the gamecube. The graphics were unbelieveable, the story line was great, and just the whole game was a very big success. I look forward to playing RE5.
  29. RayS.
    Oct 27, 2005
    This game is the best resident evil ever. I don't think that there was one bad thing in it. I have to say this is the best horror/adventure game ever made. I think that it beats Halo 1 and 2. Nothing has ever been made so nice and beautiful as this. Thank you capcom for making such an adicting and wonderful game.
  30. KeeganB
    Oct 24, 2005
    This game is flawless. I have beat this game many times and gotten everything but yet I still play it now because the game is just so awesome, I really hope RE5 uses this exact style of gameplay again because this game is on my top3 best games ever list. If you died but had this game in your hand people would remember you as the guy that died holding the best game ever.
  31. LeslieT
    Oct 23, 2005
    IT IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER!!! no other game can beat it... its awesome you just need to play it no matter what kind of games you like its just awesome. it is by far the best game i have ever played trust me people you will love it
  32. SamD.
    Oct 12, 2005
    Easily one of the top 50 games ever, not to mention one of the top five shooters ever. best game on gc.
  33. Robertortiz
    Oct 11, 2005
    This is the hottest game on gamecube and i didnt even beat the second disk.
  34. GregorvichN.
    Oct 8, 2005
    C***s this game is and was awesome, i died at least 60 times between the start and end but still good, new version coming out with a plagas killing lazer>:) waiting for re5 make it as good please capcom!
  35. MikeC.
    Oct 4, 2005
    It is the gretest resident evil game i've ever played
  36. JustinB.
    Oct 3, 2005
    The relentless action, compelling story, intuitive controls, and haunting environments, breathtaking graphics and detail make RE4 one of the most fun games I've ever played, and quite possibly one of the best games ever made, not to mention by far and away the coolest.
  37. TaylorK.
    Sep 21, 2005
    If you haven't played this game, you missing out on a game that will always be remembered as one of the greatest games made. Truly One of the best of the best games ever made, trust me its worth buying a game cube just to get this game, Just one thing, why can all games have this much intensity and passion like this game has unleashed?!!!!!
  38. OmarR.
    Sep 17, 2005
    O my god!!!!! This game is banging. It's the best game I've ever played. Who ever gives it a 9 or lower is a ratarted nerd.
  39. MichaelD.
    Sep 6, 2005
    This is the best game ever made!!!
  40. BrianR
    Sep 4, 2005
    This is the best game on the Gamecube BAR NONE, nothing is as overall spectacular as this game has proven to be. Way to go Capcom!
  41. DanielF.
    Aug 8, 2005
    The graphics and cut-scenes are amazingly polished, and helps create a spooky atmosphere. Beter than Halo or GTA, and is fighting for Best Gamecube Game along with Metroid Prime!
  42. AlexW.
    Aug 7, 2005
    Wow... just wow... this game is ****ign awesome!! i loved it, the bosses are great... wow.
  43. DragonKnightofFinalFantasy
    Aug 5, 2005
    Almost a perfect game. The graphics are top notch and are absolutely stunning to look at. The control scheme as been heavily improved upon the old tired RE formula to a much easier control set-up. The gameplay is the best there ever could be for horror games. The escort missions don't even bother you. Its just so fun. The AI is much much smarter and the button pressing during Almost a perfect game. The graphics are top notch and are absolutely stunning to look at. The control scheme as been heavily improved upon the old tired RE formula to a much easier control set-up. The gameplay is the best there ever could be for horror games. The escort missions don't even bother you. Its just so fun. The AI is much much smarter and the button pressing during cut-scenes make you feel much more invloved and keep you on the edge of your seat, I don't get scared by the horror genre and this is no exception but this is the best of its kind especially since the camera angles are good. The bosses are very very cool as well and it'll excite you. I have few complaints 1. You can't move while firing which is huge for me and 2,. The acting is pretty bad. This is a buy without a doubt. Now go by a cube and get RE4! What PS2 version? Don't wait! Besides it'll have worse graphics and its a good guess it'll have long load times. Trust me this is one of the best games of 05' Expand
  44. JakeR.
    Aug 4, 2005
    It's sweet.
  45. BenD.
    Jul 25, 2005
    As of now, this looks to be the best game of 2005. Zelda: Twilight Princess will need to be freakin' awsome if it hopes to beat this masterpiece.
  46. TroyE.
    Jul 23, 2005
    I had never played a Resident Evil game before. Then i got this, the most amazing game of 2005. After beating it a couple of time with the Handcannon, Infininte Rocket Launcher, and the Chicago Typwriter, I played my frinds copy of Resident Evil 3: Nemisis and was AMAZED by the difference. All in all, Resident Evi 4 kick ass.l
  47. BenH.
    Jul 19, 2005
    This game rocks.. i give it 10 because i cant really expect any better then this.. Its is a massive improvement on all the previous RE installments. Only one thuing that i think would be good. A STRAFE BUTTON.. or something like it. Maybe it does exist.. if it does email me.
  48. SFC
    Jul 18, 2005
    I'd never have thought that it'd take a new RE to prove once and for all the brilliance of the series. It's amazing to see it achieved such greatness. I've asked myself whether it's lost some of the RE individuality, becayse that seemed to be one of the few issues at hand when talking about RE, and I believe it didn't. The producers just made some sacrifices I'd never have thought that it'd take a new RE to prove once and for all the brilliance of the series. It's amazing to see it achieved such greatness. I've asked myself whether it's lost some of the RE individuality, becayse that seemed to be one of the few issues at hand when talking about RE, and I believe it didn't. The producers just made some sacrifices which paid off really well.They may not be zombies, but they're more ferocious, the story is a la RE and you've still got Leon, for all that counts. It's the same universe, just another planet. Expand
  49. Cory
    Jul 12, 2005
    This game proves that Gamecube isnt a joke. This is the best horror/survival video game ever! I cant get enough of blowing a Ganado's head off with the shotgun. The cut scenes are some of the best I've ever seen. This deserves game of the year more than Halo and Half-life.
  50. BurimB.
    Jul 9, 2005
    The best game ever.
  51. JoeM.
    Jul 7, 2005
    Kool fatalities, kool enemies, brilliant graphics, long long gameplay, best game ever, need i say more?
  52. TommyC.
    Jul 5, 2005
    Awesome game! If you're a gamecube owner and you're caught without this game, I will personally hunt you down and force you to get it. This is one of the best games IMO to ever exist, superb graphics, gameplay, and expansion to the Resident Evil series plot, what more do you want? Good move, Capcom.
  53. CrimsonH.
    Jul 5, 2005
    "I mean how many games are there with a guy with a potato sack over his head and has a chainsaw." - AJ Marsden haha so true. i could go on forever describing how DAMN GOOD this game is but instead i'll just use one word to describe it... "Masterpiece"
  54. ChristianF.
    Jul 5, 2005
    Quite simply the best Resident Evil game, and therefore the best horror game ever made. I'm on my 4th round and it stil captivates. Gives the Gamecube a credibility Mario could only dream of.
  55. CarlieG.
    Jun 27, 2005
    The movie was totally awesome.
  56. RobbyF.
    Jun 20, 2005
    Best game ever !!!!! (But what about the poor zombies who are now j jobless)
  57. JesseS.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Easily one of the best games I have ever played. It has almost anything a gamer would want - incredible graphics, awesome gameplay, a great story, its all here. Another highlight would be how the boss battles are never tiring or dreadful - they are very entertaining, for the most part. A lot of Resident Evil fans bashed this game for all of the changes, but either way, the changes were Easily one of the best games I have ever played. It has almost anything a gamer would want - incredible graphics, awesome gameplay, a great story, its all here. Another highlight would be how the boss battles are never tiring or dreadful - they are very entertaining, for the most part. A lot of Resident Evil fans bashed this game for all of the changes, but either way, the changes were for the best. If you own a GameCube and haven't played this game, you have no idea what you are missing. Expand
  58. Jim
    Jun 17, 2005
    I just got the game I am still in the 1st chapter sec 3 and I am loving every bit of it it is quite possible the best game I have ever played. It just so intense.
  59. BrandonE.
    Jun 14, 2005
    What can I say? This game is absolutely incredible. I almost soiled myself at various points in the game, both at the sheer terror that it induced in me and the utter coolness of it all. I played it whenever I could for about 5 hours during the week, then when the weekend came, I played it non-stop for over 18 hours, stopping only for a shower and a brief snack. I just couldn't put What can I say? This game is absolutely incredible. I almost soiled myself at various points in the game, both at the sheer terror that it induced in me and the utter coolness of it all. I played it whenever I could for about 5 hours during the week, then when the weekend came, I played it non-stop for over 18 hours, stopping only for a shower and a brief snack. I just couldn't put it down until I had beaten it. I've never had a comparable gaming experience, the closest perhaps being when I played Ocarina of Time back in college. This game really expanded my notions about what a gaming experience could be like in terms of the visceral experience. I don't know necessarily if this will stand the test of time like a Zelda, but at the moment, all I can say is that this game is THE BOMB! Expand
  60. S.F.
    Jun 13, 2005
    The most innovative game in the history of the series.
  61. CozoniW.
    Jun 11, 2005
    An unexpected pleasure. My faith in the series and the genre has been restored. And thank God RE4 is being released on PS2 as well because it deserves to sell by the bucket load.
  62. AliciaM.
    Jun 10, 2005
    This game was freakin' awesome. I jumped so much at the graphics and I wasn't even playing it!
  63. JonD.
    Jun 8, 2005
    One of the best games for gamecube. The graphics are great and the gameplay is so much better than the other resident evil games.
  64. RolandL.
    Jun 1, 2005
    An amazing game... I bought it because of the high rating enjoyed every frustrating seconds of it. I have since lost a lot of sleep over it just playing and playing. I'm not into violent game type but this one stands out!
  65. Ashlyn
    May 26, 2005
    True story: I have a friend who visits me every six months or so. We're both prolific gamers, so whenever he comes over we stay up all night and play video games. Two years ago, being a loyal RE fan despite the increasing staleness of the franchise, I had bought a GameCube for the Resident Evil "Remake" and I persuaded him to try it. He did, and it took two hours of backtracking True story: I have a friend who visits me every six months or so. We're both prolific gamers, so whenever he comes over we stay up all night and play video games. Two years ago, being a loyal RE fan despite the increasing staleness of the franchise, I had bought a GameCube for the Resident Evil "Remake" and I persuaded him to try it. He did, and it took two hours of backtracking through the same rooms and firing at monotonous off-screen enemies before he lost interest and lamented my decision to get a GameCube in the first place--said pigs would fly before he got one. This year I bought "RE4" and realized that it was one of my favorite games of all time. On game night, I hooked up the GameCube despite his protests and handed him the controller. Within five minutes, he was on his feet trying to keep Leon alive in the first village stage, and after his first chainsaw death we yelled incoherently for two minutes. Then he sat down, pressed "yes" to continue, and remarked to me, quite casually, "I'm gonna buy a GameCube." I was completely floored. So he now has his own GameCube with RE4 decals on it, and he's on his fourth round. We talk about RE on the phone and he keeps me updated on all the cool things he's been finding out with each play-through. So congrats, Capcom--you made pigs fly. Thanks for having the balls to re-invent an established series for something far better. Both my friend and I will be waiting with bated breath for "RE5". Expand
  66. JohnnieC.
    May 24, 2005
    This game is very good compaired to the other residentevils that there are I would say to the creators good job and keep up the good work and keep coming out with more and better resident evils for the madness never ends.
  67. DaveS.
    May 24, 2005
    Fantastic! Fluid, flowing, addictive, compulsive, ingenious, atmospheric, intriuging. It plays like a true game should, it is constanly action packed, and offers a streaming flow of gameplay. It feels so good to play. Blasting a farmer's head off with a shotgun at point blank range, sending his corpse fly into the villagers behind him so you can make a quick escape, feel so good. The Fantastic! Fluid, flowing, addictive, compulsive, ingenious, atmospheric, intriuging. It plays like a true game should, it is constanly action packed, and offers a streaming flow of gameplay. It feels so good to play. Blasting a farmer's head off with a shotgun at point blank range, sending his corpse fly into the villagers behind him so you can make a quick escape, feel so good. The sounds and voicecasting are perfect. The plot is engrossing. And its the most fun Resi game yet. But it still keeps its creepy atmosphere. The spooky mystery is central to the game,as you unearth the hidden secrets of this fresh slant of the resi series. Expand
  68. MatthewD.
    May 20, 2005
    This game was by far one of the best gamecube games i have played, I just recently picked up a gamecube and since i have loved almost every resident evil i decided to play through number 4 as well, to my surprise it was different and totally new and original. The idea of smart somewhat zombie characters that use some tactics to take your character out while you run form them like a madmanThis game was by far one of the best gamecube games i have played, I just recently picked up a gamecube and since i have loved almost every resident evil i decided to play through number 4 as well, to my surprise it was different and totally new and original. The idea of smart somewhat zombie characters that use some tactics to take your character out while you run form them like a madman was such a thrill to me. The boss fights were alot of fun and the extras after you beat the game are alot of fun as well, mercenaries mode was so annoying due to the fact that they keep coming, if you blink you get your head chopped off by chainsaw hags lol hehe. Of course like any other game there are graphical flaws, only minor and nothing to worry about but i did notice them, kinda funny actually. I sure hope capcom brings out a new resident evil soon or in the not to far distant future with the same gameplay elements and a brandnew story line of course that deals with leon again saving something from someone or a co-op mode for increased fun and playability lol Expand
  69. MattG.
    May 16, 2005
    This game is frieken AWESOME! I love this so much, that I named by kid Leon and my daugher Ashley.
  70. VincentV.
    May 14, 2005
    This is wit out a a doubt the best gamecube game I have ever played, Metroid Prime come close, but RE4 can't be beat. V.V.
  71. MarkS.
    May 13, 2005
    Teh pwner game ever!
  72. IanC.
    May 9, 2005
    This game is worth buying a Gamecube for!!! Never a dull or frustrating moment. Breathtaking in presentation. If you like video games at all, Resident Evil 4 is for you.
  73. EricM.
    May 3, 2005
    This is the best RE game i have played. I think all the changes made are for the best and hope there are future RE games that follow this game in every aspect.
  74. CoryK.
    May 2, 2005
    WOW. This game blew me away. I never got into the previous RE games or even the survival horror genre to begin with. However, after playing this game, I have checked out other survival horror games. The graphics, gameplay, bosses and the creepy atmosphere makes this game THE BEST game on Gamecube.
  75. RenatoF.
    May 2, 2005
    The best game i-ve ever played!!!
  76. Afrodude
    Apr 30, 2005
    Keeps you on the edge of your seat for hours.
  77. Mooshoo
    Apr 26, 2005
    This is the best game you will ever play. Game of the year.
  78. JoeJ.
    Apr 25, 2005
    Super duper, the best game of my time, I loved all the scary enimes, and boss' but going around with ashley, can get bothersome. the only thing that was wierd to me was Saddler (the last boss) was simple, i just shot him 3 times with the revlover, and the Rocket launcher came, and CABOOM, dead just like that, simple, BUT I WOULD TOTALLY GET THIS GAME.
  79. AnthonyS.
    Apr 24, 2005
    This has to be one of the best RE games I have played thus far, but it just isn't as scary as the others before it. But over all a must to play. WOW
  80. TylerM.
    Apr 24, 2005
    This game has awsome grphics! I thought it would be the usual resident evil games before this 1. I was so very wrong. I have not played this game but it looks very nice and seems to handle pretty good.
  81. RossL.
    Apr 21, 2005
    Amazing. That is the only word that describes RE.
  82. ShaunS.
    Apr 17, 2005
    If you buy this game you'll be sh.t scared.
  83. RaulC.
    Apr 16, 2005
    I´m a PS2 fan, I owned and loved my PS1, and if I´ve had to choose a second console, it sure would be the Xbox. But after I played RE4(I´m a huge RE fan too!), I must say, without a doubt, that this could easily the single, most complete, and incredible game experience on this console generation. Even compared with Halo2, MGS3, GTA San Andreas, GT4, all of this a 10 on I´m a PS2 fan, I owned and loved my PS1, and if I´ve had to choose a second console, it sure would be the Xbox. But after I played RE4(I´m a huge RE fan too!), I must say, without a doubt, that this could easily the single, most complete, and incredible game experience on this console generation. Even compared with Halo2, MGS3, GTA San Andreas, GT4, all of this a 10 on my list, RE4 would came on top, simply because instead of being an improvement of tried and tested gameplay scheme, this game came to revolutionize no only the RE series, but all the genre aswell. Throw in, if you like, the two PC gems of Doom 3 and the great above all Half Life 2, compare the years of development of both games with RE4, and it woul be still came on top in an overall, time-to-innovation package. For me, only HALO and GT3, would be as important for gameplay innovation on the current console generation, and both of them were a lot less polished than this. A masterpiece that should be enjoyed by everyone, even if you(like myself) don´t own a Gamecube, and even if you don´t want to do so, do yourself a favor, borrow a cube(like I did) and play this. I only hope that the PS2 version keeps all this greatness...(but don´t wait till then, play it now!) Expand
  84. AbrahamI.
    Apr 14, 2005
    Cause it has really sick graphics and its really fun to play.
  85. AdD
    Apr 12, 2005
    Great Game looks great and is very easy to get imersed into not quite as scary as the first game as you can control the camera to spot ememies around the corner rather than walking into then like in the resi 1 remake which makes you much more confident. but the fixed camera seemed to be what people moaned about (even though it gave it it's atmos) so it's gone. The games still Great Game looks great and is very easy to get imersed into not quite as scary as the first game as you can control the camera to spot ememies around the corner rather than walking into then like in the resi 1 remake which makes you much more confident. but the fixed camera seemed to be what people moaned about (even though it gave it it's atmos) so it's gone. The games still great though although not so much a survival horror any more. More of a zombie kill fest! easily ten out of ten best game so far this year on any console! Expand
  86. TimothyC.
    Apr 12, 2005
    I bought this for my GF and she loves it, and so she told me about it and I play it at her house and its an awesome game, I see nothing wrong with it, its challenging, kinda hair raising, and very interesting.
  87. YousefR.
    Apr 11, 2005
    This is amazingly the best game i have ever seen in my whole life.The graphics are great, the story is amusing,and the zombies are wicked sick.This game is the only game that should come to mind for gamecube.The only thing i would say is bad is that the presidents daughter keeps talking, other than that this game is a no-brainer as they say.
  88. WesBorlin
    Apr 11, 2005
    I literally pissed on myself I was so scared Beautiful. Awesome... Breathtaking.
  89. AndrewS.
    Apr 11, 2005
    It's simply the best game that i've ever seen and played! Great great great!!! Amazing under any point of view! History of video gaming pass through this game!
  90. J.D.Wells
    Apr 10, 2005
    I really enjoyed the RE 1 remake on GCN. This is however a pretty good game for what "it" is. People like to compare so I am trying to show why I think so in my opinion. A lot of people don't like the old way but I am a visual nut, RE 1 remake is beautiful. This game is just shy of beautiful. Lots of jaggies and minus a lot of needed bumpmapping. Most things are drawn to look like I really enjoyed the RE 1 remake on GCN. This is however a pretty good game for what "it" is. People like to compare so I am trying to show why I think so in my opinion. A lot of people don't like the old way but I am a visual nut, RE 1 remake is beautiful. This game is just shy of beautiful. Lots of jaggies and minus a lot of needed bumpmapping. Most things are drawn to look like they have depth. But the gameplay, bosses and innovative new way to play makes it high on my list. Not better than RE 1 just different in my opinion. FYI, for those who play it smart, like me, the lack of an unending box to put quipment in is annoying. I overflowed through most of the game and had to sell a lot when I wish I didn't have to. Expand
  91. AlexP.
    Apr 9, 2005
    Resident Evil 4 will probably be the best game of the year by far and I thoroughly enjoyed it: from incredible visuals and panicky gameplay to it's ingenious buy/sell system, the game carefully keeps your excitement high by keeping you rooted in its world, through both limitation and innovation. Sublime.
  92. MichaelE.
    Apr 8, 2005
    Best game on Gamecube. Leon is the perfect agent for this mission.
  93. AJMarsden
    Apr 7, 2005
    Best frickin game in the universe. The opening level is like none other than anything everdond.I mean how many games are there with a guy with a potato sack over his head and has a chainsaw.15 out of 10!!
  94. S.Yorganci
    Apr 6, 2005
    Resident evil 4 takes playing video games to another level just about flawless in every department. By far the best game of the year!
  95. JustinS.
    Apr 4, 2005
    The this game was so amazing, the characters, the weapons, the levels, the bosses, and the items were all perfect, This is the best game of 2005, and even all time.
  96. BrianD.
    Apr 3, 2005
    This is the best game made in the last 6 years.
  97. AndyL.
    Apr 3, 2005
    Best game i've ever played. Details like the lightning strikes and the blur effects near fires and lava and the screen getting wet during a boss really draw you in. Game of the Year.....Guaranteed.
  98. JoeD.
    Best resident evil ever.
  99. Dakidski
    Apr 2, 2005
    I HATE THIS GAME! After playing it, there is no reason to play other games at all... All other games are obsolete.
  100. ShravanM.
    Apr 1, 2005
    This game has made me a resident evil fan. I thought resident evil 4 would disappoint like the other recent RE games. I was so wrong, it astounds me now.

#1 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2005
#1 Most Shared GameCube Game of 2005

1. Weekly Famitsu
    10 / 9 / 9 / 10 - 38 platinum [Jan 2005]
  2. Simply put, Resident Evil 4 is the tightest, most accessible game in the series and one of the best games out there.
  3. Magnificent. It's a terrific, if tardy, showcase for the GameCube, and it's every bit as worthy as the Halos, the GTAs, and the MGSes of this generation. This is a stunning return to form. (Happy Trails, GMR staff!) [Feb 2005]