Resident Evil 4 GameCube

• Also On: PC
9.4

1. GregM.
    Feb 3, 2005
    A stunning foray into a violent landscape where the typical and cliched enemies have been thrown out the window, to be replaced by ax and sickle wielding peasantfolk, all of whom hate you, and a group of mongering cult-members that murmur indecipherables as they crawl forward. By far the best game I have ever played on any console--it is, in parts, genuinely scary. The only significant A stunning foray into a violent landscape where the typical and cliched enemies have been thrown out the window, to be replaced by ax and sickle wielding peasantfolk, all of whom hate you, and a group of mongering cult-members that murmur indecipherables as they crawl forward. By far the best game I have ever played on any console--it is, in parts, genuinely scary. The only significant drawback is the writing, which is at times excruciatingly bad. Expand
  2. AthrunZ.
    Feb 9, 2005
    Bought it the day it was released and never stop playing it.
  3. AdamD.
    Mar 2, 2005
    Raises the bar in horror games.
  4. ShaunS.
    Apr 17, 2005
    If you buy this game you'll be sh.t scared.
  5. MatthewD.
    May 20, 2005
    This game was by far one of the best gamecube games i have played, I just recently picked up a gamecube and since i have loved almost every resident evil i decided to play through number 4 as well, to my surprise it was different and totally new and original. The idea of smart somewhat zombie characters that use some tactics to take your character out while you run form them like a madmanThis game was by far one of the best gamecube games i have played, I just recently picked up a gamecube and since i have loved almost every resident evil i decided to play through number 4 as well, to my surprise it was different and totally new and original. The idea of smart somewhat zombie characters that use some tactics to take your character out while you run form them like a madman was such a thrill to me. The boss fights were alot of fun and the extras after you beat the game are alot of fun as well, mercenaries mode was so annoying due to the fact that they keep coming, if you blink you get your head chopped off by chainsaw hags lol hehe. Of course like any other game there are graphical flaws, only minor and nothing to worry about but i did notice them, kinda funny actually. I sure hope capcom brings out a new resident evil soon or in the not to far distant future with the same gameplay elements and a brandnew story line of course that deals with leon again saving something from someone or a co-op mode for increased fun and playability lol Expand
  6. BrendanO.
    Mar 25, 2006
    This game kicks vombie-creature-BUTT!!! It's the best console game out and it rocks! Seriously, the reply value is incredible. You can beat the game over and over and it never gets boring. You just have a blast pumping 100s of rounds into those....well...creatures. It's just a heck of a riot! BUY THIS GAME...it's the most fun you'll have on any console!
  7. TarikT.
    Jan 16, 2005
    The only bad thing about this game was the last cutscene. I would give it a 9.7 if it had that score on the reader review.
  8. WeskerC.
    Jan 23, 2005
    New, good and advance gameplay style which is attractive and never disapoint to RE fans.
  9. RayS.
    Oct 27, 2005
    This game is the best resident evil ever. I don't think that there was one bad thing in it. I have to say this is the best horror/adventure game ever made. I think that it beats Halo 1 and 2. Nothing has ever been made so nice and beautiful as this. Thank you capcom for making such an adicting and wonderful game.
  10. ChrisS.
    Jan 30, 2005
    Quite astounding, and almost certainly the best game on GameCube. A non-stop thrill ride of epic proportions. A giant stride forwards for the survival-horror genre, and probably the best reinvention of an existing franchise ever seen. Up there with Halo and San Andreas as one of the defining moments of the current generation of consoles. Do not miss.
  11. MikeC.
    Oct 4, 2005
    It is the gretest resident evil game i've ever played
  12. EvanB.
    Jan 8, 2005
    Simply amazing. If you don't like gore, this is not the game for you. Otherwise, a masterpiece.
  13. DavidL.
    Jan 9, 2005
    Resident Evil 4 is the one game that can, and probably will, pull Nintendo back to the top.
  14. UematsuA.
    Feb 1, 2005
    CAPCOM's Resident Evil 4 has plenty to offer. First off, the story of the game. Leon S Kennedy is sent to Europe (somewhere in Spain), to rescue the president's daughter Ashley Gharam. In event, the villagers are acting strange. There are suprising characters. The return of Ada Wong, Krauser, Wesker... The game nearly takes 20 hours in your first round. After completing the CAPCOM's Resident Evil 4 has plenty to offer. First off, the story of the game. Leon S Kennedy is sent to Europe (somewhere in Spain), to rescue the president's daughter Ashley Gharam. In event, the villagers are acting strange. There are suprising characters. The return of Ada Wong, Krauser, Wesker... The game nearly takes 20 hours in your first round. After completing the game, you'll unlock two modes. Assignment Ada and The Merceneries. Great game. Collapse
  15. RayU.
    Feb 2, 2005
    I think this is the most realisic Resident Evil game yet. It has all new features that many RE players have been wanting since the first one. The Story mode and the game interaction of the game itself is unbelieveable. The different ways your enemys manipulate and dodge bullets and other weapons makes RE4 that much more of the game we've been waiting for. Arguably the best game ever made.
  16. JoeP.
    Feb 6, 2005
    Best Resident Evil ever. With the new targeting it makes killing the zombies (well, they are not zombies) fun. The gameplay is 10 times funner and the game is not slow. You'll want to beat it in one seating. This is a must have.
  17. BanG.
    Mar 10, 2005
    This is easily my favorite game of this generation and it's very deep.
  18. Martin
    Mar 19, 2005
    Definitely top 3 best games I have ever played. Everything is great, the control, the graphics, the gameplay. Best game since Ocarina of Time, if not even better than that.
  19. TimS.
    Mar 28, 2005
    I thought this wus the best resident evil game out so far!!!!! graphics rule!
  20. BoboP.
    Mar 3, 2005
    Can't type for very long must play Resident Evil 4 ...
  21. DavidA.
    Mar 6, 2005
    Very cool, it stessed the hell out of me, I love the chainsaw guy in the beggining.I think there was no need to make it this bloody because some of the images are just nasty. But still in a way the blood adds a little more horror to the game. If you think this game sucks I think you need to see a doctor. I never thought there would be a game that was as good as the Prince of Persia Very cool, it stessed the hell out of me, I love the chainsaw guy in the beggining.I think there was no need to make it this bloody because some of the images are just nasty. But still in a way the blood adds a little more horror to the game. If you think this game sucks I think you need to see a doctor. I never thought there would be a game that was as good as the Prince of Persia collection but I was mistaken. Expand
  22. DarrenD.
    Mar 9, 2005
    I dont care what anyone say this game is better than halo 2 or gta san andreas.
  23. JustinS.
    Apr 4, 2005
    The this game was so amazing, the characters, the weapons, the levels, the bosses, and the items were all perfect, This is the best game of 2005, and even all time.
  24. JohnnieC.
    May 24, 2005
    This game is very good compaired to the other residentevils that there are I would say to the creators good job and keep up the good work and keep coming out with more and better resident evils for the madness never ends.
  25. EricM.
    May 3, 2005
    This is the best RE game i have played. I think all the changes made are for the best and hope there are future RE games that follow this game in every aspect.
  26. AliciaM.
    Jun 10, 2005
    This game was freakin' awesome. I jumped so much at the graphics and I wasn't even playing it!
  27. DanielF.
    Aug 8, 2005
    The graphics and cut-scenes are amazingly polished, and helps create a spooky atmosphere. Beter than Halo or GTA, and is fighting for Best Gamecube Game along with Metroid Prime!
  28. BrianR
    Sep 4, 2005
    This is the best game on the Gamecube BAR NONE, nothing is as overall spectacular as this game has proven to be. Way to go Capcom!
  29. DavidG.
    Mar 20, 2006
    I read about video games much more than I actually play them. The only system I own is the GameCube and I enjoy Puyo Pop from time to time. I had heard an awful lot about RE4, but was wary about spending $40 for a new copy of a game that's a year old. Thank god it came out at $20 last week. This is, quite honestly, the best adventure game I've ever played, taking that title from I read about video games much more than I actually play them. The only system I own is the GameCube and I enjoy Puyo Pop from time to time. I had heard an awful lot about RE4, but was wary about spending $40 for a new copy of a game that's a year old. Thank god it came out at $20 last week. This is, quite honestly, the best adventure game I've ever played, taking that title from Half-Life. In terms of atmosphere, graphics, sounds, and control, I can't think of a more immersive game. My only complaint is Ashley. I hate games where you have to protect someone, but she's kind of important to the storyline. A recommended must-buy. Expand
  30. JonnyB.
    Jun 15, 2006
    If I could I would give this game a 20. This is my favorite game ever made. I didn't really care much for the old Resident Evil games but this one is great. I wish that there was a co-op mode though, my friend and I are always looking for fun multiplayers on the Game Cube. The Game Cube version is better than the PS2 version even though the PS2 version has extra stuff. If you have a If I could I would give this game a 20. This is my favorite game ever made. I didn't really care much for the old Resident Evil games but this one is great. I wish that there was a co-op mode though, my friend and I are always looking for fun multiplayers on the Game Cube. The Game Cube version is better than the PS2 version even though the PS2 version has extra stuff. If you have a G Cube and you don't have this game, you might as well not have a G Cube. Beat the game and then beat assignment Ada and save your money for the Chicago Typwriter is is freakn awesome! Expand
  31. DaveH
    Dec 7, 2009
    Seriously, a masterpiece. I have the admit the storyline is not the best thing about this game (rescuing the president's daughter?) but the gameplay and the graphics are awesome. The main character Leon Kennedy is unarguably one the best protagonists in video games, alongside with Master Chief and Link. I wish to write more about this game in this short review, but if I started Seriously, a masterpiece. I have the admit the storyline is not the best thing about this game (rescuing the president's daughter?) but the gameplay and the graphics are awesome. The main character Leon Kennedy is unarguably one the best protagonists in video games, alongside with Master Chief and Link. I wish to write more about this game in this short review, but if I started taking it seriously, I'd end up writing a Yottabyte of data. Expand
  32. Residentevilnutreisawsome
    Sep 5, 2009
    RE4 the best in its siris.Capcom really did it out with this one. I am really the biggest fan of resident evil. resident evil will live on. (like michal jackson did) go resident evil and go capcom!
  33. IsaacS.
    Dec 10, 2004
    Tried the demo! WAS AMAZING. This game is going to rock!
    Jan 11, 2005
    Me and my friend just played this for 6.5 straight hours, and i can say right now that it has more scares in that amount of time than any game i have ever played. This is without question one of the best games ever.
  35. AB
    Jan 11, 2005
    This game is an amazing experience that all gamers should enjoy. It is the best Resident Evil to date. All the problems with the franchise have been fixed: no more horrid camera angles, no more ridiculous controls, and the environments are fully rendered. This is the best game since The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and is arguably as good as Halo 2.
  36. LordSpencer
    Jan 12, 2005
    Simply put, the best thing to grace the human race.
  37. KevinF.
    Jan 13, 2005
    Finally a developer uses the full potential of the GC. I don't have the platitudes to praise this game enough. It is perfect. You will want to hit pause and bring people in off the street to show them this amazing cutscene or that in-engine accomplishment. All the complaints about controls and linearity are silly - if you could strafe, then the game would be less frantic and scary. Finally a developer uses the full potential of the GC. I don't have the platitudes to praise this game enough. It is perfect. You will want to hit pause and bring people in off the street to show them this amazing cutscene or that in-engine accomplishment. All the complaints about controls and linearity are silly - if you could strafe, then the game would be less frantic and scary. Oddly enough, the direction the game goes in is more H.P. Lovecraft than anything else, which is refreshing and fun! Buy a GC, it's finally hitting its stride. Expand
  38. BosephusM.
    Jan 13, 2005
    Not only does this game wow technically and fix many preexisting RE faults, but it still retains many aspects of RE we know and love and is more frightening/entertaining than any recent horror movie. I haven't played a videogame till the early morning hours (4 am) in a LONG time, but RE4 is just that damn good.
  39. Dan
    Jan 13, 2005
    There are not words within my heart of hearts to describe the genius of this game. Please, for the love of God buy this. Best game on the Gamecube. Actually competes with Half-Life 2 for best game ever struck on disc.
  40. EsaK.
    Nov 4, 2005
    Well it's the best GameCube game that I have played so far(I never finished Metroid Prime). Only game of the Resident Evil series that I have finished. Maybe the best game ever. Absolutely fantastic.
  41. DanB.
    Jan 15, 2005
    Best game ever.
  42. EricH.
    Jan 16, 2005
    The story line is great, graphics and sound is by far the best ever made. Resident Evil 4 will keep you on the edge of your seat for hours after you put down the controller.
  43. NickT.
    Jan 16, 2005
    I new that this game was going to be extremely enjoyable no matter what, but never did I think it would be THIS freaking amazing. It is the most fun I have had playing a game in a VERY long time and blows many other games (including the entire RE series) out of the water. It must be seen to be believed. The pacing, graphics, gameplay mechanics, and bosses are some of the best I have seen I new that this game was going to be extremely enjoyable no matter what, but never did I think it would be THIS freaking amazing. It is the most fun I have had playing a game in a VERY long time and blows many other games (including the entire RE series) out of the water. It must be seen to be believed. The pacing, graphics, gameplay mechanics, and bosses are some of the best I have seen in any game. I'd go as far to say that this is one of the best games of our console generation. It simply should not be missed. PLAY IT NOW!!! Expand
  44. TylerA.
    Nov 9, 2005
    This is the best GameCube game I have ever played. I got this game expecting it to be scary, it isn't but that was good because I was worried about how scary it would be. It has good sound, graphics, gameplay and Its difficult varies which is good. Better than Metroid Prime.
  45. JohnMalkovich
    Jan 21, 2005
    I cannot believe this game is this damn good, I hated the other Resident Evils! UNBELIAVABLE.
  46. ArmandoT.
    Jan 20, 2005
    The best resident evil so far.
  47. AngelDeJ.
    This game is Amazing!!!! Super Great!! Excellent graphics!! A+
  48. CanliC.
    Jan 23, 2005
    Greatest game that I've never seen until today. Very hard and very good.
  49. MalachiTheAngel
    Jan 24, 2005
    Wow! I was hoping RE4 would be good but I never expect it to be this good. Not only does it beat out RE2 as my favorite chapter in the series but it beats out every game released last year (shame it didn't come out two weeks earlier as it would have got GOTY) and every other 3rd person action game around. The gameplay is simply fantastic, taking the best parts of Resident Evil, The Wow! I was hoping RE4 would be good but I never expect it to be this good. Not only does it beat out RE2 as my favorite chapter in the series but it beats out every game released last year (shame it didn't come out two weeks earlier as it would have got GOTY) and every other 3rd person action game around. The gameplay is simply fantastic, taking the best parts of Resident Evil, The Devil May Cry, and Metal Gear Solid 3 and combining them to make some extrodinary. This even tops Ninja Gaiden, my previous choice for the best action game around. This is worth getting even if you've never like Resident Evil games. It's worth getting a Gamecube for. After all the un-inspired sequels of last year, we have something that far exceedes expectations. BUY IT! Expand
  50. SPANTO
    Jan 26, 2005
    I cant stop playing this game! This could be the game that can bring up cube sales. Anyone who considers themselves a gamers should own and FINISH this game!
  51. RyanB.
    Jan 20, 2005
    This is the best game ever. Leroy go... You dont have taste in games.
  52. TristanL.
    Jan 30, 2005
    Unbelievably good. So good I'm playing it non-stop and I'm a complete coward. Not far left now...
  53. Leafball
    Jan 4, 2005
    Umm what do you want? this re4 game will rock with better graphics than the ps2 version . This game is the best graphics game on the Gamecube so far! the demo rocks a lot i cant stop playing it!
  54. ChrisC.
    Feb 1, 2005
    This is the best and most intense action game I have ever played!
  55. StephenC.
    Feb 10, 2005
    This game deserves a perfect 10 as it kicks maximum ass jumping through windows kicking zombies in the face what more can you ask for oh yeah you cant forget the main piont of the iz da BIG GUNZ oh yeah can it get any better.
  56. JoseK.
    Feb 16, 2005
    este juego es muy bueno, pero lo que no mem gusta es la portada NTSC la PAL esta mucho mas guapa, eso americanos os pasa por tenerlo antes, jejeje. Pues nada espero que la gente se de cuenta que la GC es muy buena consola y esta desaprovechada por los usuarios. Pues nadaamigos americanos comprad mas Cubes, good bye
  57. dgfaking
    Feb 1, 2005
    Finally, Capcom has decided to change the RE formula and the results are phenomenal. No word other than "unbelievable" can be used for the graphics. They're just about as good as those of "Doom 3" and close to those of "Half-Life 2." But the gameplay is way better than "Doom 3," which depends on the environment for scare tactics. "Resident Evil 4" uses AI and good controls (in an RE Finally, Capcom has decided to change the RE formula and the results are phenomenal. No word other than "unbelievable" can be used for the graphics. They're just about as good as those of "Doom 3" and close to those of "Half-Life 2." But the gameplay is way better than "Doom 3," which depends on the environment for scare tactics. "Resident Evil 4" uses AI and good controls (in an RE game, are you getting this?), which results in a more fun, yet terrorizing experience. Also, the bosses are amazing. The first boss is more intense than last bosses in most other games. Additionaly, the sound is excellent. Hearing the sounds of the villagers and some of the enemies later in the game is chilling. This is the best game on GameCube, and one of the best games of all time. Expand
  58. DaveF.
    Feb 21, 2005
    One of the best games I ever played. Definitely my favourite of game of 2005 ... and probably for years to come. Silent Hill may be scarier but when it comes to gameplay, storytelling, graphics and all the other things that makes a game great this little gem blows the competition out of the water. If this means Capcom means by re-invented they may re-invent whatever they like in the One of the best games I ever played. Definitely my favourite of game of 2005 ... and probably for years to come. Silent Hill may be scarier but when it comes to gameplay, storytelling, graphics and all the other things that makes a game great this little gem blows the competition out of the water. If this means Capcom means by re-invented they may re-invent whatever they like in the future :-) Together with Eternal Darkness (also on Gamecube) this will go in history as the greatest survival adventure games ever made in my opinion. Expand
  59. KevinH.
    Feb 20, 2005
    What can be more fun than having your head chopped of from an insane, chainsaw-bearing villager?
  60. SebastianR.
    Feb 24, 2005
    Best game this year by far. people think that if the new zelda game comes out it will be the 2005 game of the year winner but there is no chance.
  61. LickerG.
    Feb 26, 2005
    The creator of the game damn! genuis this game is not ready yet to release in public it's a advance game this should be on 2007.
  62. Chris
    Feb 26, 2005
    This is probaly the best game (except for of course, ocarina of time) game I have ever played. The feel and and control are great, the sound and graphics are mind blowing and the story line is worthy of an oscar. The only thing I was disapointed in was the final boss battle and the lack of a strafe. Those are minor details. Do not wait for the ps2 version, buy a gamecube and buy this now!
  63. SebastianV.
    Feb 4, 2005
    It´s a great game!
  64. AaronB
    Feb 4, 2005
    Blew me away. Saw it at a friends house. Went out the next day and bought a gamecube just for this. (have owned a cube before but sold it due to too many average games). Haven't turned my xbox on since- the mercenaries bonus games opened up at the end are awesome also. I also love how I can play through again with all the inventory from the first time round. I'm going to keep Blew me away. Saw it at a friends house. Went out the next day and bought a gamecube just for this. (have owned a cube before but sold it due to too many average games). Haven't turned my xbox on since- the mercenaries bonus games opened up at the end are awesome also. I also love how I can play through again with all the inventory from the first time round. I'm going to keep playing it until I get my bloodied hands on that infinite rocket launcher. It's really intense when playing in PROFESSIONAL MODE also. There is so much replayability that its makes me smile. It took me 34 hrs to play through the first time- well worth every penny. And then there's Legend of Zelda coming also - SAY NO MORE !!!! My cheeks are hurting from smiling for 34hrs. Expand
  65. Mikaila
    Feb 8, 2005
    Gorgeous, gorgeous game. You will never have a gaming experience quite like it; you can expect other games mimicking every aspect of its gameplay. After being lured away from the Resident Evil universe by scarier series like Fatal Frame and Silent Hill, it's gratifying for me to see the originator back at the top of the heap. While the aforementioned games rely on creepy visuals and Gorgeous, gorgeous game. You will never have a gaming experience quite like it; you can expect other games mimicking every aspect of its gameplay. After being lured away from the Resident Evil universe by scarier series like Fatal Frame and Silent Hill, it's gratifying for me to see the originator back at the top of the heap. While the aforementioned games rely on creepy visuals and traditional "boo!" scares, RE4 skews to a more visceral scare tactic: it will make you think that everything--including the castle curtains--is trying to kill you. The story is intriguing and will make you play throughout the whole game just to see how it all turns out; the ending has a lot of loose ends, but that's forgivable because it's obvious that Capcom wanted to leave room for a sequel (though I can't imagine how they can top this one). Really, every negative I can think of seems like nitpicking--this game is really that good. Well worth getting a Gamecube for. Expand
  66. SolidSnake
    Feb 8, 2005
    This is the best resident evil game in the whole f....in world!!!!!
  67. FabioG.
    Mar 1, 2005
    E um jogo espetacular nuca vi nada igual.
  68. Der
    Mar 29, 2005
    This game is amazing. where else can you find such a combination of game play, atmosphere, and controls? yeah, it's got some scare moments, but those are because the game genuinely takes the player in, not because it insults your ego to jump.
  69. GanadosP.
    Mar 3, 2005
    My freinds: we are in the future.
  70. PatL.
    Mar 8, 2005
    Amazing, graphics, story, action. The only slight, tiny problem was the stop and shoot, but that wasn't a big deal.
  71. ShravanM.
    Apr 1, 2005
    This game has made me a resident evil fan. I thought resident evil 4 would disappoint like the other recent RE games. I was so wrong, it astounds me now.
  72. AndrewS.
    Apr 11, 2005
    It's simply the best game that i've ever seen and played! Great great great!!! Amazing under any point of view! History of video gaming pass through this game!
  73. TimothyC.
    Apr 12, 2005
    I bought this for my GF and she loves it, and so she told me about it and I play it at her house and its an awesome game, I see nothing wrong with it, its challenging, kinda hair raising, and very interesting.
  74. AbrahamI.
    Apr 14, 2005
    Cause it has really sick graphics and its really fun to play.
  75. J.D.Wells
    Apr 10, 2005
    I really enjoyed the RE 1 remake on GCN. This is however a pretty good game for what "it" is. People like to compare so I am trying to show why I think so in my opinion. A lot of people don't like the old way but I am a visual nut, RE 1 remake is beautiful. This game is just shy of beautiful. Lots of jaggies and minus a lot of needed bumpmapping. Most things are drawn to look like I really enjoyed the RE 1 remake on GCN. This is however a pretty good game for what "it" is. People like to compare so I am trying to show why I think so in my opinion. A lot of people don't like the old way but I am a visual nut, RE 1 remake is beautiful. This game is just shy of beautiful. Lots of jaggies and minus a lot of needed bumpmapping. Most things are drawn to look like they have depth. But the gameplay, bosses and innovative new way to play makes it high on my list. Not better than RE 1 just different in my opinion. FYI, for those who play it smart, like me, the lack of an unending box to put quipment in is annoying. I overflowed through most of the game and had to sell a lot when I wish I didn't have to. Expand
  76. Dakidski
    Apr 2, 2005
    I HATE THIS GAME! After playing it, there is no reason to play other games at all... All other games are obsolete.
  77. Afrodude
    Apr 30, 2005
    Keeps you on the edge of your seat for hours.
  78. BrianD.
    Apr 3, 2005
    This is the best game made in the last 6 years.
  79. MichaelE.
    Apr 8, 2005
    Best game on Gamecube. Leon is the perfect agent for this mission.
  80. MarkS.
    May 13, 2005
    Teh pwner game ever!
  81. RobbyF.
    Jun 20, 2005
    Best game ever !!!!! (But what about the poor zombies who are now j jobless)
  82. JonD.
    Jun 8, 2005
    One of the best games for gamecube. The graphics are great and the gameplay is so much better than the other resident evil games.
  83. TommyC.
    Jul 5, 2005
    Awesome game! If you're a gamecube owner and you're caught without this game, I will personally hunt you down and force you to get it. This is one of the best games IMO to ever exist, superb graphics, gameplay, and expansion to the Resident Evil series plot, what more do you want? Good move, Capcom.
  84. ChristianF.
    Jul 5, 2005
    Quite simply the best Resident Evil game, and therefore the best horror game ever made. I'm on my 4th round and it stil captivates. Gives the Gamecube a credibility Mario could only dream of.
  85. CrimsonH.
    Jul 5, 2005
    "I mean how many games are there with a guy with a potato sack over his head and has a chainsaw." - AJ Marsden haha so true. i could go on forever describing how DAMN GOOD this game is but instead i'll just use one word to describe it... "Masterpiece"
  86. AlexW.
    Aug 7, 2005
    Wow... just wow... this game is ****ign awesome!! i loved it, the bosses are great... wow.
  87. MichaelD.
    Sep 6, 2005
    This is the best game ever made!!!
  88. SpencerH.
    Nov 8, 2006
    This game is superb, an excellent example of what a truly great game is.
  89. Derek
    Dec 24, 2006
    After 5 years of hard work, Capcom releases Resident Evil 4, the anticipated sequel towards the series. But this game takes the series in a whole new direction. It doesn't matter if you are a hardcore Resident Evil fan or never played any Resident Evil game before. This is a hardcore, blood pumping, action packed game and if you can stomach the bloody gore, this will be one of the After 5 years of hard work, Capcom releases Resident Evil 4, the anticipated sequel towards the series. But this game takes the series in a whole new direction. It doesn't matter if you are a hardcore Resident Evil fan or never played any Resident Evil game before. This is a hardcore, blood pumping, action packed game and if you can stomach the bloody gore, this will be one of the best games you have ever played in your entire life. Leon Scott Kennedy, a wise-cracking government agent from Resident Evil 2 goes to a mysterious island where the president's daughter, Ashley, is being held captive. As he goes there, he meets people who have the urge to kill foreigners, but seem like they don't have a mind of their own. Though they are not zombies and there are no zombies in this game, these enemies are twice as intellegent as those rusted zombies. That brings me to my next point. The enemies are extremely intellegent and it's really hard to look and them and say someone programmed them. The enemies carry plenty of weapons such as spears, axes, pitchforks, dynamites, scythes, swords, chainsaws, miniguns, They can sidestep and change their speed level to make themselves unpredictible to the player. The enemies have a wide range of diologue and can think on their feet as well as counteract against many of the things your player does. Many of you may question why this was given a 10. Simply because it is perfect. It has everything a person could ever want in a shooting game. The weapon arsenal includes many things such as Hand Grenades, Flash Grenades, Handguns, Shotguns, Rocket Launchers, Magnums, Combat Knives, Chigaco Typewriter, Rocket Launchers, TMP's, and plenty more. The controls of this shooter are refined for the better. You aim with the right trigger and shoot with the X,A button. You sprint with the Square,B button and pull out your knife with the left trigger. The Triangle,Y button lets you edit your inventory. The controls may seem a bit clunky at first, but when adapted, these will be the best controls possible. The save points in this game are frequent and no matter where you are, there is always a save point available for you. The game knows exactly what items and how much items to give you at what time. In this game, your object is to protect Ashley, so making sure she doesn't get killed while playing this game will make circumstances tougher. The gameplay differs from many other cookie cutter shooters. You store guns, but it's size, not by it's quantity. Resident Evil 4 uses laser point precision target aiming to aim for enemies. The puzzles are challenging and are a nice break from shooting and button mashing scence are great to get the adreneline flowing. This game is not to hard or not to easy, but you can always set a challenge for yourself. There are two versions (Gamecube and Playstation 2). Playstation 2 has 2 new guns, a brand new set of costumes, and another mini-game. The Gamecube has better detailed and higher defenition graphics and lower loading times. Take your pick, but Gamecube really has what matters. This is a game which will never get old and will be fun to beat at least 3-10 times. There are mini-games to play and things to unlock. People have been debating about the lack of multiplayer or online play, but the game is fine how it is and 50+ hours of single play is better than a couple hours of multiplay. In this game you will raid castles, defeat giants, burst villagers, explore islands, and do countless other things. You may be skeptical about all the hype this game has been receiving, but go ahead and buy this copy if you want a nice action thrill to get your day going. This is a game which will leave a giant dent in the current generation and even if that dent fades, the dent will always be there. Expand
  90. NikolaosL.
    Feb 2, 2006
    I think that of most of these people who rated this game with something less than a zero, no one has a Game Cube. The game is brilliant and it is a shame that capcom does not continue the Nintendo / Capcom inclusive deal. Many games then would be better!
  91. LeonK.
    Mar 20, 2006
    Perfect game.
  92. ArthurJ.
    Mar 4, 2006
    This Is one of the most action-packed Resident evil Games Out there. I love the Bosses and the Weapons and the whole story itself.
  93. RandyM.
    Jul 17, 2006
    Resident Evil 4.....wow. This is the game that got me into the horror genre. I love getting scared now. This is the first horror game I picked up. And I loved it. This game is frighteningly spectacular. With simple controls, insane boss fights, and very clever enemies. This game is a true masterpiece and cannot be missed.
  94. RyanD.
    Jul 30, 2006
    Resident Evil 4 is the best game i have played for a while. Personally i think you should make them as scary as possible. example: (Cold Fear)the video game.
  95. AJPowell
    Aug 3, 2006
    WOW, in my opinion the greatest game ever made on any console. I love the action, the story, the sound, the graphics, everything! This game also has one of the greatest replay values ever. If you have a gamecube or playstation 2, you must own this game. Its worth every penny.
  96. JasonC.
    Jun 14, 2007
    Quite possibly the greatest video game ever. They took a franchise that was already great, changed almost everything, and it's better than ever. The interactive cut scenes are intense and a nice touch.
  97. ThomasK.
    Jul 2, 2007
    First I'ld like to point out that Pippin B. is the biggest idiot ever and that you don't need to reload when running because the guns reload quite fast and the enemies are usually slow. Also, who cares if he can do crazy flips, it's a game and it just makes it more exciting!
  98. ZohaibA.
    Jul 30, 2007
    This is probably the only game i've played more than two times. One of the most fun games i've ever played and THE best (not the scariest) Resident Evil game. The action was very intense. However it wasn't that scary which disappointed me, but the gameplay made up for that.
  99. BenB.
    Jul 9, 2007
    A Masterpiece of the video game genre. A must have for any fan.
  100. DavidV.
    Sep 30, 2007
    By far the best video game for Gamecube I've played. It was exciting, addictive, and extremely fun.

#1 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2005
#1 Most Shared GameCube Game of 2005

1. Weekly Famitsu
    10 / 9 / 9 / 10 - 38 platinum [Jan 2005]
  2. Simply put, Resident Evil 4 is the tightest, most accessible game in the series and one of the best games out there.
  3. Magnificent. It's a terrific, if tardy, showcase for the GameCube, and it's every bit as worthy as the Halos, the GTAs, and the MGSes of this generation. This is a stunning return to form. (Happy Trails, GMR staff!) [Feb 2005]