9.5

1. Dec 30, 2010
    this is one of the few games that surpased the hype it had . i knew it was gona be great but wow not this damn great . this game was the only reason i bought a Gamecube and it was money well spent. the controls are solid and no more bad camera angles as it switches to the 3rd person mode . a great gun slection with upgradable guns . the action is top notch i mean i was grining ear to ear playing this game . i must have beatin this game around 100x since the day it came out and i will still pop it in from time to time and play it again. the boss fights simply put are EPIC and some of the best in gaming history . the only down side to this game is story wise its abit holey i felt some things like krouser and his past with leon where not explained well at all and the puzzle set up was way way easy it took no brains to figure them out. still though the thrill ride this game provides is second to none. Expand
  2. Jan 4, 2011

Metroid Prime (Trilogy)
    Banjo-Kazooie
    Resident Evil 4
    Tetris DS
    Words with Friends (Scrabble)
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Mike Tysonâ
  3. Feb 7, 2014
    Best resident evil I've played. Action, suspense and thrilling scares and excitement all the way. Gritty and immersive, even the OTT bosses fights fit this amazingly atmospheric world that Capcom have built. Play this.
  4. Sep 20, 2011
    THE best action game of all-time. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  5. May 27, 2011
    Ever changing environment, a unique storage system, and REAL action commands, RE4 has definitely been a trademark to horror games now. This game is surprisingly forgiving to even new players getting into RE (including me) when you first start off, as most would say you can die easily when playing the RE series.
  6. Sep 10, 2011
    Resident Evil has never been a franchise I've been that interested in, except for this one, since I'd been seeing it on so many best games of the decade and GameCube lists so i got it a game store for 5 bucks and got home played it, and is now one of the best games I've ever played
  7. Nov 14, 2011
    A Masterpiece in gaming , Capcom I salute you for this amazing game.I have never been through a 1 player game so many times , Would love something like this to turn up again with a new look, story and multiplayer online.but nevermind i can safely say this hasn't been beaten yet in my honest opinnion:) Bar zelda ofcourse ,ocarina of time :) 10/10
  8. Jan 21, 2012
    I've completed this game 3 times since it first came out, and each time has been thoroughly enjoyable. See, it's one of those games that is so deep, so diverse in its environments, that you enjoy something new about it each time through. I remember the first time playing it thinking..ok...I bet it's about to end, only for it to continue on chapter after chapter. That's a good thing because this is a great game!

The graphics are amazing for 2005 on the gamecube. The environments, as mentioned previously, are incredibly diverse. One scene you're outdoors in a rundown village and the next you're fighting your way through an enormous stone castle. It's a nice mix of creepy survival horror and traditional RE-style turret (stop and shoot) 3rd person shooter. There's plenty to kill alright, but you also have a fair share of puzzles to solve. I gave this a 10 but would, given the opportunity, score it a 9.8. Why shave the .2 points? Cheapness. As in, you are guaranteed to DIE a few times due surprise button-mashing combo sequences you don't see coming. First time thru without a walkthrough telling you what's coming up? Prepared to be frustrated a bit by this--and resign yourself to some cheap deaths. Outside of that, it should be a fun ride.
  9. Feb 16, 2012
    Simply, Resident Evil 4 is the greatest video game of all time. I personally have put more time in this game than all other games I've played, put together, and multiplied by 100. I've beaten Resident Evil 4 around 70 to 75 times, and I'll tell you why. Resident Evil 4 is strong, simple, and does everything that it wants to do perfectly. The problem with most games is that they focus lesser than they need to on CORE gameplay. The greatest video games ever do some things perfect, and nothing more. Resident Evil 4 is simply addictive because it's focused greatly on what makes a game a game: putting you into a moment and making it as on edge and smooth as possible to invest you and get your attention. RE4 has very little things to do regarding the controls. You have the sticks to move (the right stick moves the camera and is virtually useless), you have a button to aim, a button to shoot whence you aim, a button to knife, a button whence held moves you into a jog, and your standard all around action button. See, whence Capcom created this game they spent less time on features, and more time on making the game's simple gameplay absolutely perfect. I've beaten the game as much as I've had and I've yet to even think about the control scheme, movement and flow of the action until now. There is nothing to say about it, it's just simply perfect. Controls aside, the game forces you into itself. What makes a game good or bad is it's ability to make any moment an exciting one. In RE4 there are no dull moments. You are alone the majority of the game, beside a couple moments (one where you are hold up in a village house and are bombarded by masses of enemies, and another where you are aided by helicopter fire), and there are always enough enemies to go around. RE4 focuses on pushing as many enemies toward you at once in order to test your ability to survive. I can tell you right now that there is no other game that you'll play that is as on edge as this game. This game scares you to death, and not in the case of gimmicky monsters, but pure intensity. The game also has it's fare share of great boss battles, all different and puzzling, and not in the typical boss battle fashion of shooting a clearly indicated hot spot. All the enemies in this game are well varied and equally entertaining to fight. Aside from gameplay, the game is amazing to look at. Every environment is dark and well atmospheric. The graphics were some of the best on the 6th generation of consoles, and are still to this day great to look at. The story is cheesy, but you get invested in it's chessyness. They did a fantastic job of allowing some to get invested in it's gimmicks, and for others to get a good laugh out of. There's just not much to say about this game; it runs without a flaw, it's systems are perfect, it's graphics are great, it's story is well entertaining. This game has been spread across, I believe seven consoles, and for understandable reasons. Personally I believe the Gamecube version is the best, but if you own an Xbox 360, PS3, PS2 etc. you also have a chance to obtain and play this masterpiece of entertainment history. Expand
  10. Nov 11, 2012
    One of the best games of all time. Controls: I've noticed a lot of people complain about tank controls... well if the game didn't have tank controls it wouldn't be as scary, is operation raccoon city/ re6 scary? Horror: The game isn't completely horror but it has quite a few moments that satisfy. Regenerators, iron maidens, garradors, novistadors, most boss fights, those enemies really do the job. On the other hand there are action moments, like the fight with krauser. These moments, even though they weren't horror, were really fun. Gameplay: The best thing about this game is the use of environments to take out enemies and the use of environments the enemies use to take you out. For example, you use ladders, doors, and explosive barrels on most enemies and bosses. On the other hand the enemies place bear traps in dark places, behind something to jump over, in tall grass, or in sand, they use high ground, they use giant boulders, etc. Speaking of boulders, QTE. This game is the perfect example of when it is appropriate to use QTE. QTE are used in CUTSCENES, and used sparingly in gameplay. The AI. A lot of people give Ashley crap, but her AI is better than any AI I have ever seen, maybe because her job is simple, but that's a good thing, whenever designers feel the need to add people to the combat aspect of gameplay, they fail. There are many examples of this across gaming. Halo ODST has invincible allies, sheva in re5 is a failure, the AI in re6 is a failure, it ruins the fun. Ashley will do exactly what you want to her do, hide, follow, wait. And that is all you need from her. She is an unarmed person, she can't fight, her role in the game is for YOU to protect her and if you complain about her dying then you just aren't playing the game good enough!

This game is quite possibly my favorite game of all time. It most definitely makes top 5.
  11. Sep 13, 2012
    One of the best games ever made, in my opinion. Survival horror at its very best. I must have beaten this one 50 times between all the systems and replays. The replayability is amazing with new game+. I enjoyed every playthrough of this game. I'm not sure how to explain it but the game is just fun every time. The first time through it also manages to be scary at certain parts due to the setting and the fear that you may not be able to handle the next group of enemies. If you keep replaying it you can go through with overpowered weapons and it becomes fun in a different way, more like an action game, its almost an entirely different experience on newgame+. All around AMAZING game, one of the best ever made of any genre. If you havent played it pick up RE4HD on 360 or PS3 market place, or pick up an old copy for whatever system you have lying around. Expand
  12. 4DI
    Nov 13, 2012
    an atmospheric and revolutionary game that surpasses every other game within the survival horror genre ti'll this day.
    My only complaint about RE4 is the lack of a quick select for weapons and items.(instead of pausing for the inventory)
    but it's all because of the gamecube controller's limitations.
    so
  13. Jul 10, 2013
    honestly whoever gives this game anything lower than a seven is obviously blind when it comes to seeing what a great game is. this is one of the best games i have ever played.
  14. Dec 12, 2012
    J'ai adoré cet épisode; j'y rejoue encore de temps à autre et il est encore aujourd'hui excellent. Un must have que ce soit sur PS2 ou GC/wii surtout qu'il est possible de l'avoir a petit prix; bref foncez.
  15. Jun 9, 2013
    Great premise, creative creature design, memorable deaths, creepy atmosphere and incredibly fun, precise mechanics, Resident Evil 4 was where Capcom took a risk with IP to only prevail, expanding survival horror into an area once thought of as incompatible: action. The potential for this to be a misstep was enormous, as exhibited with Resident Evil 6 the most in a sad copy of RE4's success, but RE6 revolutionized the new field where it emerged, action, along with propelled the whole of survival horror into a new dimension of playability. Expand
  16. Mar 11, 2013
    This game flawlessly redefined the genre without straying too far from its survival horror roots. When I look back at my childhood, this is definitely one of the games I instantly think about. There's such a great atmosphere, and it proves to be genuinely scary. The fact that you have a liability the entire time just makes the game that much harder and more enjoyable.
  17. May 6, 2013
    A dia de hoy sigue siendo ejemplo de como un titulo puede envejecer como un buen vino. A los mas clasicos puede no gustarle pero pese a quien le pese y Resident Evil 4 junto a Resident Evil 2 y Remake son autenticas obras maestras y los mejores titulos de esta mitica franquicia de Shinji Mikami
  18. Aug 8, 2013
    Resident Evil 4 is my favorite game of all time. The scariness of foreign mindless zombies that you can't understand plotting to eat your brains are scary enough without the parasitic things popping out of their heads. The most perfect gaming experience I have ever experienced.
  19. Aug 22, 2013
    Un des meilleurs jeux-vidéos auquel j'ai pu joué Une réalisation impeccable, une immersion immédiate et un gameplay jouissif Je suis un gamer depuis plus de 20 ans et Dieu sait le nombre de jeux que j'ai pu tâter J'ai fini ce jeu 3 fois, et toujours avec le même plaisir
  20. Aug 30, 2013
    One of the greatest games ever created. I was not a fan of the Resident Evil series until this game. I was blown away on every level imaginable. Nothing short of a stroke of genius.
  21. Sep 30, 2013
    One of the best game ever made, and probably the best of the franchise, it's a Masterpiece.
  22. Oct 18, 2013
    a masterpiece of the resident evil franchise
    a masterpiece of nintendo and capcom
    an innovative game of action and survival horror
    an excellent gameplay,an exciting story and the best...
    a brave hero
    LEON KENNEDY FOR SMASH BROS!!!!
  23. Jan 2, 2014
    This game is pure brilliance. So simple yet so great. For those who think there are no minigames or anything other than the main quest line, you have to actually complete the game to get there. Anyway, this is one of those games that, if I was allowed to only play five video games for the rest of my life, would make the cut. This game has the greatest bosses of any game that will ever come out. The early bosses are even better than the vast majority of final bosses in most games. A true masterpiece. GO BUY THIS GAME. Expand
  24. Dec 17, 2013
    Undoubtedly one of the best games I've ever played. The graphics are spectacular, the gameplay is seamless, and for a good percentage of the game it's legitimately scary. This game succeeds as both an action and horror game. The storytelling is outstanding, and I care about the characters.
  25. Dec 7, 2013
    El juego perfecto, con una historia bien fundamentada y larga, monstruos increíbles y únicos. No es tan fácil pasarlo y lo mejor de todo es que te dan ganas de jugarlo de nuevo. Un 10 para este maravilloso juego.
  26. Dec 29, 2013
    Truly a legendary game. Not only is it insanely good, but it inspired nearly every other shooter afterward. If only the series could capture this type of story and environment again...

Easiest 10/10 i've ever given.
  27. Feb 25, 2014
    Simply, one of the fifteen best video-games of all time; and one my three favourites video-games.

I've to assume that the script was quite bad because it has some story failures and the reflection of Spain is simply absurd; but we've to think that it's a Japanese game, told as an USA game, so it's acceptable.

About the technical section, considering the year it was released, I could
    say that is technically one of the best games ever made. The mechanics can become a little bit uncomfortable sometimes, but they're wonderful. It has also a great design of levels, enemies and characters.

In terms of gameplay, for me it is the best game out there in this century. It's highly creative, well thought out, the tense moments occur at appropriate times, excellent amount of ammunition, and the soundtrack complements all this dramatically. Ladies and gentlemen, this is the ultimate gaming experience.

We have to be critics, so we shouldn't give 10 to all video-games that we like, but this one deserves it.
  28. Nov 30, 2013
    I know It's late to review this, but screw it: RE4 is both considered the "last" good resident evil, or the "first" fail in the franchise.

In my opinion, this is a great merge from both the original series and a new style, and simply because it has still the atmosphere of the first games, but without being too sluggish on the movement. Sure, it's more action packed and that wasn't what
    RE was about, but the monsters, the atmosphere, and the feeling was STILL similar to the original RE.

Few examples are the monsters, which are still some of the most scary and also varied monsters in the game (the Regeneradores are the creepiest ever), with maybe the ganados being not the usual sluggish zombie, but an intelligent one that can also use weapons...well the solution already came up: they are not zombies, but real people infected with the virus, and the fact that they can use weapons also means a bigger threat. Luckily they aren't the only monsters, or it would have been far worse, but they were creepy, very dangerous and, unlike zombies, they could easily reach you through ladders, doors, windows, everywhere.

Zombies wouldn't do that...except maybe a few (RE1?)

Second: the game has still a RE feel, and by feel I mean it's dark, dirty, gorey and very "gothic" in a way, and still gives you the impression of being trapped despite being in a very large village (if anything, only RE1 managed to get the dark and gothic feeling, while RE2 and RE3 tend to be more modern but gorey). Infact, newest installments fails on that because they don't use the same atmosphere (RE5 is set IN THE LIGHT, while RE6 is too modern, and also more action packed).

RE was about atmosphere, music, gore...and also tons of jumpscares: RE4 managed most of these components and added more action and more freedom of movement.

This is where a lot complain but, if I have to be honest, it feels good to be able to move more freely and to aim your shots.

I admit, I love the limited movements of the original games, but they were still pretty limited and frustrating, especially since most of the time you're supposed to be a soldier/cop, yet being unable to even aim your shots was kinda silly and so unnatural, and just aiming "up or down" wasn't enough(without mentioning being unable to move while aiming...although RE4 does that still).

In here, you actually got to aim specific parts and some enemies require aiming to be killed or some specific tactic that involve aiming in some parts (the previously mentioned Regeneradores are one) and it felt much more intringuing and involving like that. I'll still love how the original way is done, mostly for nostalgia moments, but RE4 still did some good improvements on the movements (minus some obvious exceptions).

In my opinion, this is the melting pot of the old and new RE: the old for its gothic (or just dark) atmosphere, and the new for better movements, more freedom of exploration, better controls and less constraints.

Of course I won't agree with some of the changes (being able to get ammo easily, selling stuff and etc), but I still think this is probably the last new/old RE we will ever get, as the newer games are going more for more action and less atmopshere.

Haters are gonna hate, but I think it's worth a check (maybe on other consoles, but this is the version I have).
  29. Jun 28, 2011
    By far the best RES game to date, so much better than RES 5. A gripping and horrifying game that will keep you guessing to the end, crazy boss fights and graphics that astounded everyone at the time. Lots of guns to collect and upgrade. The new camera scheme is a great change to the series. One of the best game on the console, BUT the controls are a little awkward like you cant run and shoot or reload while running but overall a great game. Expand
  30. Feb 28, 2013
    As a survival game with an intense atmosphere and great graphics, the moment you put RE 4 in the console it sucks you in and let you forget time and space.

1. 10 / 9 / 9 / 10 - 38 platinum [Jan 2005]
  2. Simply put, Resident Evil 4 is the tightest, most accessible game in the series and one of the best games out there.
  3. Magnificent. It's a terrific, if tardy, showcase for the GameCube, and it's every bit as worthy as the Halos, the GTAs, and the MGSes of this generation. This is a stunning return to form. (Happy Trails, GMR staff!) [Feb 2005]