The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time / Master Quest GameCube

8.9

1. mephist00
    Jul 3, 2006
    Zelda - Ocarina of time is one of the best rpg's ever, i love it, beat it 4 times, and will beat it once again sometime soon, probably.
  2. BennettR.
    Aug 4, 2003
    Great!
  3. Aaron
    Aug 21, 2003
    Master quest is kool I like it as much as I liked ocarina of time.
  4. LaneM.
    Mar 1, 2003
    Comments by critics that the graphics "show their age" are unfair, considering how ahead of their time those same graphics were in 1998. Would that more game developers focused on how fun a game is rather than its graphical detail.
  5. NiJones
    Apr 20, 2003
    Ocarina of time was a masterful game on the N64, and now with the improved graphics and the addition of the harder Master Quest, gamers will be given a new challenge. I thought I would have no problems with whizzing through the dungeons, but now the puzzles are harder. The graphics are crisper, and its putting the classic back onto a smoother handling console for new and old gamers alike Ocarina of time was a masterful game on the N64, and now with the improved graphics and the addition of the harder Master Quest, gamers will be given a new challenge. I thought I would have no problems with whizzing through the dungeons, but now the puzzles are harder. The graphics are crisper, and its putting the classic back onto a smoother handling console for new and old gamers alike to enjoy. Expand
  6. ZiggyStardust
    Apr 5, 2003
    I got rid of my n64 ocarina cart. this is definitely a nice freebie, especially if you haven't already played it. and for people who already played ocarina, we get the master quest. it's not as different as i was expecting but still nice.
  7. ErroneousSmith
    May 9, 2003
    Probably the best game in the world.
  8. FrancisC.
    Jun 20, 2003
    Undescribable! Utterly outstanding! If I could I would rate it 11/10. Impossible? I remember to this day the first time I played it and I fell in love with the Zelda Series. Immediately the beauty of the music, the fantasy of Hyrule, the adventures of Link. They did many things to me, but the best thing is that...I believe!
  9. DragonLord
    Jul 3, 2003
    The graphics dont matter. if you would play zelda 1, you will still like it. not because of the graphics but because of the game itself. the gameplay is the thing that matters!
    Feb 13, 2004
    This game is good. if you can't beat it then you don't understand the Zelda world.
  11. Rycku
    Mar 14, 2003
    The Space World demo of Link and Gandoff was put off. But Nintendo has anounced that the will being using that program of Link and Gandoff in Space World after Wind Waker!!! Actually there is two Zeldas coming out for the GC!! One is going to use the Adult look (from Space Word using the same program) and the other one will be cel shaded. Probly at E3 you'll here more about it.
  12. JoeB.
    Mar 18, 2003
    What game of yesteryear can honestly claim to stand the test of time and a generation later still be among the finest games available today?
  13. JRR.
    Mar 24, 2003
    It was the most exciting games ever that ever came out out of all the zelda games!!!!!
  14. Spiner
    Mar 5, 2003
    Zelda is the best game and always will be. I was freakn out when I heard that Ocarina of Time was coming out for the GC. I was going to buy a N64 just to play this game again. there is no price to high for this game that I would pay. Comparing this to Halo: Halo 2.5, Zelda 10. Comparing this to GTA: GTA 3.2, Zelda 10. The point is Zelda rocks all games.
  15. THeimminent26
    Mar 6, 2003
    I guess this game is a classic. One thing I think is funny is this is my 2nd to least favorite in the series and its considered the most revolutionary one of the bunch but whatever. Considering you get this pretty much free that makes it better. They were great then and they are still good now I just wish they changed more in the master quest. ..........Listen to Apt.26...................
  16. KeithM.
    Jun 19, 2003
    Pete Graphics can easily be outmatched by game play Ocarina of Time Was Procliamed the BEST video game ever so if u dont trust me trust the crtics this is a must have For ANYONE who plays video games even if u think the Zelda seris is complete crap.
  17. KeenanM.
    Jul 20, 2003
    Ocarina of time game toatally ROCKS!!!!('cept mq, wich sucks and my rating for it is:...0/10!!!!!!!!!)
  18. TimH.
    Sep 28, 2003
    Love, love LOVE! the game, but is it fair that a game that is essentially unavailable for most games be ranked so high on Metacritic? I mean its an N64 port, and is a great game, but if it isn't being marketed to the public should it really be on this list?
  19. NickF.
    May 25, 2004
    This was the very first time i ever played zelda. it was tight.
  20. MattT.
    Aug 12, 2004
    I may be a little biased when I say this, because Ocarina of Time for N64 happens to be one of my favorite games ever, but this game rawks. If you never played OoT, you NEED to get your hands on this game now. The Master Quest version is another reason to play this game a 2nd time... Or for me, 20th time.
  21. BrettH.
    Aug 2, 2004
    It rules!!!!!!!!!!
  22. SomeRandomer
    Aug 3, 2004
    I've started master quest, just after being inspired to go back and finish the orignal (from spirit temple onwards.) To be honest I don't think it's necessarily that much harder. I mean it's noticably harder yes but not too much! Just done forest temple, can't remember it being TOO different. Most differences in temples are just things have been moved around, I've started master quest, just after being inspired to go back and finish the orignal (from spirit temple onwards.) To be honest I don't think it's necessarily that much harder. I mean it's noticably harder yes but not too much! Just done forest temple, can't remember it being TOO different. Most differences in temples are just things have been moved around, don't be scared to play it, you don't lose more hearts or anything. Only differences to overworld are more enemies in strange places like the ranch (keese flying round there) You also have to go back for some skulltula tokens with the boomerang. ANYWAY it's still great, sorry for lengthy rating but some people were saying it was VERY hard. Expand
  23. Puffy
    Oct 21, 2005
    Totally awesome... i notice a lot reviews that say o the graphics are bad ..... there not up todays standers...... but the graphics are not bad....people are acting like its got atari 2600 grahics..what is wrong with them.... i own a ps2 n i have played smackdowns to spidermans to final fantasys to new crashes... the only real diffence is the resloution.... the grahics are prettyTotally awesome... i notice a lot reviews that say o the graphics are bad ..... there not up todays standers...... but the graphics are not bad....people are acting like its got atari 2600 grahics..what is wrong with them.... i own a ps2 n i have played smackdowns to spidermans to final fantasys to new crashes... the only real diffence is the resloution.... the grahics are pretty simular... ps2 grahics is a lil better but not much...this game has good grahics.....nothin wrong with them at all ... the challages are diffent that is for sure........... the sound is pretty dencent sure the charcters dotn talk but look at super mario world advance i wish i could turn the voices off sure navis hay listen can be agravting sometimes but it coudl be worse ..... right now im playin my n64 version of the game its great.. i have to still say the forest temple is my favorite temple that temple shows a good deslplay of grahics. water temple is hard enuff on n64 i havent played it on the masters quest but lord help me that one is goin to be a challage no doubt......this game is the greatest of all time for free how can u go wrong .. iif u have to buy the master quest off ebay its worth it . i get it ...... any game cube owner will be plzed if u own the n64 verison like i do hay what do u got to lose . i jsut get it n play it . u can always trade it at gamestop..... Expand
  24. JohnS.
    Mar 21, 2005
    If you ask me this is my favorite game of all times! I just love the gameplay and the story just pulled me in. I original played this on the N64 and couldn't put it down. Trust me if you love Action/Adventure you won't want to miss this game!
  25. SverreS.
    Sep 25, 2005
    Extremely cool! Can't imagine how different the Master Quest could be, but it's almost like a whole new game... :D
  26. GreekBoyAndrew
    Dec 15, 2003
    The original ocarina of time is outstanding. however doen't it get boring playing it over and over again! once you have played the original can you seriously be bothered to play the master quest! the master quest is 100 times as hard and is like a chore to complete! The games are not even on the market any more so why the hell are they on this list??!!
  27. Sha-nae-naeE.
    Apr 12, 2003
    Although the game has bad graphics, it has a good plot. It is also very challenging, which makes you keep playing it. The game rocks, like metalica!!!
  28. JaceK.
    Apr 16, 2003
    This game must be the best zelda game in history!
  29. KostasR.
    Apr 25, 2003
    When i played this game i couldnt believe how good it was plus with the bonus disc it was even better.
  30. PeteP.
    May 21, 2003
    The only thing that hurts this game is its age. The graphics are not to todays standards. It has a few flaws like constricted camera views, control, and graphics. Other than that this game is a must have for any Zelda fan.
  31. O.CERVANTES
    Jun 29, 2003
    Excellent.
  32. BraidenW.
    Oct 21, 2004
    This game bloody rules!!!!
  33. ShortyB.
    Apr 12, 2004
    I really enjoyed the first zelda game, but i haven't gotten to try the Master Quest yet (but im looking forward to it, the harder the challenge the better the game)
  34. TravisW.
    May 26, 2004
    This is the best game ever! no excuse. no way to compete.
  35. RobertLeonE.III
    Sep 23, 2004
    Aside from Ocarina of Time, Master Quest is proven to be a bit tougher than expected, but nonetheless, this game is challenging and AWESOME!!!
  36. CheryllV.
    Aug 19, 2005
    Its the best game i ever played! I loved it how the story was made and i never stopped playing it till when if finished the whole game!!!!
  37. Jan 31, 2011
    Though Master quest really didn't change all that much from the original, what did change was often made the game more challenging and entertaining. The biggest thing for this game though is the fact that it's on the gamecube. I really never liked the shape and feel like the n64 controller and also traded in the system and all my games for it (horrible idea!) quite a few years back soThough Master quest really didn't change all that much from the original, what did change was often made the game more challenging and entertaining. The biggest thing for this game though is the fact that it's on the gamecube. I really never liked the shape and feel like the n64 controller and also traded in the system and all my games for it (horrible idea!) quite a few years back so being able to pop it in and play it so many years later is really refreshing. I would give this a 10, but even this game isn't perfect. Expand
  38. May 26, 2012
    This game is great but not as good as everyone says it is probably due to the fact that I never grew up with this game and I started playing it in my teens. The game is really fun and the controls are solid and the graphics are pretty good for the time, but the game does not make me feel as excited as wind waker made me feel. The game is really good but not perfect, if I played this gameThis game is great but not as good as everyone says it is probably due to the fact that I never grew up with this game and I started playing it in my teens. The game is really fun and the controls are solid and the graphics are pretty good for the time, but the game does not make me feel as excited as wind waker made me feel. The game is really good but not perfect, if I played this game before any other 3d zelda games I would of probably gave this game a perfect rating as it would of felt new to me and not the familiar feeling I got while playing through it after I played every other 3d zelda game. 9.5/10 (metacritic will only let me give it a 9) Expand
  39. Jul 27, 2016
    This game is a great port of the Nintendo 64 classic and the Master Quest is an amazing plus! This game doesn't get a 10/10 for some reasons. This game is perfect!

#8 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2003
#49 Most Shared GameCube Game of 2003

1. Nintendo Power
    The story and game play are ever bit as interesting and compelling as they were when the game was originally released in 1998. [Mar 2003, p.134]
    It's the cream of the crop, it's the Halo, the GTA Vice City and the Half-Life 2 of Nintendo, and it's not to be missed.
  3. Although "Wind Waker" could be a huge disappointment, Zelda: Ocarina of Time / Master's Quest won't be.