8.8

1. Dec 18, 2010
    Nintendo have certainly kept their expectations high while creating this game, an amazing story line (as always) and a very well though out layout (dungeons and the Great Sea). The "Wind Waker" for me, ranks higher than the "Twilight Princess" and "Majora's Mask", and can't wait for the next game to be released ..

2. Nov 18, 2011
    Truly a gaming masterpiece, from art direction to simple yet very engrossing game play and design, this is one of Nintendo's masterpieces, and arguably the best Zelda game ever created.
  3. Nov 17, 2011
    How did i know this game would have a good rating, i guess you people have great taste. What a great game this is, not quite the perfect 10/10 Ocarina of Time, but that's just fine, this game is still a beauty and deserves a solid 9.8
  4. Nov 20, 2011
    This game is pure genius. Its fun for everyone and it just never gets old. nothing more to say really besides buy it if you get the chance as you wont regret it. :)
  5. Feb 28, 2012
    A amazing piece of work! I absolutely love this game. It is positively entertaining. On the downside it takes FOREVER to get to one island to the other. Overall a amazing game.
  6. Oct 7, 2012
    I think it's the best in the series; Best soundtrack, unique story(until TP), realistic characters, beautifully unique graphics, free camera range, greatest overworld, and a crap ton of extra content. I'm actually a bit disappointed in Nintendo for thinking they had to apologize by making Twilight Princess.
  7. Dec 30, 2012
    This is my favorite Zelda. Zelda is freakin' hott in this one, even if she looks like she's 12. Overall i'd say this game is super **** plus Zelda has nice ****
  8. Aug 3, 2013
    This game is one of the best gamecube games of all time. Better then Super Mario Sunshine, Animal Crossing, and Smash Bro. Melee. Link is a great ip and will always have new games just like Mario, but this game was out of left field. The game is all about going island to island in your boat called King of Red Lion. This was my favorite part of the game. Its just really awesome to be linkThis game is one of the best gamecube games of all time. Better then Super Mario Sunshine, Animal Crossing, and Smash Bro. Melee. Link is a great ip and will always have new games just like Mario, but this game was out of left field. The game is all about going island to island in your boat called King of Red Lion. This was my favorite part of the game. Its just really awesome to be link and know that no matter what direction you go in you will find something to do. There are a lot of items in game and each one has there own unique ability. Normal items that you see in every Link game like bombs and a bow an arrows are in this game but new items are out in the world that are great to look for. The music is great and matches the all around feel of the game, the graphics make the game more unique because its a more cartoon like. The Story is amazing because its about saving a princess and who doesn't like that story. In the end this is a must have and anyone who says other wise is lying to them self. Expand
  9. Jun 18, 2013
    I remember that I was one of the guys who thought the series was ruined by the art changes and decried as kiddy. Then I played it and it occurred to me that I was being petty and childish. The graphics and art style are fantastic, the gameplay and controls are not just some of the best in the Zelda series, but in gaming in general, and the story and dungeon design are some of the series finest.
  10. Mar 22, 2011
    first off the graphics much like every one where shunning when it was first shown (and rightfully so) are rancid dog crap . i dont know what nintendo was thinking going for this dorky saturday morning cartoon look . that aside you still have the solid zelda gameplay and puzzles . problem is its not near enough its just to short . looking at ocarana of time which was 40-60 hours this gamefirst off the graphics much like every one where shunning when it was first shown (and rightfully so) are rancid dog crap . i dont know what nintendo was thinking going for this dorky saturday morning cartoon look . that aside you still have the solid zelda gameplay and puzzles . problem is its not near enough its just to short . looking at ocarana of time which was 40-60 hours this game is easily beatin in 20 hours and yes thats not doing every thing in the game but a good chunck of it . you could toss in another 10 hours if you do and thats mainly do to all the sailing you will be doing . infact thats what you will be spending about 30% or more of your time doing ... sailing a boat ... it just doesnt have the magic that ocarana of time or prevous zelda games had but is still heald together by its core game play and puzzles . deffinitly not recommended for any one new to the zelda franchise and only the hardcore and i mean the very hardcore and thoose who can get past thoose pissy looking graphics . dont defend them look at twighlight princess .. thats how this game should have looked and it should have had more dungeons and alot less sailing. Expand
  11. Nov 15, 2012
    To be fair, I played through the game multiple times and finished the game twice. There are no flaws with the game that include gameplay, glitches, or anything bad. But there is one thing that has completely killed the mood of the game. It is the reason why my friends who borrow the game from me never finished it. The problem is the part where you are collecting the Triforce Shards.To be fair, I played through the game multiple times and finished the game twice. There are no flaws with the game that include gameplay, glitches, or anything bad. But there is one thing that has completely killed the mood of the game. It is the reason why my friends who borrow the game from me never finished it. The problem is the part where you are collecting the Triforce Shards. The task requires collecting about 3200 ruppies, 21 joy pendants, and collecting the triforce charts, decoding them with said ruppies, and then going out and fetching them. It took me forever to find out how to get into the Oasis for the last triforce chart. I can't believe I am saying this but at least in OOT Navi would give you a hint on where to go, sure she yells HEY way too much but at least she probably could have told me to go to outset island to start. This whole sequence with the shards ruin the experience and slows the game down, and it's very unfortunate because before this you were in 3 dungeons that reveal a lot and get you immersed in the game, but then this whole triforce shard part shows up and it's a complete buzzkill. Expand
  12. May 18, 2012
    So much memories here. I first played OoT and MM, yet I still love this. A lot of people didn't like the more childish approach. I disagree. The graphics are amazing, even skyward sword, 8 years later, doesn't look much better. But the STORY is what makes WW a masterpiece for me. 10/10
  13. Nov 16, 2010
    People should stop complaining about how bad the graphics are, they're actually really good. I didn't like how Link looked like an annoying little kid either, and the storyline is a bit immature but the gameplay is possibly the best there has ever been in Zelda. There are WAY more sidequests than in Ocarina of Time (and maybe even Majora's Mask) and the dungeons are a blast to playPeople should stop complaining about how bad the graphics are, they're actually really good. I didn't like how Link looked like an annoying little kid either, and the storyline is a bit immature but the gameplay is possibly the best there has ever been in Zelda. There are WAY more sidequests than in Ocarina of Time (and maybe even Majora's Mask) and the dungeons are a blast to play through, evne if they are a bit easy. Definitely worth your time. Expand
  14. May 27, 2011
    Pretty much one of the greatest games ever made and have always preferred this over any Zelda game, especially the fan favorite Ocarina of Time. Amazingly charming and beautiful graphics which still holds up to this day, perfect controls, excellent music, fantastic gameplay, absolutely epic story and a seemingly endless and satisfying lasting appeal. There is so much to do and explore inPretty much one of the greatest games ever made and have always preferred this over any Zelda game, especially the fan favorite Ocarina of Time. Amazingly charming and beautiful graphics which still holds up to this day, perfect controls, excellent music, fantastic gameplay, absolutely epic story and a seemingly endless and satisfying lasting appeal. There is so much to do and explore in this game and all your time spent playing is worth the hours. If you have a Gamecube or a Wii, do yourself a massive favour and buy it for yourself, your friends, your family and your pets. Expand
  15. Feb 8, 2014
    All praise to Nintendo for the creative art direction that really brings such character to this entry in the Zelda series. As always, the quality of gameplay and puzzling is high. The sailing will no doubt get on some people's nerves, but for me, it's all build up for the atmosphere. Play this
  16. Nov 21, 2010
    Zelda wind waker es de lo mejor, buena musica ,excelentes efectos , un arte deslumbrante ,una buena historia y sobre todo un zelda de pie a cabesa.
    Lo bueno es principalmente su arte y jugabilidad, deseño de personajes su fantastica banda sonora y sobre todo el ambiente que procrea zelda.
    Lo malo es que es un poco corto nada mas. En conclusion el mejor videojuego de game
    Lo malo es que es un poco corto nada mas.
    En conclusion el mejor videojuego de game cube que uno no puede dejar de jugar aunque ya sea muy antiguo sigue teniendo un enganche y grafica maravillosa
  17. Apr 7, 2012
    Wind Waker is a pretty much a perfect game that suddenly and unexpectedly shoots itself in the foot. The graphical style is a love-it-or-hate-it type of affair. I really fell on the former side of that argument. I think the visuals are super-cute, colorful and expressive. The general gameplay and dungeons are superb, bringing out all the best traits of the Zelda franchise: Tight controls,Wind Waker is a pretty much a perfect game that suddenly and unexpectedly shoots itself in the foot. The graphical style is a love-it-or-hate-it type of affair. I really fell on the former side of that argument. I think the visuals are super-cute, colorful and expressive. The general gameplay and dungeons are superb, bringing out all the best traits of the Zelda franchise: Tight controls, imaginative puzzle, spectacular bosses... Just perfect! Then... BANG!! You're sent off on a seemingly endless fetch-quest across the ocean, finding shards of the tri-force that have been hidden around the world. No more dungeons or bosses. Just you, your boat and a map. I know that actually sounds like fun, but it's really not. It's just busy work you have to suffer through to reach the finale. BUT ... When you finally do emerge from all that crap, you'll find that the end sequences and final boss of the game are truly unforgettable. So, just about worth holding out for. Expand
  18. Apr 26, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker isn't perfect, but it is as breathtakingly innovative and visually groundbreaking as any NGC game will ever be. Pros: A visually stellar balance of cartoonish design and 3-D environment; excellent controls, camera, and audio; thoroughly involving story; charming characters; lots of bosses, puzzles, and secrets. Cons: The sailing is beautiful at first,The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker isn't perfect, but it is as breathtakingly innovative and visually groundbreaking as any NGC game will ever be. Pros: A visually stellar balance of cartoonish design and 3-D environment; excellent controls, camera, and audio; thoroughly involving story; charming characters; lots of bosses, puzzles, and secrets. Cons: The sailing is beautiful at first, but remember, this is more than half of the game; more islands to explore would've been even better; needs a GBA and link cable to unlock ALL of the secrets. Expand
  19. Feb 2, 2012
    The graphics are gorgeous , very gorgeous from the beginning to the end . While some stupid Zelda fans cried foul over that , they are considered the thrash in this list full of positive reviews. It looks fresh , tantalizing, impressed and pleased that Nintendo did this bold movement. The gameplay and the exploration are the main themes here. Even the sound/music is beautiful.
  20. Jun 8, 2013
    The Legend of Zelda franchise is highly regarded in gaming circles with the Ocarina of Time regularly featuring near the top of 'Best Ever Game' lists. As a result The Wind Waker had a lot to live up to on release, fortunately Nintendo have yet again delivered.

Taking place 100 years after the classic N64 title The Wind Waker is arguably the most epic in the series to date. The game starts on Link's birthday as he is given the famous green outfit that every boy receives upon reaching a certain age. Before the celebrations are over however his sister is kidnapped and thus begins his quest. Players will soon notice that Hyrule has changed greatly in the past 100 years and following a great flood everyone is forced to travel by boat. Despite this the play mechanics are similar to its N64 predecessors with the islands dotted around the world acting as the usual dungeons with puzzles to solve and enemies to defeat.

Some of these dungeons are perhaps a little similar but a number of minor tweaks and improvements help to differentiate the game from others in the series. Control of Link is now far more intuitive and every action can be executed with a level of precision that even most modern games cannot match with the Gamecubes C-Stick now allowing for manual control of the camera helping to alleviate any line of sight problems. Combat is also improved with enemies offering visual clues as to their next attack allowing the player to react with cinematic attacks if they time there moves correctly.

A sense of scale is maintained throughout the game with players being able to travel virtually anyway right from the get go with only few areas being inaccessible for plot reasons. Travelling across the seas in your boat is for the most part an enjoyable experience with random enemy encounters keeping you on your toes. Strangely it is the Wind Waker instrument itself that is the biggest annoyance. Playing it changes the direction of the wind allowing link to sail in the desired direction but an animation sequence, that cannot be skipped, means this takes far longer than necessary and can be particularly irritating when you need to change direction two or three times to reach your destination.

It is easy to forget any minor problems however when given over twenty hours of gameplay and the best graphics of any game on the console (or most other consoles for that matter). The Wind Waker is an underrated gem in the Zelda series and well worth picking up on the Gamecube or Wii console.
  21. Jun 12, 2011
    When I saw the game's graphics I was pretty disappointed having grown up with OOT and MM, but I grew to accept it the instant I stared playing. This is one of the best Zelda games there is, and the animation actually works to invoke a certain emotional sense that previous games in the series didn't allow the characters to have. This really is a great game, and the story increases the loreWhen I saw the game's graphics I was pretty disappointed having grown up with OOT and MM, but I grew to accept it the instant I stared playing. This is one of the best Zelda games there is, and the animation actually works to invoke a certain emotional sense that previous games in the series didn't allow the characters to have. This really is a great game, and the story increases the lore of Hyrule and creates an entirely new world to explore. There's lots of great side-quests and a vast ocean to explore. There's very little not to do in this game, and you can't beat it in a matter of a few hours. This is a game that will take you a few days at the very least and is definitely worth buying. Expand
  22. Feb 26, 2013
    Great Zelda Game. I like the whole Idea with the Sea and the Sailing and everything else is top. In the beginning I wasn´t sure about Wind Waker because of the graphics but it turned out to be a great game.
  23. Jun 18, 2011
    Much better then I expected! Sure sailing around the ocean was tedious at times but it was part of what made the Wind Waker unique. The graphics and look of the game had it's ups and downs but it was still filled with predominately ups. Still a great game that I would recommend especially for fans of the Legend of Zelda series.
  24. Oct 31, 2011
    one of the best games ever!!!! on par with oot and mm but very diferent, i ve played this game for more than 100 h just finishing side quests imagine how BIG is this game, it also features AMAZING visuals clean sharp with great animation a superb draw distance.....masterpiece.......haters go fawk yourself
  25. May 19, 2012
    An epic game but could have been so much more. Less sailing would have been a lot more enjoyable and maybe better dungeons and richer story line. Saving your sister and bumping into Zelda is kind of strange. I did enjoy the art style very much though. Needed better items and better dungeons too.
  26. Nov 3, 2011
    Such a paramount piece of my childhood. i got this game back in 2003, shortly after its release, and was quickly addicted. To this day I love picking up the game with my college buddies and exploring the Great Sea. Great story, fantastic setting, unparalleled gameplay, and fantastic music.
  27. Nov 6, 2011
    Traveling through the Great Seas of Zelda Wind Waker shows that few games have ever had greater visuals. It is such a fun game that it made me forget about Ocarina of Time for a while. It deserves a 10 for many reasons, but none more than for its graphics and gameplay, which are amazing. It is better than Ocarina of Time in my opinion.
  28. Nov 12, 2011
    Wind Waker, the primary Zelda game in the Gamecube's lifespan, is one of the most unique Zelda games ever. Exploration is increased in this game, although you will find yourself in large patches of ocean that contain nothing a lot of the time. This time, Link transverses from point A to point B via boat over the Great Sea, instead of the land of Hyrule. The cel shaded graphics areWind Waker, the primary Zelda game in the Gamecube's lifespan, is one of the most unique Zelda games ever. Exploration is increased in this game, although you will find yourself in large patches of ocean that contain nothing a lot of the time. This time, Link transverses from point A to point B via boat over the Great Sea, instead of the land of Hyrule. The cel shaded graphics are gorgeous, definitely a smart choice by Nintendo. Wind Waker's story occurs 1000 years after Ocarina of Time, and expands on those events so effectively. It is so traditional Zelda, it gives me nostalgia shivers. The gameplay is as solid as ever, including a couple of additions to the swordplay like the parry attack, which is nice. The pacing in the game would be near perfect if it weren't for a very tedious collecting process close to the end of the game. The overworld design, despite some blankness is one of my favorites of the series. I actually feel like a sailor. If I could give this game a score between 9 and a 10 I would... specifically a score of 9.7. Expand
  29. Nov 14, 2011
    Every zelda game is great, they all just have feel to them that no other series can create, wind waker is simply magical. easily my favourite zelda, the vast ocean, is like i said: vast, with loads of little islands to explore, and hundreds of secrets to discover. what makes this zelda so much better than the others is the fantastic atmosphere it has, the cartoony cel shaded art style andEvery zelda game is great, they all just have feel to them that no other series can create, wind waker is simply magical. easily my favourite zelda, the vast ocean, is like i said: vast, with loads of little islands to explore, and hundreds of secrets to discover. what makes this zelda so much better than the others is the fantastic atmosphere it has, the cartoony cel shaded art style and fantastic music help create this but i can't help but think it would still have almost the same magic if it was sprite based and on the snes. all the characters in the game just ooze, well, character, and because of this you've got a permanent smile on your face while you play. sailing your ship across this huge ocean just feels infinitely more dramatic and exciting than running across the fields of OoT or TP. and there is a real fear of when you may actually be forced to fight while on the sea, your confined to the boat, which as a sail boat, has two settings: too fast or too slow for combat. this can make for some exiting battles but finding an island or submarine and climbing onto it to fight is ultimately more fun, luckily you'll get a cannon eventually, which means you wont just speed past most of the ocean enemies. i could waffle on about the game for hours but in the end, it's the same old zelda formula, and it's just as good as ever, and due to a fantastic game world, is the strongest entry in the series. Expand
  30. Nov 16, 2011
    The wind waker has a great storyline and fairly good character development. The sword fighting aspect is better than in any zelda so far and the new parry attack is a welcome addition to links move set. What is a let-down with this game is that part of the game was rushed to get it out for the fans. Instead of having two extra dungeons a tedious fetch quest which lasts for several hoursThe wind waker has a great storyline and fairly good character development. The sword fighting aspect is better than in any zelda so far and the new parry attack is a welcome addition to links move set. What is a let-down with this game is that part of the game was rushed to get it out for the fans. Instead of having two extra dungeons a tedious fetch quest which lasts for several hours was implemented, and quite frankly along with the tedious sailing around it spoiled the game. I had no fun playing it and it is the part I dread when I go to relay the game. The final boss was also a joke, he was far too easy and after being built up to be an uber powerful villain he ended up being a pushover. I also find that this game is not for a mainstream audience. The childish cartoony look is not only lacking detail (at some points the villains abnormally large nose is invisible) but does not appeal to the masses and I find it to be the least visually appealing in any 3d console zelda title. I will say that the dungeon music is bland, but the rest of the soundtrack is very good even if it is Midi. All in all worth a buy if you are a fan of Zelda, just not what I would say best represents the series. Expand

1. 10 / 10 / 10/ 10 - 40 platinum
    When one picks up the controller, the ability to step into that time and place (never more hauntingly beautiful than in this latest instalment) never loses its allure. Even the most hardened of cynics would have to admit that this title is something else entirely. It's the stuff of dreams. [JPN Import]
    Simply a stunning, magical game.