True Crime: Streets of LA GameCube

7.4

1. RichardW.
    Nov 5, 2003
    it should be given a 100 out of 10 as it is an unbeatable game at being fun and challanging and driving around la is good enough on its own without the missions.
  2. AlexP.
    Nov 8, 2003
    i think that this is a great game....I think that it is better the GTA series once you get all of the weapons. this is the best game i have ever played.
  3. RubenM.
    Jan 3, 2004
    I love this game. Its so cool!!!!!!! I like all the crimes that u have to stop and the missions.
  4. JockeyjoevanS.
    Nov 1, 2003
    True crime isn't a copy of GTA, True crime is what GTA tried to be! And since the GTA series are awesome games, well I think you can finish the rest.
  5. WilliamC.
    Nov 5, 2003
    Maybe its not Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, but if you haven't worn that title out, True Crime: Streets of L.A. is definitely worth a rental, maybe even purchasing, as i did. The story and trying to be a good cop (ie. arresting random crimes, etc.) are very engaging, but if you wanna pull a GTA and just go crazy, you will have a very good time also (if you have unlocked enough of the Maybe its not Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, but if you haven't worn that title out, True Crime: Streets of L.A. is definitely worth a rental, maybe even purchasing, as i did. The story and trying to be a good cop (ie. arresting random crimes, etc.) are very engaging, but if you wanna pull a GTA and just go crazy, you will have a very good time also (if you have unlocked enough of the special combos and weapons, you will have an even better time). Check this game out, at the very least, its already promised sequel will sure to be amazing, if the developer just improves on this already awesome game. Expand
  6. StefanF.
    Nov 8, 2003
    Very good i like the combintation reaaaaal much.
  7. TrevinS.
    Nov 8, 2003
    I loved this game its so fun to play and even watch sometimes. my mom even got mad at me because i was up all night playing it.
  8. RudyS.
    Jan 24, 2005
    This game is a dream for me. I have had game for almost a year but I only play the Snoop mode and drive around the city. I LOVE LA!
  9. 8u6u77777777u86
    Jan 26, 2004
    It's like vice city but the driving, gun fights and fighting is a lot better.
  10. Sep 17, 2012
    Its a very fun game that is worth playing if you are a fan of the open world genre. Its almost as good as GTA 3. The great things about this game include an excellent targeting system for precise shooting, a very accurate representation of L.A., nice graphics for 2003 standards, an occasional sense of humor, and a nice little story. There are even alternate endings for the game, which keepIts a very fun game that is worth playing if you are a fan of the open world genre. Its almost as good as GTA 3. The great things about this game include an excellent targeting system for precise shooting, a very accurate representation of L.A., nice graphics for 2003 standards, an occasional sense of humor, and a nice little story. There are even alternate endings for the game, which keep you playing longer. The not-so good things here include a few glitches, an occasional spike in difficulty, and not nearly as many missions as GTA 3. Overall though, you should enjoy it if you can get past a few technical issues. Expand
  11. Aug 13, 2015
    GTA clone? possibly but it had it's own vibe and style. Gun fughts were fun, dialogue was fun, it is a fun game. Great soundtrack with few but catchy songs and great graphics for it's time.

#20 Most Discussed GameCube Game of 2003

1. Play Magazine
    Not even the irreplaceable voice acting of Christopher Walken can rescue the mess of a script driving the action of True Crime, a misguided attempt to share the spotlight with the vastly superior "Grand Theft Auto." [Jan 2004, p.62]
  2. An extremely fun action game that manages to be a jack-of-all-trades without coming up short in any particular area. It lacks in depth and does have a number of technical issues, but it provides a few days of enjoyment that goes unmatched as far as cheap thrills go.
  3. Edge Magazine
    As a place, Los Angeles simply isn't as much fun as Liberty or Vice. Too much of this silicon LA exists simply because the designers wanted to show that it could be done rather than because it serves any gameplay purpose. [Christmas 2003, p.107]