Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition iOS

• Release Date: Dec 7, 2012
  • Also On: PC
7.5

1. Mar 15, 2013
    I have to say I'm new to this type of game. I never played DnD and didn't get into RPG games until 6 years after the original was released. This game is text heavy!!! Not that I'm complaining it is more of a warning. Prepare to read a lot... or skip a lot and find yourself lost. The controls work but aren't tight enough to be considered good. I find myself tapping and tapping andI have to say I'm new to this type of game. I never played DnD and didn't get into RPG games until 6 years after the original was released. This game is text heavy!!! Not that I'm complaining it is more of a warning. Prepare to read a lot... or skip a lot and find yourself lost. The controls work but aren't tight enough to be considered good. I find myself tapping and tapping and tapping to finally highlight one of my characters. IT IS ALSO EXTREMELY DIFFICULT. I consider myself to be an experienced gamer with over 2 decades of experience playing on the hard difficulty on most games. But this game, even on the easiest setting, is impossible to survive. I think I have accomplished in 7 hours what most people would complete in 2. Unless you are a DnD fan and enjoy stressful, highly strategic game play don't get this. Expand

1. Apr 1, 2013
    Play it on the PC if you haven't done so. If, like me, you're an old dude that has played this so many times you know almost everything by heart, you'll enjoy having it to take with you wherever you go.
  2. Feb 9, 2013
    It's a wonderful game, but the mod-friendly PC is original is the one to plump for. [March 2013, p.87]
  3. Jan 30, 2013
    A flawed but admirable port of a game that fundamentally isn't touch-friendly. If you're still on the fence, just know that this game requires commitment. There's gold here, but Baldur's Gate keeps its treasure for the dedicated and does not tolerate dabblers.