• Publisher: Beamdog
  • Release Date: Dec 7, 2012
  • Also On: PC
7.2

1. Dec 10, 2012
    A terrific rendition of a seminal RPG. Beamdog deserve an almighty thank you for raising the bar even higher on what can be achieved on today's IOS. Using the index finger may not the perfect interface but its pretty damn close much better than I expected - and I'm real fussy. I have the PC ver too but choose to play exclusively on my IPad. Its just better. The game is as brilliant and re-playable as it ever was and its barely crashed in over 8 hours of play. The save system is subtle and intuitive and the graphics and sound are exactly as they should be. There's weeks of play in here for like 7 quid. Wow. What more could you ask for? Amazing stuff. Just buy it and roll on BG II & Planescape Torment Expand
  2. Dec 14, 2012
    I've seen a lot of complaints about the controls, and although there are minor snags, I'm not unhappy with the state of the touch controls as-is. This is mostly due to the "peek" button that they've added, that serves to highlight all interact-able objects in the room. I do wish I could zoom in further to help with picking up small items (a single ring on the ground is pretty tough to "click" on currently), but it's not impossible or game breaking. Also, I'd go so far as to say the IGN review made it apparent that the reviewer either hadn't played through the entire game as he said, or somehow missed the "peek" button that was staring him in the face for 100 hours. All in all, I'm excited to play through the game again. The iPad adaptation is ABSOLUTELY worth the $10 price tag. Expand
  3. Mar 15, 2013
    I have to say I'm new to this type of game. I never played DnD and didn't get into RPG games until 6 years after the original was released. This game is text heavy!!! Not that I'm complaining it is more of a warning. Prepare to read a lot... or skip a lot and find yourself lost. The controls work but aren't tight enough to be considered good. I find myself tapping and tapping and tapping to finally highlight one of my characters. IT IS ALSO EXTREMELY DIFFICULT. I consider myself to be an experienced gamer with over 2 decades of experience playing on the hard difficulty on most games. But this game, even on the easiest setting, is impossible to survive. I think I have accomplished in 7 hours what most people would complete in 2. Unless you are a DnD fan and enjoy stressful, highly strategic game play don't get this. Expand
  4. Dec 18, 2012
    I first purchased this game for my PC, then for my iPad. All I keep thinking is 'thank you Overhaul for finally bringing a real RPG to the app store'. The controls can be a bit touchy when fighting an enemy while trying to move the screen around without making your character move, but overall, I am having a great experience! You can export your char from PC and load to iPad and vice versa.
  5. Mar 20, 2013
    The game is pretty okay. I have not played the original Baldurs gate but have finihsed Baldurs gate 2. So far I like what I see. I also enjoyed the fact they put additional gaming content.

Overall a polish game. I have spend 15 hrs in the game so far I have not encountered any major real glitches. Though I have heard people using Intel GPU are having a terrible time.

1. Apr 1, 2013
    Play it on the PC if you haven't done so. If, like me, you're an old dude that has played this so many times you know almost everything by heart, you'll enjoy having it to take with you wherever you go.
  2. Feb 9, 2013
    It's a wonderful game, but the mod-friendly PC is original is the one to plump for. [March 2013, p.87]
  3. Jan 30, 2013
    A flawed but admirable port of a game that fundamentally isn't touch-friendly. If you're still on the fence, just know that this game requires commitment. There's gold here, but Baldur's Gate keeps its treasure for the dedicated and does not tolerate dabblers.