Boom Beach iOS

5.8

1. Jun 28, 2016
    Thank God there finally is a fun and good game. Boom Beach is really fun and creative and they did a really good job with the animation. My only flaw would be the time limit, as I hope it is longer, and that they should add new troops to make it look better. It does get boring after playing it 24/7 at first, but it will start to become fun again. Still great game though with minimal lags.
  2. Jun 19, 2015
    This game sucks. You will be a level 27 and the only matchups youll get are people who are 15 levels higher than you are which is impossible to beat. When you do get levels lower than you which is rare, they are impossible to beat which is just ridiculious. Its a very frustrating game that neds much improvement before being released to the public. Finish the darn game before putting it onThis game sucks. You will be a level 27 and the only matchups youll get are people who are 15 levels higher than you are which is impossible to beat. When you do get levels lower than you which is rare, they are impossible to beat which is just ridiculious. Its a very frustrating game that neds much improvement before being released to the public. Finish the darn game before putting it on the market its common sense. Expand
  3. Jun 17, 2015
    Supercell basically cloned their own game, Clash of Clans, to create this. Same drawbacks as the other game apply; takes forever to buy anything once you get far enough into the game. Once you deploy your troops you have some limited tactical control over them. Just as well as the AI is as bad as in Clash of Clans. Resources in this game are very unbalance; you have a surplus of oneSupercell basically cloned their own game, Clash of Clans, to create this. Same drawbacks as the other game apply; takes forever to buy anything once you get far enough into the game. Once you deploy your troops you have some limited tactical control over them. Just as well as the AI is as bad as in Clash of Clans. Resources in this game are very unbalance; you have a surplus of one resource whilst at the same time you're desperately low of another. Pretty limited overall; though ok in short bursts. Expand
  4. May 27, 2015
    The game is the same is like clash of clans but in the beach replacing goblins or trolls,blonde men characters into soldiers.The game is addictive but sometimes just the same as clash of clans the first time you've played it you're having fun but after a while you get tired by spending **** tons of you money wasting your time just for this bull****.
  5. May 25, 2015
    Boom Beach, in my opinion, is a better game than Clash of Clans. It is similar, but not the same game. This time using strategy to attack enemy bases off of islands, trying to earn metals by upping your troops and building up defenses/gunboat powers. I like how the attacking works, you pick the troops you want on each landing craft and have gunboat abilities to control the battle. UnlikeBoom Beach, in my opinion, is a better game than Clash of Clans. It is similar, but not the same game. This time using strategy to attack enemy bases off of islands, trying to earn metals by upping your troops and building up defenses/gunboat powers. I like how the attacking works, you pick the troops you want on each landing craft and have gunboat abilities to control the battle. Unlike spells in clash, they're all set up for you and are upgradable, I like this. Upgrade times don't take as long, can go from hours to days but nowhere near as bad as clash. But you can only upgrade one thing at a time, which makes the game go slower. Small downside but nothing too bad. My main concern about the game is the matchmaking system, sometimes ridiculous because if you go too high up in vp (victory points) you'll get tougher opponents and likely be destroyed more often by enemies. And there is no way you can drop, unless if you leave your hq exposed but being attacked is rare. Resource bases can also be hard to capture, because you'll usually have enemies that are higher ranked than you are. The game is balanced, good game play and sound, wanting to explore more of the archipelago. In my opinion, good mechanics, with a few flaws. Overall, 3/4 stars. Expand
  6. May 8, 2015
    This game is worse than I thought. Supercell put way more effourt in Clash of Clans. This game is simplistic, but not awful. The graphics look baby-ish. The controls are okay. The structures are crap. This game is harder than Clash of Clans but it is your choice to get it or not. Oh, and invading the first enemy base is way too easy.
  7. May 5, 2015
    Let's make a cr**py d-day sim and charge people to have fun. The logic behind this is godlike in its dumbness. This game should have a sub genre called "money spending sim/time waster".
  8. Dec 5, 2014
    the first few days, i loved the game.

Nice graphics and sound, and i thought the balance between "real progress" and "payed progress" was great. Big Mistake. In the higher levels, you need larger storage for your resources. But to buy some, you need to save money, wood and stones. But you CANT save, because you are raided by other players all the time, just before you have
    the first few days, i loved the game.

Big Mistake.
    In the higher levels, you need larger storage for your resources.

But to buy some, you need to save money, wood and stones.

But you CANT save, because you are raided by other players all the time, just before you have saved enough.

Only solution: Spend real money, to improve your Buildings faster than the others.

But this is a race you cannot win.

De-installed.
  9. Aug 21, 2014
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun.....

You make troops, send them to warfare, and let it go boom. Better then Clash of Clans because of the flare you are able to use that allows you to actually command your troops.
  10. Aug 16, 2014
    The game is above avarage until you hit soft cap leadership points which i did around 72 points (15-20 successful player raids) at lvl14. meanwhile townhall upgrade requiring stone with stone quarry available at lvl15 so your only income is raiding stone for minimal amounts while getting hammered by players 25-35lvl depending on their scores. it would probably take me 2weeks gettingThe game is above avarage until you hit soft cap leadership points which i did around 72 points (15-20 successful player raids) at lvl14. meanwhile townhall upgrade requiring stone with stone quarry available at lvl15 so your only income is raiding stone for minimal amounts while getting hammered by players 25-35lvl depending on their scores. it would probably take me 2weeks getting hammered down to **** score so that i can safely gather stone maybe in 3-4days. well who gives a F, app deleted. Expand
  11. Aug 10, 2014
    After spent 3months playing two accounts, one paid with real money and another free account from my wife(she stopped long time ago). I have a conclusion that this game is a p2w game use free player as meat, no matter how those fanboys like TC111 trying to defend it, the mm system with vp is forcing the player gather more resources with less winning, the paid players will always foundAfter spent 3months playing two accounts, one paid with real money and another free account from my wife(she stopped long time ago). I have a conclusion that this game is a p2w game use free player as meat, no matter how those fanboys like TC111 trying to defend it, the mm system with vp is forcing the player gather more resources with less winning, the paid players will always found themselves many opponents with high vp but unlvled base, while the free players will feel like surrounded by low vp but fully lvled powerful players, every lvl up will just like hitting the wall with face. From the forum and the more and more harder to find big fish, I could see that this game is turning into a small group fanboys entrainment, guess many players was just scared away by its mm and unfair design, finding more frustration than enjoyment ,then quit playing, just like my wife. Now I feel it will never give me enjoyment like CoC, so let the fanboys have it all. Expand
  12. Jun 4, 2014
    actually I totally love this game, new theme and design is a plus! Only thing I dont like is I constantly get attacked without granting any shields, and all my resources are gone! Too cruel for casual gamers tbh!
  13. Apr 26, 2014
    I'll give this a 8/10 for a great time waster. Much more interactive and strategic than Supercell's smash hit Clash of Clans in many ways.

Defending has a tower defense feel because the victory objective is to destroy the opponent's command center. Attacking is interactive and dynamic. Troop position and maneuvers are key. Sometimes the best way to win is to walk around the guns and

Attacking is interactive and dynamic. Troop position and maneuvers are key. Sometimes the best way to win is to walk around the guns and exploit that one angle your opponent failed to cover.

The economy is about the same as all games in this genre.

Player vs player interaction is allot of fun. I like the fact that you can see your opponents on the map. Sadly, you can "switch" opponents after a few days and probably never see them again making rivalries impossible.

All in all, a good way to occupy an hour of your time each day.

- x out
  14. Apr 14, 2014
    Well here is another cash grabber from Supercell. I wasn't a big fan of clash of clans but i was addicted to it. However, Boom Beach is the same game but this time with less humor and charm that COC had. There is fun to be had though, managing squads to destroy other beaches and using power ups is very rewarding and fun. But the game slows down and you know what that means!!! CashWell here is another cash grabber from Supercell. I wasn't a big fan of clash of clans but i was addicted to it. However, Boom Beach is the same game but this time with less humor and charm that COC had. There is fun to be had though, managing squads to destroy other beaches and using power ups is very rewarding and fun. But the game slows down and you know what that means!!! Cash Grabbing! Which strategy games are really good at. If you want to spend 30 bucks for extra squads you might install it but if you want to save time- ignore it and just play Clash Of Clans. Expand
  15. Apr 13, 2014
    Like Clash of Clans, I enjoyed the first few days of constantly checking it and destroying enemy bases with ease, but after about a week it lost it's touch. It refined many elements that were pretty annoying in Clash of Clans, which was great, but didn't diverge from the formula enough. Eventually I reached a certain level where I was just being constantly attacked with no time to recoverLike Clash of Clans, I enjoyed the first few days of constantly checking it and destroying enemy bases with ease, but after about a week it lost it's touch. It refined many elements that were pretty annoying in Clash of Clans, which was great, but didn't diverge from the formula enough. Eventually I reached a certain level where I was just being constantly attacked with no time to recover to upgrade my base and troops. I hate pay to win games and while I liked the visual style and general gameplay, I refuse to pay to keep the game going. Install it, but don't expect to have much fun without sinking some cash in. Expand
  16. Apr 13, 2014
    Yet another long term, pointless, money grabbing app. These so called "Apps" that milk kids and morons for real money for things such as gems/coins/points etc should be banned!

Apps will never be a touch on gaming if this is the generic route it has chose to go down, aside from pro stuff like pages etc and Final Cut Pro/motion the last true app was angry birds. You paid, you played

You paid, you played and that was the game.

If your a points/gem/coin buyer then I honestly think your destroying what Apps should be like.
    An app should be like a real console game or DVD/bluray, you buy it (the developer makes money) and you play it (because you have paid for it)- is it really that hard to understand?

Stop milking money from morons and kids, make a game that can succeed from it being a good game that people want to play and buy.
    Don't give away a freebie and charge money to build a base or play the game more often just to upgrade a virtual tower/ wall or knock down a tree or something.

It's not a new thing, I played mob wars years ago and it's the exact same concept.
    You battle someone and build a virtual base and gang, to get far you have to enter a voluntary coma before you can do something else as build time takes away your life.

Seriously, a well known game company OR serious indie guys, make something that people want to play and it will sell.

If you disagree, would you buy a PS4/Xbox one/WiiU/PC/Mac game and buy DLC after DLC after DLC etc just to be able to play the game without boring time waits to play it some more? No... Thought not.
  17. Apr 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Supercell's next take on Strategic Warfare.

Supercell, Developers of the iOS smash hit Clash of Clans, have essentially taken the raw mechanics of their hugely popular strategy Game, and built around it. Their latest release, Boom Beach is currently Free to Play on iOS devices, and looks to bury its competitors by giving Casual Strategy Games a fresh new feel.

It follows the same basic principles of Clash of Clans; collect resources to build a Base strong enough to defend against your Enemies. This time though it comes in the form of Naval Warfare set on a series of Islands where Players have one main objective; defeat the Blackguard, liberating their captives from enslavement whilst also collecting Gold and Wood (and later on also Stone and Iron). Blackguard inhabited Islands and other Players Bases are discovered by unlocking different parts of the Map with Gold, which makes the amount of possible battles feel endless and with the addition of things like resource Bases, we can see Supercell have really tried to create something bigger than Clash of Clans.

Like its older Brother, Boom Beach also allows its Users to Raid other Players Bases in the hope of gaining Loot and Medals to advance through the Leaderboards. Though there is no league system and the absence of a Chat feature also seems disappointing.

With this new title it really feels like the Developers have listened to the Players when it comes to its many Gameplay improvements. Probably the most beneficial of them all is the fact that Troops can be reused over and over again in battle if they survive. In Clash of Clans they were a loss to the Player, even if they remained alive at the end of the fight, which to me was one of the downfalls of that Game. This makes Boom Beach feel much faster paced and allows the Gameplay to flow better, cutting out the wait for your Army to be trained after every Enemy encounter. The Player can have multiple battles with the same set of troops, which is made possible from the start of the Game.

This time around, Supercell have really given their Players more control in Battle with the addition of the Gunship. This sits back in the sea, as a kind of Command post almost and gives the Player a number of Strategic benefits. They can fire Flares from it to direct their Troops to a specific position on the Map, Heal them by dropping a protective Ring around them or simply fire Missiles at Enemy defences to weaken them before sending in the Cavalry. The Flare essentially eliminates your Troops wandering into gunfire whilst they attack something and gives the Player an option to direct them to attack the most important things first. In addition the missile is a useful tool for taking out something annoyingly out of range of your Troops, before they head into get slaughtered by it. The Health Ring was seen before in Clash of Clans, but in Boom Beach seems more relevant as the Troops you keep alive can be reused again and again and this time around it is given to you at the start instead of unlocking it at a higher level. Of course all these features are limited, as they each use points which are taken from a set amount which you are given at the start of every battle and then points are gained through destroying enemy structures. This amount can be increased however, with every upgrade of the Gunship.

Another new Game feature Players are presented with is Statues. Once you get far enough into the Game you are given the option to buy a Sculptor for your Base, which in turn will produce Statues that can help you by either improving your Base defences, Power up your Troops or boost the production of your Base. However, these mysterious Statues can only be generated from collecting Crystals by attacking other Islands.

Your Base is also backed up by supply Ships that sail in and drop off various resources to you. This is dependant on how many Islands the Player has taken over, each giving them a set amount of Gold or Wood. This again is a nice touch to the Game that gives it an advantage over its predecessor and other Games alike.

Building up your Base to something substantial can seem a laborious task though as upgrades to your defences will take a set amount of time (minutes,hours or even days) depending on the level of upgrade. This of course can be fast tracked by using diamonds, which can be bought in packages with real life money(£2.99 for 500,£6.99 for 1,200,£13.99 for 2,500,£34.99 for 6,500 and £69.99 for 14,000).The Player is allocated a certain amount at the start of the game (around 120) and then fed small amounts throughout the Game.

Although many Games out there today use this method of generating revenue from its Players, this can seem frustrating to the patient Players out there who choose not to spend Money on the Games and can seem unfair that other people have the option to basically skip all the work and buy their way to the top.
  18. Jun 4, 2014

1. Apr 16, 2014
    The concept of paying or waiting peaked with Clash of Clans. Boom Beach serves as a reminder why I eventually quit.
  2. Apr 16, 2014
    Boom Beach kept me enthralled for a time, giving moments of memorable excitement. It can't, however, stay out of its own way. The growing wall of requirements and the pace of progression kept this mobile version of the Pacific Theater from becoming one of my favorite mobile games, but it does have a home on my iPhone.
  3. Apr 14, 2014
    Boom Beach is the latest game developed by Supercell. The app is characterized by good graphics, an intuitive gameplay and an excellent tactical component. However, the environments are repetitive and some game mechanics need to improve.