Clash of Clans iOS

5.8

1. Jan 3, 2014
    Clash of Clans is incredibly addictive but loses its freshness after a few days in. The concept of world-building and interactions with other players is fantastic and fully realized, and I loved tearing apart enemy forts with my legions of barbarians. However, the problem the game is not in the gameplay, but in the time. After a certain point, it takes multiple days to build or upgradeClash of Clans is incredibly addictive but loses its freshness after a few days in. The concept of world-building and interactions with other players is fantastic and fully realized, and I loved tearing apart enemy forts with my legions of barbarians. However, the problem the game is not in the gameplay, but in the time. After a certain point, it takes multiple days to build or upgrade necessary structures, therefore making it impossible to progress without tediously waiting for your builders to finish their tasks. This is clearly a marketing ploy for the player to buy gems which can be used to hire more builders and speed up construction. Advertising as blatantly obvious as this really ruin the enjoyment of the game and prevents me from constantly coming back to my kingdom. Instead, I buy the upgrade and ignore the game until I get notified days later that the construction was completed or my fort had been decimated by a much more powerful player. In the end, Clash of Clans is definitely worth the download and will undeniably suck you in. However, any lasting impression or immersion is lost as soon as the time increments between building projects rise, making the app more focused on profit than the actual experience.

6.5/10
  2. Oct 19, 2014
    Pros:
    1: Great way to pass the time
    2: Great stragety game 3: Free 4: Great attacking 5: Great defending 6: Love the Clans 7: Love the Clan Wars 8: When you buy gems, you get them right away! Cons: 1: Upgrading buildings and troops takes way too long! 2: Upgrading buildings and troops cost way too much! 3: If you don't use gems on your producers, it takes a while to get
    Pros:
    1: Great way to pass the time
    2: Great stragety game
    3: Free
    4: Great attacking
    5: Great defending
    6: Love the Clans
    7: Love the Clan Wars
    8: When you buy gems, you get them right away!

Cons:
    1: Upgrading buildings and troops takes way too long!
    2: Upgrading buildings and troops cost way too much!
    3: If you don't use gems on your producers, it takes a while to get gold/elixer/dark elixer
    4: Some troops take too long to train (EX: Dragon, Peeka)
    5: Buying more huts is a rip off. First one is 500, second is 1000, third is 1500, fourth is 2000, and the fifth one is 2500!

Even though this game has its cons, I still suggest getting this game, for I, and the other 50 million people who have this game downloaded, love it.
  3. Jul 3, 2014
    I consider this game as "strategy pretender" (copyright!!!!!), what does that mean? Well it can be said about a game that technically counts as a strategy game but it's actual purpose is to milk the **** out of your wallet. So, when you consider it as a "strategy pretender" is the game any good?

Well yes and no. The game could be damn good if it was released on a pc and was a fully paid strategy game like civilization 5, not a "free to play" type. But as a (sigh) "free to play" title (face palm) it accomplishes what all free to play games should accomplish: It's a fun game that makes you have fun and spend money for it.

But in the final verdict, i cannon't stop thinking that this game could be 8/10 or 9/10 if fully realized.
  4. Nov 26, 2015
    Clash of Clans is generally fun at start, but when you actually progressed around town hall 8, things get completely despicable for me -- game demands (and needs) TOO MUCH of your time, TOO MUCH commitment, and TOO MUCH money for the impractically expensive gems. Games shouldn't be like that, most especially mobile games.

It's now too hard to find for good loot, too hard to collect

It's now too hard to find for good loot, too hard to collect resources, production of resources is very slow to be useful enough to supply your upgrading needs, upgrades become too lengthy, game is so imbalanced.
  5. Dec 16, 2015
    Fun game up until the new update 12/10/15. The game developers got greedy and changed the game play so it is extremely difficult to advance from town hall 9 on up unless you are willing to spend a lot of money. I would not recommend this game for any casual gamer.
  6. Dec 11, 2015
    Game breaking update. I am a TH 10 player who has always been a farmer. I enjoyed coming from work, login into the game and farming with barch. When my kids went to bed I would log in and farm more. Well supercell just destroyed that for me with the latest update. 2 years down the drain.
  7. Aug 16, 2016
    best ios game ever!!best ios game ever!!best ios game ever!!best ios game ever!!best ios game ever!!best ios game ever!!best ios game ever!!best ios game ever!!
  8. May 1, 2014
    Clash of clans is not the best app their is . I wish they can something less boring like more fighting hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I do not understand what is wrong with apps these days
  9. Apr 9, 2014
    A quick spoiler free Honest Review of "Clash Of Clans"
    A quick spoiler free Honest Review of "Clash Of Clans"
    Gameplay: The gameplay of Clash Of Clans is pretty meh. Building your base is boring at first and it takes too much time, especially if you start to upgrade something most of the time you need to wait about 55min and it will be ready... or you could pay for it! The game likes to throw micro transaction at your face, so if you don't have money you're going to have a bad time. Overall the gameplay is decent but gets boring 6.0/10

Multiplayer: The multiplayer is the main reason why i thought that the game was fun, the MP is addictive and fun but the micro transactions are still a big annoying problem. I don't want to spoil the fun of the multiplayer so i'm just going to say, it's good but nothing spectacular 7.0/10

Graphics: The graphics are nice and colorful, the characters look smooth and creative and the "buildings" look nice. Some of the attacking animations are quite lame but nothing is perfect. I like the cartoony style and the character designs but the attacking animations are really clunky imo, it's nothing too amazing but it isn't bad either. 7.0/10

Sound: The theme song is great, i like the "epic" style of it. The sound effects in the game are funny and i like them, the sounds fit the game really well and i really don't know what to say anymore. The lack of individual songs and actual voice acting is the only problem i have with it... But it's a pretty big "problem" It's not "great" but it's not bad either 7.0

Overall: 6,75/10 It's almost "Good" but it's mostly just decent. I don't hate it but i wouldn't waste my own time playing it, it's boring and repeative but it has good multiplayer and graphics. I would reccommend it if you like casual games that consume a lot of time, otherwise no. The game is full of micro transactions and useless waiting. It has good multiplayer and charming graphics but thats about it. But that's just my honest opinion in my honest review.
  10. Jun 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The AI is crap and won't always go for the stuff that is killing it but it is overpowered in a horde. It also has a huge upgrade price that makes your maxed out collectors do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! Expand
  11. Dec 16, 2015
    CoC was indeed a great game, once. Since the Dec15 update, however, it all went downhill. The update was clearly motivated by the commercial factors. The structure of villages, efficiency of raids and farming, shield system all now direct you towards buying more gems. Without gems it is all hard slog, you really have to spend hours each time to get anywhere and it became rather tedious.CoC was indeed a great game, once. Since the Dec15 update, however, it all went downhill. The update was clearly motivated by the commercial factors. The structure of villages, efficiency of raids and farming, shield system all now direct you towards buying more gems. Without gems it is all hard slog, you really have to spend hours each time to get anywhere and it became rather tedious.

All the cheap farming and defence strategies are now off the table, you have to spend lots of elixir on some heavy troops to gain any sizeable loot. For people with limited time on their hands it is just unworkable. Time to say goodbye to Supercell!
  12. Oct 24, 2014
    with the availability of loot gained by attacks getting harder to find the burn out factor is increasing i find it getting harder to waist time and the loot i have looking for it. I like a fool spent a great deal of money on this game, so don't be a fool don't spend any money on this game you will get burn out and just stop playing the game and are left with just the loss of the money.
  13. Jun 11, 2015
    iOS RTS MMO are bullsh*t when they use micro transactions to add money, instead of a goddamn cheat. Why can't we even get a single player RTS in the iOS? Is this what the Apple wants? FREEMIUM APPS?!
  14. Dec 3, 2014
    I know that this game is incredibly popular but i am absolutely not a fan of mobile games.
    My personal impressions : Good but also humiliatingly bad.
    I don't understand why this is called a strategy game because i've not seen any element from that typical type of genre. It has a huge amount of microtransactions (no paywalls YET). If you don't know anything about gaming but you still
    My personal impressions : Good but also humiliatingly bad.
    If you don't know anything about gaming but you still wanna have this game. Buy it, play it and give that company a ****load of money.
  15. Dec 14, 2014
    To call it a strategy game is a embarrassment to the genre. The A.I. is so bad in this game I have no idea how they are making so much money. I have seen a wizard attack a building further away than one closest to it then stop a few attacks in and attack the building closest to it despite not throwing down bombers. Seen normal troops (Barb,Arch, Wiz) walk past buildings to attack oneTo call it a strategy game is a embarrassment to the genre. The A.I. is so bad in this game I have no idea how they are making so much money. I have seen a wizard attack a building further away than one closest to it then stop a few attacks in and attack the building closest to it despite not throwing down bombers. Seen normal troops (Barb,Arch, Wiz) walk past buildings to attack one further away and behind a wall. Dragons are the dumbest troops I have ever seen, genre wise if they went after gold first I could handle it, but their AI is so random and there is no pattern, ryhme, or reason for what they do. Its impossible to effectively use them in terms of tactics and strategy. Your option is to watch a retarded lizard commit suicide or its so over powered in the situation that it wins by default. Troops continue to attack walks when there is nothing left behind that wall or even better when their is a hole in the wall next to them. Its the tip of the ice berg, I don't think I can name every single problem with a 5k character limit and some of these are huge almost game breaking. My bottom line for the A.I. is regardless of the money made, and the money being made really just makes it more embarrassing cause they have that resource to use, the programmers for this game should be shutter in humiliation at their failure everytime they see something about COC. This is the most important part of this review too, I am not upset so much that the A.I. is horrid or that the game can be unplayable at times because of it, I am furious at the amount of money these people are getting and I have yet to see a legitimate update correcting major flaws to this date. Their updates consist of temperary cosmetic BS or a new layout/graphics addition and everyone once in awhile they will bump things up a level for max level players. Crooks are what they are and It disgusts me. I play with family and friends and it can be fun but at the end of the day this isn't a game, it sure as heck isn't a strategy game, its a fad and I hope it dies out soon. If you have not played, don't bother. Me, I am done until I see a legit update! Expand
  16. May 27, 2015
    The game is easy at first and very addictive and fun to play but for a while this turns into hard **** and wants your money to finish building a **** tower if your gems are low.Played this for about a month and it get boring so fast.Just battling another people and upgrade **** that take 1 hours to **** 9 days.his is game that is just wasting your money and wasting time.
  17. May 24, 2015
    Very bad game. This game is terrible. Not because of the actual concept, but rather how it is structures. Things take forever to build. Things take real actual time (hours/days) to build. Time constraint, reward system, and the punishment system of this game is designed to make the most addicted of players want to grind everything out. WASTE of your time (seriously just buy a real game).Very bad game. This game is terrible. Not because of the actual concept, but rather how it is structures. Things take forever to build. Things take real actual time (hours/days) to build. Time constraint, reward system, and the punishment system of this game is designed to make the most addicted of players want to grind everything out. WASTE of your time (seriously just buy a real game). Those who are not as dedicated decide to buy their way into the game. Either way money is flowing from the customers into the developers like honey. I would strongly advise people to stay away from this type of game, unless you know how to control and stop your impulsive addictive natures. Expand
  18. May 18, 2015
    Usually I love tower defense and RTS, but when I looked at this game I at first said this game looks pretty good then I realized this is a pretty awful game. Champion league isn't even worth it and the gems are worthless. This game just stop playing free to play games because it is hard to find good people trying to entertain when all these money whores come around. My final comment isUsually I love tower defense and RTS, but when I looked at this game I at first said this game looks pretty good then I realized this is a pretty awful game. Champion league isn't even worth it and the gems are worthless. This game just stop playing free to play games because it is hard to find good people trying to entertain when all these money whores come around. My final comment is this, don't play unless you like this kind of game. Expand
  19. Jun 13, 2015
    this is just a tower attack and tower defense copy/paste one of the most wasted opportunities ever,in fact,I got bored of it in 2 days.it's so repetitive.there's nothing keeping the player interested like new content.it's a popular piece of garbage that somehow got a Higher rating than: Minecraft,WoW,Diablo,LoL,Growtopia,Pokemon,Starcraft,Monopoly,Terraria,Darkthis is just a tower attack and tower defense copy/paste one of the most wasted opportunities ever,in fact,I got bored of it in 2 days.it's so repetitive.there's nothing keeping the player interested like new content.it's a popular piece of garbage that somehow got a Higher rating than: Minecraft,WoW,Diablo,LoL,Growtopia,Pokemon,Starcraft,Monopoly,Terraria,Dark Souls,COD,Battlefield,CSGO,and Mortal Kombat.this game,in my book is a holed 3/10. Expand
  20. Jul 9, 2015
    Dumbed down version of Backyard Monsters where you need to pay to don't get your base destroyed every 3 seconds and clans that kick you because you didn't donate troops to the leader
  21. Dec 17, 2015
    Prior to the December 2015 update, I would have rated this game at the maximum allowable. After the December 2015 update, I cannot rate this game low enough. Supercell destroyed 90% of it's gameplay in order to favor their top 5% of players. Unfortunately, when voicing our displeasure to Supercell, the response to their community is dead silence. If they wanted to go out of their wayPrior to the December 2015 update, I would have rated this game at the maximum allowable. After the December 2015 update, I cannot rate this game low enough. Supercell destroyed 90% of it's gameplay in order to favor their top 5% of players. Unfortunately, when voicing our displeasure to Supercell, the response to their community is dead silence. If they wanted to go out of their way to insure their game dies, they certainly succeeded. Expand
  22. Dec 20, 2015
    I really can't give this shovelware a good review. It is a good premise, and by extension holds promise, but considering the absolutely ridiculous amount of cheaters, and terrible decisions Supercell have made since launch it gets a zero.
  23. Jan 12, 2016
    I have been a gamer on this since January 2013. I was a very active player, and then became a more casual player as life dictates. The last update late 2015 has totally RUINED the game. It benefits only players who play 12+ hours a day, at the expense of anyone who plays less than that! A lot of cup dumping attacks now as people scramble to get as low as they can so they don't getI have been a gamer on this since January 2013. I was a very active player, and then became a more casual player as life dictates. The last update late 2015 has totally RUINED the game. It benefits only players who play 12+ hours a day, at the expense of anyone who plays less than that! A lot of cup dumping attacks now as people scramble to get as low as they can so they don't get attacked. Amazing to find people at 150+ level with 1000 cups or less attacking someone at level 100, and still doing a 0 raid. No chance of ever saving up any resources to build anything, so basically, the only way to survive in this game, is to BUY gems and basically, pay for the new Lamborghinis of the top brass at Supercell. So sad that greed has taken over Supercell. Expand
  24. Jan 31, 2016
    Quick summary of clash of clans pay money wait pay more money wait 10 damn days for your town hall to finish upgrading pay money win pay money win pay more money go bankrupt die of starvation
  25. Jun 10, 2016
    Clash of Clans is an action/strategy game developped by Supercell for Android and iPhone. The game is really cool, the graphics are cartoons-oriented and the musics are cool,
    but the improvements are too expensive ! Do a update for this please.
    Good game, but P2W is necessary if we want to progress. 7/10 -Metacritic
  26. Dec 14, 2013
    It starts out as a bore, then when it begins to harness some fun' succumbs into that field of boredom once more. As a strategy game, it's okay. But as originality and freshness goes, this hits rock bottom.
  27. Feb 22, 2014
    Calling Clash of Clans a game is a bit forced. Yes, it looks and plays like a game, but as far as the overall mechanics and balance; this is nothing more than congealed dog **** The game starts fine and functions correctly up until around level 20-30. At this point the game fights you at almost every opportunity and literally punishes you for not playing it.

Let's start with the

Let's start with the overwhelming balance issues with this game. First, Hog Riders are the end-all cure for any defense. Period. Despite being released into the game on such a broken, overpowered level, the developers then decided to buff them. Because why do things that make sense.

Next on the list is completely broken and useless Jump Potion. The intent of this potion is to allow your units to jump over walls. An interesting idea in concept, but one that was horribly executed, mainly due to the game's terribly retarded AI. Speaking of the game's AI -it's **** Units that would rather shoot individual walls rather than team up and, god forbid, be effective at belonging to a team. Units that would sooner attack an Army Camp than the defense pelting it with death. I'd say the game's AI is non-existent, but the fact that the units do move on their own is counter to that. The AI is nothing short of completely horrid.

Aside from the unit balances, the rest of the game (regarding build-ables/place-ables (buildings/units respectively)) is pretty balanced. The next big issue this game has is with it's currency system. This system they have in place is a true wonder of the gaming world in terms of redefining terms like **** 'unbalanced', and 'nonsensical'.

Starting with the Paid Currency, Gems, we can already see the true message this dev team sends to it's gamers, and that message is **** YOU". The conversion rates from real-world money into Gems is, well...let me phrase it like this; You put in a dollar and they give you back a Nickle...and herpes. So you're foolish enough to fall into the old F2P 'money-trap', fine, but how far can those Gems get you? Nowhere. I'm not exaggerating, they get you literally nowhere. The price cost of Gems in-game is just as unforgiving. There is absolutely no reason to give these dev's money, not with them doubling down on ****ing you over for being generous enough to donate your money to them.

The other problem this game has with it's currency revolves around the other three, earned in-game currencies; Gold, Elixer, and Dark Elixer. These are easy enough to obtain, but the dev's again decided to screw over the gamer by adding in multiple exponential increases in building costs. You may upgrade, let's say an Archer Tower, for an extra, let's say 5 DPS (damage per second), at a cost of, let's say 50,000 Gold. The next upgrade for that Archer tower will add 3 DPS, at a cost of 350,000 Gold. I know what you're thinking, "That doesn't make any ****ing sense", you're absolutely right. This continues to increase in a ridiculous manner until your game slows to a crawls, then a paraplegic crawl, and then finally your game halts to a stop. You may think you can supplement this horrid design flaw with a kind donation and gems, but unless you're fond of being raped by a pine-cone then this is obviously not an option because as stated above, the dev's **** the bed here too.

On to how this game punishes you for not playing. Your village/base moves in and out of two states; shield active, and shield in-active. You can only be attacked when you're shield isn't active. This is where the most glaring design flaw eclipses the rest of the game. There is no restrictions on who can attack you, unless you're logged in and constantly playing the game, in which case only people around your level can attack you. Since we all have live outside this ****ty game, this leads to you essentially climbing an insurmountable wall to gain resources for upgrades with the game's Dev's and other players simultaneously **** on you. If you're level 30 and you're so close to that next upgrade, you spent hours re-arranging your base so that no one your level would dare attack it...when you log out, someone level, oh let's be generous here and say someone level 110 attacks you and takes all your **** because your defenses are paper to their troops, guess what? It's your fault for not playing the game. That's your punishment for having a life.

This game is absolute **** and not worth your time. From the horrible balance issue, flawed AI, and currency spikes, to the horrible conversion rates...this game fights you to enjoy it every step of the way.
  28. Jul 7, 2014
    It's very addicting since the Clan Wars update is released. However, you don't win clan wars without clear and concise clan communication. As the chat tab in the game is limited, we use Clan Wars Assist to help communicate strategy. Generally speaking, it's an amazing game.
  29. Jan 19, 2013
    I enjoy this game so much. Simple to play, it's an addicting little game that will pull you in as soon, especially after you build the infamous "Clan Castle". It's definitely worthy download if you have time to play it, because trust me, you'll be checking on your village every ten minutes...almost annoyingly addictive, I can't seem to quit playing.
  30. May 27, 2015
    Boring as all hell throughout, no way to build anything without spending all your life savings. It focuses solely on stealing money off people who don't know better. The game has no depth, and is not fun without spending 100's of dollars. It's fine for little kids who aren't old enough for stuff like Star/Warcraft, but anyone with any gaming knowledge should play with caution.

Every

Every iPad strategy game is the exact same as well.

1. Jan 23, 2013
    Clash of Clans is a decent casual game that doesn't bring anything new to the genre, just like many others available on the App Store.
  2. Dec 18, 2012
    Those looking for an opportunity to build a world, while destroying someone else's, will find Clash of Clans a very appealing package with surprisingly deep layers of strategy to dig through.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 13, 2012
    This game delivers as much bangs for buck as you want. The in-game purchasing system is designed very nicely, if you want to continue playing with fast pace, the only way to do this is to use real money. Although the game mechanics are quite simplistic, Clash of Clans gets you on the hook. If Farmville is your weapon of choice, you can't go wrong with this one. [Oct 2012] (