4.4

1. Jul 11, 2013
    I've been waited for Deus Ex: The Fall, and it is fantastic game. Its design makes me think about Human Revolution, it is very easy to control character, there a lot of mission and sure the OST is wonderful!
    This game made my July better, it is the best present for Adam Jensens fan!
  2. Jul 11, 2013
    Unwarranted DRM system cripples game on iPhones running non-standard OS software. No warning in the App's description. DO NOT BUY. DRM such as this punishes legitimate users who purchased the game legally from the app store, not pirates who will have it bypassed next week or so.
  3. Jul 12, 2013
    After purchasing the game on my jailed device and seeing the "You cannot fire on a Jailed device" message pop up, I was a bit upset. Luckily someone had made a bypass (they are also getting rid of that message in the next update) that disabled that message. After I got passed the DRM, the game felt good (aside from the double click to move thing, you can disable it in the options). It feels like a Deus Ex:HR on mobile, which is great for me, me being a huge deus ex fan. The story is good and ties with the Human Revolution story, giving you a different prospective. Graphics are pretty good but I have seen better. Controls are a bit iffy with the tap to kill type gameplay. But overall it is a good game for any deus ex fan. Expand
  4. Jul 11, 2013
    Sorry. I can not give better score to the game, that is not working for people that buy it. Especially if it is broken on purpose and without any warning, that if you buy, they will not allow you to play.
  5. Jul 12, 2013
    amazing get this game you will not be disappointed it has goregeous graphics and excellent gameplay mechanics and controls. This is a console quality game in a mobile package
  6. Jul 11, 2013
    I would really only play it on an iPad. There's no point on an iPhone, and it won't run if you aren't using stock OS. God I wish they would of made another full-fledged title.
  7. Jul 14, 2013
    The game is working well on my iPhone 5, and plays beautifully.
    iPad mini/.2 users, wait for the update before you pass judgement. Give developers a chance, otherwise all you'll ever get will be ports & cartoony puzzle games.
    This is true deus ex on mobile, an achievement on unprecedented scale.
    If you have a supported device and like deep Action RPGs and/or stealth games, you'll
    absolutely love it!
    If you have a jailbroken phone, find a way around or wait for an update. Don't be foolish with your judgement!
  8. Jul 14, 2013
    The game itself is an admirable attempt at a mobile Deus Ex game, the main problem I find with it however is the mobile part of it. Why did this have to be a mobile game only? I don't see why its not available on XBLA or PSN. What suprises me even more is the lack of a PSVita version. This game would be perfect for the system as we could use touch controls and buttons instead of forced touch input, and would give us the first solid FPS title for the console. And that's what this game is, a solid FPS. True it never quite reaches Human Revolution, but I don't think anybody thought it would. However with that said I believe it comes close. The story is actually quite good, keeping with the themes and characters you would expect from a Deus Ex game. The graphics are spot on, capturing the world almost to a tee. It suffers however in the combat department, it doesn't quite feel right. Hotboxes feel a bit skewed and aiming (no matter how much tweaking) feels just a tad off. And a glaring issue for some gamers but I have never been a fan of the touch screen controlled FPS, as there being a lack of triggers but thats just a personal gripe. All in all The Fall is a game that surpassed some peoples expectation, but still falls short of its potential. Expand
  9. Jul 17, 2013
    You don't have to be very good at reading between the lines to see that Deus Ex fans are simply angry that this is a mobile game instead of console. I see The Fall as preserved 99% of the console game feel, and it seems like a worthy successor to HR in really every way I could ask for. But whaddaya gonna do? Haters gonna hate.
  10. Jul 11, 2013
    I love this game. Deus Ex ony iPhone is pure heaven, especially sneaking around in stealth mode. I can't believe how much this feel like Human Revolution.
  11. Jul 12, 2013
    I loved all the lore and exploring. Various emails, voice recordings, and eBooks reveal lots of details about the world of Deus Ex and it’s really rewarding to piece the bits together to get some insight on the game’s mysteries.
    AppsGoer has got an in-depth review on this game.
  12. Jul 12, 2013
    At first, hearing that the next Deus Ex game would be an iOs game disappointed me, thinking that Deus Ex: The Fall would just be a cheap cash in on what is one of my favourite game series. Well boy did this game prove me wrong. The Fall is a more than welcome addition to series in my opinion, expanding upon the very interesting novel in icarus effect. The Story is original and compelling, tieing in nicely with human revolution's storyline, even containing familiar characters. The gameplay is at times, buggy and inconsistent, but overall is very enjoyable and as close to human revolution as i think it could get on a portable device. The atmosphere is done brilliantly, just as good as it was in previous iterations and it really sucks you in. the developers choice to not allow people with jailbroken devices is a mistake, but if you have the ability to play the game and are a deus ex fan, it will not cease to impress, do not let this fact draw from the actual games experience. DO NOT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER Expand
  13. Jul 13, 2013
    Deus ex the fall is a great game. it runs great, has a good story and is fun to play. if it dos'ent work on jail broken devises then that YOUR problem! JAILBREAKING IS ILLEGAL! complaing a bout that is like yelling at your mom for finding crack in your room.
  14. Jul 14, 2013
    Everything about this game is great except gunplay. I love it. People complaining that on jailbroken devices it's crippled even if you buy the game if you jailbreak go all the way and install xCon from cydia. It works perfectly
  15. Jul 18, 2013
    I came here expecting to see a bad user review and it's exactly what I saw. To people wondering whether to buy this game: Most of the negative reviews here are from people who are butthurt about the fact this game's on iOS, and are so pathetic that they take it out on the developers by giving it bad reviews under the pretence of having played the game. This is NOT a bad game. It is not a hashed out release. The combat is kinda buggy, but apart from that, it has amazing graphics, an awesome story and really good, rewarding exploration. Definitely a worthy sequel to HR. Sure, I wish it had come out on consoles. But, to all you whiny annoying people out there who judge a game solely on its platform and not on its gameplay, just because it's a iOS title, complain about it all you want on youtube videos etc., but these score sites are for people who want to know the quality of a game. Posting bad reviews because you don't like mobile gaming is just petty and gives a false impression of quality. Put it this way.

Metacritic user score, where anybody can review it: 4.4

App Store user score, where only people who have bought the game can review it: 4.5/5

Make what you want out of that.
  16. Jul 18, 2013
    This game is brilliant, it plays just like the console versions do. The graphics are amazing and the game play is rich and immersive with many different ways to approach each encounter. There is a large number of weapons and attachments and the praxis upgrade system is very compelling just like in the Human Revolution.

The game does have some slight performance issues if you are not
    running on an iPhone 5 or latest iPad, iPhone 5 version works perfectly but the 5th gen ipod touch/iPad mini has frame rate issues and randomly closes due to lack of ram but its still playable and enjoyable on that device.

I am not usually a fan of using touch screens for these types of games but this game controls exceptionally well and is a joy to play. The UI is a bit small like many iPhone 5 games and you may have to squint a bit to read everything, not sure why they always create microscopic UI's lately (MC4 comes to mind). The game is also a bit short but then again it costs £3.99 so...

Don't pay attention to the negative reviews, they are just people who have jail broken devices and they couldn't shoot in the game and this has been sorted now so ignore that. This game is GOOD. If iOS had more games like this it could really be considered a handheld console.
  17. Aug 5, 2013
    This game is a mixed bag for me. Sure, its deus ex on a mobile device, the guns handle somewhat well, the environment is breathtaking... But the guns feel too weak unless you get a headshot with a pistol and the correct number of damage upgrades and the armor piercing modification. Or maybe a headshot with the strongest crossbow you can get. Either that, or enemies are too strong. They run and gun with perfect accuracy and shrug off bullets and arrows(The most expensive shotgun took 3 hits for me at a medium range to kill a security guard.), while I am hampered by the speed of a mobile device. Guards act like they aim with a mouse. Even with locking on, making it easier to move and fire, the guards still shrug off everything short of multiple headshots, blowing them up, or a takedown(Punching them to knock them out or stabbing them with a blade built into your arm). Another thing I have a complaint about is the Automatic Unlocking Device. In Deus Ex:Human Revolution if your hacking level was too low, you could slap that on the keypad or computer. But not here! If I want to hack a Level 5, I need to be at the correct "hacking level" before I can use the unlocking device.

In short, everything in the game is nice except for the guards(Too bulletproof unless you invest in the cartel pistol and aim for the head, the instant there is an explosion, they start charging at your exact position, and they run and gun with perfect accuracy while the touch controls let me slowly shoot them.)
  18. Jul 30, 2013
    This game is just amazing, best title I've bought all year for my device. The depth of gameplay is stunning, I love how you can choose to explore anywhere in Panama and that levels have multiple entry points and paths, can't wait for more of this.
  19. Sep 19, 2013
    Oh how the deus ex has fallen. I can't believe they did this to my beloved franchise after the only other two games they made were so good. I must say at least it works for me unlike some other people, but working is subjective as it's almost completely unplayable due to horrible controls.
  20. TBM
    Apr 11, 2014
    There is no point. Just buy Icarus Effect book instead. You get better graphics, frame rate and voice acting in your head from reading the book compared to playing this tragedy.
  21. Aug 3, 2013
    This game I've tried on an Ipad mini, Ipad 2, and Iphone 5. On both Ipads(I prefer the Mini) this a great game if you have time to seat down and play it. The graphics and controls make for a great experience and set it apart from say the Gameloft adventure game control scheme of things. In saying that I do not recommend this for an Iphone because this game needs screen space and it still looks stunning but the screen makes the difference in this game Collapse
  22. Dec 5, 2013
    Nice graphics, but crashes on my iPad 2... And the controls are not that great. It might be better to leave these first person shooters to consoles and PC, touch screen just doesn't work that well if the action is plentiful... Still, if you can get this cheap, and you have a new iPad, and love FPS genre, pretty ok game.
  23. Feb 25, 2014
    It's a good game for a portable, now you can take your favorite Deus Ex with you, wherever you go, that's amazing. Unfortunately, the plot is really short, but you can start it one more time with the new way of completing.
  24. Mar 10, 2014
    This user's requirements for the perfect experience. Headphones? check. Ipad? check. Like Deus Ex? check. Got a few minutes free? check. Get ready to experience a variation on the Deus Ex: Human Revolution theme in a unique way with the touchscreen interface. Echoes of the Minority Report interface, or Casino Royale, or Date Night, or whatever it's called, come home. Nothing is perfect, but if you love Deus Ex, and you meet all the requirements listed, you will benefit from playing this game. Expand
  25. Mar 15, 2014
    "I never asked for this."

So many people said this when Deus Ex: The Fall, was announced at E3 last year. I too, never asked for it. Yet, having just finished it, I'm glad it came out anyway. The Fall takes many of the core elements of Human Revolution and perfectly transitions them to mobile. There are side quests (however, unfortunately not many), augmentations, conversations and more
    - this truly is a full fledged Deus Ex game. Even the graphics are outstanding - the game, at times, is on par to Human Revolution. My only complaint is the performance in some areas on the Android version, the frame-rate dipping to ~15 FPS at times on my Moto X (rarely, however; it usually stayed around 30). Overall, Deus Ex: The Fall is a fantastic game well worth its asking price of $7, and is a landmark for iOS and Android's credibility as viable gaming platforms, and the only reasons it gets a 9 instead of a 10 from me are the small amount of side quests and the performance in certain areas. A 9.5 more accurately conveys my opinion on the game, but in any case, I wholeheartedly recommend it. Expand
  26. May 2, 2014
    This review is on Deus Ex The Fall on Android, not PC. (Why is because I haven't played the PC version.) I play this game on an "ASUS NVIDIA Tegra 3, 1GB DDR3 Memory, 16GB Flash, 10.1" Touchscreen Tablet; so far I love this game. The game has a great story with two interesting protagonists, 3 different city areas to explore, and plenty of challenge for veteran Deus Ex players like myself. Unlike Human Revolution (HR), You get to see some of the problems with Augmentation and the darker side of corporations; With that note, you'll have to make moral decisions in your missions that may or may not reward you. The two problems with the game are that there are fewer weapons than in HR; the 357 magnum, most of the mines, and some frag grenades are missing where they could have been implemented. also the controls are a little buggy but not terribly buggy. Sometimes If i tap to move to a location with a vent in the way, i need to hit the crouch button before getting to the vent, usually the character just stops or runs in place if i don't.

Now I can't compare this game to PC games, however, I will compare it to Mobile games since play it on a mobile device. To be honest this is one of the best Mobile games I have played thus far. Why is because it breaks away from the Skinner's box model, It's a higher quality game compared to Angry Bird or any (insert Indie Game Clone here) and it implemented two different control mechanics: the joystick, and the double tap. If i'm in a hurry to get to an objective, I just double tap everywhere i go to maintain full speed movement; If i'm sneaking past guards or past mines, I use the joystick for finer movement. Personally I don't think most reviews on this game are a little biased because of the success of HR. It's near impossible for a mobile game to fill the shoes of it's PC predecessors. However, I won't condemn it for trying. For a game that runs on a touch screen input system, it stays afloat.
  27. Aug 3, 2013

1. Sep 17, 2013
    The Fall has its flaws, but is definitely an impressive title to a format that keeps surprising us.
  2. Sep 4, 2013
    The game sort of falls apart in combat. [Oct 2013, p.78]
  3. Sep 2, 2013
    The best looking game on mobiles? It's up there. But dodgy shooting controls let it down. [Oct 2013, p.78]