7.1

1. Mar 5, 2014
    Final Fantasy 6, better known as Final Fantasy 3 for the US audience, is a remake of the classic Super Nintendo RPG. It features a wide cast of unique characters that all boos their own unique skills and abilities.

It features multiple quests, side quests and plot lines, the game will keep you busy for a long time. It's colorful world and characters will keep you entertained for awhile.
    At $15.00 on the Apple store, at around 30-ish hours, the game is well worth the investment.

New added features include mostly re-done graphics. Some of them look brand new, some of them simply look like the old graphics with a smoothing texture added to them. The game also boosts a fast battle mode, that remembers you combat decisions and allows you to plow through battles without having to worry about making the same selections over and over again. Even better is the save cloud service that allows you to back up your data so you can carry over to other devices.

So why isn't this game rated "10" like so many reviewers have already rated it? There are a few reasons. To begin with, for some reason they made unnecessary dialog changes that don't have any rhyme or reason. The game's original dialog isn't necessarily overly aggressive or even mature so I can't understand the script changes.

Another thing was they re-named a lot of items in the game, which can make it a tad confusing, especially when it comes to betting items in the battle arena to unlock better equipment. Not all guides will use the same names or terminology which makes it sometimes confusing and frustrating.

The game's difficulty was also toned down quite a bit. I remember the Super Nintendo edition being much more difficult then this version is. You can actually beat the game without too many issues by being around level 40 or 50, but I managed to power level most of my guys to level 99 in under 30 hours. The majority of the time spent playing was side quests and unlocking new spells and such.

Finally, the game is largely anti-climatic, you spend the first half of the game trying to stop a evil empire from taking over the world, you spend the second part of the game, spending time trying to find your friends and save a broken world from utter destruction. The content up to the end is pretty epic and the ride is great, but the ending is the lowest point of the game.

The game ends with cut scenes of your party escaping the final dungeon and then flying off into the sunset with some simple dialog. If you manage to wait for the credits to roll by, there's another very short cut scene spouting nonsensical garbage dialog about the power of friendship and love.

You'd think for a world that was crushed by the hands of a mad man tripping on power, there'd be a better ending about world re-building, the struggle for survival in a world without magic and having to deal with the loss of loved ones. That isn't what you get and the ending kind of ruins the entire trip of the game.

You can save the game after it's all done, but re-loading the game only results in being back at the final save point before the final confrontation of the boss. I was really hoping there was some extra content, maybe involving cleaning up the world and helping the more peaceful kingdoms that managed to actually survive. There's no such extra content and would have been a boon if there was.

Is the game worth it? Yes, it's one of the best retail IOS app released on the Apple store right now, but that doesn't mean it isn't without it's flaws and it doesn't age as well as I had hoped. In the end, it's worth it for anyone who has never played this game before.
  2. Feb 23, 2014
    Final Fantasy VI has never gotten way better than this.

It's also the best app I've ever owned on my Ipad, hands down to the universal app. -Jonathan Bautista
  3. Mar 3, 2014
    Sadly this is a slap in the face of Squaresoft and the people that worked so hard on FFVI on the SNES, let me give every one the right advice, if you want to play this game and not have it look like crap from new grounds go and get a PS vita or even a cheap DS and get the game that way, it will look better, or maybe just wait for a 3DS version that more then likely never come out.
  4. Jul 11, 2014
    PSN/PS1 review:

This game has a lot of fans, and I'm not gonna please them. The thing is, the game feels slow and drawn-out. You play for 10 hours and realize you've spent the majority pressing "fight" and waiting for your characters to deal a number of damage points to the sprite they're up against. The story is epic but not original or mindbending in any way. You could fit it in an
    manga comic and be done with it in 2 hours or less. The rest is transportation and grinding. The visionary quality of the game is apparent, but has been redone so many times it feels clichéd. On PS3, it makes for a bigger experience to play Ni No Kuni. On portable systems, there's Earthbound or Chrono Trigger or even just something that isn't a grindy JRPG (ebooks are great).

I will disclose that I am only halfway through the game, but this afternoon I ragequit after a long sequence of dialogues after a boss fight followed by sudden game over on the world screen because I was left with a useless character and didn't save right away. It might have been my own mistake, but the save system is unforgiving at times, and not in the exciting Dark Souls way, but in the grindy repetitive way where you consider whether you would even do the work for money.

I recommend the game to those who have some special reason to play the game (what do I know, man, it's your life). But to the average gamer, I warn you. It's a long and grindy process.

Oh wait, I forgot about the soundtrack. It is absolutely masterful and kinda makes the game worth sticking with. The soundtrack is the only reason I think 5/10 might be too low a score.
  5. Jul 1, 2014
    Although I prefer Final Fantasy V overall because of it's superior job system, VI is certainly no slouch. The story and characters are awesome, the new graphics are great, the music is top notch, and the job system is still awesome. I recommend picking up Final Fantasy V, and when you finish that, buy this game. Both are amazing and I recommend them to everyone!
  6. May 6, 2014
    The emulator on my ipod did fare WAY better plus it was free. It's a good ol' tactical Final Fantasy unlike those modern Final Fantasy's (Fantasies?) for casuals. The chiptune is great but if anyone says it's cliché, just know that this was a staple that reinforced those tropes all those years back. Bit pricey for a game I could just buy at a pawn shop for a $1.50. Has a bit of a challenge to it.
  7. Feb 13, 2014
    Это классика! Это знать надо. Одна из лучших частей. очень хороший шанс купить шестую часть великой серии. Одна из лучших игр на SNES и GameCube. Советую ее
  8. Oct 25, 2014
    There are times when a 10 is not enough for a game, this one will be played and beloved for decades to come, it set the bar for what an rpg has to be, and has never been surpassed since, this is the peak of RPG gaming and the best final fantasy ever made. Its been a downhill since then for squaresoft.

The story is so detailed without getting boring (skyrim) so humanistic without being
    cheesy, sad without being depressive, and positive in the end as well.
    Characters are amazing, i actually dont like how developers abuse the cute anime look, but thanks to yoshikata amano's designs FF6 has some of the most charming guys around, you play with human beings this time, each one with their hopes and personal issues.

THE MUSIC! Top contender for the best soundtrack ever! in 16bit glory! A mix of classical and progressive influences, best soundtrack by Nobuo Uematsu ever, and he has done lots of them!
    Visually is also intense considering how old the game is, love how square toned down the palette for this one, goes along perfect with the story they are telling, which is epic and poetic.

Battles are not so hard but not so easy as well, they will give you the challenge you need to go along with the story without getting bored.

Not only the best rpg ever, but also one of the best videogames ever, if you hate rpgs play it to see what is all about.

1. Mar 13, 2014
    A not so great conversion of one of the best JRPG ever created. Still, a must have for almost every gamer.
  2. Feb 20, 2014
    Despite the strangeness of some of its surface-level changes, Final Fantasy VI has aged surprisingly well, and holds up beautifully on iOS.
  3. Feb 18, 2014
    Though probably not the definitive Final Fantasy VI experience, this iOS version succeeds in preserving the essence of the original beneath its cosmetic alterations.