3.0

1. Jul 29, 2015
    Aesthetically a very satisfying game. I got quite addicted for a while - enjoyed uncovering stuff and building communities. I think sometimes people are just looking for the wrong things in a game like this - just chillax into it I say.
  2. Aug 18, 2014
    i) hit paywall
    ii) go to settings
    iii) go to date and time iv) turn off "set automatically" v) scroll forward N hours / days. Et voila. This is a very enjoyable, rendered more enjoyable by the complete avoidability of the paywall. I'm now running out of enjoyment, but I've had a good >25hrs of play, far more than I get out of most iOS titles. I've now hit the point where
    i) hit paywall
    ii) go to settings
    iii) go to date and time
    iv) turn off "set automatically"
    v) scroll forward N hours / days.

Et voila.

I've now hit the point where there's nowt left to explore, and not much to do bar harvest resources to sculpt more plateaux to build more b*stard huge resource producers. Which is fine, like. But begins to get a bit samey.

Controls, as others detail in greater depth, are also a bit wonky.
  3. Aug 13, 2014
    Please only read the comments of the critics this game is not as bad as everybody else seems to make it out to be it does not deserve a zero or 3 frankly this is a good idea with standard pay to play ideas and the whole you have to wait a long time is a legitimate complaints but despite that it's far more enjoyable than most people make it out to be the graphics while simply passable canPlease only read the comments of the critics this game is not as bad as everybody else seems to make it out to be it does not deserve a zero or 3 frankly this is a good idea with standard pay to play ideas and the whole you have to wait a long time is a legitimate complaints but despite that it's far more enjoyable than most people make it out to be the graphics while simply passable can actually be interesting once you start to play the game more and more the game has an unlimited playing mechanic if AND ONLY IF you are incredibly skilled The time takes for you to actually be able to do something new and to keep playing is actually very small something a lot of people have neglected to mention (it takes literally 30 seconds before you can actually do something small and minor but it's better to just wait it out of whole day) The gameplay can be a bit hard to control and this can screw you over in some of the quote unquote puzzle sections and while that was an extremely annoying experience that I had it hasn't exactly ruined the entire game for me yes you have to wait a lot and yes the design simplistic and yes the gameplay is simplistic but even still there is quite a bit to enjoy and go through the game to your own pace and the fact that it's a fee to play game means that it's also something you can quit very easily it's a game where you can stop at any point in time without feeling really guilty that you haven't visited your followers for and such and such time or you haven't gone through some of the puzzle sections in a long time there isn't really a daily login bonus yet or at least as far as I have gotten now for the people backed up the game this can actually be a very very very annoying game to go through as you do you have to wait and you do have to take a long time with this and it is available for mobile platforms which will probably get the biggest chunk of attention But dang it this is a review for the iOS version and you should take that as a positive note you will find The occasional ai walking bug that can really screw you over and while that does provide a giant piece of frustration you can overlook that so long as you can find a way around it here's the thing though most of the time you can't for one simple reason the camera doesn't turn out around and you're always going to be looking things through one way now you can zoom in and you can zoom out but you can't turn the camera around the game uses this design a very frustrating way at some point and there is requirement to turn the camera I'm not kidding this is what you will say dear readers and dear devs I want fixed immediately I know you're not going to do that because you've taken the lazy route to making this game but still major issue please fix it also for the love of God take out some of the mechanics all they do is just increase the loading times seriously that's not what we want to do we want to feel like we're making progress rather than just increasing the loading time we are investing in some upgrade because we are in fact building big your houses or doing different things make us feel like we can be rewarded for our actions because we actually invested in something that we would want rather than invest In something because the game did not have enough loading times I imagine this will get more and more frustrating but I want updates to help this issue rather than updates that make it worse now putting that aside you could've done a better job with audio you could have done a better job with the graphics let's not kid ourselves here it would've also been nice if you actually randomized the map so that online players can play with each other (curiosity was popular because of that) I know it could be a lot to implement but maybe as a future update or a completely separate game that is paid now I understand this my 10 is not a 10 this game deserves a max score of 5 but it's better than 1.5/10 (seriously guys) now I expect to edit this review heavily but I also expect to be vastly disappointed for future updates if you can surprise me great but you have lost plenty of interest in my eyes and I'm sure in everyone else's

P.S.
    Thanks everyone for reading my grammatically flawed review (Siri will do that) and I'm only giving this a ten from other reader reviews when I was writing this it was a 1.5 so I hope this didn't trick you into thinking this was acceptable

1. Jan 10, 2015
    So two weeks into my Godus adventure I took stock of what I was doing and realised it was nothing more than checking into the game a couple of times a day to click on various things and collect my resources with a view to having enough currency - termed Belief - to knock down a mountain that was in my way. It turns out God can move mountains, but man is it expensive.
  2. Games Master UK
    Sep 19, 2014
    Play this on mobile and prepare to feel robbed. [Nov 2014, p.80]
  3. Aug 25, 2014
    Godus is no more and no less than a freemium civilization game, marked by long waits and few interesting ideas, like the lemming-style minigame and the earth-shape feature. It’s very nice to watch, but not so much to play.