• Publisher: A Sharp
  • Release Date: Feb 14, 2011
  • Also On: PC
7.8

1. Jul 29, 2014
    I played this game thoroughly for a few weeks and beat it a few times so it's not like I didn't give it a chance or didn't learn how to play. I was looking for a 4x type game and after reading all the great reviews this game has here and on meta critic I dropped the ten bucks on it. If you're thinking of getting this game let me tell you, these people boasting over it are total fanboys,I played this game thoroughly for a few weeks and beat it a few times so it's not like I didn't give it a chance or didn't learn how to play. I was looking for a 4x type game and after reading all the great reviews this game has here and on meta critic I dropped the ten bucks on it. If you're thinking of getting this game let me tell you, these people boasting over it are total fanboys, this game is worth 1 maybe 2 dollars max, 10 is a crime. This company should be ashamed of themselves for charging this price.

It appears very intricate and it is hard and addictive at first but once you figure it out you discover that the gameplay is very predetermined. If you want to not die then you are forced into using the same playstyle everytime. The scenarios and storylines are plentiful but after one playthrough they become very repetitive, there is very little replay value unless you are super into learning the all the lore in the game.

There is a lot of nice artwork and very in depth lore. If you're really into that then maybe this is the game for you. If you're looking for an actual strategy game then look elsewhere, there are great games out there that blow KoDP out of the water and cost half the price.

By the way I've never written a review for anything before, but I had to post this because it's just wrong how all these people are misleading everyone by rating this so high.

1. Jun 24, 2013
    You have but two options : wait for an indie to craft a modernized version, as rich and enticing as The King of Dragon Pass is, or overlook the dated production values of the original in order to enjoy it right here, right now. Sure, this Sim/RPG game isn't for the faint of heart... you need to be a potential king in order to survive it. But here's all the fun.
  2. Apr 16, 2013
    Choose how to rule your barbarian tribe in this remake of a PC classic.
  3. Dec 19, 2011
    A text based RPG. It features moral decisions that shapes your adventure.