7.6

1. Jun 25, 2013
    Knights of Pen and Paper is an easy game to get into and could be a pretty large time sink if you want it to be. You play the role of a group of D&D players on a quest for adventure. During the adventure, the game tends to take on real world aspects and affects the players directly, not just their characters. The mechanics are simple, easy and can get tiring after a while due to a lack of variety. But you unlock classes as you play, which can give you a little more variety. But they start at level 1, so you'll have to work to get them up where the rest of your characters are.
    I played the PC version, and I greatly enjoyed it. It was a bit more expensive, But I'd say it was fun enough to distract me for a while. There are plenty of references to many other games (not just RPGs or Table-top, but gaming in general). You'll have a few good chuckles at some of it, to be sure.
    Overall, the game is fun and has a lot of unique ideas behind it. But it's a tad simpler than what I would have liked and things tend to become pointlessly repetitive once you've leveled a team high enough and found out what combination of attacks and abilities deal out the most effective amounts of damage.
    It's a solid B-game and if you have a little extra spending money and some time to kill, it's worth a look. Otherwise, maybe wait til a Steam sale.
  2. Jun 25, 2013
    Very fun game, only 2 pound and i can see myself getting another 5 hours out of it, but the PC version is 7 pound!, worth getting it on iOS because it runs the same but is 5 pound cheaper
  3. Aug 5, 2013
    This is up there with angry birds and Plants vs. zombies. Knights of Pnp is basically one of the best DnD games you could buy for your cell phone. The game is all in 16 -bit and the songs are very old school compared to the two games I referenced earlier. The gameplay is really good and if you hate rpgs don't even bother trying this game. You have the choice of five or so characters that you can give a class to. There are many different classes like the mage and a warrior but there are also some secret classes like bard and other random classes that are just as fun to use. There are four main attacks in which you can use there experience points to increase there damage points and other cool abilities. The game is very long and I have only beating the main story line. If your looking for a new rpg and are looking for a great time killer this it the game made for for. Also just as a little of an incentive to play this game, there are a lot of game references in it and if you buy the +1 pack you get an after story and bonus quest that will take you hours to complete. Expand

1. Jul 4, 2013
    Knights of Pen & Paper is a tribute to pen & paper role-playing.
  2. Jul 2, 2013
    Knights of Pen and Paper is being praised as a pocket sized Dungeons & Dragons-simulator. Because of the indie-spirit, many geeky references and addicting gameplay you might actually start to believe it. But then you’d be fooling yourself and you’re missing the essence of role playing games. This is a grinding simulator, not a night of D&D.
  3. Apr 15, 2013
    Retro games have been a popular niche market for a while now, and they exist in a whole spectrum from goofy parody to heart-attack serious. And yet Knights of Pen & Paper somehow manages to find a slot in that spectrum that hasn't been filled yet: the fairly humorous take on tabletop gaming.