*** Osmos is 66% off for a limited time!! *** Experience the awesomeness Apple named "iPhone App of the Week," GameAndPlayer called "a work of genius," and IGN chose as the #1 overall iPhone game! Osmos is part physics-based eat-'em-up, part ambient, cosmic simulator,*** Osmos is 66% off for a limited time!! *** Experience the awesomeness Apple named "iPhone App of the Week," GameAndPlayer called "a work of genius," and IGN chose as the #1 overall iPhone game! Osmos is part physics-based eat-'em-up, part ambient, cosmic simulator, and part Darwinistic game of survival. This award-winning PC game has been fully redesigned for the iPhone, featuring full Retina Display support, fluid multitouch controls, lush, flowing visuals, and a chill, ambient electronic soundtrack.
Some describe Osmos as "Asteroids meets a lava-lamp," others as "Katamari meets Lunar Lander," but all have said it's a game you must experience to appreciate. Your goal is to grow by absorbing smaller motes, but to propel yourself you must eject matter behind you, causing you to shrink. From this fundamental balance, Osmos leads the player through ambient playgrounds, deep solar systems, competitive petri dishes, dense mote-fields, and more.
- Multitouch awesomeness: pinch to zoom, tap to eject mass, flick to warp time...
- Two game modes: Odyssey and Arcade. Odyssey mode is a 27-level guided tour through the Osmos Blobiverse, while Arcade mode allows you to play any level type at your choice of difficulty. (72 levels total.)
- Dynamic time-warping: slow down the flow of time to outmaneuver agile opponents; speed it up to raise the challenge
- Eight Distinct level types: Ambient, Antimatter, Solar, Sentient, Impasse, Warped Chaos, Epicycles, and Repulsor.
- Sublime electronic soundtrack by Loscil, Gas/High Skies, Julien Neto, Biosphere, and more.
- Wind your way through simple and complex solar systems; feel and use the force of Attractors and Repulsors.
- Intelligent AI: confront opponents with distinct personalities, goals and abilities similar to your own.
- Procedural content: play random versions of any level in Arcade mode.
- Thirteen lucky achievements to earn, with OpenFeint integration.
- Nominated for 4 IGF awards.
- Winner of the D2D Vision award and IGN's Editor's Choice award.
- Winner of "Best in Show" and "Fun/Compelling" at IndieCade.
- Selected for the PAX 10, Spike VGAs, and more.
9/10, Editor’s Choice, “Magnificent. It’s hard to pinpoint a favorite feature. The clever gameplay? The atmosphere? The variety of stages? The art direction? It all comes together to make one of the best iPhone games of 2010.” -IGN
4.5/5 stars - “Whether you’re a veteran of the desktop version or a first-timer, Osmos should absolutely be your next iPhone purchase. This is an outstanding adaptation of an outstanding game. Buy it.” -Gamezebo
“This is one of those games that must really be experienced by everyone, and can now be enjoyed by iPad and iPhone owners alike.” -Touch Arcade
4.5/5 - "Osmos is as close to gaming perfection in its genre that I’ve ever played. Stunningly beautiful, Simple and engaging gameplay, Engrossing music." -Touch Reviews
5/5 - “A dreamy cosmic survival game.” -AppSmile
A - "One of the most unique and interesting games in the App Store, with graphics, music, and gameplay that all merit a high recommendation.” -iLounge
4/4, Must Have - “Remember Spore, the Will Wright creation...? Osmos is the game Wright probably meant to create: It’s quiet, thoughtful, and somehow profound... Osmos thoroughly draws you into its world with a space-age soundtrack, multitouch controls that feel practically invisible, and a visual aesthetic that lies somewhere between a Nova documentary and a lava lamp. It is a cerebral, mood-altering game. Turn down the lights, plug in some headphones, and let yourself get drawn in, it’s an unforgettable gaming experience.” -Slide To Play
*Refers to original PC/Mac version… Expand
Positive: 6 out of 6
Mixed: 0 out of 6
Negative: 0 out of 6
Positive: 3 out of 3
Mixed: 0 out of 3
Negative: 0 out of 3
Apr 25, 2013This game require precision & patient more importantly.The soundtrack is awesome,game is highly addictive with nice graphics overall ,ThisThis game require precision & patient more importantly.The soundtrack is awesome,game is highly addictive with nice graphics overall ,This game is bit hard to master.it is a game for people who like challenges.… Expand
Aug 2, 2012that's one of the best games i have ever played. it has a very nice style. it was a bit expensive ($4.99 - i don't know maybe i should havethat's one of the best games i have ever played. it has a very nice style. it was a bit expensive ($4.99 - i don't know maybe i should have waited). it gets really difficult and sometimes you don't want to wait for your life form to move bit by bit but i still like it a lot… Expand
Jan 19, 2012Gentle and relaxing, yet unnervingly difficult in some levels. Osmos is one of a kind and has done well on other platforms. Luckily for us,Gentle and relaxing, yet unnervingly difficult in some levels. Osmos is one of a kind and has done well on other platforms. Luckily for us, the developers at Hemisphere have made Osmos on iPhone just as fun as it is on any other platform. It scales marvelously to the smaller screen and the added mobility may even make it better in a way.… Collapse
- By user score