Real Racing 3 iOS

5.7

1. Sep 5, 2013
    Another Game ruined by Eletronic Arts.

Another Game ruined by Eletronic Arts.

2. Nov 23, 2015
    The game is just bad, the driving its not that satisfating. The IAP is frustrating, there are hackers everywhere and the music is just awful aswell as the car sounds.
  3. Feb 28, 2013
    An amazing achievement of graphics and game-play on a mobile device. Sadly, EA got involved, and most of the design decisions have thus revolved around the one big question... "How can we force our users to pay more money". The result is one of the most horrible gaming experiences I have come across, where forced waiting times, forced upgrades and unavoidable vehicle damage (ie justAn amazing achievement of graphics and game-play on a mobile device. Sadly, EA got involved, and most of the design decisions have thus revolved around the one big question... "How can we force our users to pay more money". The result is one of the most horrible gaming experiences I have come across, where forced waiting times, forced upgrades and unavoidable vehicle damage (ie just *using* a vehicle gives it damage) attempt to extract as much real money as possible. Its cynical and oh so frustrating to see in what would otherwise be a show-stopping experience. Expand
  4. Mar 3, 2013
    So this game is a better looking, better sounding Real Racing 2. The time shifted multiplayer is an awesome idea and works quite well. So why 1 star? Repair costs: higher end cars can cost thousands to repair, and you can't cover the cost if you don't win 1st in a race (and some events have really cheap payouts). To restart a race, you actually have to exit the app, and quit it from theSo this game is a better looking, better sounding Real Racing 2. The time shifted multiplayer is an awesome idea and works quite well. So why 1 star? Repair costs: higher end cars can cost thousands to repair, and you can't cover the cost if you don't win 1st in a race (and some events have really cheap payouts). To restart a race, you actually have to exit the app, and quit it from the fast app switcher. After performing maintenance, the "race" button is now replaced with a "repair now" button. Same colour and size too, so it's really easy to accidently spend 6 coins because you forgot about the timer. The multiplayer oftens chooses a good set of opponents, but some races are so easy, you end up lapping 2nd place. Other races pitted my stock Audi against all Porshe 911s which it was impossible to climb above 11th place. Expand
  5. Mar 1, 2013
    When i download and start a racing game and the game tells me after few minutes: your done. you cant race anymore. wait or way... i cannot help but feel insulted.

I maybe *could* understand this kind of behavior in facebook games or casuals. But inserting this kind of mechanik to a game that is clearly designed for GAMERS is nothing short of stupid. I would gladly pay 10... what the hell... even 20 Euro for this kind of game. Upfront. But this way: I hope you get the bill EA... I hope people realise there is a line crossed...
  6. Mar 9, 2013
    Tried to delight people with good graphics, but it fails in the basic, and despite it's "free", the game begs to money spent. When the game have a price (coming with the paid features) and do the basic better, it will deserve a "3" as score.
  7. May 14, 2014
    It's a great game killed by in app purchase and (since Feb 2014) by constant adverts before and after every race. Just so you know for 100% completion you will have to splash money on RR3 considering that the dozen of high end cars cost about £50 each, and you will have to buy the upgrades for each car separately for about another £50. In total we're talking of over a thousand pounds, IIt's a great game killed by in app purchase and (since Feb 2014) by constant adverts before and after every race. Just so you know for 100% completion you will have to splash money on RR3 considering that the dozen of high end cars cost about £50 each, and you will have to buy the upgrades for each car separately for about another £50. In total we're talking of over a thousand pounds, I think that's a valid reason to be angry against EA. Also there are lots of cheaters in the multiplayer game, it's not rare to see players completing laps in a couple of seconds. Expand
  8. Mar 1, 2013
    Graphically on par with Real Racing 2, maybe a slight edge over the previous release but the new IAP system and the fact that you must wait a specified amount of time for servicing your vehicle is a nail in the coffin for this game. I'll stick to Real Racing 2, a far more enjoyable game. If EA continues to release free-to-play games as they stated they will, Real Racing 2 may be the lastGraphically on par with Real Racing 2, maybe a slight edge over the previous release but the new IAP system and the fact that you must wait a specified amount of time for servicing your vehicle is a nail in the coffin for this game. I'll stick to Real Racing 2, a far more enjoyable game. If EA continues to release free-to-play games as they stated they will, Real Racing 2 may be the last of it's kind. Expand
  9. Jun 2, 2013
    I've been playing this great game for a long time and now I can tell with no shadow of doubt that the microtransactiom system just screwed the all the game. Great phisics, graphics that are just incredible... You can see that someone spent a lot of time in every detail to make a great game. But, come on! Get 800$ after winning a game with a car worth 500.000$ and that any of it's 20-30I've been playing this great game for a long time and now I can tell with no shadow of doubt that the microtransactiom system just screwed the all the game. Great phisics, graphics that are just incredible... You can see that someone spent a lot of time in every detail to make a great game. But, come on! Get 800$ after winning a game with a car worth 500.000$ and that any of it's 20-30 upgrades costs at least 40.000$? Looks like someone is trying hard to make me spend some money. Until now you could say that I'm just afraid to spend some dollars, but even that part is just ridiculous... If you pay 10 dollars, a reasonably amount of money for apps and a price that I would certainly would payed for this game, you can have only 300.000$ of the game money. You can buy only one car and maybe upgrade it. And not even a great car. You gonna need dozens of fully updated cars to get to the half of the game. The 5 millions pack costs 100 dollars... It's just too much for a app. For me it's the only pack that really could make the game more easy. The first ones just don't make real difference.
    I could understand that kind a system (with, obviously, lower prices) on a facebook game or some game for casual players, but in a harcore game like this? They just ruined a big game.
  10. Nov 2, 2013
    These people want you to fork over $200 usd just to get you through the first six series of the game. That means, several hundred races. And you wont see any real racing cars yet, that doesn’t start for another 6 series.

Don’t want to pay? You can bore yourself to death racing like an idiot over an over to raise money to purchase cars and pay for the expensive upgrades. Mind you, any race you lose you will have to be waiting for a long time until you get to race again. For example, service time on a Porsche in the “Everyday Heroes” race is 1h and 50 mins.

So, even if you spend $200, it wont get you anywhere. That is 20 times the fair price for mobile game like that and you still end up empty handed and frustrated.

This should serve as a warning to parents, because their children could rack up quite a bill if they have access to their Apple Store password.

Last but not least, the game features the cheesiest soundtrack I have ever heard on a racing game.

My recommendation: If you are a fan of racing simulations, buy yourself a PlayStation 4 with Gran Turismo. For a fraction of the price you will get full access to an REAL racing simulation with an amazing soundtrack, Formula 1 cars, rally cars and it is a delightful experience.

Veredict: Gave Real Racing 3 a 1 star review and uninstalled it from my iPad.
  11. Nov 17, 2013
    The only thing I like about Real Racing 3 is the cars. What I disliked are the use of multiplayer, service, the way to unlock the cars, and the difficulty to win races in 1st place.
  12. Jun 28, 2014
    This game is all about trying to get you to spend money... specifically to buy gold. After some initial money based upgrades to cars that you can win the game they start making it so you can only do upgrades with gold which you cannot accumulate fast enough. You can't fully upgrade cars without using gold which the game does to provide enough opportunity to accumulate. 26 gold to go fromThis game is all about trying to get you to spend money... specifically to buy gold. After some initial money based upgrades to cars that you can win the game they start making it so you can only do upgrades with gold which you cannot accumulate fast enough. You can't fully upgrade cars without using gold which the game does to provide enough opportunity to accumulate. 26 gold to go from 200 -> 201 mph and it takes you 20 races to get 26 gold so they want you to buy gold packs.

The Euro Supercar Duel is a good example. The last race requires a performance rating of 47. My Bentley Countinental Supersports has a PR of 45.3. Engine upgrade level 5 costs 18 gold and takes the car to 45.6, still far away from the required 47. It will take at least 70 gold to get the car to the required 47. So you spend 70 gold which takes forever to do with gameplay and then when you win all the races you'll win about 22 gold. So you will need to spend at least 100 gold to get the car to the minimum level to be eligible to win the level and you'll win 22 gold.

Simply, the game is designed to get you to spend money.
  13. Jul 17, 2014
    The amazing graphics for an mobile device and sounds, not to mention the over 50 real life licensed cars from performance to hyper grades,definitely recommend to play this game on an newer generation iPad, however just as i was expected by a free-to-play game published by EA, this game constantly want you to pay no matter upgrades or cars. This make me and I'm pretty sure other playersThe amazing graphics for an mobile device and sounds, not to mention the over 50 real life licensed cars from performance to hyper grades,definitely recommend to play this game on an newer generation iPad, however just as i was expected by a free-to-play game published by EA, this game constantly want you to pay no matter upgrades or cars. This make me and I'm pretty sure other players who want to enjoy the game feel annoyed, not to mention the feeling of driving these cars seems to slow for a racing game.

Final Verdict: play this game only for it's graphics and sound effects, otherwise be prepared to get interrupted by the constant pay-to-win contents.
  14. Jun 3, 2015
    This game is ridiculously overpriced. You can actually buy a REAL car for less than it costs in real money to buy all the virtual cars in the game. You are better off avoiding it - if you do have the £1000s required to play this to the end then you may as well buy every console available and every racing game ever made and it will still be cheaper than this game. And now the developersThis game is ridiculously overpriced. You can actually buy a REAL car for less than it costs in real money to buy all the virtual cars in the game. You are better off avoiding it - if you do have the £1000s required to play this to the end then you may as well buy every console available and every racing game ever made and it will still be cheaper than this game. And now the developers (Firemonkeys and EA) have just made it even MORE expensive (June 2015). Expand
  15. Oct 9, 2015
    EA Real Racin
    Just as one might say about an incompetent driver mishandling a beautiful super car "nice car, shame about the driver", so one might say about Real Racing 3 (Real Ripoff or Ripoff Racing - either name fits like a glove) "nice game, shame about the developer". Talk about being utterly and completely driven by greed, this game takes the biscuit at every level.
    And they have
    EA Real Racin
    And they have the temerity to talk about honour. What brought on this rant? Well it's been building ever since I first discovered the superb Real Racing 3 graphics, handling and sheer visual pleasure it delivers. However, within 5 minutes of playing this game I found my joy and pleasure utterly overshadowed by the two game playing protocols of entrapment and extortion that EA have brought as their legacy ever since acquiring the original developers and, most regrettably, this game.
    Why entrapment? They bill it as a free game, and it is free, to download and install. And it is so damned compelling to play, and this is where the extortion comes in. From the first engine rev in a race, any race, EA are degrading the performance of the car so it will need a 'service' after about 10 KM or a few laps of racing, a 'service' that will not only entail payment in one of the two currencies of the game, R$, but will also entail a wait, hours to days long in some cases, while the car is 'serviced'. A wait? Whatever for? Haven't I just paid for the service? Well, here is the entrapment again. You want to carry on immediately? Of course you do. So if you let us extort some racing gold, the other currency, from you, we can 'expedite' the 'servicing'. You can also buy more 'mechanics', for racing gold of course, and does this mean the service times are reduced? Don't be so silly, of course not.
    All this sounds quite trivial and meaningless, after all your racing wins are earning you R$ and racing Gold, aren't they? Well, yes, but at a rate that is so utterly disproportionate with the cost of racing, a balance that has been skilfully worked out by EA that in order to ensure the unbroken continuity of the experience, the player will very rapidly turn to the online purchase options which is what the game is all about, at least as far as EA is concerned.
    Online purchases? Oh dear! That old hoary chestnut. EA offer you packs of R$ and racing gold starting from £4.99 all the way up to £99.99. Gosh that's a lot! So, if I wish to continue playing this 'free' game without these tiresome wait periods (many hours to days for faster cars) after a few laps of racing, surely if I buy, say £40 worth (about what a console game costs), that will be that, won't it?
    Would that that were true. As you progress in the game and acquire new cars, which start to cost about 10 to 100 races worth of winnings and then set about upgrading them with each tiny increment costing another 10 - 100 races worth of winnings for fractional improvements and of course some enhancements and cars can only be acquired with racing gold, rare as hen's teeth, you quickly realise why there are £99.99 packs of online purchases, of which you will require many, many, many packs to continue unhindered play. The actual cost of this 'free' game can run into many, many hundreds of £s, enough indeed to buy every console and every console racing game available today. In fact, more than enough to buy a real car.
    Then of course there are the wonderful, 'generous' special events to 'win for free' an upmarket expensive car. Well that can't be bad! Well, actually it's dreadful, as you might expect given the EA touch. The car will be provided in its base form and every tiny upgrade will cost more than the car itself and some increments will only be available with, rare as hen's teeth, racing gold. And do try winning the races, a necessary criteria for 'winning' the car, without making the disproportionately expensive upgrades if only as an exercise in frustration, further compounded by the hours long 'service' cycle every few laps. Should you persevere with this folly and actually 'win the free car' you will have paid about 10-50 times its worth had you bought it normally.
    Buying a car is another extortion bottleneck where every car purchased, the further you progress, costs many race wins worth (up to 100+ for faster cars) and entails several hours to days of waiting for it to be 'delivered', expedited of course by paying, again, with, rare as hen's teeth, racing gold. The same extortionate formula is applied to upgrading with many hours to days for 'R&D' to complete, but with, of course, the 'give us a few quid and we'll shorten it for you' philosophy in play.

The driving and the courses are another source of considerable irritation and bad behaviour introduced by EA. The irritation comes from the fact that the racing and courses are endlessly repetitive with the same courses, trials and tests for every new car, level and competition; over and over and over and over the same old, same old. The bad behaviour co
  16. Jan 22, 2016
    Real ricer review
    Graphics
    Looks like a console game

EA cash grab level
    42036021/8
    Tricking peopl into nice graphics BUT TeRrIbLe gameplay
    Almost every single thing is a grimick
    The cars,gameplay,cars,iap
    Physics sux hel
    Moi score-0/10
  17. May 27, 2016
    Let's start with the positives. After playing this game for nearly a year it has amazing gameplay, excellent graphics and latest cars. For a free app it is the ultimate!

But, you are drawing yourself into a massive swindle. 1 of two things will happen when you play. Option 1: you will play for free and never pay into the game. If so you will not be able to complete it unless you

Option 1: you will play for free and never pay into the game. If so you will not be able to complete it unless you spend about 1000 hours of your life repeated playing one race to earn the Gold currency needed for any good car or ridiculously expensive upgrades.

Option 2: you will purchase gold to make progress. Do not expect this to be cheap. You will probably need to spend somewhere between £1000 gbp to £10000 gbp (depending on how many hours you want to go in circles from option 1) to complete the game. Note that if you do make an in app purchase you will LOSE 15 free GC a day. So effectively giving your money away anyway. Wait a month and you can gain that in watching free ads anyway. Some users are questioning the legality of this.

Lastly, although there is a support email, don't expect it to be seriously considered. It will mostly be brushed aside and about 1 time in ten you will get the help you need.

Oh, there is one other problem. The game is so good you will get addicted and then drawn into one of the complaint situations at some point!

1. Games Master UK
    Apr 13, 2013
    A great game with gorgeous looks spoiled by excessive in-app demands. [May 2013, p.86]
  2. Hyper Magazine
    Apr 9, 2013
    A fantastic tablet racing game, but one that greatly overestimates its own importance and value with slow progress and expensive in-app purchases. [May 2013, p.81]
  3. Apr 4, 2013
    With the beautiful graphics and large amount of content, Real Racing 3 could be one of the best games the smartphone has ever seen. However the microtransactions and long waiting times take away much of the fun.