6.0

1. Jan 25, 2014
    My conclusion is the game just has too many issues for me to fully enjoy and here's why:

The game does have potential but the delay I get from the servers gives me so much trouble. Enemy players are never exactly where they appear and its practically impossible for me to land a melee attack especially if the enemy and I see each other at the same time. I get knocked down by players from behind corners before I can even see them. I get shot and killed even after it appears that I have put some cover between my opponent and myself. I have to estimate where a player actually is when I fire and shoot slightly ahead of them if I want to have any hope of hitting them. It's a nightmare and a mess. On top of that there are games where my soldier suddenly dies and I get a message that says I have committed suicide...

There are three tiers of game play that sort players by their experience earned. The game appears to be designed to be accessible to new players in tiers 1 (levels 1-9) with new weapons being easy to earn and to an extent in tier 2 (10-19) but if you want to stand a decent chance in tier 3 (20-50) you basically have to spend money or spend a long time grinding and competing against players who have earned (or spent...) lots more money and have superior equipment. The fact that I can't even land a melee attack because of technical issues makes any number of dollars I spend to gain equipment irrelevant. I will always be at a disadvantage with this game.

1. Apr 11, 2013
    It is indeed better, more complete and entertaining than the first version, but still we think there's something missing. The freemium concept makes its offer more accessible, so if you're a fan of the genre it's worth a try.
  2. Jan 17, 2013
    A blindingly gorgeous shooter and an absolute bargain. [Feb 2013, p.92]
  3. Dec 4, 2012
    You can see that Shadowgun: Deadzone has potential, but it's also largely unfinished, with lots of lag, serious crashes and few contents. It's free to download though, so it's easy to recommend to try it and eventually keeping your fingers crossed for some huge upgrades.