• Publisher: Aspyr
  • Release Date: May 30, 2013
  • Also On: PC
8.2

1. Jun 5, 2013
    Not a terrible game by any means but not a patch on the PC version. Why? The controls. If you aren't super dexterous with thin, strong fast moving fingers this "slide to move" adaptation rapidly becomes a complete pain the the rear end. The rest of the game might well be great but 20 minutes smashing into objects and failing to get through doors was enough for me to uninstall the gameNot a terrible game by any means but not a patch on the PC version. Why? The controls. If you aren't super dexterous with thin, strong fast moving fingers this "slide to move" adaptation rapidly becomes a complete pain the the rear end. The rest of the game might well be great but 20 minutes smashing into objects and failing to get through doors was enough for me to uninstall the game and download the PC version from Steam (which is a lot cheaper than this Ipad version as well..less than 1/2 the price the day I got it) Works flawlessly and you cen enjoy the great game rather than be constantly frustrated by its awkward control system Expand
  2. Jun 1, 2013
    Played the game on my PC years ago and then on my Mac some time ago and when I saw it came to the App Store I just couldn't believe it. And it came seemingly out of nowhere! I was refreshing the store like crazy when I read the news that it was out. Hot stuff!
    Aspyr have done really great job with this port, the game plays like charm. It's even better than it was on the PC or Mac, as the interface is so suitable for the touchscreen. Some have said that there were some movement issues, but there are none for me. You just need to swipe to run, and then there is the almighty pause button anyway and it's very accessible. Nothing more to say here, really. A great port, plays like it did ten years ago but on the iPad(!), which is more than awesome for me. Some have complained about the graphics not having been improved, but what for? The game looks great anyway and it's not the graphics that make it the classic it has been from the release day.
    Overall impression: epic story, great gameplay, great replay value, cheap (for what it is), an instant buy!

1. Sep 17, 2013
    KOTOR has not aged well. A fact which came as a nasty surprise along with horrible playability. For what it’s worth, the story still stands.
  2. Jul 29, 2013
    Experience a bona-fide role-playing classic, on the go. An essential iPad purchase. [Sept 2013, p.80]
  3. Jul 5, 2013
    It's a true classic, not only one of the best games ever to carry the Star Wars brand but one of the best RPGs of all time. The ability to carry this classic with you and play it wherever and whenever you choose is proof that we are, indeed, living in amazing times.