7.2

1. Jun 4, 2013
    Despite my score, WHQ is not an average game. It's a great game held back by too many issues. The game does an extremely poor job of explaining its mechanics and what various items mean. Even the journal (in-game manual) is poorly written, and many useful pieces of information are nowhere to be found. Determining tactics is hard when the game gives no indication of the odds for your attackDespite my score, WHQ is not an average game. It's a great game held back by too many issues. The game does an extremely poor job of explaining its mechanics and what various items mean. Even the journal (in-game manual) is poorly written, and many useful pieces of information are nowhere to be found. Determining tactics is hard when the game gives no indication of the odds for your attack either. Then there's the technical issues including spelling mistakes, items don't highlight when selected, and the game's already frozen-up on me a few times.

It's a shame because there's a lot to like here. The game looks great. Rotating to access your inventory is a great idea on an iPhone (even if annoying on an iPad). I like the way flavor text pops up for the random events (even if tiny on an iPhone). It's universal with cloud saves. And what I have been able to figure out of the core game is a lot of fun. There's a lot of items with a lot to do, and the game loves to kick you when you're down which helps keep it interesting.

Also, I have no issue with the IAP which is mainly an expansion and extra characters (extra gold is pointless when you can lose it to random encounters). There are far worse issues with WHQ which is disappointing. A little more work here and there could have made this a five-star game.
  2. Jun 2, 2013
    Slick visuals, engaging battles and some genuine seat-of-the-pants moments, where your party's life hangs in the balance, combine to make a very enjoyable and compelling experience.

Minus 1 mark because of the in-app purchases, which kind of mar the otherwise brilliant sheen the game has.
  3. Jun 11, 2013
    Best iPad game I have played in yet. Great graphics. Pretty simple and fun to play. I never played the boardgame, but this would appeal to any D&D tactics strategy game person.

It could be more challenging and have a bit more variety, but I spent like $6 on the game so who is complaining. I hope they come out with more DLC. Sure they charge for new classes, but it's like 3 bucks. Who cares
  4. May 5, 2014
    The game is simply amazing. Though you have to spend some bucks on iAP, it's really worth it. Old World, Elves, Dwarves, Trolls and lots of other cool stuff. This game definitely ranks amongst my favourite.
  5. Jun 13, 2014
    A great game! Very addictive. If not the few bugs causing the game to close in the middle of the battle, it would be the best ios game ever. I highly recommend it if you like RPGs

1. Oct 7, 2013
    Warhammer Quest is a good looking and accurate conversion of the board game, which works well in small doses. On longer sessions copy-paste environments sand monsters start to bore. [Aug 2013]
  2. Sep 26, 2013
    Warhammer Quest is beholden to the classics. Though it takes too long to show its best qualities, it satisfies the strategy RPG itch beautifully when it finally does. The loot and party-building shine bright enough to forgive a few of the darker spots.
  3. Jul 29, 2013
    Samey arenas and a dull narrative means that this doesn't quite hit the nail on the head. [Sept 2013, p.79]