• Publisher: Simogo
  • Release Date: Feb 21, 2013
  • Also On: PC
7.6

1. Feb 22, 2013
    Do yourself a favor and download this app in addition to the free Companion app. Read the latter before diving into the former. Steer clear of faqs or walkthroughs. Experience these journies for yourself, firsthand... and always, always stay after the credits. Who knows... you might be able to solve this thing. Good luck.
  2. Feb 24, 2013
    This is a fantastic game! If you're looking for something scary and fun, you've found it. The whole game lasts about an hour and the overall effect is that of reading a really fantastic short story. I finished the game this morning and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it.

Also, be warned, it is quite scary for an iOS game, especially if you don't know what to expect. I was
    playing this last night, and I literally had to stop because it was freaking me out too much.

Enjoy.
  3. Feb 28, 2013
    This is such a good game! I completely agree with the reviewer who urged against reading walkthroughs or guides before getting the game. Here's what I suggest: download the free companion app and read through the Swedish folklore. If you're intrigued after that, buy the game and enjoy the short, immersive, unforgettable experience.
  4. Feb 28, 2013
    This game is absolutely fantastic. The puzzles are hard enough to be challenging, but easy enough to still be fun, making for an ultimately rewarding experience. The artistry and game-design is unique and completely top-notch. The run time is, unfortunately, far too short, but this does not change the fact that the game--along with the companion app--is more than worth the money. If you're looking for an atmospheric and thought-provoking puzzler, this is definitely worth your while. Expand
  5. Mar 2, 2013
    This is, by far my favorite IPhone game I've ever played! How the atmosphere blends perfectly with the puzzles is brilliant. Speaking of puzzles, the puzzles were especially well done and very clever. You don't even want to use a walk through by how smart they are. This is the most interactive game I played all year. This is a must download.
  6. Aug 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is amazing and fantastic. It is a horror and a thriller game. Is not just the game, but have the other app there is free what makes the game cooler. Have puzzles, and the game is so cool. It is short, but, when you think the story is finished, have a last puzzle to do Expand
  7. Gid
    Oct 19, 2013
    A must buy from Simogo. This combines unsettling atmosphere with perplexing puzzles and unforgettable story and packs it all into a nice neat package. Plus, you rarely get a game where you are interested enough to research what the game is about.

If you don't know, year walking is part of Swedish folklore which was said to be able to show you the future. The companion app explains it
    much better, so I won't go into it.

This game is best played with the companion app, in the dark, with big headphones on and the sound up. This is more of an experience than a video game. And a brilliant one at that.

There's not much more to say. Other than that Simogo is the one to watch. To be honest, only more good things can come from them.
  8. Apr 5, 2014
    best. game. ever.
    I played it on the metro every day until I was able to finish it, with a notebook in hand. Then, when I finished, I played it again. There was one part I was never able to solve, so at some point, I will play it again. This is a game for people who have brains and want to use them.
  9. Nov 26, 2014
    Year Walk shows an expressive display of back and white to tell its folk lore. The game is chilling with horror and fear, and it is one of iOS's best. 95/100
  10. Feb 24, 2013

Enjoy.

1. Apr 14, 2013
    A unique, chilling adventure that illustrates the true potential of mobile gaming. [May 2013, p.88]
  2. Apr 10, 2013
    Year Walk is beautiful meditation on darkness, love, time, and space that goes beyond traditional point-and-click and into a more immersive iOS interface.
  3. Apr 9, 2013