• Publisher: Simogo
  • Release Date: Feb 21, 2013
  • Also On: PC
7.4

1. Aug 21, 2014
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum. Expand
  2. May 23, 2014
    Over-hyped and over-rated. Beautiful graphics, beautiful sound, story sucked, gameplay sucked- wish I had passed on it. This is a hollow game with pointless riddles and puzzles that have nothing to do with furthering the story. It also substitutes cheap surprises (like "Boo! Gotcha!" moments ) for true horror. This game is very silly and lame and about as much fun as solving a math problem for homework. PASS ON IT. Expand
  3. Apr 5, 2014
    best. game. ever.
    I played it on the metro every day until I was able to finish it, with a notebook in hand. Then, when I finished, I played it again. There was one part I was never able to solve, so at some point, I will play it again. This is a game for people who have brains and want to use them.
  4. Gid
    Oct 19, 2013
    A must buy from Simogo. This combines unsettling atmosphere with perplexing puzzles and unforgettable story and packs it all into a nice neat package. Plus, you rarely get a game where you are interested enough to research what the game is about.

If you don't know, year walking is part of Swedish folklore which was said to be able to show you the future. The companion app explains it
    much better, so I won't go into it.

This game is best played with the companion app, in the dark, with big headphones on and the sound up. This is more of an experience than a video game. And a brilliant one at that.

There's not much more to say. Other than that Simogo is the one to watch. To be honest, only more good things can come from them.
  5. Aug 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is amazing and fantastic. It is a horror and a thriller game. Is not just the game, but have the other app there is free what makes the game cooler. Have puzzles, and the game is so cool. It is short, but, when you think the story is finished, have a last puzzle to do Expand
  6. Jun 5, 2013
    A game where you are a little girl and there are three entries.What do you do?.....Well you get prepared to change your pants.The game is dark and artistic and can make you jump a little and no i do not mean slender jump.More like if you a horror film and jason pops up jump scare.The game can be scary but interesting at the same time.They put so much artistic like things in the game it makes you wanna continue even tho you yourself cause of that goat that's on the front cover.This is my review seeya! Expand
  7. Mar 2, 2013
    This is, by far my favorite IPhone game I've ever played! How the atmosphere blends perfectly with the puzzles is brilliant. Speaking of puzzles, the puzzles were especially well done and very clever. You don't even want to use a walk through by how smart they are. This is the most interactive game I played all year. This is a must download.
  8. Feb 28, 2013
    This is such a good game! I completely agree with the reviewer who urged against reading walkthroughs or guides before getting the game. Here's what I suggest: download the free companion app and read through the Swedish folklore. If you're intrigued after that, buy the game and enjoy the short, immersive, unforgettable experience.
  9. Feb 28, 2013
    This game is absolutely fantastic. The puzzles are hard enough to be challenging, but easy enough to still be fun, making for an ultimately rewarding experience. The artistry and game-design is unique and completely top-notch. The run time is, unfortunately, far too short, but this does not change the fact that the game--along with the companion app--is more than worth the money. If you're looking for an atmospheric and thought-provoking puzzler, this is definitely worth your while. Expand
  10. Feb 24, 2013
    This is a fantastic game! If you're looking for something scary and fun, you've found it. The whole game lasts about an hour and the overall effect is that of reading a really fantastic short story. I finished the game this morning and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it.

Also, be warned, it is quite scary for an iOS game, especially if you don't know what to expect. I was
    playing this last night, and I literally had to stop because it was freaking me out too much.

Enjoy.
  11. Feb 22, 2013
    Do yourself a favor and download this app in addition to the free Companion app. Read the latter before diving into the former. Steer clear of faqs or walkthroughs. Experience these journies for yourself, firsthand... and always, always stay after the credits. Who knows... you might be able to solve this thing. Good luck.

1. Apr 14, 2013
    A unique, chilling adventure that illustrates the true potential of mobile gaming. [May 2013, p.88]
  2. Apr 10, 2013
    Year Walk is beautiful meditation on darkness, love, time, and space that goes beyond traditional point-and-click and into a more immersive iOS interface.
  3. Apr 9, 2013