Pokemon Snap Nintendo 64

7.5

1. DomS.
    Aug 7, 2003
    As addictive as crack. Although, I don't know what crack is like...Don't judge me!
  2. RobertC.
    Mar 12, 2004
    You know...for such a weird and a seemingly boring premise...this is actually a very fun experience. I just can't say how, but this game ruled a good amount of hours in the summer I got it.
  3. Starfire
    Oct 23, 2007
    A fantastic idea, to see the Pokemon interacting with one another and take classy photos of them. I'd have liked to see more levels and more varied interactions- but still it is a fascinating and unique idea, the closest to a safari I've seen in a game yet.
  4. HankH
    Oct 12, 2009
    This is a fun and innovative game, it's a neat concept w/ solid graphics. However it can be beaten in its entirety in about 3 hours. Still while it lasts it is quite fun.
  5. DonaldB.
    Nov 25, 2007
    Generally, for a pokemon game that isn't an RPG, this is pretty good.
  6. A.F.
    Jan 25, 2008
    As it turns out, taking pictures of pokemon is a much more compelling concept than many would imagine. This isn't REALLY a pokemon game, but it's still addicting and fun. Short but sweet.
  7. Feb 12, 2013
    I played this on the Virtual console on Wii and it is the second Pokémon spin-off I played, after Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs. This is by FAR the more superior of the two. There is just something about taking pictures of Gen 1 Pokémon that is just do fun. There is also alot of replay value, trying to get the best picture of Magikarp, Charizard or a Mew! It also shows me what games wereI played this on the Virtual console on Wii and it is the second Pokémon spin-off I played, after Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs. This is by FAR the more superior of the two. There is just something about taking pictures of Gen 1 Pokémon that is just do fun. There is also alot of replay value, trying to get the best picture of Magikarp, Charizard or a Mew! It also shows me what games were like back in the N64 days, which is really cool! Expand
  8. Mar 21, 2012
    It is only snapping pictures of pokemon, but there is some stuff added to it, like doing the right functions to make a pokemon evolve or get a better shot, or find a hidden pokemon, and unlock new areas, it can be frustrating in that you got to be nearly perfect when you do something, like hitting a pokemon, to hit a switch, to open up a new level, but a part like that is near the end ofIt is only snapping pictures of pokemon, but there is some stuff added to it, like doing the right functions to make a pokemon evolve or get a better shot, or find a hidden pokemon, and unlock new areas, it can be frustrating in that you got to be nearly perfect when you do something, like hitting a pokemon, to hit a switch, to open up a new level, but a part like that is near the end of the level, there is a speed up option thankfully, when you want to get to an area, the game play is very linear, you are on a predetermined course.

Adding a lot of secrets and ways to activate some interesting tricks, is what give this game a good replay value, yes the concept is pretty strange but it is not as bad as you would think, if you can find this for a decent price (5-10 USD) i'd recommend it.
  9. Jun 18, 2013
    Fun game for kids. Not so fun for anyone else unless you played it as a kid.
    They should definitely make a remake for WiiU.
    I guess the graphipcs were alrite?
  10. Apr 1, 2016
    Short but repayable single player. Great graphics and frame rate. Good music. Camera aiming could use work but is still usable and maybe even groundbreaking for the on rails shooter. Surprisingly the voice acting (for Prof.Oak and a few SFX for Todd) Is good.

#4 Most Discussed N64 Game of 1999
#2 Most Shared N64 Game of 1999

1. It's not for everyone, but for the patient type (or a raving Pokémon freak) this game could be a refreshing change of pace, and give you a few solid hours of fun.
  2. If your a Pokémaniac then this game is definitely for you. If you aren't that big on the whole Pokémon craze, then this is at least worth a rental. Very original and very fun to play.
  3. Without a doubt, Pokémon Snap is a game of the highest quality and brings a new genre to the N64 … but if you hate the little creatures, we’d recommend that you give it a miss.