Resident Evil 2 Nintendo 64
  • Release Date: Oct 31, 1999
  • Also On: PC
8.7

1. Nov 10, 2014
    I feel really bad rating this game so low, because I know that most people love this game, but I didn't really enjoy it. The camera view made it very tough for me to control the character and took away from my experience. Also gave me too many enemies in the game which made it less scary and more frustrating. I feel that Silent Hill, a game with similar camera mechanics, pulled it offI feel really bad rating this game so low, because I know that most people love this game, but I didn't really enjoy it. The camera view made it very tough for me to control the character and took away from my experience. Also gave me too many enemies in the game which made it less scary and more frustrating. I feel that Silent Hill, a game with similar camera mechanics, pulled it off better and was all around a better game. Haven't played any other games in the Resident Evil franchise, but I would definitely give them a try as well as give this game another chance. Expand

1. Those that have yet to experience RE2 are missing out. Especially those in love with Acclaim’s Shadowman should appreciate this game. It’s a mature game with visuals to rave about and game play not far behind.
  2. Resident Evil 2 is not just a great game, but also proof that the N64 can do the supposedly impossible when developers put their minds to it. An incredible achievement.
    Resident Evil 2 for Nintendo 64 is, quite frankly, the best version of the game anybody living in the US is going to get. It boasts improved visuals thanks to the 4MB Expansion Pak, enhanced high-resolution mode and smoothened out pre-rendered backdrops with no jaggies.