9.2

1. May 31, 2014
    This game is just a masterpiece,a must have for every true gamer, it's art and nothing else. Astonishing graphics at that time, incredible OST, great NPCs and sidequesting, and the main history. Oh boy, the main history is just as good as it gets, the atmosphere of unrest all over Termina, and what I think makes this game the best of the whole Zelda series is the fact that, no matter howThis game is just a masterpiece,a must have for every true gamer, it's art and nothing else. Astonishing graphics at that time, incredible OST, great NPCs and sidequesting, and the main history. Oh boy, the main history is just as good as it gets, the atmosphere of unrest all over Termina, and what I think makes this game the best of the whole Zelda series is the fact that, no matter how you try, you can't save everyone, because you're gonna have to need to restart every once in a while and eventually no one will remember how much you did for them and that's what makes this entry unique, you are a silent hero for the first time, you are a foreigner that's trying to save people he doesn't know and who he doesn't owe anything because he is a HERO in caps.And this is a GAME in caps, the replayability, the little moments that make this game way more mature than the others like saving people who are already dead, or the Anju-Kafei sidequest, or the Deku Butler's son moment at the end of the game. That makes MM a GAME in caps. Expand
  2. Jun 5, 2014
    I was really impressed with how fun this game was. It was a whole new idea; the masks and the 3 day cycle thing. I thought it would be a little weird for me, but I'm thinking about re-playing it soon, because I miss how unique it was. It's great for all ages, and you won't regret playing it.
  3. Jun 19, 2014
    One of the darker zelda games, Majora's Mask is a slightly more intricate entry that focuses on the characters and themes more than the adventure. I consider OOT the better game, but Majora's Mask is still a classic masterpiece
  4. Jul 28, 2014
    Once I heard that link is dead in here, I disbanded it. But I listened to the theory and (even though it is false since nintendo only had one year, they put gameplay before narrative) it got me hooked. I played it once at a friends house and I couldn't stop thinking about it. It is just so good. Best game ever.
  5. Jul 31, 2014
    I have played all of the Zelda games, even the newer ones and I have to say that this one is my absolute favorite. Not only is it an excellent sequel to an already excellent game, it's a darker note in the series that sort of gives it a different edge than a normal Zelda game. Not only is the story good but the temples are well thought out although they are few. There are many optionalI have played all of the Zelda games, even the newer ones and I have to say that this one is my absolute favorite. Not only is it an excellent sequel to an already excellent game, it's a darker note in the series that sort of gives it a different edge than a normal Zelda game. Not only is the story good but the temples are well thought out although they are few. There are many optional side quests to allow you to get all the masks and you are most certainly rewarded for all of your hard work at the end and likewise all of the puzzles and mini games and side quests are fun and well worth the time. The game is challenging as all good Zelda games should be but this one has challenges that not only increase difficulty but make the game feel a bit more dark compared to OoT. The graphics and music (as always) and the game has great replay value. Be careful trying to use the guide, I know there are some mistakes in it (I've heard horror stories particularly with the water temple) so I would personally avoid it or at least be careful with your songs. Overall, as I mentioned, this is my favorite Zelda game in the series and I can't say enough good things about it...the only thing that can really be critiqued is the 3 day time reset gets a bit annoying but it IS what allows you to do ALL of the quests. Expand
  6. Sep 25, 2014
    "Majora's Mask" is the darkest, most grotesque, and difficult game in the series, and it just so happens to be my favorite Legend of Zelda video game. The time limit creates so much tension while playing, and the puzzles can be very difficult, and the story is quite original and somewhat morose. I personally feel "Majora's Mask" is superior to "Ocarina of Time".
  7. Oct 9, 2014
    A dark and strange twist to Ocarina of time, even though side quests may not be everyone's cup of tea but in terms of experience and story, this game delivers more than the last game could ever achieve, sure it reuses alot of stuff from the last game, the obvious improvements make up for it and theres always something that will reach out to you in the story, have you ever been rejected byA dark and strange twist to Ocarina of time, even though side quests may not be everyone's cup of tea but in terms of experience and story, this game delivers more than the last game could ever achieve, sure it reuses alot of stuff from the last game, the obvious improvements make up for it and theres always something that will reach out to you in the story, have you ever been rejected by friends? Then skull kid's story can relate to you, the whole always makes you feel trapped in time.In three days, the world is going to be destroyed, you can't get on with life until you save the world, everyone you met, everyone will die and saving them in the end feels rewarding to me. Expand
  8. Oct 13, 2014
    My first 3D Zelda game. It is an awesome experience with many sidequests and things to do. It features only 4 major dungeons, but all of them are pretty good and the boss fights are really well done. Trying to complete to Bombers's Notebook will definitely keep you busy. I like this game, as all NPCs have their own lives and routines and there are many little stories for you to discover,My first 3D Zelda game. It is an awesome experience with many sidequests and things to do. It features only 4 major dungeons, but all of them are pretty good and the boss fights are really well done. Trying to complete to Bombers's Notebook will definitely keep you busy. I like this game, as all NPCs have their own lives and routines and there are many little stories for you to discover, while the rest being very entertaining as well. Moreover, the masks give you a lot of unique abilities, thus making the whole adventure unique. Expand
  9. Oct 25, 2014
    On the surface, a rather fun and enjoyable dungeon-crawler through a very vibrant world. Below that, an adventure underlined with some seriously eerie dark surrealism underneath it. Between the rather cryptic dialogue that shows up every now and then, the more-disturbing-the-more-you-think-about-it event that happens at the farm if you fail, to even the very way you acquire theOn the surface, a rather fun and enjoyable dungeon-crawler through a very vibrant world. Below that, an adventure underlined with some seriously eerie dark surrealism underneath it. Between the rather cryptic dialogue that shows up every now and then, the more-disturbing-the-more-you-think-about-it event that happens at the farm if you fail, to even the very way you acquire the transformation masks, there's a feeling of unrest, of uncertainty, and a tint of somberness to the atmosphere. Which is all only enhanced by the ever-so-slow growing tension given by the impending apocolypse of the moon crashing down.

The atmosphere is one of a kind, and the game's pretty fun too. My absolute peak of the zelda franchise. I wish there were more of a games with a subtle, yet vibrant world like it. Also wish stuff like Stone-Tower Temple would show up again. That dungeon was great.

Do recommend.
  10. Nov 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Majora's Mask is an amazing game. I can't say it's the best in the series tho, as I'm conflicted between MM and Wind Waker.

Majora's Mask to me is like the Morrowind or the Burning Crusade of the Zelda Series. It's new, different, creepy and out of place. The whole world has a "Depressed" feeling to it. It can be a pretty dark game. It get's even darker the more you play it and the more you pay attention to the surroundings in the world.

The main story is pretty short. There are only four dungeons excluding the Moon ( which is just 1 boss ) in the whole game. Each dungeon however, is pretty great in it's own way. Each dungeon as a sort of gimmick or thing to it. Woodfall doesn't have much of one, but Snowhead revolves around the idea of a controlable platform in the main room. Lower or Higher the platform to get into different areas.

Great Bay, while water temples are usually hated, is a pretty ok dungeon. It revolves around changing the water flow to unlock certain areas.

The most amazing of the four tho, is Stone Tower. It has a pretty epic idea of climbing a massive tower to get into it. Halfway through tho, you will be able to literally flip the temple upside down to access chests and doors that were previously upside down to begin with. It's pretty amazing as the developers had to design a dungeon to work both right-side up and up-side down at the same time.

The reason the game has a lack of dungeons compared to other games in the series, is the fact there are MANY side-quests. In fact I'd say that 30% of your play time contributes to the Main-Quest and 70% to Side-Quests. Best of all is the Side-Quests let you learn more about the world, and how everyone has been effected by current events.

You're probably wondering if I think it's better than Ocarina of Time/Master Quest or not. In my opinion, it's much better than OoT.

Overall tho, if you've already played OoT and would like a similar game to play, Majora's Mask will feel like an expansion to OoT. I would recommend it if you're looking for that sort of thing. MM runs in the same engine as OoT with a few minor modifications. It uses the N64 Expansion Pack. It uses the Expansion Pack to display Motion-Blur effects.
  11. Nov 6, 2014
    Zelda - Majora's mask is for everyone who likes deep emotional stories. This is one of the best stories i have seen. There is so much intense, touching, actionfilled parts!

This game gives you so much "background-thoughs" while you are solving temples, like: Is everyone going to remember what Link did to whole world? or I am the only one who can save the world... The music "feels" with me, and that is why the music is perfect on this game.

Please, try this game right now if you haven't!
  12. Nov 9, 2014
    This is the best game I have ever played, full stop. This is the first time I have ever handed out a 10/10 on Metacritic. There is not a thing wrong with it and if you plan on buying it, I'd wait for the 3DS version to come out. It's more likable than Ocarina of time in my opinion, because the story is just so much more developed and darker - with noticeable themes running through the gameThis is the best game I have ever played, full stop. This is the first time I have ever handed out a 10/10 on Metacritic. There is not a thing wrong with it and if you plan on buying it, I'd wait for the 3DS version to come out. It's more likable than Ocarina of time in my opinion, because the story is just so much more developed and darker - with noticeable themes running through the game as you explore Termina. As said, it is my favorite game of all time. 10/10 Expand
  13. Dec 22, 2014
    This game is very very good. It brings the same layout of OOT but different setting, characters, plot, etc you can debatably say this is OOT two. In this game time is actually more of a factor than OOT. The game has amazing terrain and awesome masks, it makes you want to collect them all but doing fun side missions. This is one of my favorite games ever. If you haven't played it yet pleaseThis game is very very good. It brings the same layout of OOT but different setting, characters, plot, etc you can debatably say this is OOT two. In this game time is actually more of a factor than OOT. The game has amazing terrain and awesome masks, it makes you want to collect them all but doing fun side missions. This is one of my favorite games ever. If you haven't played it yet please take the time to do so Expand

1. Where Majora rises to the top is its concept – three days to save the world. The execution of the idea is flawless: time means everything and the player always has to be aware. The save system is absolutely perfect, letting players feel comfortable in controlling time but still keeping them on the edge of their seats when things get hairy.
  2. Stunning, optimized graphics; immersive, rich sound; refined, complex, and deep gameplay; and a mature, gripping plot make it a game that you won't want to miss.
  3. Da Graphics: To say nothing short of astonishing is an understatement.