The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Nintendo 64

9.2

1. Feb 9, 2016
    One of the best games for its time and for the Nintendo 64. If you missed this, how could you miss a game worth getting once in a lifetime? Not to worry, I bet there's still copies for this game and a Nintendo 64 somewhere in a store near you.
  2. Feb 5, 2016
    Greatest game ever made as a part of the greatest series ever made in terms of quality. j j
  3. Feb 2, 2016
    This game is literally perfect. No game can surpass the pure substance and nostalgia that this game provides, even if you've never played it. The game literally uses nostalgia in the story... When seven years pass unexpectedly, the differences you find in the world make you realize how much you have grown to love the story and all of the characters, places, and details that make this gameThis game is literally perfect. No game can surpass the pure substance and nostalgia that this game provides, even if you've never played it. The game literally uses nostalgia in the story... When seven years pass unexpectedly, the differences you find in the world make you realize how much you have grown to love the story and all of the characters, places, and details that make this game so amazing. The soundtracks and effects, the movement dynamic (which wasn't perfect at the time, but still adds to the game), the characters, the story, everything. Trust me, you NEED TO PLAY THIS. This will always be my favorite game, no matter how amazing any new game might be. Legendary. Expand
  4. Feb 1, 2016
    Its been nearly 18 years since this game came out and nothing has beaten this masterpiece only thing that comes close in my opinion is shadow of colossus
  5. Jan 21, 2016
    I've got two words. Simple and Brilliant. Is there anything other to say? I want to say more but i can't. If you don't played this game yet shame on you! Play it! Seriously,go and buy it!
  6. Jan 14, 2016
    Meh, Undertale was better, plus i never grew up with nintendo so i dunno what's with all the love for this game, honestly, undertale should take the cake for best f-ing game on metacritic.
  7. Jan 6, 2016
    Muy posiblemente el mejor juego de todos los tiempos y con méritos propios mas que un videojuego es una obra de arte y junto con super mario 64, ocarina of time es el padre de los videojuegos modernos
  8. Dec 27, 2015
    Best video game ever as far as I am concerned and I do not think any other game will take this spot in my heart. I was lucky to be a child at the time I played it, which helps to embrace the magic of this game. Graphics were awesome for the time, first episode in 3D for this legendary franchise and it was a pure success. The game was smooth, beautiful, unforgettable melodies, great bossesBest video game ever as far as I am concerned and I do not think any other game will take this spot in my heart. I was lucky to be a child at the time I played it, which helps to embrace the magic of this game. Graphics were awesome for the time, first episode in 3D for this legendary franchise and it was a pure success. The game was smooth, beautiful, unforgettable melodies, great bosses and dungeons, great gameplay. Accessories were so cool, loved the Ocarina and the horse, characters... Expand
  9. Dec 24, 2015
    First - All those 183 negative Reviews can be completely ignored. They are made by people who hate the game because they hate Zelda or arent made for the Genre at all. The Game is NOT! reviewed by any objective means. Just overread them. Most of those people are probably in puberty.

Now to the game: Zelda - Ocarina of Time is a Masterpiece. Released in 1998 (1 Year earlier than

Now to the game:

Zelda - Ocarina of Time is a Masterpiece. Released in 1998 (1 Year earlier than Castlevania 64, which has awful graphics, controls and gameplay, but is comparable) it was the 2. Nintendo 64 Game with really good Controls. It was also, after Mario 64 , the first Action Adventure worth playing on Nintendo 64.

The Game is packed full with secrets, collectables and content. You were introduced to Epona, a now iconic Horse in the Zelda Universe and could also ride it - In a fun and entertaining way.

The characters, for the time, were scary or hilarious, entertaining or evil. You could tell pretty fast what kind of NPC you are facing, which was a challenge due the lack of high resolution textures.

Link, the main character, was sympathic and easy to love.

The graphics, for it times, were amazing. You felt like LIVING in Hyrule and everything you did wasnt just Link, it was you.

The amount of dungeons was impressive. So much content for a N64 Game wasnt something you could just expect. Even compared to AAA Titles today, the Game still stands out as high class.

To be fair, the 3D Remake for the 3DS wasnt necessary. But it gave people today the chance to play this Masterpiece, so it is absolutely fine.

Sure, for me, this title offers also nostalgic feelings and memories of months of entertainment. But isnt that also something the game achieved? Entertain me in 98 and made me fall in love?

The Game is dated. It is, absolutely. If you want to play it, buy the 3DS Version and enjoy a great Adventure while you are in the train, bus or at home on the couch.
  10. Dec 23, 2015
    I am gonna be honest. i thought this game was TERRIBLE. I remember when i first bought it i was like hey look the zelda game people were so wow about. MOM GET ME THIS. she got me it then. the cutscene was ok but i took me a hour to get 30 rupees for a shield. i went to the tree and i tried to set the thing on fire but it was litterally impossible. it also has a game breaking glitch whereI am gonna be honest. i thought this game was TERRIBLE. I remember when i first bought it i was like hey look the zelda game people were so wow about. MOM GET ME THIS. she got me it then. the cutscene was ok but i took me a hour to get 30 rupees for a shield. i went to the tree and i tried to set the thing on fire but it was litterally impossible. it also has a game breaking glitch where you could finish the game in 10 mins. anyway i did play through it some more. i liked some of the stuff but i just rage quitted at the water temple. i betcha this game hadnt got a water temple it would have got 100% people saying "Best Game EVER" and stuff like that. now te super mario 64 was revolutionary and one of the best games ever made for it. so was goldeneye. but i still cant forgive nintendo for the disaster of this game. rather play ride to hell retribution Expand
  11. Dec 16, 2015
    Is this game overrated? Yes, very much so. It isn't the best game ever made. But it is still a better game than most.

Let's cover the good stuff first. As far as immersive and enjoyable game worlds go, Ocarina of Time is damn good. It has been the influence for every open-world game since. The story, while fairly cliche when taken as a whole, is actually quite enjoyable. This incarnation of Hyrule is iconic, with the locations and music of this land engraved into the minds of anyone who has played this game. Speaking of the music, there is not a single tune from this game that isn't recognizable. The gameplay is standard Zelda fare, although a new (for the time) Z-Targeting mechanic makes the game more combat-oriented than it's predecessors.

And this is when we take a look at OoT's two fundamental flaws.

The first carries on from than combat-oriented comment. The gameplay is combat-oriented, but the world isn't. It's still a puzzle game, although a very simple one. The combat feels incredibly disconnected from the rest of the game. You are rarely, if ever, required to be aware of your surroundings during a fight. There is a much bigger flaw however: a new dimension has been added and pixels have been swapped for polygons but the design hasn't budged an inch. You still push blocks. You still throw bombs. You still fight bats. Only now, it's in three spectacular dimensions. But there many cases where things that worked in A Link to the Past don't work in Ocarina of Time. Bats used to be fun, easy enemies, now they are a pain in the arse. Bombs still have a throw arc, meaning that you really have no idea where they will land. The "throwing the bomb down a few floors to activate a switch" challenge returns and, put simply, doesn't work, due in no small part to the fact that you cannot see where you supposed to be throwing the thing.

Frankly, if you love this game, what I have said won't matter. If you hate this game, you'll wonder why I have given this game such a high score after basically pointing out two major flaws. I still like this game. It's not perfect, but hey, what game is?
  12. Dec 14, 2015
    Simply the best of the best
    Simplemente lo mejor de lo mejor
    Simplesmente o melhor dos melhores 최고의 단순히 최고 Просто лучший из лучших Einfach das Beste vom Besten Simpliciter optima optimis Απλά το καλύτερο από τα καλύτερα 簡直是最好的最好的 Jednoduše nejlepší z nejlepších 最高の簡単で最良の Tout simplement le meilleur du meilleur
    Simply the best of the best
    Simplemente lo mejor de lo mejor
    Simplesmente o melhor dos melhores
    최고의 단순히 최고
    Просто лучший из лучших
    Einfach das Beste vom Besten
    Simpliciter optima optimis
    Απλά το καλύτερο από τα καλύτερα
    簡直是最好的最好的
    Jednoduše nejlepší z nejlepších
    最高の簡単で最良の
    Tout simplement le meilleur du meilleur
  13. Dec 8, 2015
    This is often called the best game ever made, and believe me that is no hyperbole. Though it is not my favorite game, I shall admit it is the best game of all time, for its time. It had so many revolutionary ideas under its belt, not to mention that anything that was not new or revolutionary was polished to the point that it couldn't be called anything other than flawless for its time. OneThis is often called the best game ever made, and believe me that is no hyperbole. Though it is not my favorite game, I shall admit it is the best game of all time, for its time. It had so many revolutionary ideas under its belt, not to mention that anything that was not new or revolutionary was polished to the point that it couldn't be called anything other than flawless for its time. One of the only titles to warrant not the simple title of a game, but an art that tried to be more than just fun and evolved into a life experience. Expand
  14. Nov 25, 2015
    The MASTER PIECE by exelence, this title is an after and before in the videogame history. No game has ever even get close to Ocarina, and now i think it will never be supered.
  15. Nov 19, 2015
    Incredibly ahead of it's time The legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, set's the standard that all games should follow, it nails every aspect of a great game Narrative,Music, Gameplay etc. I've never felt as entranced with a game before. I only wish i could experience it for the first time again, if you haven't played this game, you are missing on the game that proves that video games are andIncredibly ahead of it's time The legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, set's the standard that all games should follow, it nails every aspect of a great game Narrative,Music, Gameplay etc. I've never felt as entranced with a game before. I only wish i could experience it for the first time again, if you haven't played this game, you are missing on the game that proves that video games are and can be a form of art. Expand
  16. Nov 15, 2015
    Only when I played this game, I understood this is a game - a legend of the game industry. Nintendo been able to do a legend. It's a pity, what not 100 out of 100.
  17. Nov 13, 2015
    I only gonma say: Perfect game a master piece of the n64 era this is my favorite rpg of all times. I dont know whats wrong with those 174 negative critics maybe this game was too hard for them lol really this deserve even more than a 10
  18. Nov 8, 2015
    I won't try to add anything new here. Everyone else has done it perfectly, and I feel I should address some stuff to new comers. And that is, BUY THE 3D REMAKE. The Frame Rate (Here is a difference between 20, 30, and 60 Frames Per Second https://youtu.be/9h0HNAS6C_k) is much better, running at an average 35FPS instead of the horrid 20FPS, or less, on the N64. In addition, it adds betterI won't try to add anything new here. Everyone else has done it perfectly, and I feel I should address some stuff to new comers. And that is, BUY THE 3D REMAKE. The Frame Rate (Here is a difference between 20, 30, and 60 Frames Per Second https://youtu.be/9h0HNAS6C_k) is much better, running at an average 35FPS instead of the horrid 20FPS, or less, on the N64. In addition, it adds better controls (In my opinion), better graphics (Some of the stuff looks terrible and hasn't aged well), portability, 3D, Master Quest, and so many more advantages. As for N64: A master piece that has aged badly, with a very much superior port. Expand
  19. Nov 6, 2015
    O jogo inovou sua época, se tornou referência para os subsequentes. A jogabilidade, com aqueles quebra-cabeças únicos e enredo envolvente, nunca serão batidos. Best game ever!
  20. Nov 5, 2015
    Este Juego para mi es una puñetera obra maestra del sector del entretenimiento ,Graficos espectaculares en la epoca,Enemigos increibles ,es una pasada
  21. Nov 3, 2015
    One of the greatest, if not the greatest video game of all time. It plays better than most modern games nowadays. Take note from this, game designers.
  22. Oct 31, 2015
    Best N64 game and BEST GAME EVER MADE!!! MUST. BUY.!!! For a reason this is the top rated game in Metacritic history, still no game has tied with it or surpassed it.
  23. Oct 23, 2015
    Not my favorite zelda game, but its... ok, you got me, its the greatest game of all time.

Revolutionary, Epic, Well-written and Beautiful are just a few words words to describe this perfect game.
  24. Oct 23, 2015
    I can't stress this enough; this game is one of very few I can say "Wow, this is absolutely phenomenal" to. It's deserved, too; this is not only the grandfather of modern Zelda games, but arguably better than even newer ones, which is extraordinary.
  25. Oct 23, 2015
    What is there to say, anyone that has played this game it's just going to be a prettier version of the best game ever. To anyone playing this for the first time, I am truly jealous. It's not nostalgia that makes this game great, it is the game it self. It stands the test of time and even beats some current games. Easily my favorite game of all time.
  26. Oct 18, 2015
    This game is not as special as people say it is. Graphics, even if kinda basic, have aged decently, but the story is heavily borrowed from A Link To The Past and the gameplay is as vanilla as a 3D Zelda game gets. The dungeons are also not either as interesting as other Zelda games, but some of the puzzles are well designed. I think you can skip this one.
  27. Oct 17, 2015
    So I never played a Zelda game until this one, and when I wan't even half way trough the game, it became my favorite of all time. This review is not a nostalgia because I beat the game about a month ago and it was brilliant. Get it on the virtual console if you can.
  28. Oct 15, 2015
    Ocarina of Time a good game, but since everyone has a pair of nostalgia glasses on and looks at it now as a "perfect" game. A perfect game, as I would classify it, would have no glitches or problems with graphics, which this game doesn't have. Story is probably the best part of this. Gameplay wise, however, this game is sort of bad at. Z-targeting is such a mess, and enemies wait too longOcarina of Time a good game, but since everyone has a pair of nostalgia glasses on and looks at it now as a "perfect" game. A perfect game, as I would classify it, would have no glitches or problems with graphics, which this game doesn't have. Story is probably the best part of this. Gameplay wise, however, this game is sort of bad at. Z-targeting is such a mess, and enemies wait too long to be attacked. If you want a real review, watch Egoraptor's video on Youtube comparing it to Link to the Past. Expand
  29. Oct 12, 2015
    This is quite honestly the best game I have ever played in my entire life. Many will say this game is overrated but it is not it gets the recognition it deserves.
  30. Oct 5, 2015
    Best game all time!!!
    (PT-BR) Sem dúvida alguma um dos melhores jogos de todos os tempos, uma verdadeira obra-prima. revolucionário, muito da jogabilidade que temos hoje em dia foram criadas em Ocarina Of Time!
  31. Oct 5, 2015
    Jogo muito bom e alucinante,as músicas,gameplay e jogatina espetaculares,tudo em uma perfeita sicronia na história.Revolucionario até hoje em dia...
  32. Oct 3, 2015
    My favourite game of all time, music, enviroment, all is **** perfect. Ojalá llegara al 10.0,is a pretty good game. Zelda franquise is the best in the world.
  33. Sep 28, 2015
    O game é simplesmente perfeito para a sua época, tudo desse jogo é PERFEITO! Existem pessoas sem bom senso que estão avaliando ele com conceitos da atualidade, opiniões que não podem ser levadas em consideração.

The game is just perfect for its time, all of the game is PERFECT! There are people with no common sense who are evaluating it with concepts of today, that opinions can not be taken into account.
  34. Sep 24, 2015
    Definitely this is the best game ever created, nice graphics for 1998, legit story, gameplay and songs. This is the only game near the perfection no one going to make a game better than this.
  35. Sep 16, 2015
    Not even all the compliments on earth will ever begin to describe this masterpiece. The most important milestone on gaming history, this game teached every game afterwards how a plot and OST should be written, how gameplay should be, how characters development should become, etc.
    This game sets the foundation for every RPG and it's mechanics were updated and used in many many games such as the "The Z-targeting" camera feature.
    The fact most newcomers to the gaming world hate this masterpiece just adds to it's legendary status.
    The best Game ever created forever.
  36. Sep 8, 2015
    quite simply perfection, love the story the graphics the game play every gamer needs to play this game it is as simple as that everything in the story culminates in such an incredible ending this game is just gold I cherish it as I know you will too.
  37. Sep 2, 2015
    this is hands down one of the best zelda games ever made. great story with amazing plot with great charcter design. if you have an n64 play this game right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  38. Aug 28, 2015
    Is the best game in my childhood and still remains a great game and a great up to this point, I feel cool that this game be the first in the sequence of Metacritic, bravo to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Childhood memories will always superb here.
  39. Aug 22, 2015
    As many others i played this game as a child and loved it, i later went back to it and oh my..

If you actually play this critically nowadays this game is dead set in mediocrity. The combat is stale and centered around waiting for you enemies. The World is vast and empty. And the puzzles are centered around utilizing 3d space(because it was new) and NOTHING else! Worst of all the

The combat is stale and centered around waiting for you enemies.
    The World is vast and empty.
    Worst of all the whole world is centered around 3d objects set in a 2d recipe and it does not match! Enemies will at time appear on top of you or behind you and the camera is no use at those points it's only good for targeting.

Now i wouldn't go as far as to say that this game is bad but to me time has revealed a badly aged and poorly designed "classic"
  40. Aug 22, 2015
    O JOGO É QUASE PERFEITO. PARA ÉPOCA ELE TEM GRÁFICOS LINDO. OS SONS SÃO MUITO MELHORES QUE QUALQUER JOGO DE 1998. SUA JOGABILIDADE E DE SE INVEJAR. O NÍVEL DE DIVERSÃO NEM SE FALA.
  41. Aug 20, 2015
    Playing this game as a kid would make your stomach tickle due to being overwhelmed by all the new things, Everything about this game had such a magical reminiscent ambiance. The graphics were the best of the best back then, textures on characters looked so clean, beautiful, and the enemies looked bad ass.
    The characters were charismatic and were so interesting.The story line would just pull you in forcing you to desire to know whats going to happen next getting more and more serious.And THAT Soundtrack oh my god...did it leave a scar in my mind for ever, hearing it again as an adult just brought back magical child hood memories and hit me like a feel hammer. Ending the game made me rethink of the songs ive heard all the people ive met and rescued all the demons i slayed and left me in tears.

Truly a tear droping master piece, nothing like it for years to come 10/10
  42. Aug 11, 2015
    A master piece, doing allusion to the temple of time, Ocarina of Time it is an very advanced work for his time, simply the best game of all time.

It is a timeless work, it showed that video games can also make you mourn, laugh, that the hairs stand on end in your skin when you return to listening to his music and they can be considered art. Simply the best game ever.
  43. Aug 10, 2015
    The MUSIC and the SPACE from a 28mb game is absolutely mind blowing for me. I love this game more than a lot of things in life, I have a tattoo on my right shoulder, not because IM a Zelda fanatic, but because when I'm older I want to remember some happy memories in a difficult area of my adolescence.

There's a reason why this sits on the helm of all games.
  44. Aug 10, 2015
    What can be said about this game that has not already been said? Its truly a masterpiece that will always be remembered in the gaming community. Those who rates this game poorly only try to piss people off. 10/10 no doubt.
  45. Aug 9, 2015
    About this game i can only say that is perfect. I cant express by words how much i love this game. This game for that time was the King of The Hill and for me i think is still a masterpiece. I still continue playing after years he makes me happy, and remember my childhood. Its a masterpiece to remember for years and generations.
  46. Aug 3, 2015
    This is truly a masterpiece. The opening cinematic still gives me shivers. The boss fights are still exciting. The music is still just as great as it always was. This is a TRUE adventure - one that never seems to grow old. I wish I could relieve it again for the first time.
  47. Jul 25, 2015
    For 1998, this game had everything possible. Great graphics and storyline, as far as open world, horseback riding, great music, etc. Just everything was at the highest level. As we know, this was the era of 3D gaming. Many have tried to move other great games from 2D to 3D and not anyone were successful. Miyamoto and the rest, but they did it. I played all the parts Zelda And this was madeFor 1998, this game had everything possible. Great graphics and storyline, as far as open world, horseback riding, great music, etc. Just everything was at the highest level. As we know, this was the era of 3D gaming. Many have tried to move other great games from 2D to 3D and not anyone were successful. Miyamoto and the rest, but they did it. I played all the parts Zelda And this was made in memory of me most and gave me the results "WoW !! This is amazing."

I do not understand why people say it's overrated. It's that something old is better than new it means that is overrated? Noooo! The young do not understand. For them, it's already weak graphics old control system, etc. but in 1998, this game had everything. Since it is so overrated that the TP is modeled on oot and WW? (a treehouse, spider boss (Gohma), Ganon again is a in top tower in castle, blue and red Tunick, Water dungeons like water dungeons of OOT (floors) and fight the boss is reminiscent of the WW) and much much more.

OOT gave much novelty and freshness in this series
  48. Jul 20, 2015
    HOLY HELL THIS IS AN AMAZING GAME. Yes, it may be a bit overblown, but that does not mean it is not amazing, buy this game, in any way, on the Wii, Wii U, N64, DS. 5000 characters is not enough to sum up how awesome this game is!
  49. Jun 29, 2015
    This is without a doubt the best game ever made for its time. It invented many gameplay elements that have been reused not only for other Zelda games, but for tons of games in the entire action-adventure genre. The secrets that fill Hyrule to the brim give this game tons of replay value, and I find myself playing through it over and over again. It has exciting boss fights, challengingThis is without a doubt the best game ever made for its time. It invented many gameplay elements that have been reused not only for other Zelda games, but for tons of games in the entire action-adventure genre. The secrets that fill Hyrule to the brim give this game tons of replay value, and I find myself playing through it over and over again. It has exciting boss fights, challenging dungeons, and while its story is a little simple, it gave the first really thorough explanation of the creation of Hyrule and the Triforce. There were so many ways Nintendo could have messed up their first 3D Zelda game, and they carried it out perfectly. Any issues this game has are so minor that there's no way they could ever keep it from being the most revolutionary video game the world has ever seen. Expand
  50. Jun 21, 2015
    Being the first 3D Zelda game introduced to the series, Ocarina of Time is considered by many to be the best game of all time, it is fun, exciting, and very enjoyable.

Plot: The game starts off with the main character Link laying in bed, he has a nightmare with the main villain chasing the princess of Hyrule. The Great Deku Tree summons a fairy by the name of Navi to aid Link in his

Plot:
    The game starts off with the main character Link laying in bed, he has a nightmare with the main villain chasing the princess of Hyrule. The Great Deku Tree summons a fairy by the name of Navi to aid Link in his quest to save Hyrule from destruction. Navi finds LInk in his bed and tells him the Great Deku Tree has summoned him. Link agrees to visit the Great Deku Tree and learns that he has placed a curse on him by the main villain of the game, he is asked to remove the curse. Once Link removes the curse the Deku Tree tells him that Hyrule is in danger, he asks Link to find the princess of the land and begins his quest to save Hyrule.

Gameplay:
    You begin the game with nothing in your inventory, you have to find a sword to fight your way through the monsters you encounter in the game along with a shield to go with it. You find rupees which are used as the currency in the game to buy items, this is very useful for buying potions and miscellaneous items such as deku sticks, nuts, seeds, and arrows to aid Link. The combat is very easy to learn right off the bat, you find a sword and can side slash, jump slash, or stab your opponents.

The game is open world with tons of collectibles to collect throughout, such as extra heart pieces, gold skulltullas to upgrade wallet capacity, and secret locations. You encounter dungeons you must to do progress the main game, every dungeon is enjoyable to play through, the puzzles are simple to learn, and the bosses are uniquely designed. At the end of each dungeon will earn an extra heart container to increase health capacity, plus you will earn an item that you need to progress. The Water Temple is the hardest dungeon in the game, the layout is confusing to learn, but nevertheless still very fun to play through every time.

Graphics:
    The game looks fantastic, it is beautiful to look at, much like Super Mario 64. The game can lag at times depending on what console you play on (Virtual Console, Gamecube, Nintendo 64, iQue), it is an old game after all.

Music:
    The original score is just as great as any other Zelda game, being composed by Koji Kondo, his score is as great as the previous games. The music sets the mood no matter where you are in the game, the score is one of the best in video game history.

Final Opinion:
    Ocarina of Time is considered to be the greatest game ever made, there is so much to do in the game that it will keep you entertained all the way through. The story is well written, the gameplay is very fun, the graphics are nice to look at, and the original score is just the icing on the cake.
  51. Jun 17, 2015
    AWESOME MASTERPIECE, what else can I say about this game, that anybody don't say? *.* awesome graphics for his time, memorable music, charismatic characters. A MUST HAVE for Nintendo 64
  52. Jun 5, 2015
    It's the masterpiece. Flawless. Incredible. Fun. Everything you would ever want in a video game. If you never loved this masterpiece and absolutely incredible game, then start right now.
  53. May 28, 2015
    A fantastic game and my first zelda game. This game is one of the best N64 games you can find and should please any fans of puzzle and action games alike
  54. May 26, 2015
    I have played this game various times on every system its available on. And to this day, with well over 300 games played since, i can honestly say this is the single greatest game EVER created, and it will never be outdone. There are some that have came close in their own way, but never a complete package such as this.
  55. May 19, 2015
    this game is amazing the graphics are wow nice graphics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this game has beautiful musics that make me happy (and bit sleepy) this game is goty for the present days this game is hyped and not like fnaf fnaf suck a lot this game is terrible but person say this game is goty
  56. May 17, 2015
    Just beat this game for the first time and although its not the masterpiece everyone says it is, I had a ton of fun and it is definitely up there in my "favourite games" catergory.

Plot: Link or [Insert your name here] is a boy who is a part of the Kokiri Race and lives in Kokiri Forest. Link's destiny is to defeat the evil Ganondorf (The Gerudo King) and save Princess Zelda. There is much to the story but I don't want to spoil too much.

Gameplay: The gameplay was pretty good for the most part, just gets extremely frusterating because of the lack of buttons on the N64 controller. I praise the Z-Targeting in the game as without it, it would be an extremely hard. The enemies that will piss you off the most are the bats and other flying creatures as they are the hardest to aim at.

Sound: I found OOT funny in the sense that Link always makes the HYAH HYEAH HEYA HUP for every action you do besides running or walking. Didn't come across too many SFX issues because everything I hit sounded exactly how I think it would sound in real life.

Music: This soundtrack is incredible. Its so memorable and I see how people can keep humming or whistling this song wherever you go. A personal favourite of mine is Kakoriko Town followed up by the Song of Storms song in the windmill (Both places centered around Kakoriko Town :D). I certainly can't wait to play Majoras Mask and see their memorable soundtracks too!!

Characters: 85% of characters are very minor and do nothing with the story, but they are memorable and you know what type of traits they carry. Like the couple swinging around in the Castle Marketplace which they do that 24/7 and never get tired. The only characters that you will probably remember are Zelda, Ganondorf and Mido that little prick.

Textures/Graphics/Design: That true N64 look, reused textures and the polygonal shapes everywhere. It looks aged as of today, but that still doesn't stop me from thinking how mind-blowing it was back in the day, a truly wonderful and unique world.

Random Notes: Although I bought this game at a garage sale for fairly cheap (N64 version), you are best off emulating it or getting the 3DS version (Pirating is wrong mkay) the N64 title is highly demanded will cost a lot.

Do you recommend? Yes
    How long did it take you to beat? Approx. 25 hours (I collected a lot of items and did the side quests)
    What's the best part about the game? The soundtrack
    What's the worst part about the game? The **** bats

Overall Ratings

Plot: 9/10 (Reviewing like I am played it in 1998, its unfair to compare it to newer games)
    Gameplay 8/10
    Sound 9/10
    Music 10/10
    Characters 9/10
    Textures/Graphics/Design 9/10

Overall 9/10

Awesome game, will be playing Majora's Mask and it better be just as good as Ocarina of Time and I bet it will.
  57. May 2, 2015
    Best game of all time, by alot for me because for me it's not just a game but it's my family. my father used to love this game before he died and he logged off in the temple of time the last time he played. when i checked his profile he was at the graveyard. It tries to communicate with me, it know's. this game should be worshiped as a god
  58. Apr 27, 2015
    First off, OoT begins with Link as a little boy. Know idea how old he is, but he seems to be around 7 or 8. Little fairy called Navi flies up to him and wakes him up for no reason. Apparently the world is in danger and this is just enough motivation to get the little tyke to wake up and start his day. Navi is a sort of tutorial person and she can be annoying if you already know what to do.First off, OoT begins with Link as a little boy. Know idea how old he is, but he seems to be around 7 or 8. Little fairy called Navi flies up to him and wakes him up for no reason. Apparently the world is in danger and this is just enough motivation to get the little tyke to wake up and start his day. Navi is a sort of tutorial person and she can be annoying if you already know what to do. But if you are like me and don't mind a refresher, Navi doesn't seem so obnoxious.

So Link wakes up and Navi basically explains the Deku Tree (the ONLY tree I know with a mustache) needs to see him. Now I as the player begin to move him around with the little joystick and make him run outside his little tree house. Looks like we're in a forest; the Kokiri Forest to be exact. First instinct is to explore around, learn how to pick up rocks and throw them, learn to break pots, run through grass to find stray rupees, and of course find out that Mido is a real jerk. Not sure how he does this, but he slides all the way around the area he is guarding and doesn't let you in because Link is "different" somehow. By the way, Mido is the leader of the Kokiri Forest children running around.

A bit peeved, I run around looking for a sword and shield just like Navi told me to do after saying 'Hello' to Mido (ironically, Link cannot speak). As I find the sword and shield buy dodging rolling boulders and cutting people's lawns for any money I found, I noticed something strange. All these kids running around... not ONE. SINGLE. ADULT!! It was like watching Ed, Edd, and Eddy and wondering the same thing: who watches these children? Does anybody care at all what happens to them!? So I get the sword and shield and shove them in Mido's face and he begrudgingly lets me pass. Off to visit the Deku Tree!

Apparently this old sap was dying and I had to go inside his mouth and kill something to make him feel better. This is the first dungeon of the game. This is where the puzzle aspect comes into play. I was climbing webs, pushing blocks, looting chests, getting lost, freaking out at these huge spiders with skulls as abomens as they drop from the ceiling, and, my favorite hobby, burning things with sticks! Eventually I reached a point where I just couldn't go further. So, got lost again and bumped my head into a chest containing a slingshot. This slingshot was going to help further my progress by allowing me to shoot things from a safe distance.

Finally found the last room where the apparent evil that was killing the Deku Tree was hiding and boy was it dark! Walking around cautiously I hear the same sound that the spiders made when they were moving. Of course, I look up to see if I was right... oh I was right alright. In fact, I was so right the game went widescreen, zoomed in on this spider and it reveals one big orange eye that glares at me with such contempt. The eight-legged freak drops from the ceiling and some white text appears: Parasitic Armored Arachnid GOHMA! I believed myself to be knee deep in scat at this point, so I ran around frantically hoping Navi would say something useful for once! Gohma gets close to me and stands upright, focusing a red glaring eye upon me. Navi finally uses her magical power to pause the game and hint that I should poke its eye. Really Navi? You want me to irritate this guy by poking it in the DAMN EYE!? Fine. I'll shoot a pebble in the eye and see if Gohma gets some more redness and asks Ben Stein for some eyedrops. Apparently shooting a slingshot hurt a lot more than I thought! Gohma falls down and her eye is flashing all sorts of colors. I pull out my twig-sized sword and hack away. Gohma gets back up after 4 slashes and we do this dance allover again. Run around, stand in fear as Gohma begins to stare into my soul with her crimson gaze, fling a pebble in her eye, watch her fall down, pull out twig, smack her with it, and then she dissipates.

Got that out of the way, but apparently the Deku Tree's doctor only gave him so much time to live. In other words, I was too late. The tree was dying and he gives Link a Kokiri Emerald. I guess I should keep it. After all, it's a parting gift and it is shiny. But there is more to this game than just killing time in dungeons, solving puzzles, laying the smack down on spiders bigger than any boot you will ever find, and then watching the trees die! There are mini-games, sidequests, weapons galore, secrets, fairies, engrossing story developments, songs to play, adventures to be had, and NPCs who may strike you as odd, peculiar, creepy, and even pretty. The game's main mechanic has got to be the Ocarina of Time. It is used in many places to open doors, raise water levels, turn night into day, teleport Link to previous locations, and even make it rain! I would say more, but I don't want to spoil anything else. OoT is just a timeless classic that never gets old.
  59. Apr 21, 2015
    This game is brilliant. The game itself shows the gaming audience that graphics do not make a good game. The story is legendary. The game play is awesome. Any chance you can, BUY IT!!!!!
  60. Apr 20, 2015
    It's practically a crime to say that Ocarina of Time is a bad game. The story is timeless, the gameplay is great and the bosses are really awesome. The only thing that sucks about this game is that stupid Water Temple. It is still an amazing game, but in my opinion, it isn't my favorite Zelda game.
  61. Apr 18, 2015
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for Nintendo 64 is one of the most overhyped games in existence, its got bland gameplay. Absolutely terrible combat mechanics and runs at a staggering twenty frames per second (16 in PAL regions)
  62. Mar 29, 2015
    3 words: Legendary, Epic, Perfection. Being a huge fan of the Zelda franchise, this game is truly majestic. When you play this game, you really feel as though you were on a great adventure. You gain a lot of satisfaction in doing so. I can't count the number of times I played this game because of how addicting it is, unlike others games I played, where I would beat the game, and not play3 words: Legendary, Epic, Perfection. Being a huge fan of the Zelda franchise, this game is truly majestic. When you play this game, you really feel as though you were on a great adventure. You gain a lot of satisfaction in doing so. I can't count the number of times I played this game because of how addicting it is, unlike others games I played, where I would beat the game, and not play it again. OoT is on a whole different level. A level higher than Halo, CoD, Destiny, and all those other overated games. OoT is a must play for gamers around the world! Expand
  63. Mar 22, 2015
    1,000/10 .............................................................................................................................................
  64. Mar 22, 2015
    A revolutionary game is something Ocarina of Time truly, truly is. You can clearly see the amount of effort that was put into designing the amazing world of Hyrule and all its wonders. Some call this A Link to the Past 3D and I say that is a very good thing. The graphics were great back when this game was released and while they don't hold up as well today as they used to, the gameplay andA revolutionary game is something Ocarina of Time truly, truly is. You can clearly see the amount of effort that was put into designing the amazing world of Hyrule and all its wonders. Some call this A Link to the Past 3D and I say that is a very good thing. The graphics were great back when this game was released and while they don't hold up as well today as they used to, the gameplay and timelessness of the game certainly do. Ocarina of Time is a marvelous experience. Expand
  65. Mar 22, 2015
    Un gran juegazo, de los mejores de la historia me trae muy buenos recuerdos una pena que estuviera en ingles.

Graficazos y grandes personajes en una historia emocionante.
  66. Mar 16, 2015
    Eigentlich sollten allein schon für die vergangene Arbeit , die für diese Legende in Ideen und Features übergegangen sind , mindestens 3 Punkte hergegeben werden . Keine Ahnung , was sich manche unter gut vorstellen ;D Dieser Klassiker gehört gewürdigt und verdient die 99 % vollkommen zu Recht ^-^
  67. Mar 12, 2015
    Whilst not perfect as nothing is, this game managed to fully immerse me in it's simple yet captivating storyline, gameplay and art style.

I'm trying to not be bias, due me being a Legend of Zelda fan, but I can truly say that if you give this game a chance that lasts longer than 20 minuites (I truly believe the first twenty can be the worst part in the game) then you'll be rewarded the points I have just described.

As others have said, a true classic. The 3DS version is also, brilliant.
  68. Jub
    Mar 8, 2015
    This game is still my favourite.

From start to finish it's an absolute pleasure to play, which is something that I can't say about many games. I'm sitting here trying to think of things that I don't like about it but I'm stumped. So here's the things I like about it; Setting, story, characters, music, gameplay, game mechanics, items, replay value, innovations, quests, open-world
    This game is still my favourite.

Setting, story, characters, music, gameplay, game mechanics, items, replay value, innovations, quests, open-world exploration, levelling system (or lack of), abilities. There's probably more but you get the point.

I could write pages and pages about this game but there's no point. I've played hundreds and hundreds of games over the course of several decades and I still love this game. And this isn't just nostalgia - I've revisited the game multiple times since my original playthrough in 1998 and it still is THAT good. This is something I've tried with other games but sadly they have not withstood the test of time anywhere near as well.

There are aspects to this game that developers should be using for their games today - an example of this is the levelling system. No need to for XP bars, skill trees or any of that nonsense. Just keep it simple. You're health goes up slowly as you make progress but doubly as you explore more areas and find secrets. You find new items which reward you with new abilities. It's all you need. Levelling shouldn't be a big deal and should basically be invisible to the player.

Anyways, there's only a few reasons why you would be reading my review;
    1. You've played the game and like it - hello (see '2' if you're looking to play it again).

2. You haven't played the game - then I suggest you get the 3DS version. It's the best legitimate version available. If you don't want that then you can get it on the Wii eShop. I'll also remind you that the WiiU has a Wii inside it [not everyone knows this]. So yes, you can play OoT on your WiiU but you'll need an old controller.

3. You've played the game and don't like it - thanks for reading anyway.

I probably could have left this blank and just let the date of my review say everything I need. It's 17 years later and I'm still talking about it.
  69. Mar 7, 2015
    The game is playable, but too difficult to proceed in certain sections for younger gamers, which will lead to frustration at being stuck. A Zelda game like Majora's Mask has less situations in which players are unable to continue past a certain spot. Hopefully going forward, Nintendo will lean more on the Majora's Mask model than on Ocarina of Time.
  70. Feb 28, 2015
    Zelda ocarina p4p all time. ................................................................................................................................
  71. Feb 21, 2015
    I played this game on my wii in 2014. And it was awesome. The only thing I disliked was that for me im used to GIANT worlds like in minecraft. So its felt small.
  72. Feb 19, 2015
    Played this game for the first time this past week and it has to be one of my favourite games of all time. The story is engaging, every character that has more than one line has some sort of depth, and the gameplay is flawless. For whatever reason, this has been the number one game to hate for the collective hipster and fanboy that is the internet. I came to this conclusion because whenPlayed this game for the first time this past week and it has to be one of my favourite games of all time. The story is engaging, every character that has more than one line has some sort of depth, and the gameplay is flawless. For whatever reason, this has been the number one game to hate for the collective hipster and fanboy that is the internet. I came to this conclusion because when you ask someone why they hate it, they say its overrated then leave without giving any solid arguments. Are you insane? Seriously this is the closest thing you can get to a masterpiece in games. Giving this anything below an 8 would be a sin. Also I prefer the 3DS version, where they fix a few of the problems the N64 game had. And the obvious addition of 3D and better graphics. Expand
  73. Feb 18, 2015
    Simply fantastic is every way possible!
    Even after 20 years this game will still be legendary and bring out the inner child that once ever loved this game! Why? Because unlike a lot of games today, Ocarina of Time tells a tale of values and lessons that need to be learned whether you're a busy adult or a child looking forward to grow up without the use of blood and gore!
    The game's story
    Simply fantastic is every way possible!
    The game's story is based on a saying, "Past mistakes can affect your future, and you will one day have to have the courage to face them eventually in life." Might as well be one of the best things to learn in life.

Plot/Story: 10/10

As for gameplay, fun as always. Easy to use controls and intense battles with catchy background music to get your blood pumping hard! Dungeons are a bit tricky at times but that's what makes it fun and exciting!

A MUST PLAY BEFORE YOU DIE!
  74. Feb 18, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is my favourite game of all time and will be until I find a game that has made me feel the same way or better because that game is amazing, the scope (for an n64 its amazing), the story is what a Zelda story should be like and the final boss Ganon is the most amazing final boss you will ever see, the only game that has come close is shadow of the colossus. Expand
  75. Feb 18, 2015
    this is one of the best games i ever played IF not the best , its one of those games where you can say '' i used a walkthrough , but i still enjoyed it '' everything about it is great EVERYTHING
  76. Jan 30, 2015
    I've banged a lot of Legend of Zelda games in my day, but few have brought me to climax like Ocarina of Time. I was like, "Whoa", every time I heard the boss music start playing. Oh My God! The it was so amazing. Please play this game and do your best to destroy anyone who claims it is not one of the best games ever. Go Fourth and Destroy them with your words. Ganon straight turns into aI've banged a lot of Legend of Zelda games in my day, but few have brought me to climax like Ocarina of Time. I was like, "Whoa", every time I heard the boss music start playing. Oh My God! The it was so amazing. Please play this game and do your best to destroy anyone who claims it is not one of the best games ever. Go Fourth and Destroy them with your words. Ganon straight turns into a demon pig like the original game, and you **** him up with the master sword like byaaah! Expand
  77. Jan 23, 2015
    One of the best games of all, with many puzzles and how they interact to continue in history, certainly one of the best zelda and a great soundtrack with great songs and melodies I love.
  78. Jan 23, 2015
    I have stated in other game reviews that nothing is perfect but this IS!
    There is nothing left to say after all these years since its release.
    It is a masterpiece in all aspects, but the story is remarkable.
    I complete this game 100% over and over.
    PERFECT!
  79. Jan 21, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ok so first of all people who gave this a game a 0 don't deserve to rate games. A game that is a 0 dosent work. 1 is a game where everything is so bad and its barley and game etc. This game came out in 98 and set the bar so high few games still have managed to hit that bar. When this game came out in 98 people where mind blown. It was one of the games in history that changed gaming. This game has aged well, Many people who are new gamers who are used to graphics and dramatic scenes may not like it as much because its old but will still enjoy it so much. This game has great music, characters, terrain, and probably the best development of any video game. Link the hero of time starts off as a lazy kid who is rejected by everybody in the kokiri village. He dosent even have his own fairy. But as you progress through the story Link keeps getting stronger and stronger just enough to beat the next boss. Towards the mid point of the game where you get the ocarina of time Link finally meets ganandorf. Link With great courage draws his sword and weapon but is easily knocked off by ganandorf. Ganandorf then laughs and leaves in pursuit of the princess. Link has gotten strong but not nearly strong enough. The sages knew link could not take on ganon at this age so they put link into a deep 7 year sleep. Now Link (matured) has been informed what has happend to hyrule and now he must find all the sages in order to beat ganon and save hyrule. So link sets off running around hyrule, temple to temple gaining even more strength and weapons. In the end Link is now strong enough to face the evil lord in a epic showdown between shadow vs light, the hero of time who possesses the triforce of courage vs the evil demon king who possesses the triforce of power. After a long epic struggle Link the hero of time prevails and defeats Ganon stabbing him with the master sword in the head. Link went from the the lazy boy without a fairy to a Legend who saved hyrule from complete destruction. Expand
  80. Jan 19, 2015
    This game is beyond any rating possible, my childhood and adult main game. If this game didn't exist then I wouldn't be playing games as much as I do today. Basically, it was a life changer and every person that says they're a gamer but haven't played this game isn't living up to the name 'gamer'. I just wish developers would put this much heart into making a game like they did for this.
  81. Jan 4, 2015
    I really found this game to be one of the more disappointing games in the Legend Of Zelda Series. I found the dungeons very repetitive and the story lacked in plot twist and there was no character development at all.
    The graphics have not improved at all and the enemy's do not get harder as the games go on.
    overall i found Ocarina of Time to be a massive disappoint,
  82. Jan 2, 2015
    Easily the best Legend of Zelda. I never quite liked the other Legends of Zelda but this was pure awesomeness. It rightfully gets the best score on meta critic ever.
  83. Dec 31, 2014
    "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time" I'm going to give this game as definitive of a review as possible for anyone on the fence, whether its the gamecube, 3ds or N64 version. This is a spoiler free review. To keep it as spoiler free as possible im going to be somewhat brief. This game is a perfect example of overcoming forces that you previously would not be able to overcome. its a"The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time" I'm going to give this game as definitive of a review as possible for anyone on the fence, whether its the gamecube, 3ds or N64 version. This is a spoiler free review. To keep it as spoiler free as possible im going to be somewhat brief. This game is a perfect example of overcoming forces that you previously would not be able to overcome. its a story of triumph, much like any other zelda game. However, this one is special. Ocarina of Time is a pioneer of the genre. being arguably one of the most innovative games of all time being the first 3D Adventure game, as well as bringing Z-targeting to the table, that every game nowadays uses in one form or another. This game has a special way of immersing you into it and taking you for the rollercoaster the game is. Plot twists and all, If you even dare to consider yourself a gamer this is a must play, otherwise you are missing out on what will be known as the best game of all time for years to come. if a game is ever to come that is greater than that of Ocarina, i will be swept off my feet.

Conclusion: No matter what blocks you from playing this game, get through it. play it somehow one way or another. whether on the N64, Gamecube, Wii virtual console, 3DS anything. just please do not emulate this game because this is a game worthy of being paid for.
  84. Dec 27, 2014
    What can i say that hasnt already been said. The game is perfect it has no flaws what so ever. It was probably the most beautiful game ever also I think i speak to everyone when we one the game we cried at how great the ending was also the game was basically perfect.
  85. Dec 27, 2014
    where do i start? the story is compelling with a few plot twists this game revolutionized games for ever gameplay is awesome with lots of items and side quests after beating the game why not do all the mask side quests? or all the gold skulltula's this game is for n64 gamecube wii and wii u and 3ds ports and rom 64 for PC fans so this game is for everyone even if your not into zeldawhere do i start? the story is compelling with a few plot twists this game revolutionized games for ever gameplay is awesome with lots of items and side quests after beating the game why not do all the mask side quests? or all the gold skulltula's this game is for n64 gamecube wii and wii u and 3ds ports and rom 64 for PC fans so this game is for everyone even if your not into zelda theres no doubt this is the best game of all time 10 great fairys outta 10 Expand
  86. Dec 15, 2014
    Hablemos un poco de Mario 64... Como juego se ha convertido en un estandar y su historia, niveles y retos lo han vuelto sin duda en un juego inmortal... Ahora, que hacemos si colocamos todo esto en juego por segunda vez, pero en uno de Zelda? Sale el mejor juego de la historia.
  87. Dec 10, 2014
    This is one of the best games of all time. There isn't much else to be said about it. I'm sure every gamer has played this by now, and if you haven't. You need too. It doesn't even feel like it's aged poorly. I don't hand out 10s often, this game is well deserving of it. I wish I got into this as a kid.
  88. Dec 9, 2014
    without a doubt the best game ever made not just on the nostalgia factor but for the sheer fun that comes with exploring the vast world of hyrule! also modern gaming can take a leaf or 2 out of this game. Back when games were powered by a good script and story instead of being heavily relied on graphics.
  89. Dec 2, 2014
    This is the best game the human intellect will ever produce. A trully remarakable masterpiece, simply the greatest videogame of all time. No other game can surpass this perfection
  90. Nov 28, 2014
    Besides lack of replay value this game is astonishing it has such a great story line its one of the Zelda games that I will rank along with Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword and Majora's mask.
    This game set the stage for Windwaker and has a dynamic serious world full of interesting enemies characters puzzles items and more.
    This game also paved the way for Majora's mask which was a game
    This game also paved the way for Majora's mask which was a game with great atmosphere and a mysterious story.
    The only Zelda game I would rate significantly higher in terms of construction would be a Link to the Past now that game was INCREDIBLE now I know that you would think that this game would not have good replay value but it DOES because a Link to the past had all of the great story and characters with the GREATEST Zelda puzzles of ALL time its so great I have not beaten it since
  91. Nov 23, 2014
    There really isn't much to be said that has not already been said about this legendary game. This game pushed the franchise into new heights as it transitioned into the third dimension. Hyrule is bigger than ever and the characters you meet appear fleshed out and it's almost surreal that you could interact with them in ways you could not before. The story is incredible and it leaves usThere really isn't much to be said that has not already been said about this legendary game. This game pushed the franchise into new heights as it transitioned into the third dimension. Hyrule is bigger than ever and the characters you meet appear fleshed out and it's almost surreal that you could interact with them in ways you could not before. The story is incredible and it leaves us with a great mystery that would dwell within the minds of theorists until recently. Without this game, where would we be today? Ocarina of Time will forever endure as among video games' finest achievements. Expand
  92. Nov 22, 2014
    Simply an amazing game by any stretch. If you any sort of gamer, it is essential that you play this game. Playing this game is a great experience.I cannot express how well this set the groundbreaking for today's gaming world. PLAY IT.
  93. Nov 21, 2014
    Put simply I still have not played a game replicate the experience of Ocarina of Time and this remains a benchmark that has not been achieved again.
  94. Nov 19, 2014
    My all time favorite game. Played it back in 1998 on the N64 and boy it was amazing. Up to this day no game left a bigger impression on me than OoT. A true masterpiece. Even 16 years later I still cherish it for what it was back then (damn I feel old now).
  95. Nov 14, 2014
    maybe its just me but i find this game to not be that fun i know i did not enjoy playing it, i would like to hear why so many people think its the best game of all time to me it is just not fun the game play is not that great the story bad nothing good in this game
  96. Nov 13, 2014
    This is the greatest Zelda game ever made. This was nintendos first step into 3d with zelda and the result was perfect. The dungeons have great layouts. The bosses are fun. A game that everyone should play. Its 10 out of 10
  97. Nov 11, 2014
    I can understand that you don't love this game because it's not your type of game. If you prefer FPS above a good old Action-Adventure game, ok fine. It's your choice if you want to buy this. But if you just slap a rating on this game without even knowing what this game is, then you should be ashamed of yourself.
    This game is a masterpiece, you can still play this game if you have a N64
    This game is a masterpiece, you can still play this game if you have a N64 but you can also play it on an emulator which is sadly not that awesome. This game is probably one of the best LoZ games of all time and could even get the title of best video game of all time!
    If you love the fantasy genre and if you love action-adventure games, you should check this game out because you will have a load of fun with this masterpiece.
  98. Nov 7, 2014
    10/10 means the best game you've ever seen. You could only give one game in history 10/10 and let me tell you this one is it. Fantastic level design, great graphics for the time, great story line, excellent camera and controls, excellent game play and challenging puzzles make this game head and shoulders ahead of any other
  99. Nov 6, 2014
    What a fantastic game! The gameplay is highly addictive, characters are memorable because of it's own personality, greatly designed temples, and Perfect music!

If you want a story with many exciting parts, then this is a must-try game!
  100. Nov 5, 2014
    The best game of all time by some length! Amazing story, loveable characters, true game progression. I've loved and love all the Zelda games but this is still by far the best!
  101. Jun 12, 2011
    Everything in OoT is so near at perfection, its really no wonder that this game has such a huge fanbase and is so highly rated among players and critics.

#1 Most Discussed N64 Game of 1998
#1 Most Shared N64 Game of 1998

This is, without a doubt, one of the all-time greatest games made. 50 years from now people will still be playing and enjoying this game... thoroughly.
  2. This Zelda adventure will undoubtedly withstand the test of time and take its place as one of the best games to ever grace a home system.
  3. My favorite game of all Time. It is the perfect example of a perfect and polished game. Every aspect of the game is virtually flawless.