The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Nintendo 64

9.1

1. Feb 21, 2017
    Why play any other Zelda game? This is the best N64 and Link game ever made!!! The best graphics and the best story. Go play the game to understand how great OOT is.
  2. Feb 18, 2017
    One of the best games ever created and will always have a warm place in my heart. I remember when this was first released and was absolutely amazed and still it holds up today. Saying 10/10 doesn't give it enough justice.
  3. Feb 14, 2017
    If there's a Zelda game that deserves a 100 rating, it's this one. This classic game has an incredible story, and some incredible boss fights and dungeons (I actually liked the water temple). Literally every video game critics have called this game a masterpiece, if you haven't played this game yet go get it right away.
  4. Feb 12, 2017
    Overrated. The overworld is boring at best and the story is drab and cliché (you are chosen one, go save princess). However, this game is primarily focused on the various dungeons and they are what make this game so enjoyable. Is it the best video game of all time? No. Is it the best in the series? No (that title would fall to the likes of Majora's Mask). Is it still loads of fun? Yes.Overrated. The overworld is boring at best and the story is drab and cliché (you are chosen one, go save princess). However, this game is primarily focused on the various dungeons and they are what make this game so enjoyable. Is it the best video game of all time? No. Is it the best in the series? No (that title would fall to the likes of Majora's Mask). Is it still loads of fun? Yes. Should you play this game? Absolutely, this game is one of the most iconic games in video game history. Expand
  5. Jan 23, 2017
    .......................................Simply, the best videogame ever made...........................................................................
  6. Jan 20, 2017
    wonderful game, everything is as close as perfection as possible, I won't bore you with what everyone is already saying about how amazing this game is. But if you're on the fence about whether to give this classic a try, go read IGN's review.
  7. Jan 17, 2017
    juste le meilleur jeu de l'histoire rien a dire a par que si vous n'y avait pas joué vous avez raté un chef d'oeuvre des plus incroyable et palpitant avec une 3D énorme pour l’époque et un scénario devenu culte !
  8. Jan 14, 2017
    I enjoyed this game, but I did not get much play time out of it. sadden :( memememememememememememememememememememememememememememememememememememememe
  9. Jan 4, 2017
    Deutsche Review - Kritik

Deutsche Review - Kritik

Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. Regeln verstanden?
    Dann sind hier meine Punkte.

Mein persönlicher Score = 95/100
    Mein User Score = 9/10
  10. Jan 2, 2017
    Best game of all time? PAH! Don't let critic reviews fool you, this journey through hyrule is FAR from perfect, but it's still pretty darn good! The story is immersive and lovely, the graphics are great...for 1998, and Link (the name of the hero but you can name him whatever you want) controls tightly and is pretty responsive, whereas Mario is pretty slippery. But the dungeon designs areBest game of all time? PAH! Don't let critic reviews fool you, this journey through hyrule is FAR from perfect, but it's still pretty darn good! The story is immersive and lovely, the graphics are great...for 1998, and Link (the name of the hero but you can name him whatever you want) controls tightly and is pretty responsive, whereas Mario is pretty slippery. But the dungeon designs are pretty dated and the gameplay can get...repetitive to say the least. Also, any "rek th0s n00bs" Call of Duty kid who just so happens to have and N64 will be put off by the dated graphics. If your one of those whiny little jerks who thinks a game is the spawn of satan just because the characters look like a mess of triangles, I reccomend the 3DS remake. While I don't think this game is as good as everyone says, I still think it's a solid puzzle/adventure game and it's worth checking out if you have an old N64 collecting dust Expand
  11. Dec 15, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best game ever, in his time the game haven´t comparation with others games. I hope a remake with Unreal 4 graphics and new areas for exploration.. Expand
  12. Dec 5, 2016
    little overrated but still one of the best Zelda games but still has problems like camera, and the pre rendered images look really bad, the mini games are awsome the ganon fight is awsome man !
  13. Dec 3, 2016
    This is game is Insanely over-rated. I'm the kind of person that rates every game on how it stacks up today, not how it was in the past. Older games can be amazing, I go back and play Megaman and the original zelda and love them, but this game is pretty terrible, having to wait for your enemy to attack just to fight and having one of the most boring and terrible lacking over-worlds everThis is game is Insanely over-rated. I'm the kind of person that rates every game on how it stacks up today, not how it was in the past. Older games can be amazing, I go back and play Megaman and the original zelda and love them, but this game is pretty terrible, having to wait for your enemy to attack just to fight and having one of the most boring and terrible lacking over-worlds ever doesn't help. Not to mention the camera is horrid. IF you want a more detailed review I suggest Egoraptor's video on the game. Expand
  14. Nov 26, 2016
    С чего бы начать... Это лучшая игра на свете, она волшебна. Саундтрек великолепен. Геймплей шикарен. Сюжет простой но очаровательный 12/10
  15. Nov 24, 2016
    This was my first Zelda game, and it was pretty fun... until I got the Master Sword. After that, the game just became very obscure side quests that are necessary to complete the game and bad dungeon. The music is amazing as is some of the bosses, but it is far from being one of the best game of all time.
  16. Oct 31, 2016
    One of the best Zelda titles of all time, rated the highest for many, and it deserves the praise. There's a lot to love, here. I actually didn't play the game until I downloaded it on my Wii since I never owned an N64. By that time I was around 17 or so, just several years ago. Even for someone like me who's only playing it now, I can say the game was absolutely amazing. I may just be aOne of the best Zelda titles of all time, rated the highest for many, and it deserves the praise. There's a lot to love, here. I actually didn't play the game until I downloaded it on my Wii since I never owned an N64. By that time I was around 17 or so, just several years ago. Even for someone like me who's only playing it now, I can say the game was absolutely amazing. I may just be a jaded millennial, but I can definitely see why people loved this game so much. It really set the standard for what modern Zelda games are all about.

It goes through the same motions as all the others, of course. Go into a dungeon, get an item, use it to beat the boss. It's the standard thing that all Zelda games do over and over, but I'm not knocking points off of it because it did this first. Even if it wasn't the first to do it, I'd probably still love the game just as much. The world feels huge despite its actually relatively small size, feeling much larger and livelier than many of the much bigger open world games that I've played. There's tons to do, and no matter how many times I play the thing, I never find myself becoming bored. The world is fun to explore, and the dungeons are very well designed, never being a completely linear experience, but never feeling like it just leaves you without any clue as to what to do. I love exploring and figuring out the dungeons in this game, they're absolutely some of the best parts of the game. Of course I hear the Water Temple was some legendary rite of passage to separate the boys from the men, but I never found that much trouble with it. It was more complex than others, sure, but the same rules applied. Just explore rooms you haven't been to, yet. It wasn't really that difficult for me, even if it had three separate and sprawling floors.

Even as someone who jumped onto Ocarina of Time late, I can still feel the magic in this title. I fell in love with the game after the first dungeon, and I felt compelled to keep going through the story, exploring the dungeons and slaying the monsters, and the second half of the game feels even better than the first half when you're jumping back and forth through time. Shifting from child to adult form is the main selling point of this game, and it's used to solve puzzles and such things in certain sections of the game. Although only one dungeon really incorporates it completely, it can be used in exploration throughout the world, and it's always fun to come across something and experiment with time to see what works.

This is my personal favorite Zelda title, though I haven't played all of them, but even so I don't think my opinion is controversial. This is definitely a masterpiece, and any shortcomings it may have are overshadowed by its overall amazing quality and the magical experience it provides, even after all the years after its initial release.
  17. Oct 22, 2016
    Keeping in mind that this is a 1998 game this is my review of Oot.

Graphics - Amazing for its time. Like 10/10 graphics Story - The best to date Characters - Very interesting and feel very personal World - Extremely big for its time, very fun to explore Can be simply put : deserves #1 spot The graphics may not be its strong point anymore but the dialog, story, characters and the
    Keeping in mind that this is a 1998 game this is my review of Oot.

Graphics - Amazing for its time. Like 10/10 graphics
    Story - The best to date
    Characters - Very interesting and feel very personal
    World - Extremely big for its time, very fun to explore
    Can be simply put : deserves #1 spot
    The graphics may not be its strong point anymore but the dialog, story, characters and the world really makes you feel that you have an effect in it.
  18. Oct 21, 2016
    5/5: Love it. The Legend of Zelda series is one of the greatest franchises, with each game becoming a timeless classic. This game has defined every other game since its release, and with good reason. This game was the reason to own an N64.
  19. Oct 21, 2016
    Those who say that this game is boring, or something like that, want to compare in 2016 a 1998 game! They do not know what is a game made out of his time, simply a revolution in the gaming world, and all games later took inspiration from this masterpiece.

What is lacking today is this something different and innovative and that's what Zelda was then.
  20. Oct 12, 2016
    awesome game
    good and challenging gameplay
    awesome boss battles
    very good story
    and the graphics for a n64 game is not bad at all it's pretty cool
    one of my favorite games of all time
  21. Oct 6, 2016
    OK, please don't kill me for this, but I think this game is just a little overrated. There. I said it. Apart from it being an amazing game, I do have a lot of nostalgia for it, but when I went and bought the 3DS version, I started picking up on some of the mistakes. The combat isn't overly impressive, and the puzzles get tedious after a while. There have been many better titles, such asOK, please don't kill me for this, but I think this game is just a little overrated. There. I said it. Apart from it being an amazing game, I do have a lot of nostalgia for it, but when I went and bought the 3DS version, I started picking up on some of the mistakes. The combat isn't overly impressive, and the puzzles get tedious after a while. There have been many better titles, such as Portal 2, to name one of them. But for it's time it was amazing. Also it aged really well. So imma gonna give it an 8 out of 10. Expand
  22. Oct 6, 2016
    Still my favorite game since 1998 (I was 8 years old back then).
    The graphics didn't age really wel (hence the 3DS version), but the rest of the game was en is perfect to me.
  23. Sep 30, 2016
    The greatest video game of all time i have ever played in my life, everything about this game is flawless cant say anything negative about it. 10/10 well done shigeru!!
  24. Sep 21, 2016
    Bad controls, uninteresting story, uninteresting game play. It's good for its time, but it has aged horribly. Not to mention I don't find the style or formula for the Zelda series fun at all.
  25. Sep 19, 2016
    I played it for the first time last year and was shocked by how bad the graphics were. Seriousl, games released in 2008 have better graphics and effects than this garbage. Not to mention the gameplay is boring and unoirinal. I got about 30 minutes in before quitting. It's so hard because the controls suck. 0/10.
  26. Sep 18, 2016
    great game just a tad bit overrated. I wouldn't call it a masterpiece but a pretty darn good game. I honestly prefer majora's mask but this will be in many gamers hearts for years to come
  27. Sep 15, 2016
    If you haven't played it yet and are wondering if you should try such an old game, I say run! Do it now! I just replayed it for the first time after many years and it retains all of its magic. A masterpiece by anyone's standards. At worst you'll love it. I envy you the experience of playing it for the first time. Still here? Go play you lucky b...
  28. Aug 28, 2016
    Here it is, possibly the greatest game ever. Okay so, same as before, you still play as Zelda, but this time in full 3D and you play around with your skin flute or whatever to impress the elf girl and everybody arounds you thinks that you shold be a professional skin flute player. But you decide no when the elf girl gets captured AGAIN (she should really consider getting that armorHere it is, possibly the greatest game ever. Okay so, same as before, you still play as Zelda, but this time in full 3D and you play around with your skin flute or whatever to impress the elf girl and everybody arounds you thinks that you shold be a professional skin flute player. But you decide no when the elf girl gets captured AGAIN (she should really consider getting that armor bikini). And the goblin king guy wants to find the triangle and beat you with it or whatever. 69/10 some great skin flute playing! Expand
  29. Aug 16, 2016
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is a action-adventure video game developed and published by Nintendo.

+ Revolutionary Gameplay
    + Great Link Adventure
    - Empty Overworld
    - Some Boring Puzzles
    - No Real Reason to Explore
  30. Aug 15, 2016
    99 metascore. 91 User reviews based on 3000 ratings? There is nothing else to be said. One of the most popular games, the best game ever (not for me) for the industry I mean, is at least in my top 10 of all time.

Detail: I finished more than 3000 games in my life... Only with 360 I played more than 800 and finished almost 350 titles. Yes I play a lot, Yes I play since Atari, Yes this

Yes I play a lot, Yes I play since Atari, Yes this game blew me away and will blow away too many people to play it for the first time even almost 20 years later! It is that epic
  31. Aug 1, 2016
    It's impossible for humans to be perfect, let alone create something perfect, but among videogames, Ocarina of Time is the one title that gets closer to perfection. Claiming it is the best videogame of all time undoubtely falls into subjection, but no one can deny how it changed the world of electronic entertainment and the lives of millions of players around the world.
  32. Jul 25, 2016
    Metacritic sucks ass and people who rate games 0s and 1s should go back to f***ing kindegarten, grow the f*** up. Seriously, why are there user reviews on this f***ing site???? They suck a**
  33. Jul 23, 2016
    No game is perfect so I can't give it a 10. Even though I want to give it a 10 more than I want to be a billionaire... Yeah... It's that much of a video game master piece....... This is a fact guys... This is as close to perfect as a game has ever gotten everrrr....

I'm not even going to waste my time talking about why it's so great. The game speaks for itself. Just read all of the known critics reviews. I would just tell you the same stuff...

The only haters are morons/crazy people. I don't mean to sound like a jerk but it's true. This game is THAT amazing. If you don't like it something is wrong with you. You might as well say you don't like bacon if you don't like Ocarina of time lol.

It's the king. It's the goat. It's the Daniel day Lewis of gaming. It's the Jordan of gaming. It's the starry night of gaming. It's the Beatles of gaming. It's the Alexander the great of gaming. It's yeah yeah you get the idea...

Play this game or forever not know what it is to be in video game heaven. Or better yet... Play the 3ds version. It's a little bit better in many ways particularly just because you don't have to pause the game to put on those iron boots lol. Plus being able to play probably the greatest thing ever made in gaming history to date on the go is a godsend.

Of course the game isn't perfect as no game is... The water temple can be a bit frustrating which is understandable. Dang water level adjustments... Although Dark link is amazing so that kind of makes up for it... Also the game kind of takes a lot from link to the past and puts a 3d spin on it but hey... Lots of games are similar to lots of games. Big whoop. If you're going to kind of sort of copy a older game you might as well kind of sort of copy a good one like link to the past.
  34. Jul 3, 2016
    Wow! This game has good story and great worlds. The graphics and controls make me surprise of how good they are. Well for the N64. This game aged 100% well. This is my 2nd favorite N64 game. But this game is perfect so no worries if it's not my favorite. I 101% recommend it to everyone. This game will totally keep you entertained.
  35. Jun 22, 2016
    Perfect game, amazing dungeons, the music is wonderful and the characters and main story is just legendary.
    Love playing this game over and over since I was 7 years old. I grew up with Link and the Ocarina of Time and grew very fond of the other Zelda games.

A must for every true gamer.
  36. Jun 3, 2016
    + Incredible Graphics for the time
    +Incredible World and Atmosphere
    + Incredible Gameplay
    + Perfect Exploration
    + Perfect Soundtrack

- That one temple...
  37. May 19, 2016
    Absolutely agreeable as the best rated video game of all time. With it's intense graphics for its time, it's flawless. The only problem with it i say is the confusion on sometimes knowing where to go, but that doesn't factor into the game.
  38. May 15, 2016
    Пожалуй одна из самых атмосферных игр, в которые мне приходилось играть! Довольно обширная карта и красивая для тех времен графика(учитывая то, что игра издавалась на 30мегабайтном картридже). Замечательный саундтрек, который можно специально отдельно слушать по несколько часов подряд. Конечно же замечательные подземелья и загадки в них. Советую пройти абсолютно всем!Пожалуй одна из самых атмосферных игр, в которые мне приходилось играть! Довольно обширная карта и красивая для тех времен графика(учитывая то, что игра издавалась на 30мегабайтном картридже). Замечательный саундтрек, который можно специально отдельно слушать по несколько часов подряд. Конечно же замечательные подземелья и загадки в них. Советую пройти абсолютно всем!
  39. May 15, 2016
    Actually i must say, what critics make right choose about this game)) Cool gameplay, normal storyline, normal graphics for 1996, and normal opening world. Nintendo - you the BEST :)
  40. May 13, 2016
    This game is amazing, creative dungeons, memorable characters and a fantastic story. I can't say much this game hasn't already been praised for. It is a classic game that is a must play for any gamer.
  41. May 12, 2016
    You have to laugh at some of these negative reviews, I mean seriously, just lol. Talking about the world being empty, or the graphics, or the controls, or this and that blah blah blah. Of course compare to todays open world games it won't have aged well, but at the time this was absolutely groundbreaking. Some people need to stick to COD rehashes.
  42. May 11, 2016
    This game has proven it's greatness by being referred to as the best game ever made. It is the very first 3D The Legend of Zelda game and was a step into the future for Zelda series and gaming in general. An amazing story complimented by great gameplay and a great musical score.Adventure awaits, if you haven't played this game yet, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
  43. May 8, 2016
    Everything was great. This game was so excited and fun. But I don't like the save system. It's so annoying. that make my game have a long playthrough. I personality like link. But not with princess Zelda. She not like a princess. She to strong to be a girl
  44. May 3, 2016
    What more needs to be said about this game? Just shy of 20 year anniversary and it's still just as incredible when you play through it now as it was the first time you did as a kid. Not many games become instant classics like this one. It'll be a long time before a game comes out that will supplant this game as my favorite game of all time!
  45. May 1, 2016

In Ocarina of Time, the player controls Link in the land of Hyrule. Link sets out on a quest to stop Ganondorf, king of the Gerudo tribe, from obtaining the Triforce, a sacred relic that grants the wishes of its holder. He travels through time and navigates various dungeons to awaken the sages, who have the power to seal Ganondorf away forever. Music plays an important role; to progress, the player must learn to play several songs on an ocarina.
  46. Apr 29, 2016
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is the best game of all time hands down there is no game that can amount to the quality of this game if there was a thing as a perfect game this is it, this game really makes you feel like you're on a quest to save the world, and at its time it looked beautiful there were places to go people to meet and heaps of things to collect. to be honest it isThe Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is the best game of all time hands down there is no game that can amount to the quality of this game if there was a thing as a perfect game this is it, this game really makes you feel like you're on a quest to save the world, and at its time it looked beautiful there were places to go people to meet and heaps of things to collect. to be honest it is very hard to explain how great Ocarina of Time is to some one who has not played it, it is something to experience if you have not played it get on your N64 or 3DS. Expand
  47. Apr 24, 2016
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time uma obra de arte o jogo consegue ser incrível em tudo, muito impressionante para sua época, ele merece mesmo o titulo de melhor joga da historia, ele é um jogo quase perfeito.
  48. Apr 19, 2016
    Lo siento, no puedo ser objetivo con este juego. Marcó mi infancia, es el juego de mi vida. El juego que hizo que me aficionara a este mundillo y el que consiguió que considerara a los videojuegos como un arte. No es un análisis, simplemente es lo que este juego fue para mi. Me encantó y maravilló.
    Lo jugué de pequeño y me duró año y medio. Cuando eres un crío y te sumerges en este universo es magia pura. A mi entender irrepetible. ARTE.
  49. Apr 18, 2016
    Best game on N64 and One of the best Nintendo games . This game brought popularity N64 . This game One of the First good game from Nintendo . This is best The Legend of Zelda game with The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker and Twilight Princess on GameCube . Beatiful graphics for 1998 , Best Levels on the N64 and Amazing Gameplay . 7/10 .
  50. Apr 1, 2016
    Starting by showcasing itself as an open-world experience followed by stunning tridimensional graphics, Ocarina of Time scores with excellence in every single aspect. At first, it's main storyline concept is surprisingly well-developed, a balanced mix of adventure and interaction splitted between quests and dungeons that brings an deeper, darker knowledge of the game's main shot. There's aStarting by showcasing itself as an open-world experience followed by stunning tridimensional graphics, Ocarina of Time scores with excellence in every single aspect. At first, it's main storyline concept is surprisingly well-developed, a balanced mix of adventure and interaction splitted between quests and dungeons that brings an deeper, darker knowledge of the game's main shot. There's a special concern on the characters' construction: all of them have personalities and, by being barely seen with expressionless faces, there is a plenty lot of them that have an inner connection with the story denouement.

Although made by a mainly cliché story where the hero save the princess, there are countless special features that makes the game beyond primordial and original. There are also enjoyable, time-lengthy side quests which turn The Legend of Zelda in a potential replay: you could finish it five times and there would still be something yet to be unveiled. The soundtrack works at it's best to swap between a comfort zone and sadness, epic insanity moments thanks to it's awesomeness composition.

In short, the final result is brilliantly delivered. It's touching. Emotional. Marvelous. An atemporal masterpiece. And - unquestionably - a must play.
  51. Mar 29, 2016
    This is the game that brought Hyrule into the third dimension and introduced the world to Z-Targeting (aka L-Targeting). It is a classic in every sense of the word. Ocarina of Time is filled with memorable characters and puzzle-like dungeons.
  52. Mar 29, 2016
    This game is brilliant as most of these reviews will tell you but it is not perfect here is why. The first major problem is the Water Temple as it is extremely confusing and requires so many keys to get into the multiple rooms. Also, the mini boss is much harder than the actual boss. Another problem I have with the game is that although all of the bosses in the game are good, not manyThis game is brilliant as most of these reviews will tell you but it is not perfect here is why. The first major problem is the Water Temple as it is extremely confusing and requires so many keys to get into the multiple rooms. Also, the mini boss is much harder than the actual boss. Another problem I have with the game is that although all of the bosses in the game are good, not many stand out as interesting or unique. This doesn't mean they are bad however as some of them are brilliant like the sisters in the Spirit Temple and the Forest Temple boss but the others are mediocre or to simple like the first boss in the Deku Tree.

The positives however are that the world feels unique and lived in, unlike some that feel unrealistic. Everything you do feels important no matter what the task is as you are helping a world that you can care so much about. The items are all interesting with some of the most common items in there as well. I always love to play the ocarina as all the songs are different and are brilliantly composed but that is true with every piece of music and I would sometimes find myself whistling song's like Saria's song (The Lost Woods theme tune) or Gerudo Valleys theme tune. Hyrule field is a bit empty but is still a beautiful place to just walk or ride around in. I also like the controls and the Z targeting but sometimes you might do something you don't want to but that rarely happens when I play. The dungeons and temples are fun (except the Water Temple) as it puts puzzles in certain environments and can't be found in other areas. The ending is fun and fulfilling but to make this as spoiler free as possible I'm not going to talk about it.

Thanks for reading.
  53. Mar 18, 2016
    I will just say something cause i know im a modern gamer but ill tell you this: I didn't know how a game could be before this N64 game arrived to my bedroom.
  54. Mar 15, 2016
    Probably my absolute favourite games of all time. It's the game I've replayed the most times and the game I look back to if someone asks me about my best childhood memories. I can't see anything wrong with it! I don't know if I'm blinded by the fact that I love the game from childhood or that the game is just perfect.

Even if you are a new gamer or an old gamer who never got the time to

Even if you are a new gamer or an old gamer who never got the time to play Ocarina of Time, I with all my heart recommend you to play it. Despite its age, the game plays flawlessly and the controls still works and feels comfortable. You will not regret it!

I just wish that I could go back in time to play it with new eyes again, because that really was the best feeling I've ever felt. When I get old and am in my death bed, I'd rather play Ocarina of Time than following the light at the end of the tunnel!
  55. Mar 15, 2016
    This overrated game is considered by many to be one of the greatest games of all time, and the definitive Zelda game. While I don't agree, I do think this is the Nintendo 64 at it's best. Some aspects of this game haven't aged well, but it's still a pretty decent game. The plot, while not as great as say, Wind Waker or A Link to The Past, is good, The graphics are... okay, and theThis overrated game is considered by many to be one of the greatest games of all time, and the definitive Zelda game. While I don't agree, I do think this is the Nintendo 64 at it's best. Some aspects of this game haven't aged well, but it's still a pretty decent game. The plot, while not as great as say, Wind Waker or A Link to The Past, is good, The graphics are... okay, and the soundtrack is amazing. This game, just like Mario 64 set a lot of standards. ALOT. It jumped the franchise into the 3D world perfectly, and that's something amazing. This is a fantastic game, it's just not my favorite... Please don't crucify me. Expand
  56. Mar 9, 2016
    This game was pretty enjoyable. I really liked a lot of things. Since this game is so heavily filled with puzzles they are a huge part of my score. Most of them are pretty good. The dungeons themselves are well made since I felt genuinely scared at certain parts. Something not a lot of games can do to me. The story is a bit lacking on its own however when put into the timeline it isThis game was pretty enjoyable. I really liked a lot of things. Since this game is so heavily filled with puzzles they are a huge part of my score. Most of them are pretty good. The dungeons themselves are well made since I felt genuinely scared at certain parts. Something not a lot of games can do to me. The story is a bit lacking on its own however when put into the timeline it is better. I wouldn't say this is the best Zelda game though. It is certainly up there though. Expand
  57. Mar 1, 2016
    OK so i love this game but and the controls are a bit weird but that's not what I really want to say what i want to say is that the people giving this bad reviews just because 'the graphics are dull' or 'it only runs at 20 fps' are ( not going to name any one because im just warning you about these people) not looking at the game but are looking for stuff to hate about it just so they canOK so i love this game but and the controls are a bit weird but that's not what I really want to say what i want to say is that the people giving this bad reviews just because 'the graphics are dull' or 'it only runs at 20 fps' are ( not going to name any one because im just warning you about these people) not looking at the game but are looking for stuff to hate about it just so they can go say cod is better or be a gaming hipster i know this is a bit of topic but let me just say people who review something that they find boring but give it a zero with nothing but cheap excuses are just as bad as the water temple. all joke aside i like the games idea of making you have to fight one on one with monsters and how the bosses each have there own mechanics. Expand
  58. Feb 26, 2016
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is by far my all-time favourite game, It brings together the classic Zelda formula with a surprisingly expansive world to explore. This game was and still is an instant classic and there is no experience that matches it.
  59. Feb 23, 2016
    El mejor juego de la historia, extenso, grandes gráficas para su generación, demasiado extenso y muy re-jugable, con muchas misiones secundarias, una banda sonora hermosa, temas memorables y con una gran personalidad, es un juego que te marca, que te involucra, en el cual no puedes ser indiferente ante muchos detalles, de igual forma la distribución del control excelente, un HITO en laEl mejor juego de la historia, extenso, grandes gráficas para su generación, demasiado extenso y muy re-jugable, con muchas misiones secundarias, una banda sonora hermosa, temas memorables y con una gran personalidad, es un juego que te marca, que te involucra, en el cual no puedes ser indiferente ante muchos detalles, de igual forma la distribución del control excelente, un HITO en la historia de los videojuegos. Expand
  60. Feb 19, 2016
    amei esse jogo, ele tem uma ótima história, um grande senário pra explorar que por sinal é muito bem feito, ótima trilha sonora, ótima jogabilidade. simplesmente o melhor jogo da 5 geração.
  61. Feb 9, 2016
    One of the best games for its time and for the Nintendo 64. If you missed this, how could you miss a game worth getting once in a lifetime? Not to worry, I bet there's still copies for this game and a Nintendo 64 somewhere in a store near you.
  62. Feb 5, 2016
    Greatest game ever made as a part of the greatest series ever made in terms of quality. j j
  63. Feb 2, 2016
    This game is literally perfect. No game can surpass the pure substance and nostalgia that this game provides, even if you've never played it. The game literally uses nostalgia in the story... When seven years pass unexpectedly, the differences you find in the world make you realize how much you have grown to love the story and all of the characters, places, and details that make this gameThis game is literally perfect. No game can surpass the pure substance and nostalgia that this game provides, even if you've never played it. The game literally uses nostalgia in the story... When seven years pass unexpectedly, the differences you find in the world make you realize how much you have grown to love the story and all of the characters, places, and details that make this game so amazing. The soundtracks and effects, the movement dynamic (which wasn't perfect at the time, but still adds to the game), the characters, the story, everything. Trust me, you NEED TO PLAY THIS. This will always be my favorite game, no matter how amazing any new game might be. Legendary. Expand
  64. Feb 1, 2016
    Its been nearly 18 years since this game came out and nothing has beaten this masterpiece only thing that comes close in my opinion is shadow of colossus
  65. Jan 21, 2016
    I've got two words. Simple and Brilliant. Is there anything other to say? I want to say more but i can't. If you don't played this game yet shame on you! Play it! Seriously,go and buy it!
  66. Jan 14, 2016
    Meh, Undertale was better, plus i never grew up with nintendo so i dunno what's with all the love for this game, honestly, undertale should take the cake for best f-ing game on metacritic.
  67. Jan 6, 2016
    Muy posiblemente el mejor juego de todos los tiempos y con méritos propios mas que un videojuego es una obra de arte y junto con super mario 64, ocarina of time es el padre de los videojuegos modernos
  68. Dec 27, 2015
    Best video game ever as far as I am concerned and I do not think any other game will take this spot in my heart. I was lucky to be a child at the time I played it, which helps to embrace the magic of this game. Graphics were awesome for the time, first episode in 3D for this legendary franchise and it was a pure success. The game was smooth, beautiful, unforgettable melodies, great bossesBest video game ever as far as I am concerned and I do not think any other game will take this spot in my heart. I was lucky to be a child at the time I played it, which helps to embrace the magic of this game. Graphics were awesome for the time, first episode in 3D for this legendary franchise and it was a pure success. The game was smooth, beautiful, unforgettable melodies, great bosses and dungeons, great gameplay. Accessories were so cool, loved the Ocarina and the horse, characters... Expand
  69. Dec 24, 2015
    First - All those 183 negative Reviews can be completely ignored. They are made by people who hate the game because they hate Zelda or arent made for the Genre at all. The Game is NOT! reviewed by any objective means. Just overread them. Most of those people are probably in puberty.

Now to the game: Zelda - Ocarina of Time is a Masterpiece. Released in 1998 (1 Year earlier than

Now to the game:

Zelda - Ocarina of Time is a Masterpiece. Released in 1998 (1 Year earlier than Castlevania 64, which has awful graphics, controls and gameplay, but is comparable) it was the 2. Nintendo 64 Game with really good Controls. It was also, after Mario 64 , the first Action Adventure worth playing on Nintendo 64.

The Game is packed full with secrets, collectables and content. You were introduced to Epona, a now iconic Horse in the Zelda Universe and could also ride it - In a fun and entertaining way.

The characters, for the time, were scary or hilarious, entertaining or evil. You could tell pretty fast what kind of NPC you are facing, which was a challenge due the lack of high resolution textures.

Link, the main character, was sympathic and easy to love.

The graphics, for it times, were amazing. You felt like LIVING in Hyrule and everything you did wasnt just Link, it was you.

The amount of dungeons was impressive. So much content for a N64 Game wasnt something you could just expect. Even compared to AAA Titles today, the Game still stands out as high class.

To be fair, the 3D Remake for the 3DS wasnt necessary. But it gave people today the chance to play this Masterpiece, so it is absolutely fine.

Sure, for me, this title offers also nostalgic feelings and memories of months of entertainment. But isnt that also something the game achieved? Entertain me in 98 and made me fall in love?

The Game is dated. It is, absolutely. If you want to play it, buy the 3DS Version and enjoy a great Adventure while you are in the train, bus or at home on the couch.
  70. Dec 23, 2015
    I am gonna be honest. i thought this game was TERRIBLE. I remember when i first bought it i was like hey look the zelda game people were so wow about. MOM GET ME THIS. she got me it then. the cutscene was ok but i took me a hour to get 30 rupees for a shield. i went to the tree and i tried to set the thing on fire but it was litterally impossible. it also has a game breaking glitch whereI am gonna be honest. i thought this game was TERRIBLE. I remember when i first bought it i was like hey look the zelda game people were so wow about. MOM GET ME THIS. she got me it then. the cutscene was ok but i took me a hour to get 30 rupees for a shield. i went to the tree and i tried to set the thing on fire but it was litterally impossible. it also has a game breaking glitch where you could finish the game in 10 mins. anyway i did play through it some more. i liked some of the stuff but i just rage quitted at the water temple. i betcha this game hadnt got a water temple it would have got 100% people saying "Best Game EVER" and stuff like that. now te super mario 64 was revolutionary and one of the best games ever made for it. so was goldeneye. but i still cant forgive nintendo for the disaster of this game. rather play ride to hell retribution Expand
  71. Dec 16, 2015
    Is this game overrated? Yes, very much so. It isn't the best game ever made. But it is still a better game than most.

Let's cover the good stuff first. As far as immersive and enjoyable game worlds go, Ocarina of Time is damn good. It has been the influence for every open-world game since. The story, while fairly cliche when taken as a whole, is actually quite enjoyable. This incarnation of Hyrule is iconic, with the locations and music of this land engraved into the minds of anyone who has played this game. Speaking of the music, there is not a single tune from this game that isn't recognizable. The gameplay is standard Zelda fare, although a new (for the time) Z-Targeting mechanic makes the game more combat-oriented than it's predecessors.

And this is when we take a look at OoT's two fundamental flaws.

The first carries on from than combat-oriented comment. The gameplay is combat-oriented, but the world isn't. It's still a puzzle game, although a very simple one. The combat feels incredibly disconnected from the rest of the game. You are rarely, if ever, required to be aware of your surroundings during a fight. There is a much bigger flaw however: a new dimension has been added and pixels have been swapped for polygons but the design hasn't budged an inch. You still push blocks. You still throw bombs. You still fight bats. Only now, it's in three spectacular dimensions. But there many cases where things that worked in A Link to the Past don't work in Ocarina of Time. Bats used to be fun, easy enemies, now they are a pain in the arse. Bombs still have a throw arc, meaning that you really have no idea where they will land. The "throwing the bomb down a few floors to activate a switch" challenge returns and, put simply, doesn't work, due in no small part to the fact that you cannot see where you supposed to be throwing the thing.

Frankly, if you love this game, what I have said won't matter. If you hate this game, you'll wonder why I have given this game such a high score after basically pointing out two major flaws. I still like this game. It's not perfect, but hey, what game is?
  72. Dec 14, 2015
    Simply the best of the best
    Simplemente lo mejor de lo mejor
    Simplesmente o melhor dos melhores 최고의 단순히 최고 Просто лучший из лучших Einfach das Beste vom Besten Simpliciter optima optimis Απλά το καλύτερο από τα καλύτερα 簡直是最好的最好的 Jednoduše nejlepší z nejlepších 最高の簡単で最良の Tout simplement le meilleur du meilleur
    Simply the best of the best
    Simplemente lo mejor de lo mejor
    Simplesmente o melhor dos melhores
    최고의 단순히 최고
    Просто лучший из лучших
    Einfach das Beste vom Besten
    Simpliciter optima optimis
    Απλά το καλύτερο από τα καλύτερα
    簡直是最好的最好的
    Jednoduše nejlepší z nejlepších
    最高の簡単で最良の
    Tout simplement le meilleur du meilleur
  73. Dec 8, 2015
    This is often called the best game ever made, and believe me that is no hyperbole. Though it is not my favorite game, I shall admit it is the best game of all time, for its time. It had so many revolutionary ideas under its belt, not to mention that anything that was not new or revolutionary was polished to the point that it couldn't be called anything other than flawless for its time. OneThis is often called the best game ever made, and believe me that is no hyperbole. Though it is not my favorite game, I shall admit it is the best game of all time, for its time. It had so many revolutionary ideas under its belt, not to mention that anything that was not new or revolutionary was polished to the point that it couldn't be called anything other than flawless for its time. One of the only titles to warrant not the simple title of a game, but an art that tried to be more than just fun and evolved into a life experience. Expand
  74. Nov 25, 2015
    The MASTER PIECE by exelence, this title is an after and before in the videogame history. No game has ever even get close to Ocarina, and now i think it will never be supered.
  75. Nov 19, 2015
    Incredibly ahead of it's time The legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, set's the standard that all games should follow, it nails every aspect of a great game Narrative,Music, Gameplay etc. I've never felt as entranced with a game before. I only wish i could experience it for the first time again, if you haven't played this game, you are missing on the game that proves that video games are andIncredibly ahead of it's time The legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, set's the standard that all games should follow, it nails every aspect of a great game Narrative,Music, Gameplay etc. I've never felt as entranced with a game before. I only wish i could experience it for the first time again, if you haven't played this game, you are missing on the game that proves that video games are and can be a form of art. Expand
  76. Nov 15, 2015
    Only when I played this game, I understood this is a game - a legend of the game industry. Nintendo been able to do a legend. It's a pity, what not 100 out of 100.
  77. Nov 13, 2015
    I only gonma say: Perfect game a master piece of the n64 era this is my favorite rpg of all times. I dont know whats wrong with those 174 negative critics maybe this game was too hard for them lol really this deserve even more than a 10
  78. Nov 8, 2015
    I won't try to add anything new here. Everyone else has done it perfectly, and I feel I should address some stuff to new comers. And that is, BUY THE 3D REMAKE. The Frame Rate (Here is a difference between 20, 30, and 60 Frames Per Second https://youtu.be/9h0HNAS6C_k) is much better, running at an average 35FPS instead of the horrid 20FPS, or less, on the N64. In addition, it adds betterI won't try to add anything new here. Everyone else has done it perfectly, and I feel I should address some stuff to new comers. And that is, BUY THE 3D REMAKE. The Frame Rate (Here is a difference between 20, 30, and 60 Frames Per Second https://youtu.be/9h0HNAS6C_k) is much better, running at an average 35FPS instead of the horrid 20FPS, or less, on the N64. In addition, it adds better controls (In my opinion), better graphics (Some of the stuff looks terrible and hasn't aged well), portability, 3D, Master Quest, and so many more advantages. As for N64: A master piece that has aged badly, with a very much superior port. Expand
  79. Nov 6, 2015
    O jogo inovou sua época, se tornou referência para os subsequentes. A jogabilidade, com aqueles quebra-cabeças únicos e enredo envolvente, nunca serão batidos. Best game ever!
  80. Nov 5, 2015
    Este Juego para mi es una puñetera obra maestra del sector del entretenimiento ,Graficos espectaculares en la epoca,Enemigos increibles ,es una pasada
  81. Nov 3, 2015
    One of the greatest, if not the greatest video game of all time. It plays better than most modern games nowadays. Take note from this, game designers.
  82. Oct 31, 2015
    Best N64 game and BEST GAME EVER MADE!!! MUST. BUY.!!! For a reason this is the top rated game in Metacritic history, still no game has tied with it or surpassed it.
  83. Oct 23, 2015
    Not my favorite zelda game, but its... ok, you got me, its the greatest game of all time.

Revolutionary, Epic, Well-written and Beautiful are just a few words words to describe this perfect game.
  84. Oct 23, 2015
    I can't stress this enough; this game is one of very few I can say "Wow, this is absolutely phenomenal" to. It's deserved, too; this is not only the grandfather of modern Zelda games, but arguably better than even newer ones, which is extraordinary.
  85. Oct 23, 2015
    What is there to say, anyone that has played this game it's just going to be a prettier version of the best game ever. To anyone playing this for the first time, I am truly jealous. It's not nostalgia that makes this game great, it is the game it self. It stands the test of time and even beats some current games. Easily my favorite game of all time.
  86. Oct 18, 2015
    This game is not as special as people say it is. Graphics, even if kinda basic, have aged decently, but the story is heavily borrowed from A Link To The Past and the gameplay is as vanilla as a 3D Zelda game gets. The dungeons are also not either as interesting as other Zelda games, but some of the puzzles are well designed. I think you can skip this one.
  87. Oct 17, 2015
    So I never played a Zelda game until this one, and when I wan't even half way trough the game, it became my favorite of all time. This review is not a nostalgia because I beat the game about a month ago and it was brilliant. Get it on the virtual console if you can.
  88. Oct 15, 2015
    Ocarina of Time a good game, but since everyone has a pair of nostalgia glasses on and looks at it now as a "perfect" game. A perfect game, as I would classify it, would have no glitches or problems with graphics, which this game doesn't have. Story is probably the best part of this. Gameplay wise, however, this game is sort of bad at. Z-targeting is such a mess, and enemies wait too longOcarina of Time a good game, but since everyone has a pair of nostalgia glasses on and looks at it now as a "perfect" game. A perfect game, as I would classify it, would have no glitches or problems with graphics, which this game doesn't have. Story is probably the best part of this. Gameplay wise, however, this game is sort of bad at. Z-targeting is such a mess, and enemies wait too long to be attacked. If you want a real review, watch Egoraptor's video on Youtube comparing it to Link to the Past. Expand
  89. Oct 12, 2015
    This is quite honestly the best game I have ever played in my entire life. Many will say this game is overrated but it is not it gets the recognition it deserves.
  90. Oct 5, 2015
    Best game all time!!!
    (PT-BR) Sem dúvida alguma um dos melhores jogos de todos os tempos, uma verdadeira obra-prima. revolucionário, muito da jogabilidade que temos hoje em dia foram criadas em Ocarina Of Time!
  91. Oct 5, 2015
    Jogo muito bom e alucinante,as músicas,gameplay e jogatina espetaculares,tudo em uma perfeita sicronia na história.Revolucionario até hoje em dia...
  92. Oct 3, 2015
    My favourite game of all time, music, enviroment, all is **** perfect. Ojalá llegara al 10.0,is a pretty good game. Zelda franquise is the best in the world.
  93. Sep 28, 2015
    O game é simplesmente perfeito para a sua época, tudo desse jogo é PERFEITO! Existem pessoas sem bom senso que estão avaliando ele com conceitos da atualidade, opiniões que não podem ser levadas em consideração.

The game is just perfect for its time, all of the game is PERFECT! There are people with no common sense who are evaluating it with concepts of today, that opinions can not be taken into account.
  94. Sep 24, 2015
    Definitely this is the best game ever created, nice graphics for 1998, legit story, gameplay and songs. This is the only game near the perfection no one going to make a game better than this.
  95. Sep 16, 2015
    Not even all the compliments on earth will ever begin to describe this masterpiece. The most important milestone on gaming history, this game teached every game afterwards how a plot and OST should be written, how gameplay should be, how characters development should become, etc.
    This game sets the foundation for every RPG and it's mechanics were updated and used in many many games such as the "The Z-targeting" camera feature.
    The fact most newcomers to the gaming world hate this masterpiece just adds to it's legendary status.
    The best Game ever created forever.
  96. Sep 8, 2015
    quite simply perfection, love the story the graphics the game play every gamer needs to play this game it is as simple as that everything in the story culminates in such an incredible ending this game is just gold I cherish it as I know you will too.
  97. Sep 2, 2015
    this is hands down one of the best zelda games ever made. great story with amazing plot with great charcter design. if you have an n64 play this game right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  98. Aug 28, 2015
    Is the best game in my childhood and still remains a great game and a great up to this point, I feel cool that this game be the first in the sequence of Metacritic, bravo to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Childhood memories will always superb here.
  99. Aug 22, 2015
    As many others i played this game as a child and loved it, i later went back to it and oh my..

If you actually play this critically nowadays this game is dead set in mediocrity. The combat is stale and centered around waiting for you enemies. The World is vast and empty. And the puzzles are centered around utilizing 3d space(because it was new) and NOTHING else! Worst of all the

The combat is stale and centered around waiting for you enemies.
    The World is vast and empty.
    Worst of all the whole world is centered around 3d objects set in a 2d recipe and it does not match! Enemies will at time appear on top of you or behind you and the camera is no use at those points it's only good for targeting.

Now i wouldn't go as far as to say that this game is bad but to me time has revealed a badly aged and poorly designed "classic"
  100. Aug 22, 2015
    O JOGO É QUASE PERFEITO. PARA ÉPOCA ELE TEM GRÁFICOS LINDO. OS SONS SÃO MUITO MELHORES QUE QUALQUER JOGO DE 1998. SUA JOGABILIDADE E DE SE INVEJAR. O NÍVEL DE DIVERSÃO NEM SE FALA.
  101. Jun 12, 2011
    Everything in OoT is so near at perfection, its really no wonder that this game has such a huge fanbase and is so highly rated among players and critics.

#1 Most Discussed N64 Game of 1998
#1 Most Shared N64 Game of 1998

1. Mar 24, 2016
    The player will be drawn into the Zelda fantasy world from the moment the opening sequence bursts onto the screen, and the game won't let go-not even after finishing the quest.
  2. Happy Puppy
    Mar 24, 2016
    Realism is one of the major reasons this title is so amazing. After playing for a while it feels as though you have actually been to Hyrule.
  3. Mar 24, 2016
    Featuring unparalleled 3D environments, a deep and involved quest, brilliant and intuitive play controls, and a well-developed cinematic quality that enhances rather than overwhelms the whole game experience, Miyamoto's latest soon-to-be-classic title deserves to be played by each and every person who might deign to consider themselves a fan of great games.