Yoshi's Story Nintendo 64

7.4

1. DSKTrunks
    Nov 25, 2003
    Possibly the worst title I've ever played. It's so horrible, that I insist you people read my comments, and realize that this game is a pile of horse droppings. Not even a 99 cent rental could save this title. Four stages, very linear, cheesy sound effects and so much sappy stuff to make any grown man feel like vomitting. I expected more from the sequal to Yoshi's Island, Possibly the worst title I've ever played. It's so horrible, that I insist you people read my comments, and realize that this game is a pile of horse droppings. Not even a 99 cent rental could save this title. Four stages, very linear, cheesy sound effects and so much sappy stuff to make any grown man feel like vomitting. I expected more from the sequal to Yoshi's Island, but was severly disappointed. I implore you people to stay away from this title at all costs. Expand
  2. DanC.
    Aug 15, 2003
    This game sucked.
  3. KamuraY.
    Jun 15, 2007
    Yoshi is my favorite Nintendo person, and that's why this game isn't a ZERO. This is game is so childish, it's unbelievable. 6 pages of 4-year-old happiness. Smiley hearts and singing Yoshis. Yoshi's Story: Disgusting.
  4. Jun 10, 2012
    Yoshi's Story is an amazing game, it is sweet and short, fans of all ages both Mario and video game fans will surely enjoy this cute and classic game. The game's amazing soundtrack, beautiful original visuals and great gameplay will capture your interest in playing this game for many years to come.
  5. GeorgeR.
    Apr 1, 2004
    I really like this game!!!! the sounds are alright , but the music is cool, it even has a heavy metal music I could play this game forever!!!
  6. KasperC.
    Feb 4, 2005
    I just love this game. It's a good classic Yoshi game, and I think Yoshi is soooo cute. I just love it. Super gameplay and nice sound! Thumbs up!
  7. JasonK.
    Jan 4, 2007
    Yoshi's Story is so cool, and the levels are great! From page 1 through 6, it is a nice story with a happy end.
  8. ElondaR.
    May 29, 2007
    I've played this geme ever since i was 9 years old. now im 14 and i still play it.(or i would hwenever my friends weren't over at my house) its so fun and i love playing it. the music is so cool. i also like the cute sounds that the yoshis and shyguys make. i think everything about thid game is adorable, but its definately not anywhere near as fun as Yoshi's Island (one or I've played this geme ever since i was 9 years old. now im 14 and i still play it.(or i would hwenever my friends weren't over at my house) its so fun and i love playing it. the music is so cool. i also like the cute sounds that the yoshis and shyguys make. i think everything about thid game is adorable, but its definately not anywhere near as fun as Yoshi's Island (one or two) I Love Yoshi! Expand
  9. MatthewB.
    Aug 8, 2007
    Simple, unadulterated platforming goodness the likes of which only Nintendo seems to produce. And Kamura Y. if you were really a Yoshi fan, you wouldn't be calling this game childish. Apparently you missed the point.
  10. JohnB.
    Jan 21, 2004
    I need to reiterate something that I've noticed about some of the gamers of the new generation: they are just a shallow bunch of people. Right when they see something they considered "kiddy" it is automatically not good enough for them. The gameplay, the flow of the game, the depth...it was all excellent. When the first mario games came out, I didn't see anybody complain about I need to reiterate something that I've noticed about some of the gamers of the new generation: they are just a shallow bunch of people. Right when they see something they considered "kiddy" it is automatically not good enough for them. The gameplay, the flow of the game, the depth...it was all excellent. When the first mario games came out, I didn't see anybody complain about the "crappy graphics" or "cheesy sound effects", but they only cared about the game itself. For me, anything that's engaging enough to induce some sort of fun it fine enough for me. Collapse
  11. BraidsUG
    Dec 7, 2004
    Yoshi's story rox~!!!!!!
  12. Aurochan
    Mar 21, 2004
    I love this game! The title music it's very funny and the game it's fantastic!!!
  13. RobY.
    Aug 31, 2005
    This here is the best durn game of the yur. I dun love Yoshishi.
  14. KellyK.
    Mar 31, 2007
    Next to Mariokart this game is my FAVE!!! This is a good game for girls.
  15. KyleF.
    Jan 26, 2008
    This game is a lot of fun, maybe not hard but it's really a lot of fun! Yoshi is awesome!
  16. Jul 26, 2011
    Nice plat forming, solid. While it has some cool concepts it isn't the greatest classic tittle for the 64 compared to big successful games like Super Mario and Zelda, But at least manages to be fun.
  17. Dec 6, 2016
    I was bored so I bought this at long last - on Wii U Virtual Console. I've been a fan of Yoshi's Island since I got it on SNES when it came out, and still play it occasionally. I also have enjoyed Yoshi's Island's sequels on DS and 3DS, and quite liked Yoshi's Woolly World.

This however... this is a bit rubbish. The graphics are awful, completely lacking any of the charm that has made the rest of the series so charming. The Yoshi's sing, and it sounds like a cross between LocoRoco and the Lums from Rayman. It is unbelievably grating.

Levels are linear and dull, with illusions of multiple paths. The design is based around Yoshi's Island, but again lacks the charm, and the finesse of design. Fruits around the levels are collected from where they lay, or found in bubbles or dropped by enemies. Collecting enough pieces of fruit ends the level. That's it.

So so so boring, ugly, and irritating to hear. A shame, because Yoshi has starred in some excellent platformers.
  18. Dec 12, 2012
    I really did like Yoshi's Island, but even at 14 this game was just too childish and the music was seriously stuff you'd hear in a nursery. I will admit though for a much younger Yoshi fan this game actually is somewhat fun to play, but I got terribly annoyed with most of the levels
  19. Feb 21, 2013
    An often over-looked title on the Nintendo 64, Yoshi's Story would be the last 2D-platformer (sort of) to be made by Nintendo for a long time. It resembles Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island in many ways, with the big-snouted dinosaurs serving as the game's protagonists. Being a 2D-platformer in a console generation with 3D in mind, this game tries to make up for the missing dimension byAn often over-looked title on the Nintendo 64, Yoshi's Story would be the last 2D-platformer (sort of) to be made by Nintendo for a long time. It resembles Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island in many ways, with the big-snouted dinosaurs serving as the game's protagonists. Being a 2D-platformer in a console generation with 3D in mind, this game tries to make up for the missing dimension by having some of the levels resemble a Metroid-ish maze, but it rarely works out all that well. Rather than having a flagpole, a bar or anything like that to finish the level, in Yoshi's Story you have to collect fruit in order to advance through the game. At first this seems like a fresh breath of air, but frantically searching through the entire level in hopes of finding the last watermelon or banana gets old really fast. That said, the game's graphics are absolutely adorable and so is the music. The contemporary Super Mario 64 is a much stronger pick, and so are the two Super Mario World titles, but Yoshi's Story has a certain nostalgic value attached to it, nonetheless. Expand
  20. Dec 24, 2014
    This game sucks. The music is a **** and the gameplay is awful. The greaphics aren't so bad but they aren't good. Everything that makes Yoshi's Island a good, this game makes bad
  21. May 26, 2016
    Yoshi's Story may look cute and pretty to look at, but there isn't enough worlds for us to counter. 24 levels in 6 worlds isn't enough. It just needs two more worlds to complete it.
  22. Jul 22, 2016
    This is a game that doesn't care if it doesn't have 100% 64 bit graphics it cares if it is good and it is. Well the game is a bit boring everything else is gold.
  23. Aug 11, 2017
    This game is one of the best games that I've played. It haves incredible soundtrack, good level design, creative ideas... This game is beautiful and it is the most fun game that I ever played after Super Smash Bros. The game looks short, but the levels are focused on exploration; if you just rush the levels 'til the finish it will look short. The only problem is that the bosses are veryThis game is one of the best games that I've played. It haves incredible soundtrack, good level design, creative ideas... This game is beautiful and it is the most fun game that I ever played after Super Smash Bros. The game looks short, but the levels are focused on exploration; if you just rush the levels 'til the finish it will look short. The only problem is that the bosses are very easy, but that's okay. Expand

#3 Most Discussed N64 Game of 1998
#5 Most Shared N64 Game of 1998

1. Not everyone is going to like Yoshi's Story. I do. It's Yoshi. It's easy, but it's fun.
  2. Mischief Makers dropped some hints about what the N64 can do in 2-D, but Yoshi's Story pushes the boat out so far it''s run ashore on the other side ... but once you've got past the initial sense of ''ahh, isn''t that sweet'' it doesn''t take long before all that sugar rots your teeth and sets your stomach a-churning.
  3. Where most titles stress the importance in challenge in completing a level, Yoshi's Story emphasizes challenge in exploration--something rarely done in two-dimensional games. While Yoshi's Story isn't Yoshi's Island II, it is another shining example of simple, unadulterated entertainment in gaming.