7.2

1. Oct 20, 2013
    140 is a really enjoyable platforming experience. it is very much rythm based, and i like that a lot. most obstacles are not too hard, except for the last one, which i needed quite some tries for. the visual style is very basic, yet awesome in its own way. the music fits in very well (the gameplay is based on the music, in fact). overall a really nice experience. maybe a little short (took me 60 minutes), but hey it's a really cheap game. so don't complain. ;)

2. Nov 17, 2013
    This game isn't what you call easy, but its still an indie gamer's dream. Its short, its simple, and it puts you in a different world. I disconnected from everything around me, and it felt great. There was no story line or tutorial to get in the way, it was bliss. Play it!
  3. Oct 27, 2013
    Surprisingly good game.. I normally avoid 'retro' games most are not retro and are just poor imitations of past glories.. but pleased I purchased this on impulse. Its simple gfx style don't detract from this platform game. The Music and beats make this game very interesting indeed.
  4. Jan 3, 2014
    If you are a lover of music and platformers, you need to take a look at 140. Most people don't like this game because of how short it is, but it put it this way: If somebody hears a song, and they love it, then naturally they want to hear it again. Once they're tired of the song, they take a break, then later they just might want to hear it yet again. 140 is a game that revolves around sound. It's like a song that you listen to that goes at your pace, and if it gets stuck in you head, then you (naturally) want to hear it again, so you decide to replay a level. If this goes on long enough, the game won't be short at all, it will actually last for as long as you want it too. I really enjoy this game, and the price seems just fine for me. I hope you like it too. Expand
  5. Jun 2, 2014
    140 is a minimalist (and I really mean minimalist!) platformer very much in the same mould as Thomas Was Alone. Each of the 3 stages requires the player to collect small round 'keys' which are used to gradually open up more of the level. What differentiates 140 from other similar titles however is its use of audio with players having to respond to the background music that builds throughout each stage, rather than just visual clues, in order to time movement and jumps correctly and avoid a multitude of obstacles and deadly falls. At the end of each stage the game mixes things up a little with, what could loosely be described as, boss battles that see the player having to avoid or shoot incoming projectiles.

140 is not a long game and, if you ignore the mirror mode, a decent player will likely be able to complete the main game in about an hour. Its retro visual style, sharp controls, and unique use of audio in particularly, do however make for a thoroughly enjoyable experience. Last time I checked it was available for around £5 so it is well worth picking up.
  6. Jul 4, 2014
    140 is a minimalistic and abstract platformer rhythm game. There are no lives, menus, tutorials or hand-holding: it's you and the game. The levels are composed of platforms and blocks with different properties that respond to the "periodic nature" of the music/rhythm, comprising of minimal dubstep with a subtle hint of chiptunes. (At places, it reminded me of Krafwerk). Besides watching, listening to the music/rhythm, feeling it, is essential to figure out how the obstacles work, enabling you progress. This discovery involves some trial and error, but there are frequent seamless checkpoints that almost immediately respawn you when you fail. As you progress along each level the music and rhythm patterns become more complex, making for more complex obstacle sequences, which creates a sense of momentum and exhilaration as you move along. At the end of each of the 3 groups of levels, there is a "boss", which is challenging but spectacular.

The overall design of this game is nothing short of brilliant: the music and visuals/blocks are synergistically woven together; the platforming elements and obstacles nail the sweet spot between recognizability and making you pause a moment to observe and think; the flow and pacing are perfect and the aesthetic, both in visuals and music is the definition of minimal beauty.
    Because "dying" hurts the flow of the music, I felt the game instilling me a desire to play without errors on further playthroughs, and mastering this game and being able to finish it in one go would be a truly special achievement. You could try just that: after finishing the game you unlock a special mode where you can start from the beginning with the levels horizontally reversed and, if you die, you start from the beginning...

140 managed to provide me one of the most immersive and memorable experiences I ever had in gaming. There are only two things keeping me from giving it a perfect score. Firstly, the game is somewhat short (it took me about 1h to complete? in one sitting) and left me wanting more. Secondly, the final "boss" is quite difficult and I suspect will frustrate some people because it involves not only realising the pattern but also using very fast eye-hand reactions.

However, there is something very special about this game, so minimal and yet so complete.
  7. Jan 29, 2014
    Not a bad game. Gameplay takes under 1 hour though. It's easy or hard whether you pay attention to the rhythm or not. This concept could''ve been exploited into a bigger game in my opinion, but I am fairly happy with it as it is.
  8. Nov 9, 2013
    This game is okay. Deferent and stunning design, with a beat that fits the game, but all in all not a very good game thats is to short. You can finish it in about 20-30 minutes.
  9. Oct 26, 2013
    This game is a good experience. It is very short,but very hard.
    The most interesting thing is that the rules are coming and disappear .
    I personally liked this game because you can use the music,and the music it's not for background,because you use it to help you out.
    The hardest thing I've seen in this game is that the orbs are moving and these are really hard to catch,but still,a good game.
  10. Jul 6, 2014
    Innovative little amazing game. The music is amazing, matches every step of the game.
    The experience you get with this game is immersive and very satisfying.
    Try it... Now!

1. Nov 5, 2013
    With its beat, pounding in the head and on the skin, 140 proves once again what the indie scene is about. Jeppe Carlsen creates a wonderful experience and delivers what is more than a game: a love declaration to music and genius.
  2. Oct 23, 2013
    Though the brutal rise in difficulty near the end mars the adventure, it doesn't ruin the overall mood, and the cover charge is more than reasonable for this particular night at the club. Grab a colorful cocktail and head to the dance floor!
  3. Oct 23, 2013
    140 is the scientific definition of a platformer. It is cold, brutal, elegant and beautiful in a mathematic way.