7.3

1. Oct 3, 2013
    How to make it better make multiple saves available, have enemies treated the same way they treat you, always ask player whenever the opportunity arises it's really annoying to see children popping out automatically without any control whatsoever, more caste levels and technologies/inventions.
  2. Jun 11, 2013
    Quite an original game, I played the demo and have put in about 6 hours upon buying. I feel quite ripped off though. The demo seems to contain most of the mechanics, and doesn't really become more interesting than that. The gamespot review is quite accurate in that it is fun, and engages you, but only for the sake of one more turn, one more turn. You have no connection to the familyQuite an original game, I played the demo and have put in about 6 hours upon buying. I feel quite ripped off though. The demo seems to contain most of the mechanics, and doesn't really become more interesting than that. The gamespot review is quite accurate in that it is fun, and engages you, but only for the sake of one more turn, one more turn. You have no connection to the family you raise. Massively because the writing of the events is completely abysmal. I would suspect the writers aren't first language English users, beacuase when reading even the important choice events, I have to reread and even then they are very basic. Learning to play is a lot of fun, then after 4 hours of playing a glorified boardgame on your own for $15 you don't find it interesting.

Once you get to the ruler zone, which appears to be the only point in the game, it plays out very similarly, still not a game, you click one box and push a few sliders, that don't appear to have great effect.

In essence it looks intersting from the demo, but that all it is, an unfinished product which looks great from the outside but has very very little content....Buy king of dragon pass, or Gunpoint instead.
  3. Jan 3, 2014
    This kind of game is though to rate, because it fits completely in another box than 'regular' PC games.
    But having that said, this is also its strong point.
    The game plays as a slot machine, with some additional events that require a choice from you. Even though there is quite some planning involved with playing this game, I found it tricky to really get into the mechanics deep
    But having that said, this is also its strong point.

Even though there is quite some planning involved with playing this game, I found it tricky to really get into the mechanics deep enough. After about a hour I'd say I had a little bit enough of the game, although I probably haven't gone close to the 'fun' parts yet.

If it would have been set up in a more visually stunning game, away from the slot machines into full on point and click and from the ancient age to the modern age... then I would have probably eaten the whole game up in one go.

But it might just be me
  4. Sep 4, 2014
    This game is surprisingly addictive and fun. The object is to grow threw generations. I game this game a solid 6. Game play can become repetitive at times. Sound is not the best.
  5. Jun 10, 2014
    Extraño juego, pero interesante para investigarlo. Su mecánica y dinámica hace plantearse si llega a ser un videojuego o no pero quieres continuar usándolo.

1. Jun 26, 2013
    In retrospect, I like having this unique story to tell. However, I found little joy in actually playing it. Frustration, irritation, and boredom, sure. But little joy. I might have been better off playing the slots in my local, dilapidated amusement arcade. At least then there would have been a chance I could have won a few quid, and with my winnings, I could just have bought a book.
  2. Jun 20, 2013
    7 Grand Steps is a smart digital board game enriched with strategy elements and some surprises. A strange game, indeed, that brings us trough 7000 years of dynastical challenges.
  3. Jun 10, 2013
    With surprisingly intricate tactical gameplay hidden behind a charming interface and nonchalant storytelling, 7 Grand Steps is one of gaming's greatest metaphors for life. [July 2013, p.73]