7 Grand Steps PC

7.1

1. Oct 3, 2013
    How to make it better make multiple saves available, have enemies treated the same way they treat you, always ask player whenever the opportunity arises it's really annoying to see children popping out automatically without any control whatsoever, more caste levels and technologies/inventions.
  2. Jun 11, 2013
    Quite an original game, I played the demo and have put in about 6 hours upon buying. I feel quite ripped off though. The demo seems to contain most of the mechanics, and doesn't really become more interesting than that. The gamespot review is quite accurate in that it is fun, and engages you, but only for the sake of one more turn, one more turn. You have no connection to the familyQuite an original game, I played the demo and have put in about 6 hours upon buying. I feel quite ripped off though. The demo seems to contain most of the mechanics, and doesn't really become more interesting than that. The gamespot review is quite accurate in that it is fun, and engages you, but only for the sake of one more turn, one more turn. You have no connection to the family you raise. Massively because the writing of the events is completely abysmal. I would suspect the writers aren't first language English users, beacuase when reading even the important choice events, I have to reread and even then they are very basic. Learning to play is a lot of fun, then after 4 hours of playing a glorified boardgame on your own for $15 you don't find it interesting.

Once you get to the ruler zone, which appears to be the only point in the game, it plays out very similarly, still not a game, you click one box and push a few sliders, that don't appear to have great effect.

In essence it looks intersting from the demo, but that all it is, an unfinished product which looks great from the outside but has very very little content....Buy king of dragon pass, or Gunpoint instead.
  3. Jan 3, 2014
    This kind of game is though to rate, because it fits completely in another box than 'regular' PC games.
    But having that said, this is also its strong point.
    The game plays as a slot machine, with some additional events that require a choice from you. Even though there is quite some planning involved with playing this game, I found it tricky to really get into the mechanics deep
    But having that said, this is also its strong point.

Even though there is quite some planning involved with playing this game, I found it tricky to really get into the mechanics deep enough. After about a hour I'd say I had a little bit enough of the game, although I probably haven't gone close to the 'fun' parts yet.

If it would have been set up in a more visually stunning game, away from the slot machines into full on point and click and from the ancient age to the modern age... then I would have probably eaten the whole game up in one go.

But it might just be me
  4. Sep 4, 2014
    This game is surprisingly addictive and fun. The object is to grow threw generations. I game this game a solid 6. Game play can become repetitive at times. Sound is not the best.
  5. Jun 10, 2014
    Extraño juego, pero interesante para investigarlo. Su mecánica y dinámica hace plantearse si llega a ser un videojuego o no pero quieres continuar usándolo.
  6. Nov 9, 2015
    I have no idea what this is actually supposed to be. It's sort of a board game, sort of a strategy game, and sort of a roleplaying game and exists as something entirely its own thing.

Normally I'd call that a plus, but as you might have guessed by the gratuitously pretentious title, it's a game much more full of itself than it is actually well-designed. Playing as a family, you use tokens to move forward on a board that's constantly rotating towards a pit of crocodiles which represent failure to thrive. As you play, you might produce children, and one of those children moves on to be your next player character and start a new generation eventually. Choices you make, like neglecting one of your offspring, might affect you down the line.

Pretty cool in concept, but everything is just so slow and boring that it lost me. I remained curious and entranced despite the repetition for a while, wanting to know where this was all going, but eventually I realized just how much time I was wasting clicking on tokens again and again. Every actual in-game action is so far removed from the overall story it's trying to tell that it requires you to bring your own personal narrative to things just to make it interesting. Coupled with a really self-satisfied writing style and a way of trying to sound philosophical without saying much, and my goodwill quickly faded away entirely.

This was a bundle game for me, but I'm still not interested in playing any longer. That it sells for $20 normally is insane. Some people might find something of interest here in the unique concept - I do recommend giving it a try if it makes its way to your library via bundle - but everything it was trying to do just didn't work for me.

1. Jun 26, 2013
    In retrospect, I like having this unique story to tell. However, I found little joy in actually playing it. Frustration, irritation, and boredom, sure. But little joy. I might have been better off playing the slots in my local, dilapidated amusement arcade. At least then there would have been a chance I could have won a few quid, and with my winnings, I could just have bought a book.
  2. Jun 20, 2013
    7 Grand Steps is a smart digital board game enriched with strategy elements and some surprises. A strange game, indeed, that brings us trough 7000 years of dynastical challenges.
  3. Hyper Magazine
    Jun 10, 2013
    With surprisingly intricate tactical gameplay hidden behind a charming interface and nonchalant storytelling, 7 Grand Steps is one of gaming's greatest metaphors for life. [July 2013, p.73]