7.2

1. Nov 20, 2013
    Well it’s hard to set a genre for this game to be totally honest... I like to class it as an accuracy falling game! It’s an interesting title and for a while quite enjoyable, however for me it got too repetitive to fast! The difficulty levels vary between the many areas which I got around to testing, but I found the game offering nothing other than a short unique experience… I find it hardWell it’s hard to set a genre for this game to be totally honest... I like to class it as an accuracy falling game! It’s an interesting title and for a while quite enjoyable, however for me it got too repetitive to fast! The difficulty levels vary between the many areas which I got around to testing, but I found the game offering nothing other than a short unique experience… I find it hard to rate a game like this because it feels arcade-y, a little sporty, a hint of strategy and I don’t really know what it’s trying to be… But Dejobaan Games isn’t exactly known for unimaginative video games, so I do feel it’s worth a look, but unfortunately it just didn’t really impress me too much! Expand
  2. Oct 25, 2013
    This game is utterly retarded. Your money is better spent on just about anything else. I have no idea why people like this game I was utterly unimpressed. Definitely one of the most boring games I have ever picked up.
  3. Oct 6, 2013
    I've decided to give each of my over 600 steam games a try in alphabetical order, give them at least an hour and then at that point either leave the game or just continue playing. Then review them on metacritic..

So this is quite an enjoyable little race action game dressed as extreme sports. I can totally see how people could get addicted to it and keep going just to try and get the highest score. However, it didn't work that way for me, I suppose the setting didn't work as the whole, "grodie" californian accent and fake punk stuff doesn't sit well with me anyway, had this had a different feel I might not have started clock watching at the 30 minute mark.

All this said, it's quite enjoyable, the idea of earning, "teeth" to get later levels is a great idea, and I could see myself (had I not got so many games) diving in for a bit of fun occasionally.

Those who only gave it 10 minutes, give it more... once you get to the later stuff where you flip off your spectators and graffiti buildings it gets better mechanics.
  4. Dec 11, 2012
    It's like JSR mixed with skydiving. Gets repetitive because the whole game revolves around dodging blocks while free-falling with the occasional wall to spray paint or fan/critics to wave at. The only lasting appeal/replay value is trying to beat your friends leaderboard scores. Worth picking up in a bundle or on sale but definitely not worth the full price.
  5. Nov 24, 2012
    If you are really into Indie games, then you might find this one enjoyable; otherwise, you should probably just pass on this one. I picked it up in part because it was cheap during a steam holiday sale and in part because it had a pretty favorable metascore. I am not sure why the metascore is as high as it is, the game isn't particularly fun. The long and the short of it is you jump off aIf you are really into Indie games, then you might find this one enjoyable; otherwise, you should probably just pass on this one. I picked it up in part because it was cheap during a steam holiday sale and in part because it had a pretty favorable metascore. I am not sure why the metascore is as high as it is, the game isn't particularly fun. The long and the short of it is you jump off a building to show off how radical and rebellious you are. You get bonuses for spray painting buildings as you fall, giving either the thumbs up or the bird to observers, hitting or nearly hitting certain objects, but more generally you just try to avoid falling into buildings. The ultimate goal is to land safely, but you can't get a good score unless you wait to the last possible moment to open the parachute. The graphics and game play are both on the lower side of mediocre. I *think* the reason people have rated this highly is either because the score is manipulated by fake reviewers or else the praise is false and meant as flattery to encourage the developer(s) and the indie genre in general. The game is not completely without novelty, but the novelty wears off quickly and you are left with a sub-par game that you wish you hadn't wasted even a few dollars on. Expand
  6. Jan 10, 2012
    A mildly interesting premise and a deep Steam sale along with a sale objective convinced me to make the purchase. While I will admit part of my problem with the game is a lack of aptitude on my part, this really isn't a very good game. There have been a ton of games I got under similar circumstances and have been really happy with. There have been several games I didn't do well at inA mildly interesting premise and a deep Steam sale along with a sale objective convinced me to make the purchase. While I will admit part of my problem with the game is a lack of aptitude on my part, this really isn't a very good game. There have been a ton of games I got under similar circumstances and have been really happy with. There have been several games I didn't do well at in the beginning but they were engaging enough to keep me playing until I got better. This was neither. Dull gameplay, irritating sounds. Played it only to get the sale achievements and actually wish it could be completely removed from my Steam library. It is that bad! Expand
  7. Sep 30, 2011
    This game really is no good. It's boring, ugly, and has one of the worst soundtracks ever. The level design is frustrating and the gameplay mechanics are just plain stupid, give this one a miss.
  8. Aug 24, 2011
    I was honestly just happy to run out of points so I couldn't buy any more cubes. At that point I decided that it wasn't worth it to go back and try to get better scores on the previous cubes. Just one more game that was trying to get knocked of my steam list.
  9. Jul 14, 2011
    A fun game to play...for a while. 5-7 hours would be about how much the average user would get out of a game like this. Unfortunately after just a few levels you realize how little amount of difference there are between the objects in the levels, the only way you can tell the difference between levels is the sky box, which is amazing, the music ties into the game well too, but these fewA fun game to play...for a while. 5-7 hours would be about how much the average user would get out of a game like this. Unfortunately after just a few levels you realize how little amount of difference there are between the objects in the levels, the only way you can tell the difference between levels is the sky box, which is amazing, the music ties into the game well too, but these few good spots only barely make up for the objects being almost exactly the same (10-20 different objects total) making for very boring level design, and the almost complete lack of story. Worth about 10 bucks nothing more. Expand
  10. Apr 20, 2011
    Truly a fun little game. I bought it as part of the Portal 2 ARG, hoping to get a few quick "potatoes" to help the ARG out, but I found myself coming back to it over and over again. The level designs are really cool, the music is great, the sense of humor and style are quirky and enjoyable, and the game itself is just simple, easy-to-grasp fun (though the game definitely is challengingTruly a fun little game. I bought it as part of the Portal 2 ARG, hoping to get a few quick "potatoes" to help the ARG out, but I found myself coming back to it over and over again. The level designs are really cool, the music is great, the sense of humor and style are quirky and enjoyable, and the game itself is just simple, easy-to-grasp fun (though the game definitely is challenging to master, haha). At first I found myself just blowing through it, but now I'm really coming back to complete levels and get the high scores to unlock the most I can. Overall it's a really neat concept, and I really enjoy having the competitive leaderboard with friends in Steam Community to add a bit to the replay value when my buddy has just figured out a way to beat my high score. My only gripes are: 1)I know it will run out of content very soon for me. I'm nearing the end of the levels I can unlock (and indirect competitive multiplayer is only so engaging...). 2) I would love to see gamepad support. I feel like using a wired 360 controller (with rumble) would be an awesome addition if added. 3) GRAPHICS SETTINGS, OH DEAR LORD GRAPHICS SETTINGS. I would kill to be able to change resolution and window the game when needed. All of Dejobaan's games have the same problem, and it is no less annoying here than it is in the others. |||||||| However, all gripes aside, it's cheap, and it's easy to play, and you can easily and quite enjoyably kill some time playing this title! Expand
  11. Mar 23, 2011
    This is a very good game... if you're looking to spend a short period of time gaming. You'll find yourself repeating later levels for 15 minutes or so before actually completing one before finding out you could've done better. Levels are purchased with the points you earn; and they are earned simply enough that you won't strain to get the next level. So other than the drive to best yourThis is a very good game... if you're looking to spend a short period of time gaming. You'll find yourself repeating later levels for 15 minutes or so before actually completing one before finding out you could've done better. Levels are purchased with the points you earn; and they are earned simply enough that you won't strain to get the next level. So other than the drive to best your score, there's little else giving the game replay value. Cost of entry is usually small, so it's worth picking up; but don't expect a game that is going to soak up your every free minute. Expand
  12. Dec 9, 2010
    I just bought this game for $2.50 on sale on Steam & I must say its an absolute Blast. Such a simple yet unique concept and its fantastic gun as a casual game. I like that you earn "teeth" to "buy/unlock" new levels to try and the game lets you pick which ones to unlock so you can pick the type of levels you find interesting.

1. Apart from food, clothing, bills, medical care, transportation, art supplies, or a donation to a cause of your choice, I can't think of a much better way to spend $15 this month.
  2. Aaaaa! is a must for any self-respecting armchair thrill-junkie and one of the best indie games of the year.
  3. For those who are seeking a simple, addictive arcade-game with some adrenaline rushes, self-mockery and originality, look no further than this game. Unless you hate the letter "A".