5.9

1. Feb 5, 2013
    Excelente juego, algunos movimientos de los aviones son totalmente irreales, y el control del helicóptero es horrible, pero de resto buen juego, buen rendimiento en PC
  2. Dec 14, 2013
    If you are willing to put aside gripes about not being set in the usual Ace Combat world and the total disregard for realism, this game can be a genuine enjoyment. My biggest gripe with the game is the fact that often, when you are chasing a high-ranking bad-guy, he will become unkillable until he leads you to a certain location, just so a cool killcam can occur. This bothered me because IIf you are willing to put aside gripes about not being set in the usual Ace Combat world and the total disregard for realism, this game can be a genuine enjoyment. My biggest gripe with the game is the fact that often, when you are chasing a high-ranking bad-guy, he will become unkillable until he leads you to a certain location, just so a cool killcam can occur. This bothered me because I feel it stifles your freedom as a pilot and negatively effects gameplay, just for the sake of showing off the visuals (which are fantastic btw). The controls take a little getting used to, especially if you've played past Ace Combat titles on the playstation, but should be no problem after a few hours of gameplay. Ace Combat Assault Horizon: Enhanced Edition: Fun, arcade mess with a disregard for realism, fan service, and gameplay. Expand
  3. Nov 14, 2014
    if you are a fan of the Ace Combat series, Assault horizon is a Different kind of beast. so,since now,i warn you. Aproach this one with caution.

well,it feels like ace combat,plays for the most part like ace combat, but it has one mechanic that Kills it,DFM and ASM. those sections,when Scripted are Terrible,and makes the fights with aces,Especially the one with a certain shark nosed Plane Pilot, Unfufilling. At First,they are cool,but repeat them,over,and over,and over again,and you'll see what i mean. and this is agravated if you played other Ace Combat games on the consoles, that really demanded skills from you.

so,it's a Hard game?! Far from it. Easy,even on the Ace Difficulty,but it has it's B*SH*T moments.
    Is a Bad Ace combat game?! by my standards,Yes. Namco has done better with its franchises.
    But it's a Bad game?! HELL NO.

The better pros i gotta say is: the cutscenes that are awesomely made, the Aircraft Collor editor that even to this date i revisit, and the Awesome models,beautifull with full interiors made by Project aces.

But the Unforgivable Cons i gotta repeat: The DFM and ASM are not good systems when done Scripted like 60% of the game. some sections are not,but they fell a bit cluncky to control,and i tend to lose control quickly. another Con is that the control on this game is very sensitive,even on the most Non-Sensitive setting,so it doesn't feel like Ace 5,6,or Cross Rumble,and you get to have tighter reflexes to adapt on how the Jets fly on this game. they feel different,but horrible?! no... just,worse. and those aspects i'm glad that namcobandai got right on the next games of the franchise,that can and MUST keep going in the direction it was since Ace Combat 3 (jp)... that by the way i still wait for a remake of that game... but let's not get out of the tangent.

My final Veredict: 7/10. Is not a Bad game, i can recomend for you who want a Different Experience all togheter.
    But if you are a Ace fan,as a said Aproach with caution or Don't go for it.(or at least,wait untill the price drop if you want to experiment with this beast).
  4. Apr 22, 2013
    I've always loved the Ace Combat series, this game is a bit of a stray. It is more cinematic and arcade than its former glory, which isn't a bad thing, but nothing to get excited about. This game is a great time killer when you need an adrenaline rush.
  5. Feb 2, 2013
    Arcade game, very fun, repetitive stuff like dogfight flying on same zone, if youre a sim fan dont buy this game, but only for fun and win the war alone, nice try
  6. May 16, 2013
    while the graphics and sound are top notch )except for the ground and buildings) the controls are hopeless. pitch and yaw should be separate control's..instead i find i am unable to do an aileron roll and the handling suffers dramatically..ive died multiple times just because the controls are not up to standard of the old ace combat or the HAWX games.
  7. Oct 31, 2015
    This is one of the sad cases where I actually enjoyed a game, quiet a lot even, but am still aware that it isn't much good and is actually not a game to recommend to anyone.
    I'll start by stating that I didn't play any other installment of Ace Combat and therefore I don't look at this game as a fan of the series, but simply gave this specific installment a try. I'm also not too experienced with flight games in general.
    Horizon Assault is a very arcadic game in almost every sense of the word.
    The story is, as you'd expect from this type of games, very predictable, generic, unsurprising, and not that vital for the game.

For a moment the game may seem like a flight simulator but it's definitely not, It's good at making you feel AS IF you're flying an aircraft, AS IF you're doing big stuff with the scripted explosions everywhere.
    And that's actually one of the strong points of the game, it's very good with BOOMING stuff, with making you feel that YOU are booming stuff, and it gives you an addicting sense of action and thrill, although with completely unrealistic mechanics at times (e.g. aircraft "heals" itself automatically while flying), but who cares, it's a video game.

The game's soundtrack also adds a LOT to the game, and as one who really cares about music in video games and is giving it a lot of attention, this game has one of the best tracks in video game soundtracks, in my opinion, with a combination of symphonic music with some electronicrock touches every once in a while. Splendid, really!

Unfortunately there are also reasons for you to stay away from Horizon Assault. Controls aren't most comfortable ever… Binding different keys won't help much. It can get confusing at times and at the beginning of the game I felt like quitting because I simply couldn't get hold of this DAMN helicopter. As soon as I got the hang of it, it started to get fun, though, but fun it really different and is a matter of perspective. And many people won't find this game fun at all.

The gameplay can get extremely repetitive and frustrating. The developers tried to keep it varied and in a way they succeeded in it, but it's still starting to feel generic and monotonous at times. Another thing which many people would hate is the Dog-Fight System, which is presented as an optional way to hunt your enemies but is actually your only way of getting through this game. And it can be horribly frustrating as well.

So, are you going to enjoy this game? That's really a matter of one's taste and expectations.
    I enjoyed it, mostly, and if you can enjoy some intense action sequences with things getting blown away with dramatic music in the background and some clichéd "saving America" story, it's possible you'd enjoy this as well.

It's possible you'd hate it, if that's not your kind …

Another note, out of the three times I've tried playing this game in multiplayer mode, I've managed to find other players to play with only once. So, my guess is that the multiplayer scene of Horizon Assault isn't very active. There's also no way to play over LAN, so, I could be wrong but I believe Horizon Assault pretty much leaves you with solely the single player missions. You should keep that in mind.
  8. Nov 1, 2016
    Didnt enjoy this one that much. Story first of all is just obnoxious with the dead worn Russia is the bad guy setting and simply cringe worthy dialogue, characters are also insanely stereo typical. Gameplay was disappointing aswell, while planes control well enough, the awfully scripted dog fights took away all the fun and introducing helicopter warfare was a monumental mistake. AC 130 andDidnt enjoy this one that much. Story first of all is just obnoxious with the dead worn Russia is the bad guy setting and simply cringe worthy dialogue, characters are also insanely stereo typical. Gameplay was disappointing aswell, while planes control well enough, the awfully scripted dog fights took away all the fun and introducing helicopter warfare was a monumental mistake. AC 130 and Blackhawk gunner missions felt also out of place and werent done that well at all.

Graphics wise game looked fairly good as long you were high in skies dog fithing fighting with nice weather and could effects, once you got closer to the ground, huge buldings or water you could be fooled by thinking youre playing a PlayStation 2 game. Jet fighters and 2 bombers were modeled excellent tho, but helis felt lacking.

Also if youre planning getting this on PC, BE SURE to have a Xbox 360 controller, game plays abysmaly on mouse and kboard, but thats understandable cuz game was designed for it. Its also clear this game a console port, a decent one at that, but dont expect lots of graphics options, game itself runs excellent with 60 fps all the way thru.
  9. Apr 28, 2014
    Combat is interesting for a while but is too repetitive and gets boring very quickly. While I appreciate the variety of game play types I find the only one entertaining enough to want to play over and over is the Apache missions. The fighter missions are the LEAST ENTERTAINING!!! I have no idea what they did wrong, perhaps its that whole chase sequence that the game requires. RegardlessCombat is interesting for a while but is too repetitive and gets boring very quickly. While I appreciate the variety of game play types I find the only one entertaining enough to want to play over and over is the Apache missions. The fighter missions are the LEAST ENTERTAINING!!! I have no idea what they did wrong, perhaps its that whole chase sequence that the game requires. Regardless way it failed to make its mark in the one aspect that SHOULD BE IMPORTANT! I recommend hawx (first one) and janes advanced strike fighters, to this. However, I really would like them to make a game that is all about gunships and have similar controls to this one... Expand
  10. Jul 25, 2014
    Long time fan of the series here. When I heard about the PC port I almost pre-ordered it without checking. Glad I hesitated when I heard about the quicktime-like events. Now it's free-weekend on Steam, so I gave it a try. Sadly, it turns out to be as disappointing as everyone says. At first the assisted dog-fighting was somewhat fun, but it got boring and then annoying very fast. I triedLong time fan of the series here. When I heard about the PC port I almost pre-ordered it without checking. Glad I hesitated when I heard about the quicktime-like events. Now it's free-weekend on Steam, so I gave it a try. Sadly, it turns out to be as disappointing as everyone says. At first the assisted dog-fighting was somewhat fun, but it got boring and then annoying very fast. I tried to like it, but I just couldn't. Worst of all, it's pretty much mandatory to use, unlike the assistance-off & ERS modes in HAWX for example (which were actually fun to use). The sad thing is, the game is fine in every other way and deserves a much better grade for everything else. It's just the dogfight-assist that breaks the most important/fun part of the whole game: the one-on-one fights with skilled enemies. Expand
  11. Apr 4, 2014
    This game is a pathetic excuse for an Ace Combat game. Dog fight mode is a stupid gimmick, forcing you to use helicopters is pathetic and not true to the series.

A real Ace Combat fan would delete this piece of **** from their hard drives and play the PS2 games over it. It's sad that a more recent, amazing looking game could have such a terrible story, terrible characters and overall

It's sad that a more recent, amazing looking game could have such a terrible story, terrible characters and overall poor quality. This game used to have a niche appeal and now they're trying to spread it out. It's not like I don't understand, I honestly do. You just did a very poor job with it.

I wouldn't give it a 1. I wouldn't give it a 6. The graphics make up a lot for the ****ness of the story campaign but it's still pathetic, mostly because dogfight mode takes away control of your flying so you can't even look at the nice scenery! That is its biggest problem... taking control away from the player.

Stick to the formula, guys. It's best to have a dedicated following than no following at all.
  12. Dec 21, 2014
    dog-fight feature. does this technology exist in real lie? I don't think so. why in the H*LL!!! does it have this st^p!d feature?
    that is the only reason this game was not respected like all previous ones.
  13. Jan 31, 2013
    This game has impressed me so much I made an account just to rate this game. The graphics are outstanding from the realistic terrain to the detailed aircraft. But most of all it is just a blast to play it makes you feel like your a fighter pilot on a realistic mission. The controls are awesome I love the lock on mechanic it really sets it apart from other flight games and I've played a lotThis game has impressed me so much I made an account just to rate this game. The graphics are outstanding from the realistic terrain to the detailed aircraft. But most of all it is just a blast to play it makes you feel like your a fighter pilot on a realistic mission. The controls are awesome I love the lock on mechanic it really sets it apart from other flight games and I've played a lot of them. The only complaint that I have is that the missions can seem kind of long and this is the only reason I did not give it a 10. To me this is the next step in arcade flight games. I feel like racing games have come a long way over the years and now developers know how to fine tune the mechanics in the game to give the player the best experience and I believe that that is what this game has done for arcade flight games. Collapse

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Feb 21, 2013
    A title you definitely didn't expect to see on PC, Ace Combat looks like a flight sim and plays like the vehicular sections of Call of Duty. It's a fun game while it lasts. The linear missions mean that the game holds no replay-value whatsoever. [Feb 2013]
  2. Feb 20, 2013
    Ace Combat Assault Horizon is one of the best air combat games on the PC platform. If you can go beyond the limits of gameplay (due to the entire genre) then consider buying.
  3. Feb 15, 2013