5.7

1. Nov 27, 2011
    Why comments of ruby1234 and dino are basically the same? Is this NEG marketing tactic? About Afterfall, well it is not a good game. Bad intro, animation and horrible voice acting. The universe is pretty good ok, but I don't care about the main character. Don't like him and his friends at all. There are many better games available on the market at the moment. I think it's better to play DS1 or 2 once againg than to spend money on Afterfall:Insanity. Expand
  2. Nov 28, 2011
    Game doesn't look bad. But animation is a joke, voice acting is horrible, fighting is bad, oponents are retarded, and cut scenes are making you laugh .. how somebody could give this 9 or 10 is beyond me, probably producers themselves.
  3. Nov 26, 2011
    This is a total rip-off of Fallout and Dead Space franchise. The plot is weak and boring, animations stiff. The game handles really wired, in spite of pretty good controls. Graphics are good use of Unreal Engine 3, but the studio cannot handle it properly, so game sometimes it freezes - always in the same locations, like you are being scanned for radioactive materials (it's also a proof of a rip-off locations when game loads the data). Audio are a two classes below Dead Space, but has it's moments.But in conclusion - don't but this game, it's a total waste of many and the creators had already done some games, but cannot do something really big enough to amaze the crowd. It's stiil too son, or they are just too weak. Afterfall Insanity - waste of many, good graphics only. Expand
  4. Nov 28, 2011
    It's not a bad game. Simply put: It's broken. Only part which works is graphics but all the rest is below any standards. You have been warned! Do not buy this!
  5. Mar 3, 2013
    This is not an awful game and I suspect lurking in it somewhere is a good game waiting for a little more developer attention. However I cannot bring myself to like it because everything is just *off*. If you dig through these reviews there are already plenty of people (legitimately) complaining about the story, the combat, the general blandness so I won't rehash those points. What really irritates me is that the game won't leave my desktop alone. Every time I exit Afterfall I have to resize all my windows and move my icons back because the game won't allow to play it in my monitors native resolution. Guys it's 2013; this should not be a problem anymore. And for this I give it a 3 instead of a 5 Expand
  6. Nov 25, 2011
    very low quality of animation and poorly made as for the technical aspect.
    apart from this, total fallaut rip off , bothing creaitive.

seems like they tried but i didnt work out. lack atmosphere. creature that is supposed to scare, makes you laugh.

add poor voice acting and **** dialoges and it give you the idea of this crap
  7. Dec 9, 2011
    Ok.Ok.Ok. I gave this game a new chance. But`s even more terrible than before. It just doesn`t work. You can see the developers tried an therefore i don`t give it a total zero. Please hire someone who knows things about dramatization (theater or film) Someone who knows how to tell a storyline. Sound and voice are just...........o man......so bad. I`ve tried to like this game (I did) But the only way to like it is to go back to a commodore64 for the next decade and then play this game. Expand
  8. Dec 2, 2011
    Very bad game I found this game to be pretty disappointing; as I only played about 30 minutes of it and then gave up. The story was uninteresting and bland, the voicing pretty embarrassing and the combat lousy. I really wanted to like this game, but don't go into it expecting anything. BTW I love the Dead Space franchise so don't expect the same game or you WILL be disappointed.
  9. Nov 28, 2011
  10. Jul 26, 2013
    This game is bad, poor animations, bad gameplay, HORRIBLE voice acting, dated graphics, don't play this game or you will regret that, i'm telling you!
  11. Aug 29, 2013
    Doesn't even run. Many people have had this issue and it has gone un-fixed for almost a full year now. Avoid this game as there is a strong chance that you won't even be able to launch it.
  12. May 10, 2014
    I was unable to push past around two hours with this game, despite a promising beginning with excellent art direction, seemingly depicting a survival shelter designed during the fashionable sixties or seventies, reminiscent of old TV series like Space 1999, or Blake 7.

Unfortunately the English voice-acting is agonisingly poor, and in places illegible without subtitles due to poor
    quality recordings combined with overbearing background music.

Visuals are adequate, even pretty in places, including that rarity in action-horror - dark rooms are actually dark! Animations, particularly facial animations are extremely stilted and out of date, however.

The combat is the heart of the game, given that even two hours in there seems to be rather a lot of it, and this is what murders the experience for me - fights are simple exchanges of 'block' 'strike', 'block' 'strike' repeated until the enemy turns into a sluggish ragdoll with a snarl or a groan. Repeat ad nauseum. Firearms combat appears to do nothing to alter AI, and merely drills off enemy HP until they either slump, or experience a gory limb removal.

Default movement is a very slow, floating jog, giving the protagonist a manner both camp/effete and slightly creepy. You can slow this down further with a walk button, held constantly rather than toggled, but the walk is a sort of sleepy, unconcerned saunter more suited to a summer evening than a living nightmare. Beyond that is yet another reiteration of the Gears of War sprint, blurring and shaking as you hurl yourself like a charging bull into walls, using the local geometry to steer. Lacking any real physics implementation, you'll simply slide off the richly detailed but utterly static environmental clutter, and your stamina for combat and running will inexplicably recharge within half a second, almost rendering it irrelevant.

What can be said... Some opportunist took a promising indie game and turned it into a low-budget Polish Dead Space with poor localisation and crude features - and I'm talking about the updated version with 'significantly enhanced combat' here - I can't imagine how bad the original must have been.

A tragic waste, an overwhelmingly boring, formulaic copy-cat of a game, that fails to copy the best parts of its predecessors while slavishly mimicking the use of picked up notes (all irrelevant and boring), clunky third person melee combat and bland shooting. Cargo cult game design at its finest.

Play something else, but hope these developers get to use their skills on a better directed project one-day.
  13. Jun 30, 2014
    I played this game just because it was free. Now I know that the start of the game was one of the biggest mistakes in my life. Why this game is so hopeless? Because: 1 brainless Al 2 Graphics dates from the PS2 3 Music ... One of the worst soundtracks in gaming history. 4.Playability does not exist. I do not need to exchange more minuses. If the game was not free would get zero.
  14. Nov 11, 2013
    This game is unplayable because of dull story-line, horrible animations, and low quality textures. Maneuvering is near impossible, and the game in total is truly unrealistic. I do not recommend this game to anyone.

1. May 11, 2012
    The mission design is average at best and suffers from repetition. The puzzles are irrelevant and so is the action – mainly thanks to the ridiculous AI.
    Survival horror inspired by classics like Fallout or Stalker can not hide its fan-based roots. With the second-grade visuals, sounds, level design and story it ended way beyond our expectations. [Feb 2012]
    Despite the moody atmosphere that is elaborately built and the smart puzzles, knowing that you always have another mediocre battle around the next corner turns the game into a chore with no real incentive. [February 2012]