• Publisher: NCSOFT
  • Release Date: Sep 21, 2009
6.6

1. Dec 21, 2010
    Aion 2.1 made the game a completely different experience.
    The bit of grind that existed at high levels long ago has been dealt with, Aion is very fun to play now if you are a social active MMORPG gamer. Its still hard though for solo gamer or kids who cant deal with the economy of Aion. Positive to see a game not just lure player with skinner box type gameplay like WoW.
    New 2.0
    questlines are gorgeous and the little story arcs are exciting. I could only wish there where more. The community-forums are though are overrun with people who quit the game long ago. I wish they would prevent player who don't play the game from posting to allow some mature discussions on the forums not overrun with hate and immature trolling. Evading to public fan-forums doesn't work for the same reason and its toppled by WoW fans who hate every other game they aren't pampered in like little babies and praised how great they are.
    Theres much to do for the community aspect of Aion and schooling to do for the new community coordinators. Especially how to deal with unconstructive hate and immaturity of quitter and self proclaimed critics also known as trolls.
  2. Nov 7, 2010
    This game is a joke They cant control the bots and gold farmers that have hacked their own game It is overridden with GOLD FARMERS AND BOTS LIKE EVERY OTHER NCSOFT game. It's still a grind. They may have upped the experience gain but that doesn't change the grind involved only lessens the time to gain a level! Asian MMO developers still haven't given up that grind 2 play mentality. Which is not only dumb but also a shame as this game could have been great. Expand
  3. Dec 30, 2013
    It's a good M.M.O.R.P.G. with both PvE and PvP content that offers a. awesome. experience.......
    It offers a .lot of fun for a variety of users........
  4. May 27, 2011
    For the first 20 hours or so, this game is fantastic. Probably the best MMO I've yet played (besides WoW of course). After 20 hours or so you start to realize you're just doing the same thing over and over and over and it gets so awfully repetitious. Graphics in this game are SUPERB though.
  5. May 15, 2012
    Since patch 3.0, and the game going free to play, Aion has become a very well rounded MMO. Graphically, using the cryengine, things are stunning. The PVP is extremely enjoyable. Still a bit "grindy", but overall very impressive. Worth taking a look.
  6. Jul 13, 2012
    Visually fantastic, visually alot better than world of warcaft, star wars the old republic. UI is somehow challencing for many players tries it. In europe it's F2P nowadays, I guess it's best F2P mmo I know, worth to try atleast!
  7. Jan 15, 2013
    i've played this game since it released, and it always keeps me coming back for more. It isn't prefect, and it's low drop rates and very gear orriented style of play may keep others from long term play, but i love this game and can't help but come back.
  8. Jaz
    Feb 24, 2013
    Beautiful game with superb character models and animations. Also the ability to flight. The potential was there, but that's it. Never realised. Flight time is too small, in specific areas only, too much grinding required and demanding cash shop. This game could have been so much better.
  9. May 5, 2013
    This is one of my favorite mmo's due to the character customization and game play. The details are beautiful and the creatures are unique. Those that say that Aion isn't a awesome gaming experience haven't truly gotten into it. It's much like WoW but with out the Creature Race's.
  10. Feb 12, 2014
    Aion has kind of improved. There's much less grinding, you can level your character from 1-65 in like a week. The community is still terrible and so is the NCsoft support. There are still ganks and PvP is unbalanced, but isn't that the case in almost every MMO?
    I think you should definitely try the game, though. The character customisation is great, the music and the landscape (especially
    the new places) are beautiful. It involves much more group questing than it used to and it's much easier to acquire good gear. Expand
  11. MTR
    Jan 23, 2013
    Warning to all new European users! This game at 23/01/2013 is a P2P, you must use real money to buy each month "1 gold pack". Without this item you cant do basic actions like buy/sell in market (broker) and have others big limitations that make impossible to play at level 20+.
  12. Mar 13, 2011
    This game is a massive turd.Massive I say. I logged in and accepted the first quest in the tutorial and it was "kill 3 ..." I thought it was a quest for the purpose of teaching how the combat works, but that was already it. Thats the whole game play. It starts with the first quest and it never ends. Kill X of X, that is it. Everything in his game, and by everything i mean EVERYTHING is grind. This game is so bad, it goes to the point that I can not give even a rating of 1/10 for the graphics because this has no purpose. **** is **** and it wont stop being **** if you color it. And tbh ths grafics suck, you zoom in and you see how bad it is. Its just a cruel mix of random colors, looks like greenish brown vomit. Every single texture looks the same, mobs a being reused over and over again until the end of time and space. You are standing in a pool of piss up to your neck and there is a boar trying to take a diarrhea dumb on your head and you have to decide to take a dive in the piss to avoid being **** on or you put up with the diarrhea and take a nice long bath in the piss to wash it off. It was already a failure the moment somebody in NC Soft got the idea to create this game. Expand
  13. Aug 17, 2012
    I was curious about Aion when it first came out, however I never actually bought it because of the bad reviews and, mostly, because I hadn't enough time to play too many games back then. After 3 years the game becomes F2P and I decided to give a look and I must admit that I left an impression on me, both good and bad. The game lets you choose 2 factions and once you make that choice you can't undone it unless you play in another server, which can be bothersome. There are 4 classes (warrior, scout, mage and priest), and each one can split into 2 sub classes which resembles a specific talent (Templars are tanks, Clerics are Healers, Gladiators are damage-dealer warriors, and so on). Once you make this choice and after passing a very wide and detailed customization screen (so those who like to make abominations, you're welcome here). Finally you start the game, and from here it's basically the same as many other mmorpg: you do quest, sell trash, gain level (60 with the new patch) and hopefully more gear; there's basically everything from any other mmorpg, including instances, pvp, professions, pets. ingame customization (we'll get to that later), and surprisingly even houses for those who like to chat in private rooms and etc: these are actually nice things and I really got impressed by the amount of things you can do at the beginning. The game is very similar to others in fighting style, but it adds a small mechanic based on chains, where basically whenever you use a skill others may or not activate, making more consecutives attacks and so on: not a bad idea and can easily "thin" the skillbar from the huge amount of skills by putting only a few of them (since some chains are also activated by clicking the icon near the character). As far as I can go, there is a lot of good in this game, and I really enjoy playing it...but this is a F2P game in europe (not sure in america), and eventually this detail comes up with negative points that I could not avoid. I want to tell though that I understand this is a F2P so I DO know it's normal to pay for stuff in game, so I won't complain that in general, but the problem is that when you start the game as a "Starter" (the f2p version), you are so....SO limited! And I mean a LOT. First off, you have only 2 slots available (in ALL the game) and that's cruel considering there are 8 classes; you're limited in how many pieces of items you can gather (like iron, herbs, etc) by 150, which it seems a lot but later it can be easily reached considering that professions require a huge amount of materials grinding; you cannot trade with other characters, which means you're on your own all the time; you cannot whisper anybody in the game (but you can be whispered); you cannot use the generale channel, which means you cannot ask for help nor ask for informations about anything. And most brutal of all, you cannot use the auction house, meaning that your attempts to get some gold by selling some stuff will be totally useless, since the only item you can buy (I think), it's the gold pack...which is the whole point of the f2p version, since the shop itself hasn't a very huge variety of goods except for the customization tickets (not costy, and this is coming from an old WoW player), some motion feature (which is NOT permanent....) and other items like extra wings, pets, etc (all the basics). Honestly, the game is basically all around the gold pack, because it's like a subscription: it removes the limitation I just mentioned and basically gives bonuses to the player, making this game into a pay-to-win instead of a free-to-play; even though it's not costy (it's cheaper than asubscription) and can be bought in game (but it's so costy that you won't be able to afford it), the point of a f2p is buy additional content, NOT to limit the content...my guess it that they had to remove some features since the shop has almost nothing useful (except the previous things) and the game would be virtually the same as the retail version, less the subscription, but I didn't like all of this limitation: I've played f2p before and the point in those game is to give additional content without actually removing content...so I'll give it a 7 mainly because it's NOT a bad game and I actually enjoy it a lot, but the limitations "limits" the fun factor and the will of continuing the game because someone might be discouraged to go on considering the limitations until they either buy a goldpack or just stop completely. And that's all I can say. Expand
  14. Aug 7, 2011
    If you're the type of MMO gamer that enjoyed Lineage 2 or any number of other traditional Korean MMOs, then this is the next step up. Graphically-speaking, nothing else can match the beauty of this game compared to any other MMO. The effects and detail are astounding (I say this after patch 2.5 and playing on a machine that can max out every setting). Gameplay-wise, it falls in to some common ground with too many other MMOs in delivering very uninspired quests and backstory. The good thing is there is enough detail given to other mechanics in the game that the detail of some of the content doesn't matter as much as how much fun you have just playing your character and exploring the world. It's definitely not for everyone in this regard. In particular for me, combat felt a lot slower then I expected until you gain enough skills to be firing off constant combo moves (improves after level 20). It's also a very linear leveling experience due to a lot of restrictions in place with where you can go and how long you can fly (if at all). The mechanics for flight are a fun distraction to me, although often times you'll be restricted to 'gliding' instead. All in all, it's well worth a try and available with a free trial. After some disappointment from WoW:Cataclysm, this has become my preferred MMO at least until I get to try SWTOR and see if it's better. Expand
  15. Sep 14, 2011
    This game is very fun at first. The combat is soothing and the graphics are incredible! BUT, The quests are the same old BS. Kills this collect that, Kill 335 of these things to get 1 drop ect ect. But it gets worse folks. After that annoying grind you get to run ALL the way back to base to turn in the quests. Wait, did you say use your mount? Well you have NONE! No Mounts in the game! and only 1 minute. Thats right 1 minute of flight time and you think flying is cool? Well sorry! You get to only fly in DESIGNATED AREAS. haha! Oh wait you can increase your flight time with enchants, new items ect? Well by the time to get those items or a high enough level you will be so sick of all the boring grinding you will be balled. Also why would i enchant my armor to fly longer when i can get an extra +12 critical strike rating and you cant change armor if you pull aggro while flying. Thank god i bought this game+exsp for only 7 bucks. Expand
  16. Aug 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is a grinder. It is freaking beautiful! I have played 4 MMOs (IMO major oones), and am happy with it quite allot. The only thing I miss is addons. The quest sysem is great, but finding the objectives can be a little confusing for some of the quests. After you get used to the UI (learning curb is a standard thing in MMOs), you get addicted. I have yet to be flatlined on my enthusiasm, and I have logged over 40 hours so far in it! Love it may be a too strong phrase, but I am on the virge of loving it!, just need to get higher lvl and start using more of the flight aspect in the grind Expand
  17. Oct 16, 2011
    Aion is a visually stunning world with captivating story and combat. The grind at launch has since long been fixed and is now a stand MMO with flight, PvPvE content, content patches every few months and one of the best customer support around. I've played World of Warcraft and Rift and I cannot say how much better Aion is in customization, story telling, combat and visuals. The world of Aion is something that you must not miss and there is no reason to with the free trial. Breathing a breath of fresh air into the genre, Aion revolutionizes everything we think is possible in an mmo. Crafting, Combat, Flight, Graphics, all rich in detail and webs intricate patterns into the game that will not be looked over.
    This game is definitely a game that you must play if you are waiting for a game or wanting a game to call home.
  18. Dec 20, 2011
    Anyone who loves MMORPGs needs to give this game a chance!

Aion is a graphically stunning MMO. I often find myself distracted from any task at hand by the beauty of my surroundings. The character creation is the best the genre has to offer and allows the player to really let their imagination go wild for better or for worse. Ability effects are flashy and the level of detail of, well,
    everything is impressive. I could go on and on about how visually pleasing Aion is.

The game play is of moderate difficulty. The "grind" is actually not that bad and has improved considerably since launch. I've played MMOs with a far worse grind (FFXI anyone?) and Aion is a pleasure to play in comparison. Most activities your character can take part in offer experience points... That includes fighting, quests, crafting, gathering craftables, etc. This gives you plenty of options on how to gain experience points.

I don't give Aion a 10 because the combat is actually not hard enough for my tastes and you don't need to be particularly skilled to get by. PvP is a bit unbalanced and I wish there was a bit more variety of end game content. Aion has room to grow and I look forward to being there as it matures from a great MMO to an excellent one.
  19. May 5, 2012
    Absolutely loving this game at the moment, even on a laptop I can still run around and enjoy the game with very little lag, you can choose to have a pet from lvl 10 and while you have the pet you can gain Iron coins from it in order to gain better armour,weapons and shields from coin rewarding NPCs I enjoy the fact you can gain armour,potions,scrolls and other benefits from completing surveys as they really can help to boost your characters speed,strength and health which can help out allot
    You can also play for free till lvl 40 after lvl 40 I believe you can still play you just wont gain XP but from looking on the site it doesn't cost much for a monthly subscription.

On the downside though you are unable to trade while on the free to play which can be frustrating when your trying to help out a friend and also you are unable to speak in the world channel. I highly recommend this to people who are unable to play certain games because of there PC limitations
  20. May 29, 2012
    #1 game in Korea. Why ? because it's awesome. with the 3.0 update there are so many features. Unlike the grindy diablo 3 this game actually feels fun. And guess what it's free and NOT pay to win loool.
  21. May 29, 2012
    Honestly, this is much much better than Diablo 3. At least it is not pay 2 win. You get housing too. It feels like sims online! Sims online + WoW ish game play you have something that is got to be 10/10.
  22. Jun 14, 2012
    WoW! This is the best MMO-RPG! In everything: the characters , leveling, combat, the world , everything! This is compared with 4story by Gameforce. There's the best MMO-RPG ever. Thurst me and play it!
  23. Jul 13, 2012
    Aion is a beautiful game, with excellent graphics and gorgeous enviroments.I have been playing Aion since the beginning, and it has evolved from a very simple MMO to a huge expansion of activities, in both PvP and PvE. NCsoft's support is fast and reliable, and will address most issues in little to no time. However, the Community Managers (those who rely information to NCsoft) have done a terrible job, turning a great concept into a horrible mess. Faction imbalance affects every single server on existence and they have done little to fix this issue, which has lead many players to leave. Currently character creation is open for both factions, and still the majority of new players chose the dominating faction.

Nevertheless, being on the "dominated" side, Aion brings challenge on certain moments such as PvP instances where differences based on numbers do little.

Aion might not suit you, but it's a nice game and worth trying.

Please note that English is not my primary language.
  24. Feb 18, 2014
    Today Aion is the best MMORPG game around. if you reach 50+ level with your character (1-2 week) you will see how Aion is great ;)

i played so many mmorpg (gw2, wow, lineage etc.) aion is the best so far.

Im gonna keep play this beauty untill Archeage come out for EU :)
  25. Apr 23, 2013
    Aion is a excellent game, but the western staff has done everything to kill the western playerbase.

I've been playing this game for over 3 years, and I've been banned a total of 3 times. Players tend to report others simply because they got killed on PvP. The support staff is incompetent, often they refuse to give answers or reasons as why players get banned and they simply ignore
    evidence.

Currently the game has no active Community Managers, they got fired since the Seattle Offices were closed, leaving the players clueless about updates and events.
  26. Jun 8, 2013
    Probably the worst MMO game I ever played for the last 10 years, even worst than Neverwinter. I got bored after only 3 hours. Character creation was nice, and... that's it. When I entered the game my eyes cried, it was ugly as possible with settings to maximum. I can't understand how people can say that Aion is beautiful. Next, animations and gameplay are outdated. I don't care about the release date, we are in 2013 so the game must stick to the actual standard or die. Finally, the quests, just kill 3 to 10 monsters or speak to a nearby NPC. There's so much quests and text, I stopped reading after the third quest, and main quest was lost in that amount of quests. The world was really boring, there was no life. After 3 hours of all of this, I stopped and uninstalled the game. Maybe it's more interesting after 100 hours, but I didn't survived that much time. It was maybe a good game when it was released, but I lost my DeLorean. And as a 2013 game, it's just crap and a waste of time. Expand
  27. Sep 27, 2014
    I think Aion online is still improving.This is one of my favorite mmo's due to pvpve system, the character customization , item enchanting and game play. The details are beautiful and the creatures are unique.while in combat,zoom the camera in and check out by yourself.It's much like WoW but with better graphics and few new features.
  28. Aug 9, 2013
    Took me ages to decide to check this one out and I am glad I didn't when it was still pay-to-play. After few months of playing I can say that out of big MMOs it's probably one of the worst. Sure it still looks gorgeous compared to most but graphics are not all. Most of the elements of this game are just bad. PvP is weird and forcing it on people trying to do regular quests makes bunch of them quit the game. It's too chaotic. PvE is boring and reduced to mindless grinding same missions 10, 30, 100 times. Classes are not balanced at all. Some depend on gear, some not. The fact that there is actually a PvP gear and you may want to have PvE AND PvP set is ridiculous. Rewards for missions are disappointing. The game is no newbie friendly. I see people having problems pretty often and not all of them are classic dumb noobs. There is bot infestation on every server and reporting does nothing cause nobody cares or checks those reports. Community is one of the worst things in this game though. Most of high level people are self entitled elites who call everyone a noob and refuse to associate with people outside their group of friends/legion (getting a group for instances for example is nearly impossible). And the lowbies are people who will most likely quit after getting ambushed by enemy faction for the first time while they are trying to get Essencetapping skill higher fro 10 hours straight. Cause that's the most important thing in the game along with getting crafting skills high which takes days of pointless standing and wiggling your arms around. Even grinding same stuff in Diablo 3 over and over again isn't as boring and pointless as most of the things in AION. Disappointing. Expand
  29. Nov 13, 2010
    It's a decent game, it's not very original, but it does a good job being a standard MMO. Ganking is a pretty big problem, because between levels 20 and 50 you can't really do anything against it. Personally it felt like I was just playing on autopilot the entire way, wasn't until I got to my 40s and could start doing semi-serious PvP it got any fun. It still takes too long to find parties in my opinion, unless you have at least a couple of hours of constant playtime you can't really do anything but solo grind.

tl;dr PvEs very grindy, PvPs fun but requires a **** of PvE grinding.
  30. May 16, 2011
    It is a beautiful environment. For me that is where the good ends. It is a grinder pvp fest. The gear is nothing to write home about due to the poor customization. Gold farmers are present above a level that I am comfortable with. The class system is more of the same. It is a overly gear gear dependent game. The crafting system needs some work as well due to the overall issue with usefulness at lower tiers. When you get in to making gold items then it becomes useful. It is heavily dependent on group play for survival. If you like to mix it up between solo and group play this might not be the game for you. Expand
  31. Jun 18, 2011
    Quite a fun MMO up till about level 20.. then BAM grinding smacks you in the face.. takes wayy to long to level and there are not enough quests.. graphically the game is very nice combat is nice but you can get past the grinding. People in the game are also a bunch of jackasses, there are no helpful people in the game (thats if you can find them)
  32. Aug 13, 2011
    Aion isn't for everyone. However, if you have a ton of time on your hands and love PvP it could prove to be somewhat rewarding. The leveling process is very slow, it's all grinding. the game starts opening up to you once you hit level 25 which is a real pain to get to. One thing I loved about the game is the character customization and the graphics, definitely amazing. To this day the game tends to be extremely lifeless and filled with gold farmers. It's worth a try.. but you'll most likely turn the cold shoulder away from Aion. Expand
  33. Sep 22, 2011
    Too much grinding. Visually, Aion is probably the best MMORPG out there, but the gameplay is nowhere near on par with its graphics. This game is designed to be a timesink.
  34. Dec 31, 2011
    One of the same boring asian mmorpg. Grinding, grinding and grinding. The game has nice graphics and the same ncsoft style of his game but the same boring gameplay in an world with instances
  35. Apr 22, 2012
    The atmosphere is great, the music is great, the visuals are great, but the game itself is average. Combat gets boring quickly, and too often feels like the bad kind of grinding. Flying around with your character is a novelty that doesn't end up working that well. Still, the Truly Free model that Aion recently adopted offers great value, and this game is much better than most other "free" MMOs that are out there right now. Expand
  36. Feb 29, 2012
    If you like Grinding, this is the game for you. I have played many MMO's and many of them did one particular thing better than the others. Aion online does nothing better than any other MMO I've played. To all those people giving this game great reviews: If you like this game then there are other games you would absolutely love a whole lot more...
  37. May 10, 2012
    Based on the free-to-play update, I figured this game deserved a new review that doesn't judge it as it was before. If you like mmo's I would recommend looking into Aion. You know all of those invisible walls that most mmo's slap on you? Yeah, most of those are gone here. In Aion, every character is a race of angel-type people called "Daeva." Upon receiving your class, you're given a fancy set of new wings. You're capable of entering two forms of flying modes. The first one is full on flying. You can do this in certain areas and you start off with a minute maximum time before your wings give out and you fall to your death. The second is just gliding. You can do this in any area. The whole flying aspect adds an interesting aspect on to the game, mostly because you know you aren't quite so limited on where you can go. The graphics in this game are quite fancy, but I won't spend much time on that because graphics do about as much to a game as a pretty dish akes your food taste better. Straight running through as an mmo, you won't find much to call it revolutionary, but you come to expect that from gaming now anywho. An interesting part of combat is the chain skill system. You get certain skills, depending on your set class, that you can activate further skills instantly directly after. This makes the combat more interesting later on because you have various skill opportunities popping up left and right. There's also another form of skill customization call "stigma" skills. Starting at level 20, you get slots to put in two stigma skills (two additional slots every 10 levels after) and you have a choice of what skills you want to put in there, so most characters won't have the same set of skills. The playing, however, is still basic quest, quest, quest, repeat. It has its entertaining properties if you enjoy mmo's and even more if you can find someone to talk to or do your quests with (because we're all lonely, lonely people with no friends in real life). One of the biggest downsides to this game, which I can't really blame on the game itself, is the community. Not to say that this game contains the same sort of butthurt dwellers and novice gamers alike that WoW contains, but to my experience, the community in Aion seems to be quite apathetic. I've found myself having an amazingly difficult time trying to find friends and a guild (legion)of people to actually talk to. None of the people I've actually met, though, are mean at all. Players you'll come across are actually kind and helpful (once again, in my experience). All together, this game is fun. I haven't even gotten into the immense customization (let us say it rivals the Sims for choosing how your character looks). I found myself making one of every class because they all seemed amusing to me, they all had their individual strengths and weaknesses. I find myself losing motivation to keep going forward, but for the price you are required to pay (a whopping $0), it is definitely worth the try. Expand
  38. Nov 13, 2013
    Something that I was curious about after playing WoW for some time.
    I touched Linage 2 and didn't like it for game play and art style.
    When buying Aion I was a little afraid that the art style of the game will be the same of Linage and I was right.
    Aion doesn't discover anything new but at the same time doesn't improve anything.
    Game play was OK but art style wasn't something I liked.
  39. May 13, 2014
    I started playing Aion when it just started 4.0 build. So I don't know how much changed from the previous version so don't get anger that some parts were ruined or gotten better. I am just stating what kind of impression I got from this game. It could good and bad, you can play it or not that is your choice.

1) Gameplay = The combat system is rather average with not a lot of depth to it
    at all. I have played Gunslinger and Cleric till lvl 50 and realize there isn't much to it. It is like every other MMORPG out there which isn't bad to those who might enjoy these kinds of combat but doesn't mean it's good. The skills do get flashier and flashier as you level up and replacing older skills with the updated ones makes it look more appealing but I hardly notice a difference in usage. They have chain skills which isn't that extensive but it's there and it can be convenient(less buttons to click). The flight mechanic is surprising done well, the controls don't feel awkward and it is very responsive. The only gripe I can say about it is the lack of flight locations, you feel very restricted to the ground often. If you aren't grounded, flying around is pretty neat and I wished for more flight campaigns rather than PvP uses. The PvPvE is somewhat annoying if you aren't prepared for it but luckily you can avoid most of the PvP when you stay in the Fast-Track Servers and stay away from Standard Servers. 6/10 ( Expand
  40. Jul 31, 2014
    very similar to World of Warcraft in many ways : quests, craft, leveling, potions
    good things : graphics better then WoW or Guild War 1, character speak when casting a spell, wings used during flight, cities architecture, flight into circles to enter Balaurds homeland, flight in some dungeons
    less : quests annoying, timed flight, need potions between fights, not too many dungeons, enemy
    infiltration, exploring enemy world, world vs world, world vs Balaurds

it is free now with many updates, patches and expansions.

Game play : 5/10, graphics : 7/10, background : 5/10, lifetime : 7/10, sound : 7/10, community : 6/10
  41. Jul 30, 2014
    Feels like too much grinding. However, past that issue, I feel like it is still one of the best MMORPGs out there. I play solo, I feel that I have to buy things in order to progress. The coin system to get better armors seems frustrating and repetitive.

Saw lots of bots in lowbie area. :(
  42. Aug 16, 2014
    Pay to Fail... Period. You will never socket manastones or enchant gear without paying $20-$30 for EACH ITEM $140-$210 for a full set. Crafting... yup you will need to pay for a token to level that (if you don't it will take approx 20 successful crafts to go up one level). For all this money on a "free-to-play" game you will get 500-1000 ping during fortress seige battles, no customer support (3 months and still no response to a ticket I submitted), and no community managers in N. America. Terrible, terrible, terrible game...

Just send a check to S. Korea. Less time consuming, cheaper, and less frustrating.
  43. Aug 17, 2014
    I really love this game, its a beautiful game, great graphics, great game play...sometimes. You can almost never socket successfully, and you get disconnected from the moment you start playing a lot of the time. The lag is quite real as well. If they can fix this problem then my review can change, but this is the highest i can give it right now.

Without a doubt, Aion is an incredibly polished experience that refines the best aspects of the genre and creates a spectacular new world. As a fan and critic of the genre, I wholeheartedly recommend Aion to both casual and experienced gamers.
  2. A streamlined, structured, gorgeous grind, an addictive and even rewarding grind if you're that way inclined, but a grind nonetheless. An ultimately grim and unvarying pursuit.
  3. Aion has definitely more potential than other most recently released MMOs. Its already quite a polished game, but lacks still some content especially for the high level range.