7.4

1. JaredH.
    Aug 20, 2007
    If the saying "you are what you play" is true, I'm embarrassed to say I played this. The character was so hard to relate to, his voice so grating on the nerve, it would be more satisfying to see him fail his goals then accomplish them Graphically, the game was colorful, but seemed novice and out of date. The story had it's moments--though it only picks up steam in the last If the saying "you are what you play" is true, I'm embarrassed to say I played this. The character was so hard to relate to, his voice so grating on the nerve, it would be more satisfying to see him fail his goals then accomplish them Graphically, the game was colorful, but seemed novice and out of date. The story had it's moments--though it only picks up steam in the last chapter, but the humor definitely missed it's mark; and unfortunately, the game attempts to be humorous at every click of the mouse. Voice acting went from horrific (such as the main character & narrator), to well done. Ultimately, if your idea of fun is playing a naive and clueless, 30-something year old attempt to get a wife in a western setting, maybe this game will apeal to you. And if you don't mind squeeky and over-the-top voices, as well as sometimes-tasteless sexual jokes, you might even find the game enjoyable Expand
  2. AnthonyS.
    Oct 15, 2006
    Rob E. summed it up nicely. After playing this game I honestly thought I had made a mistake on the release date. While I yearn for Hero's Quest, Monkey Island, etc. days of yore as much as the next guy, this game will give you none of the wit, charm, creativity or gameplay of those series. Yes, the vintage interface is there. But so is piss poor graphics by today's standards Rob E. summed it up nicely. After playing this game I honestly thought I had made a mistake on the release date. While I yearn for Hero's Quest, Monkey Island, etc. days of yore as much as the next guy, this game will give you none of the wit, charm, creativity or gameplay of those series. Yes, the vintage interface is there. But so is piss poor graphics by today's standards (come on, bring back the charm, the genre, but do it with the technology available for crying out loud!). To make matters worse, the voice acting is HORRIBLE (the main character sounds like nails on a chalkboard) and the characters' personalities are also highly annoying. It's clear they wanted to bring back Guybrush or Larry as a protagonist but failed horribly. Some reviews claim it will provide some great laughs and based on that alone I've played for a few hours. Zero laughs yet. Maybe if I force myself to make it thru a few more? My advice is to save your time by avoiding this and instead download Adventure Game Studio which is a freeware program that allows you to create your own "old school Quest series" games. A few hours later you'll probably have something on par with Al Emmo! Expand

1. Dec 10, 2013
    Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman’s Mine is a reminder that while games come in many forms nowadays, there’s nothing quite as satisfying as a classic adventure.
  2. If the whole game were as good as the last part, it might have matched the games that inspired it, but instead Al Emmo is just a decent game for fans nostalgic for old-style adventures.
  3. The game looks gorgeous, tells an engaging story, has fantastic voiceovers and will have you in stitches at some of its many outrageously funny moments.