7.1

1. Oct 7, 2013
    Alien Rage is downright awful. It's attempting to sell itself as an old school shooter but it's pulling the same crap that every single modern tactical shooter does right down to the ironsight aiming and objectives which require no more than "Go here and push this button."

The graphics are by no means brilliant and they go way over the top with the lens flares and bloom. The enemies are
    dull and uninspired and demonstrate some of the most stupid AI I have ever seen. It takes itself far to seriously to be a truly entertaining experience.

I would advise you go for something like Far Cry: Blood Dragon instead, which brings the same style of graphics and old school gameplay but with an overwhelming sense of parody which makes it so much more fun to play.
  2. Nov 17, 2013
    Really disliked it, the dev's tried to make an old-fashioned action ,but they made if far from it. Just another ordinary FPS game, with noting special to impress.
  3. Jan 2, 2014
    This game is your typical generic CoD-clone. Very unoriginal, and bad modern gameplay mechanics with horrible leveldesign. Cannot recommend this to anyone who likes true FPS such as DooM, Quake or Duke Nukem 3D.
  4. Sep 7, 2014
    Generic clone and they say ACM is bad. It pains me that I have to waste writing a 150+ words for a total waste of time game, truly facepalm nuff said.
  5. Aug 8, 2014
    I don't understand the people that call this old-school. It's simply Call Of Duty with a layer of paint on it. The enemies are "aliens" that take cover, shoot their rifles, throw grenades or, the only interesting part, they become invisible and hit you. That adds to the fights a little, but it becomes quickly just another meh...I saw you coming, shotgun to the face brother. And the weapons? Alien shotgun, human shotgun, alien assault rifle, human..you get it. All the fights in this game are the same fight over and over again, and new enemies add nothing, because they are just an old enemy with more health or stupid stuff like that. The story and characters are laughable, but I would forgive that if the gameplay was any fun. Like this, it just adds to the pile of ****. The levels are nothing more than dark corridors illuminated by orange and blue lights. That's all...no exploration, just some corridors. And a few pointless collectables that you need to "explore" to find. (meaning they are a little off the set path, like any modern game). The reason why this does not get a zero is because the fight (not the fightS because, like I said, there is only one fight repeated again and again) was somewhat enjoyable and there were a few moments that made me sweat a little (boss fights, avoiding a deadly minigun turret, stuff like that) Collapse
  6. Aug 8, 2014

1. Nov 17, 2013
    In short, Alien Rage just isn't very good. If it had nailed the combat, all its other flaws could perhaps be forgiven—but it didn't, so they can't. It's a terrible thing to say, but in a game stuffed to the gills with Xenomorphs, the most alien thing in the entire package is any sense of enjoyment whatsoever.
  2. Nov 14, 2013
    It is so mortally by-the-numbers that you'll genuinely believe you've already played the game before. [Issue#141, p.120]
    Competent to the last, Alien Rage Unlimited will tick the boxes for anyone wanting to indulge in warfare, whilst perhaps parting ways from any sort of thought process for an hour or two.