3.4

1. Mar 25, 2014
    i'll admit the campaign in this game was really bad, but have you played the multiplayer. i watched a lot of youtube reviews on this game and its all about the campaign, and they barely even mention multiplayer. The mulitiplayer on this game was insane fun, it was where the legit scary survivalness part of you kicked in because you had no idea where the xenos would come from, you had toi'll admit the campaign in this game was really bad, but have you played the multiplayer. i watched a lot of youtube reviews on this game and its all about the campaign, and they barely even mention multiplayer. The mulitiplayer on this game was insane fun, it was where the legit scary survivalness part of you kicked in because you had no idea where the xenos would come from, you had to use your motion tracker. but since this game bombed in reviews, it takes like 30 min. to find a game because nobody plays it anymore Expand
  2. Apr 12, 2014
    This game is terrible. From the broken A.I. to the dozen glitches you'll encounter when you play this game (you probably don't want to), this game should be avoided at all costs.

I chose to review this version of the game over the PS3 version even though I played both versions. I chose this version because the graphics should be improved on PC right? Wrong. The PS3 and PC versions look ALMOST identical and that is something not be proud of.

The graphics may not be the most important thing, but the same goes for the gameplay. The gameplay is terrible and like I said, has tons of glitches and a bad A.I. that sometimes blocks your way because it is running in circles.

Obviously this game is unpolished and unfinished. I would give this a 0 on the spot, but this game went through development hell and switched studio after studio. I wouldn't bash Gearbox for taking the credit of this game, as they have released gems before such as Borderlands 1 and 2. SEGA rushed Gearbox to complete the rest of the game after the last studio quit.

I just wish they would have kept the graphics and gameplay that we saw in the demo 2 years ago.
  3. Apr 13, 2014
    I really don't know why everyone is **** about this game. This game is pretty decent, sure it's just another COD clone but it's not a **** one. I didn't play the other aliens so I am not an angry fanboy. the shooting works alright and the graphics are not bad but the story is boring as hell. This game is not good and not bad, its not special.
  4. May 6, 2014
    The biggest gaming let-down of this century. Fans waited seven years.. for this? I have lost faith in Gearbox as a company with the way they handled this release. There is no excuse for the patchwork story, buggy menus, and lack of dedicated multiplayer servers. Everything in this game feels low rent, as if it was an after-thought and that the game needed to be pushed out fromThe biggest gaming let-down of this century. Fans waited seven years.. for this? I have lost faith in Gearbox as a company with the way they handled this release. There is no excuse for the patchwork story, buggy menus, and lack of dedicated multiplayer servers. Everything in this game feels low rent, as if it was an after-thought and that the game needed to be pushed out from development hell. Avoid at all costs. Expand
  5. Dec 12, 2014
    Mission 6: For Bella

Enters this facility with 3 guardians turrets and cant get past it because of a BUG! I saw a walk-through guide and the 2 npc's who is with the player at the time, is suppose to follow the player inside and come up with a solution to get by the turrets. In my game, they stand outside doing nothing. I seen this before in the game and when u reach some point, they
    Mission 6: For Bella

I saw a walk-through guide and the 2 npc's who is with the player at the time, is suppose to follow the player inside and come up with a solution to get by the turrets. In my game, they stand outside doing nothing. I seen this before in the game and when u reach some point, they start moving again and catch up. But this time, u cant go back or forward. U need those 2 inside, but they freeze outside. Game over!

So that said, they AI is broken, running around like chickens with no head, its pure FPS action - no scary elements u would otherwise link with an Alien game or movie. For a 2013 game, the graphic is terrible and a mess. In 1920*1200 resolution, I hit better at range with a red dot indicator, firing from the hib, then taking a aim.

All in all, not recommended and i just un-installed the game since im stocked half way through the game anyways.
  6. Jul 22, 2014
    Spectacular game! I put off buying this game because of the bad reviews but I now see most of them are unfounded. This is definitely worth buying, even more so if you are a fan of Aliens.
  7. Sep 23, 2014
    One of the biggest gaming failures. Its story is a joke, the coop is a joke, the mp modes are the usual uninspired tdm call of duty garbage. Overall this game is a joke. Don't buy.
  8. Oct 3, 2014
    It's sad but I think the sounds were the only thing i enjoyed about the whole game. The Aliens were difficult to track if you lost them especially the face huggers. 80's iconic symbols always seem to get ruined when created now, so sad so much more potential tech wise and I feel like I wasted $67 dollars
  9. Nov 2, 2014
    Biggest let down of this decade, Alien Colonial Marines was promised to be a gritty shooter with survival horror elements but all it amounts to is another Call of Duty clone with awful AI. The Alien AI awful and is completely different to the game play shown before launch, with aliens spazing across the walls and charging toward the player and missing by miles. The story is lack luster andBiggest let down of this decade, Alien Colonial Marines was promised to be a gritty shooter with survival horror elements but all it amounts to is another Call of Duty clone with awful AI. The Alien AI awful and is completely different to the game play shown before launch, with aliens spazing across the walls and charging toward the player and missing by miles. The story is lack luster and was not used to the best effect. The gun play is fun but you end up fighting generic Waylon Yuntani merc's with no character. In the end the game amounts to lack luster game play, plot and AI. Warning do not pick this game up! Expand
  10. Oct 10, 2014
    Disappointment doesn't quite sum up my feelings for this game, there was so much promise. Gearbox, why? .
  11. Oct 25, 2014
    I have no idea why this game is rated low. Perhaps this is the war between game makers, bureaucracy even here? The graphics are excellent, but at the same time, you could get away with playing on lo graphics and enjoy it on a medium spec'd computer. But if you have the right spec, this is an immersive game, visually brilliant. Some places it could be better, yes, some patches might haveI have no idea why this game is rated low. Perhaps this is the war between game makers, bureaucracy even here? The graphics are excellent, but at the same time, you could get away with playing on lo graphics and enjoy it on a medium spec'd computer. But if you have the right spec, this is an immersive game, visually brilliant. Some places it could be better, yes, some patches might have helped but that is the case with best of the games out there. Secondly, the storyline isn't boring, its fast paced even if it is long; this is where most games fall and this didn't. If you want something to play over the weekend, i recommend you get this game which is now available with all extra downloadable content on steam and in stores.. which is an added bonus. Expand
  12. Dec 10, 2014
    The game is a massive letdown. All the time it spent in development hell turned it into a buggy, boring mess of a game. it could have been so much more. What we ended up getting is a below average run-of-the-mill FPS. I shan't go into more detail, since others have covered it over and over again. Simply avoid it, even if you are an Aliens fan.

Jimbo Rating: 2/10